Actually that was me, touche.

Well then stop offending me with the name then.. touche

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Why Has Arena Net Not Addressed Our Issues

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Becky.8396

Becky.8396

they are waiting… if the sale go well. they will just keep ignore.

This. Which is short sighted to say the least. Anet is leaking vet players, many of whom have spent $100’s and even $1000’s in the gem store supporting this ‘no subscription’ game over the last 3 years.

Unfortunately, loyalty and goodwill can only go so far, and each time they mislead us or otherwise appear to be playing us, it leaves a bad taste and drains away just a little more of that goodwill and loyalty, ultimately culminating in situations like this.

I am adopting a wait and see approach for now. However, whether or not they address it or fix it, I fear that much of the damage has already been done.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

It is also hurting the potential future customer base, they are clearly underestimating the power of Reddit, youtube, review sites, blogs, friends of players, the list goes on. Remember the telephone game you played as a kid ? That X thousands, potentially of course.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Gaile did address players about it saying they’re looking at feedback. It just doesn’t seem to be the answer players are looking for though.

They can’t really run into this with a half-kittened plan; look where it’s landed them now.

where is this exactly?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/60#post5164966

Thats not an answer. its them saying we are reading, not doing anything about it

Which brings me back to my first point.

Given the backlash this has received, would you:

a) blindly jump in with a solution that could anger more players?
b) take the time to gather feedback to come up with a solution that is less likely to anger more players?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Gaile did address players about it saying they’re looking at feedback. It just doesn’t seem to be the answer players are looking for though.

They can’t really run into this with a half-kittened plan; look where it’s landed them now.

where is this exactly?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/60#post5164966

Thats not an answer. its them saying we are reading, not doing anything about it

b) take the time to gather feedback to come up with a solution that is less likely to anger more players?

I would c) take the time to gather feedback, while also maintaining at least a minimal amount of dialogue with the players. not promising anything until it’s been worked out, but assuring that issues are being considered, clearing up some of the ambiguities that are pushing this thing into overdrive, and doing my best to separate all these discussions into their individual issues. (right now there are several distinct complaints, but they’re all thrown into the same few threads, so we have contradictory messages going up all over.)

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

they havent addressed your issues because they are game developers, not pshychiatrists.

TheDaiBish.9735

I would c):

• take the time to gather feedback, while also maintaining at least a minimal amount of dialogue with the players.
  • not promising anything until it’s been worked out, but assuring that issues are being considered,

1) What dialogue? Outside of ‘we are discussing these issues’ there’s not much they can say in terms of what they are discussing internally for the reason in point 2.
2) Anet has done this in the past – not promise anything – and yet people have always brought up that they haven’t delivered what they promised, even when they’ve added on the blog posts that things are subject to change. Also, Gaile has stated that they’re passing issues onto the team. Just look at some of the responses and you’ll see why it’s a mostly pointless exercise.

You have a point with the other two though.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

This whole thing has seriously made me unmotivated to play GW2…. i dont want to be unmotivated ive only owned the game for 45 day

;-;

Please don’t be put off by this dark time in GW2 history. This whole ordeal with pass eventually, and the forums with once again go back to complaining about Longbow Rangers and their new double-rapidfire.

NSPride <3

Gray.9041

I would c):

• take the time to gather feedback, while also maintaining at least a minimal amount of dialogue with the players.
  • not promising anything until it’s been worked out, but assuring that issues are being considered,

1) What dialogue? Outside of ‘we are discussing these issues’ there’s not much they can say in terms of what they are discussing internally for the reason in point 2.
2) Anet has done this in the past – not promise anything – and yet people have always brought up that they haven’t delivered what they promised, even when they’ve added on the blog posts that things are subject to change. Also, Gaile has stated that they’re passing issues onto the team. Just look at some of the responses and you’ll see why it’s a mostly pointless exercise.

1)

• there’s quite a lot of ambiguity surrounding HoT,
    for example, some people say the inclusion of the core game is a pre-purchase bonus, while others say it’s a permanent thing (anet sources aren’t clear, but seem to imply the latter
  • sometimes just acknowledging that you’ve read or understood something can be a huge help.
    for example, I can see that there are a number of issues being raised on the forums right now, it would be nice to know that the Anet teams sees this and is considering the issues individually. I don’t want to think they’re treating two or three separate issues as one, which would lead to more confusion, more mistakes, and less trust.

for my part, I’d like to see Gaile – or someone else – talking to the players, not promising fixes, but clarifying what the issues are. passing on the issues is fine, but I think it’d be nice to make sure that the issues we’re trying to raise are the ones being passed on to the team.

(also, nice reformatting of my original post. I think I’ll go for that style in future)

(edited by Gray.9041)

TheDaiBish.9735

I would c):

1)

• there’s quite a lot of ambiguity surrounding HoT,
    for example, some people say the inclusion of the core game is a pre-purchase bonus, while others say it’s a permanent thing (anet sources aren’t clear, but seem to imply the latter
  • sometimes just acknowledging that you’ve read or understood something can be a huge help.
    for example, I can see that there are a number of issues being raised on the forums right now, it would be nice to know that the Anet teams sees this and is considering the issues individually. I don’t want to think they’re treating two or three separate issues as one, which would lead to more confusion, more mistakes, and less trust.

for my part, I’d like to see Gaile – or someone else – talking to the players, not promising fixes, but clarifying what the issues are. passing on the issues is fine, but I think it’d be nice to make sure that the issues we’re trying to raise are the ones being passed on to the team.

(also, nice reformatting of my original post. I think I’ll go for that style in future)

Touche, although I’d argue that they need to pass the feedback on first before they can understand what the issues are, in which case then would be the time to start the whole ‘these are the issues we’re seeing brought up:’.

Yeah, sorry. I just find it easier to address multiple points if they’re separated like that >.<

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Gray.9041

snipity snip

Yeah, sorry. I just find it easier to address multiple points if they’re separated like that >.<

don’t apologise. it’s a much better way to lay out multiple points, and it’ll actually make future posts easier to read. thanks for showing me how it’s done.

(edited by Gray.9041)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Who exactly is this mythical us you are talking about?

TheDaiBish.9735

Who exactly is this mythical us you are talking about?

The people with the issues?

‘Us’ doesn’t have to denote ‘everyone’. It can refer to a group of people as well.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’ll be a joke of the industry if this pre purchase cos them a huge loss of playerbase^^

Won’t be much a joke when the player base rises from all the new players that received a free copy of the core game ^^

Yeah, i already can see that wave of new players that didn’t try to play gw2 yet but will be brought in enticed by cheap price and word of mouth.
…oh wait.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If they didn’t get the game at 10$ during a sale there is absolutely no reason for them to get it now. Especially since the core game was advertised as needed to play the expansion before they came out with this permanent “core* and expansion bundle” as the only way to get the expansion, so whoever was interested in the expansion has probably bought the game already.

*but not if you’re an already existing player.

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

Still no update after Point of interest show?
Haven’t got time to tune in that show, anyone care to update?

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

maybe they need to get the achievement to claim the title “Worst Company” same as EA ?

*achievement unlocked

I think that was Forbes that gave them that, right? I remember when ME:3 tanked and the outcry from the fans drove their stock value into the toilet almost over night.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Honestly, the people at EAnet are probably just very busy. I mean, check out their website here and look at all the games this studio has to work on right now: https://www.arena.net/

See? There’s Guild Wars 1, there’s Guild Wars 2, there’s…… Guild Wars 1; yeah, they might wanna fix this, now that I think about it…

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I think, they see this one and it explains everything:

It’s been done already.

They waiting to reveal new elite specs that can raise the hype to a new level.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Don’t worry, they are taking their time to buff all elite specs across the board. Let me see you enjoy PvP/WvW without HoT.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Don’t worry, they are taking their time to buff all elite specs across the board. Let me see you enjoy PvP/WvW without HoT.

It’s like every other game: there will be a certain amount of power creep that pushes players to upgrade. Either right away or over time, elite specializations will become the go-to builds due to their increasing advantage over “base set” builds.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It’ll be a joke of the industry if this pre purchase cos them a huge loss of playerbase^^

Won’t be much a joke when the player base rises from all the new players that received a free copy of the core game ^^

They can’t access the new content till 80. Half of new accounts sold probably don’t even achieve that. Some success story.

As for what Anet is doing… let’s be honest they’re counting sales by the day and seeing if they can make this ugly plan work without changing anything.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

They can’t access the new content till 80. Half of new accounts sold probably don’t even achieve that. Some success story.

As for what Anet is doing… let’s be honest they’re counting sales by the day and seeing if they can make this ugly plan work without changing anything.

aah the magic of making up numbers!

And what, they’re seeing if a promotion was successful and if their market research was right about setting a price point? What a shocking plot!

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

I saw this posted on another thread, and it is basically true…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

This is so accurate. I know HOT isn’t finished yet so i’m not gonna instantly throw my money at something that doesn’t even have a guarantee release date. I did that when GW2 first came out and it got delayed a few times…

Pre order/purchase only means you’re funding the money for them to complete the product. Whether you want to or not thats your choice.

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

while all the people are out patting themselves on the back for buying the $100 per purchase.
we are here trying to fight for justice and make this a fair deal for everyone and so everyone can enjoy the game.

Are you trying to say that the people that haven’t bought the game are inherently better, more caring, and more morally responsible than those that have? Seriously?