Why Stronghold beta on a Tuesday?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Soap.6385

Soap.6385

I am wondering why the test for Stronghold is taking place mostly in the middle of the day in the middle of the week. I, for one, will be working late Tuesday the 14th so I will play maybe one stronghold game which will hardly be enough to kitten it fairly and offer feedback.

I would recommend:

1. Test on a wekend, Sat-Sun, or Fri-Sat
2. Test from 6PM Pacific to 6PM pacific, that way people can play in 2 separate evenings instead of noon to noon where anyone with a day job can play for one evening at most.

I am sure there must be a reason other than, “We don’t want to work weekends,” right??

Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for the opportunity to test Stronghold.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

It is likely another stress test situation where they want to see how the servers handle the larger capacity. They likely want the data for something else they are working on later in the week and see the general population on Tuesday’s (generally scheduled patch days) as adequate for their testing purposes.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I would recommend:

As far as I can assume, most Anet employees don’t work on the weekend, and so it would not be wise to have a beta event on a day when there are fewer people to moderate it and fix any issues that arise as a result of it.

Tuesday has also been the long-term “patch day” for Guild Wars 2 for some time now, and makes sense as the most likely contender for a beta event as we can expect to have a larger patch this coming Tuesday where Anet can add a large amount of files they want us to test for the Stronghold map.

The event is 24 hours, most people should be free for at least 30 minutes to have a go at it if they so desire.

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Because developers have a life, just like you.
They only work at week days yknow.
The only reason you complain is because you have work at week day, and you want to play at weekend. But hey, developers don’t want to work on weekend too just like you!

Posted by: Soap.6385

Soap.6385

To do strong stress-testing, games often have “beta weekends.” Maybe that is coming up in the future, but I am surprised people are so immediately defending them releasing content away from peak hours (on Tuesdays). I did address that weekend working could be the issue in the OP, but I am sad to hear it because it is quite common to do weekend tests across the industry…

This honestly sounds like laziness to me, I hate to say it because I love the game.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know….if it is ‘lazy’ for the Devs to not work on a Saturday or Sunday, then maybe you could work the weekend, and take Tuesday off, instead. It would only be the one person changing schedule, instead of a few Dev Teams, no?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Patch day, they work weekdays like normal people, maybe they want to limit the stress as compared to a weekend.

There was short stresstest days between the beta weekends before release of the main game too, and I think some of those was on weekdays too.

Just deal with it and hope a beta weekend will come up or something… I am sure you will get your chance.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

They’re competing with Mortal Kombat, the jerks.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Because it’s a beta, not a demo.

If it was just a demo, where the main (or only) goal was to get people to try and see the new system, I’d agree, move it to a weekend.

However, since it’s a demo AND a beta, where at least part (if not most) of the goal is to actually test the map and PvP mode in a public setting to see how people react to it, what is liked/disliked, how can it be broken and what exploits can be found to be fixed before release, makes perfect sense to have it happen in a workday where Anet employees will be in the office tracking the results and feedback.

And since patches usually happen on tuesdays in the first place…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I am wondering why the test for Stronghold is taking place mostly in the middle of the day in the middle of the week. I, for one, will be working late Tuesday the 14th so I will play maybe one stronghold game which will hardly be enough to kitten it fairly and offer feedback.

I would recommend:

2. Test from 6PM Pacific to 6PM pacific, that way people can play in 2 separate evenings instead of noon to noon where anyone with a day job can play for one evening at most.

I am sure there must be a reason other than, “We don’t want to work weekends,” right??

Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for the opportunity to test Stronghold.

Pull a sicky, job done. Or man up bite the bullet and just Wait like the rest of us who didn’t get a chance to play the first test. Be great full you don’t have to book time off from a wife and kids to play.the game, let alone a beta/stress test.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Tuesday’s always been their day for small stuff like this.
And it’s 24 hours, the vast majority of people should have some time to play that day. It sucks to be an outlier, but them’s the breaks.

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: Warblade.2850

Warblade.2850

Not to mention the 13/14th 2 block buster titles are being released. Cant help but think people will be much more interested in GTAV and Mortal Kombat.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ I have a feeling that the target market for GTAV and MK is not really the same as the one for GW2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Not to mention the 13/14th 2 block buster titles are being released. Cant help but think people will be much more interested in GTAV and Mortal Kombat.

You can only play Stronghold for a little while, where as GTAV will be launched so there will be plenty of time to play it (although it’s probably going to be bug ridden). I’m looking forward to playing GTAV but I wouldn’t say it’s a priority over a short term beta test… At least it should be a no brainer unless you just simply prefer playing those games over trying the Stronghold test which is just a matter of preference.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

^ I have a feeling that the target market for GTAV and MK is not really the same as the one for GW2.

Well GTAV has a wide range of players and is realy popular… Sadly… But MK, I didn’t even think it was a popular game :P I though that title died when they started making it 3D and making bad movies of it

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

BrotherBelial.3094

Well GTAV has a wide range of players and is realy popular… Sadly… But MK, I didn’t even think it was a popular game :P I though that title died when they started making it 3D and making bad movies of it

You mean there where more than 2 of them?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Well, MK9 is way bigger game than GW2. Every freaking household with console have it. And imagine MK10 that promising to be even better.

sPvP in MK is balansed! Team PvP is balanced too!!! This game is just iompossible for this universe, time and dimension!!!

BrotherBelial.3094

Well, MK9 is way bigger game than GW2. Every freaking household with console have it. And imagine MK10 that promising to be even better.

sPvP in MK is balansed! Team PvP is balanced too!!! This game is just iompossible for this universe, time and dimension!!!

Not true, I have a console, Xbox one. and I don’t have any MK games. I’ve not owned an MK game since the Super Nintendo.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Same, I used to play Mortal Kombat way back, I don’t think I would nowadays.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Because they somehow decided that HOT close beta is not as important and if we waited this long we can be silenced another 6 months.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I do wonder how many people will be pulling a sickie from work on Tuesday :P

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Hybarf Tics.2048

I do wonder how many people will be pulling a sickie from work on Tuesday :P

For a small map of PVP you’re kidding me, right?
I wouldn’t even do it for HOT closed beta.

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Sorry I don’t even know what MK is…
And I live in Canada, and never heard anyone mentioning it before.
Your theory is incorrect.

Posted by: Leonhardt.8164

Leonhardt.8164

sounds like a personal problem, Anet will not catter to such a personal demand

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

This thread is dumb.
Tuesday is always a major day for them, this is for their testing purposes, they scheduled it for when they work, not when you have free time.

Hybarf Tics.2048

Because someone from PVP would ask the same question you did if PVE was first.
So thanks to people like you we’re second.