Why does Lege armor have to be tied to Raids?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sairyan.1465

Sairyan.1465

Why only raids? If we can get legendary weps in a variety of regular pve content why not the legendary armor? Not everyone likes raids and a top tier of equipment shouldn’t be exclusive only to those who want to raid.

Will there be other options and ways to acquire legendary armor is this the only way?

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

Only This way , atleast i hope so , it isnt Top Tier its just a skin

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

You can’t get legendary weapons through a variety of PvE content it’s pretty much 99% open world.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Why only raids? If we can get legendary weps in a variety of regular pve content why not the legendary armor? Not everyone likes raids and a top tier of equipment shouldn’t be exclusive only to those who want to raid.

Will there be other options and ways to acquire legendary armor is this the only way?

Why do all Legendary weapons have to be tied to open world Pve content? And exclusive to people that play Pve?

Sairyan.1465

Why do all Legendary weapons have to be tied to open world Pve content? And exclusive to people that play Pve?

Legendary making/acquiring should be possible in all modes IMO. It seems they are trying to force ppl into raids if they want leg armor.

Sairyan.1465

Only This way , atleast i hope so , it isnt Top Tier its just a skin

Get outta here with that lol. And it is a top tier item. Legendary is highest and most expensive type. Just not stat wise.

Sairyan.1465

You can’t get legendary weapons through a variety of PvE content it’s pretty much 99% open world.

Well pve content and open world to me mean the same thing. Basically in the majority of content in the game you can contribute to your legendary. But for Leg armor so far it seems mostly exclusive to raids. To unlock it and to build it. But we’ll see how they set up the process.

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I assume it’s because it clips on Revenants, Theifs, and Necros so that’s why it’s only available in Raids?

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Well pve content and open world to me mean the same thing. Basically in the majority of content in the game you can contribute to your legendary. But for Leg armor so far it seems mostly exclusive to raids. To unlock it and to build it. But we’ll see how they set up the process.

That’s nice how PvE is open world to you. To me it’s raiding and fractals. Truth is all of them are PvE. In fact legendary armor is probably the most diverse as you have to do both raids and open world as opposed to the HoT legendaries which is simply just a terrible open world grind.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Because all the modes have exclusive ways of obtaining legendaries ?

Weapons – PvE/WvW with the exception being TOL
Backpacks – Fractals/PvP
Armor – Raids

Each mode showcases a specific amount of dedication to that mode and is the endgame reward for it.

So, get out there and raid.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Backpacks – Fractals/PvP
Armor – Raids

Each mode showcases a specific amount of dedication to that mode and is the endgame reward for it.

Technically Legendary armor requires open world PvE as well because of the provisioner tokens, chak eggs, and reclaimed metal. So anyone saying Legendary armor is from raids they are wrong, it is from general PvE: Raids, world bosses, open world.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Because raids are so popular that Anet need to use every possible method to try and corral people into them. Do you want legendary armour? Better do raids! Do you want spirit shards from experience in Heart of Thorns maps? Better do raids! It just strikes me as a little pathetic. If the content was as popular and desired as they make out, why do they need to lure players in with every single reward, both large and small, that they can find?

Posted by: Asa.3602

Asa.3602

Legendary armor is meant to reward players for doing the most challenging content, which is raid. Your question is like asking why is legendary backpiece tied to fractal and pvp. Ofc they want to reward the people who do those content, and to prompt players to step out of their comfort zone. In the end legendary armor is just a fashion icon like everything else endgame in gw2, so being exclusive is actually a good thing.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Does it really matter? its just a cosmetic reward for raiding A LOT. I mean.. if you already got ascended armor, its not much benefit. Maybe now you can swap it between 3 classes of the same armor weight and toggle the suffix.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s also an incentive for players to do the raid. It makes it something special and people know you did the raid, separating them from those who don’t do it. And that’s just a fracture. Expect a lot less legendary armor wearers than weapon or backpack wearers.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I’m fine with it being raid only. Those that want it, can work for it. Those that don’t want it, like me. Don’t have to. The raid is boring and uneventful for me =/
I personally have more enjoyment out of content where one’s equipment didn’t determine pass/fail

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Sectry.1236

Sectry.1236

I personally have more enjoyment out of content where one’s equipment didn’t determine pass/fail

You can clear the raid in full greens if you’re good enough and dedicated.

Posted by: MrJ.8142

MrJ.8142

The idea of legendary armor only viable for raider is total crap.

The game is an open world content mmorpg and war between players. The idea of getting legendary weapon from open world adventure is very great from Anet. This is probably the best idea to get legendary. But come on, do we fan of open world content should do raid just to get the armor?

Legendary backpiece has 2 ways to get it. Fractal is a short time dungeon (mostly acceptable for us open world lover because you can just do it for 30 minutes and you’re finished). If you don’t like fractala, you can do PvP as other option which is also acceptable (30 minutes of fight and done).

But hey, I don’t ever heard a 30 minutes raid. You have to spend hours to finish it. We have game for raid lover, it’s called World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV.

This is guild wars 2. It is a unique mmorpg that give you flexibilities to play what you like and the end game is endless (get rich, WvW, doing fun exploration with guildies while making every second matters).

Yeah I get it some people really love raiding and stuff like that. But have you ever think why in the first place we play GW2?
Just a suggestion, at least give us other choice to get legendary armor via something else. We don’t want to spend so much time just to done 1 raid. (If you gonna argue me on this by saying build a static or crap like that, it isn’t an option for some of us, most of my friends in-game have thing called life.)

Also to all of you who think we should get legendary armor via raid only, you should learn that not everyone have the time to spend 2-3 hours on raid just to get it. We have job, family and stuff to do in real life. Try to be in our shoes once a bit.

This is an honest rant from me and my friends.

Tl;dr : make other option to get it. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, MrJ

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Why will legendary armor get rewarded to those that are quite possibly newer but have more money to pay for a raid win rather than those that have quite possibly been playing open world longer and either don’t want to raid or pay for a win?

Legendary anything should encompass all areas of the game, not just 1 area.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

(edited by HazyDaisy.4107)

Posted by: Sectry.1236

Sectry.1236

The idea of legendary armor only viable for raider is total crap.

The game is an open world content mmorpg and war between players. The idea of getting legendary weapon from open world adventure is very great from Anet. This is probably the best idea to get legendary. But come on, do we fan of open world content should do raid just to get the armor?

Legendary backpiece has 2 ways to get it. Fractal is a short time dungeon (mostly acceptable for us open world lover because you can just do it for 30 minutes and you’re finished). If you don’t like fractala, you can do PvP as other option which is also acceptable (30 minutes of fight and done).

But hey, I don’t ever heard a 30 minutes raid. You have to spend hours to finish it. We have game for raid lover, it’s called World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV.

This is guild wars 2. It is a unique mmorpg that give you flexibilities to play what you like and the end game is endless (get rich, WvW, doing fun exploration with guildies while making every second matters).

Yeah I get it some people really love raiding and stuff like that. But have you ever think why in the first place we play GW2?
Just a suggestion, at least give us other choice to get legendary armor via something else. We don’t want to spend so much time just to done 1 raid. (If you gonna argue me on this by saying build a static or crap like that, it isn’t an option for some of us, most of my friends in-game have thing called life.)

Also to all of you who think we should get legendary armor via raid only, you should learn that not everyone have the time to spend 2-3 hours on raid just to get it. We have job, family and stuff to do in real life. Try to be in our shoes once a bit.

This is an honest rant from me and my friends.

Tl;dr : make other option to get it. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, MrJ

I have a job, am on my last year of university which means the most work yet, have a social life, and yet I still manage to find time on the weekends to raid. Am I making fast progress? Obviously not, but I still make progress. If you have the dedication and right attitude, anything is possible. Hell, some of the guildies I raid with are parents with full time jobs.

Posted by: Drewbawb.1902

Drewbawb.1902

If everyone has the best armor, no one does

Warcry.1596

There is a minimum damage requirement on the fights. That’s what I mean. Can 10 people in FULL non damage gear best every boss? I would love to see Gorseval done by 10 people with no one wearing any power of condition damage increasing equipment / food.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

There are 2 legendary backpacks (soon to be a third?). Would like a way to get legendary armor without raiding. (WvW or PvP or Achievements for example).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

There is a minimum damage requirement on the fights. That’s what I mean. Can 10 people in FULL non damage gear best every boss? I would love to see Gorseval done by 10 people with no one wearing any power of condition damage increasing equipment / food.

It can be done.

NSPride <3

Warcry.1596

Show me. I would love to see a video of such a thing.

If it’s possible to do, with 10 people having 1000 Power max, then the raid isn’t difficult.

(edited by Warcry.1596)

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

Show me. I would love to see a video of such a thing.

If it’s possible to do, with 10 people having 1000 Power max, then the raid isn’t difficult.

You see the video of people killing VG with only 3 people? It took hours of preparation, figuring out the best way to burst heal during mechanics and dodge others, including timing invulns with the mesmer WHILE avoiding boss attacks and everything else…it could be done with 10 people in green rated armor, its just not ideal because you’d have to put so much extra work into how to work the mechanics around that. Those 10 people could easily match up to if not exceed the damage potential of just 3 people in ascended armor, one of them being mostly just toughness/boon armor having close to 0 dmg.

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!

Deadlypixel.8734

Why will legendary armor get rewarded to those that are quite possibly newer but have more money to pay for a raid win rather than those that have quite possibly been playing open world longer and either don’t want to raid or pay for a win?

Legendary anything should encompass all areas of the game, not just 1 area.

Same thing can be said about the “old” legendary weapons, you can just buy them straight off the TP if you farm for the gold or just use IRL money to convert Gems and wala, there’s a legendary weapon for you. Legendary Armor, sure people can use gold to “buy” it, but being its 6 pieces that take 25 LI each? Plus other aspects? You realize how much more they would be spending on it anyway being that most people selling 1 wing is about 300g (about 100g per boss give or take pending prices) or so, multiply that by 150 LI (for a full set of 6), and that is going to be 15,000 gold (again give or take, pending on results). If people want to spend that much gold over a course of 4 months or so? (being they can only MAX at 9 per week), well then be my guest. I doubt we will see that many people who “bought” their way through raids so soon. Not to mention the extra cost of gold if any of the mats need to be bought by them/farming the account bound ones.

Also I should mention you still have to complete the achievements too. Obviously the first part is as easy as killing all 9 of the bosses and such. 2nd Part is just some money and moving, but the 2nd half of the 2nd part hasn’t been released yet, what if this ties to a more difficult portion of raids that wouldn’t be easy to just “purchase”, then the people who “buy” raids aren’t able to complete it either. We haven’t seen everything yet, and its still a long way off.

(edited by Deadlypixel.8734)

Warcry.1596

That is not what I was asking. Answer what’s asked, I know Vale is easier than other bosses

That is NOT Gorseval. Gorseval requires a minimum DPS due to updraft usage. Everyone can beat Vale Guardian, but that isn’t the ENTIRE raid. Beat 100% of all threee wings with ZERO DPS gear, otherwise you aren’t answering my question.

Deadlypixel.8734

That is not what I was asking. Answer what’s asked, I know Vale is easier than other bosses

That is NOT Gorseval. Gorseval requires a minimum DPS due to updraft usage. Everyone can beat Vale Guardian, but that isn’t the ENTIRE raid. Beat 100% of all threee wings with ZERO DPS gear, otherwise you aren’t answering my question.

I was simply giving an example of something that has been done in the past. Obviously I’m aware that gorseval is going to have a hard dps check which in theory I would believe impossible with only green gear. However in terms of other bosses? There is still the possibility it could be done. You had simply complained about raiding being an issue due to “your gear determining a pass/fail”, you never mentioned a “specific” fight or the “whole raid” in this post, which is what we are all referring to. You don’t have to do “EVERY” fight to do a raid, sure maybe if you want the legendary armor due to the block of having to kill at least 1 of every boss for the achievement collection, but thats just it. Its LEGENDARY armor, its supposed to show ACHIEVEMENT, not just “oh do this content that’s super easy for anyone so we all have legendary armor”.

Warcry.1596

That’s valid. I guess I didn’t specify. As long as we are on the same page

Deadlypixel.8734

That’s valid. I guess I didn’t specify. As long as we are on the same page

All good. But dont get me wrong I understand where you come from about the whole pass or fail thing. The main problem with that is just how we have all gotten used to one specific raiding style to “max dps” because its the easiest way. Just like how everyone is freaking out about the chrono changes and such which “broke raids”….it didnt break it, we just now have to re-evaluate our raid setups and learn it anew from a different angle, and thats made it difficult.

Considering even a dps check boss like gorse was still able to be done with a 6man no updraft group, just highly experienced. I still dont expect a full 10 greenman squad no lol, but yeah….anyway irrelevant

Warcry.1596

Yeah. I always played power necro in the raid and did just fine. I have more a mindset of “as long as the DPS is enough to kill A boss in time, I don’t care how it’s done”. Which works well enough :p. People play what they want, we beat it, everybody wins.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

because no one would do them otherwise.
i’m still waiting for a reason.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Chances are legendary armor will also given out to “pro” level spvp tournaments like it already is the case with legendary weapons. Though raiding is probably easier then being really good in a “pro” tournament.

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Chances are legendary armor will also given out to “pro” level spvp tournaments like it already is the case with legendary weapons. Though raiding is probably easier then being really good in a “pro” tournament.

There is not a precedent to hint that this might happen.

Yes, legendary weapons are given away at the Tournament of Legends, but you are excluded from certain choices.

The choices that you are excluded from are Eternity and any Legendary introduced in or after HoT. It seems more likely that based on it only being 1st gen legendary weapons, that armor will not be a reward for the tournament. Granted they could add it as a reward from anywhere else, but at this time, I would highly doubt it.

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

Well , u can beat vg 150times and then u can build the armor , i mean srsly everyone can Beat vg,

Note , Trio and escort r pretty easy aswell :p

The Rest u can buy from guilds who sell raids or Do atleast every encounter 1time shouldnt be that hard

Muchacho.2390

There is not a precedent to hint that this might happen.

Yes, legendary weapons are given away at the Tournament of Legends, but you are excluded from certain choices.

The choices that you are excluded from are Eternity and any Legendary introduced in or after HoT. It seems more likely that based on it only being 1st gen legendary weapons, that armor will not be a reward for the tournament. Granted they could add it as a reward from anywhere else, but at this time, I would highly doubt it.

That is true for the next one in november. But for future ones we have no idea. Since i dont think Anet has ever mentoned anything about this, it all depends on what they want to do. So i wouldnt be so fast in saying this wont happen.

Also eternity is a bit special since it is actually 2 legendaries so you can get it though tournaments.

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

Simple answer is if they put it in PvP it’s going to be extremely easy. Kill this many enemy players, play this much of this hero and get this many kills with this profession. Get to this PvP tier. Use the PvP currency to get materials from PvP vendor. Mystic forge. GGWP.

How’s that going to fair to PvE players? It takes 3 months just to get all the time gated items. All PvP players did for legendary backpiece is take advantage of PvP mach making mechanic by abusing it and jumping to higher tiers much faster. Easy legendary back piece.
What did PvE players do for fractal legendary backpiece? 3 Months of pain staking research page farming. If you missed 1 day that’s 30+1 more day to complete your backpiece. All you have to do in PvP is win match and get to higher tier. That’s it. How is that fair?

Devs made a big mistake by making PvP legendary backpiece. Hopefully, this will be the last time. I suppose they had to throw some bones to ’’SLOTH’FUL’’ PvP players whom refuse to play main game content.

(edited by Anka.5086)

BlaqueFyre.5678

Simple answer is if they put it in PvP it’s going to be extremely easy. Kill this many enemy players, play this much of this hero and get this many kills with this profession. Get to this PvP tier. Use the PvP currency to get materials from PvP vendor. Mystic forge. GGWP.

How’s that going to fair to PvE players? It takes 3 months just to get all the time gated items. All PvP players did for legendary backpiece is take advantage of PvP mach making mechanic by abusing it and jumping to higher tiers much faster. Easy legendary back piece.
What did PvE players do for fractal legendary backpiece? 3 Months of pain staking research page farming. If you missed 1 day that’s 30+1 more day to complete your backpiece. All you have to do in PvP is win match and get to higher tier. That’s it. How is that fair?

Devs made a big mistake by making PvP legendary backpiece. Hopefully, this will be the last time. I suppose they had to throw some bones to ’’SLOTH’FUL’’ PvP players whom refuse to play main game content.

Seeing how it was a 3 month minimum time gate for pvp players to get their wings your argument holds no substance. And seeing how it’s intrinsically harder to win against players vs very simple static game mechanics in fractals…..

And let’s not mention the people that couldn’t advance to the needed tiers

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

Anka.5086

Seeing how it was a 3 month minimum time gate for pvp players to get their wings your argument holds no substance.

hahaha! my argument is dismissed because they both take 3month to complete? Most University Bachelor degrees also take 3 years. But as we know some are more difficult to study than others. It’s the same thing with legendary backpiece. It’s way to easy to get PvP legendary backpiece. There isn’t any item requirement to reach higher PvP tier. No agony infusion. You don’t have to spend 70g on agony infusions or 150gold on Ascended armor. All you do is join PvP match and get to higher. You can adjust your stats for free any time. Hmm, very difficult.

And let’s not forget about the fact that most PvP players abused the hell out of PvP match making system when legendary backpiece was first released. Face it, PvP players failed the initial test with legendary backpiece. There’s no way devs will make the same mistake again.

(edited by Anka.5086)

BlaqueFyre.5678

Seeing how it was a 3 month minimum time gate for pvp players to get their wings your argument holds no substance.

hahaha! my argument is dismissed because they both take 3month to complete? Most University Bachelor degrees also take 3 years. But as we know some are more difficult to study than others. It’s the same thing with legendary backpiece. It’s way to easy to get PvP legendary backpiece. There isn’t any item requirement to reach higher PvP tier. No agony infusion. You don’t have to spend 70g on agony infusions or 150gold on Ascended armor. All you do is join PvP match and get to higher. You can adjust your stats for free any time. Hmm, very difficult.

Getting wins against players is harder hanngetting wins against AI, gold needed does not equal difficulty just saying….. weakest argument ever

And it was 3 months minimum if you achieved Legendary the first season and got enough wins to advance, which the majority of people did not do and right now the Ascension is no longer available while you can get Ad infinitum without any restrictions on time or skill level

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Why? Because raids without exclusive rewards to make non-raiders envious would be rejected by enough of the target demographic to sabotage the content’s success; and because ANet couldn’t/didn’t want to create something else sufficiently enticing to fit the bill.

Anka.5086

Getting wins against players is harder hanngetting wins against AI, gold needed does not equal difficulty just saying….. weakest argument ever

And it was 3 months minimum if you achieved Legendary the first season and got enough wins to advance, which the majority of people did not do and right now the Ascension is no longer available while you can get Ad infinitum without any restrictions on time or skill level

2 New player just bought GW2. Player A decided to get PvP legendary backpiece. Player B decided to get PvE Legendary backpiece. Who’s going to get it first?

Now repeat that part about ‘’gold needed does not equal difficulty just saying’’.

BlaqueFyre.5678

2 New player just bought GW2. Player A decided to get PvP legendary backpiece. Player B decided to get PvE Legendary backpiece. Who’s going to get it first?

Now repeat that part about ‘’gold needed does not equal difficulty just saying’’.

Gold needed does not equal difficulty.

Pvp back piece is no longer obtainable, you can still get The Pve backpiece.

Again Gold does not equal difficulty!

And the pvp player has to learn how to play against players to get wins to advance to get the backpiece within a very short time window unlike the Pve player who can incrementally get there’s all day every day

Anka.5086

And the pvp player has to learn how to play against players to get wins to advance to get the backpiece within a very short time window unlike the Pve player who can incrementally get there’s all day every day

‘’All day every day’’
Wow! I can’t believe you dont see the irony in what you just said. You must be irony deficient. Realistically speaking, you can pass the first two divisions in PvP under 1 day because you can play ‘all day every day’. I know this because I’ve done it. And I’m less than average skilled PvP player. If I can perform this veteran PvP players can do this at 10x the speed.

Learn how to play against players? All you have to do is cap points and win match. Is that what you’re talking about? Even ANET’s recently announced that there are surprisingly low skilled players in legendary division and that’s why they decided to limit match making to solo and duo only. Get your head out of the sand.

I can’t believe you’re insinuating that PvE is a walk in the park. Haha. Cute PvP player. However, I will say this; PvE skill curve inclination is high at first and then once it reaches certain point it remains at that level until new PvE challenges are introduced and then it requires you to improve your skills again. Whereas, PvP skill curve is low at first and then continuously goes up because remaining at that skill level requires players to vigorously improve their own gameplay and team cooperation. Just to clear things up, I wasn’t suggesting that overall PvP game is easy. The point I was trying to make is acquiring legendary items in PvP gameplay will be very linear. Kill this, kill that, play this play that, reach this tier. PvE legendary backpiece forces you to go on an adventure all across tyria and pull resources from as much diverse events as possible. But in PvP this will never be possible. Legendary backpiece is a good example.

Don’t get me wrong, I actually enjoy doing all those PvE achievements to get my legendary items. It makes this game come alive and makes it feel everything in the game matters. But the point is PvE players have so much barriers to overcome. Whereas, the same thing can’t be said about PvP players. Case in point PvP legendary backpiece, you can start working towards it on day1 of buying your account. Gold is not the point here. It’s the barriers that PvE players needs to overcome just to get to start line. If PvP players get the same amount of barriers than it will be fair playing field. And I wouldn’t really mind. But I don’t think that’s possible in PvP because it’s a linear game mode and there isn’t much there for devs to design something that is as diverse PvE legendary missions. We can see that in PvP legendary backpiece missions. It’s nowhere near as diverse as PvE backpiece.

(edited by Anka.5086)

BlaqueFyre.5678

‘’All day every day’’
Wow! I can’t believe you dont see the irony in what you just said. You must be irony deficient. Realistically speaking, you can pass the first two divisions in PvP under 1 day because you can play ‘all day every day’. I know this because I’ve done it. And I’m less than average skilled PvP player. If I can perform this veteran PvP players can do this at 10x the speed.

Learn how to play against players? All you have to do is cap points and win match. Is that what you’re talking about? Even ANET’s recently announced that there are surprisingly low skilled players in legendary division and that’s why they decided to limit match making to solo and duo only. Get your head out of the sand.

I can’t believe you’re insinuating that PvE is a walk in the park. Haha. Cute PvP player. However, I will say this; PvE skill curve inclination is high at first and then once it reaches certain point it remains at that level until new PvE challenges are introduced and then it requires you to improve your skills again. Whereas, PvP skill curve is low at first and then continuously goes up because remaining at that skill level requires players to vigorously improve their own gameplay and team cooperation. Just to clear things up, I wasn’t suggesting that overall PvP game is easy. The point I was trying to make is acquiring legendary items in PvP gameplay will be very linear. Kill this, kill that, play this play that, reach this tier. PvE legendary backpiece forces you to go on an adventure all across tyria and pull resources from as much diverse events as possible. But in PvP this will never be possible. Legendary backpiece is a good example.

Don’t get me wrong, I actually enjoy doing all those PvE achievements to get my legendary items. It makes this game come alive and makes it feel everything in the game matters. But the point is PvE players have so much barriers to overcome. Whereas, the same thing can’t be said about PvP players. Case in point PvP legendary backpiece, you can start working towards it on day1 of buying your account. Gold is not the point here. It’s the barriers that PvE players needs to overcome just to get to start line. If PvP players get the same amount of barriers than it will be fair playing field. And I wouldn’t really mind. But I don’t think that’s possible in PvP because it’s a linear game mode and there isn’t much there for devs to design something that is as diverse PvE legendary missions. We can see that in PvP legendary backpiece missions. It’s nowhere near as diverse as PvE backpiece.

Again those barriers Pve players aren’t difficult, you can boost a character from day 1 to 80 and fame fractals and gold to start on the path to achieving the Ad Infinitum, it is not like you have to level up a character from scratch now, both are very linear, the Pve players can keep working towards the Ad Infinitum, pvp players can’t even attempt the legendary backpiece currently and faces players will always take more skill than AI mechanics in fractals.

Muchacho.2390

@Anka i think it is more realitically that it will tournements that will get you the legendary armor (if it will come to pvp). I dont think it will be like the backpiece.

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Backpacks – Fractals/PvP
Armor – Raids

Actually the weapons exception of TOL is incorrect.

Many people have ran tournament with the prize being a legendary weapon. 3 vs 3 and 2 vs 2 tournaments as well. Heck the last 1 vs 1 tournament gave away a precursor and 800 gems.

Also saying fractals is basically saying PvE, lets not pretend that you never have to leave LA to do it and simply put. You can get from 1-100 in a couple days. Then the PvP back pack was given to anyone who simply PvP. You didnt have to make legendary, you only had to make ruby 4 seasons or in my case Legendary 2 season 1 and Legendary S2 and before the season 2 was over i had a back pc. The most average of players could get the PvP back pc.

The raid armor is simply Anet locking something behind something else so the content they put out makes it so people have to get involved with part of the game they are working on.

If people are not raiding because they cant find there static groups then why would they put themselves threw hours of pugging? Oh wait lets hide Legendary armor behind it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I tried PvPing to do get the legendary back piece. I don’t enjoy PvPing and that almost ruined the game for me, until I decided to stop.

Sure I could raid, but it would destroy the game for me. Completely and utterly destroy it. Therefore I won’t have legendary armor.

Since I want legendary armor, my choice is to destroy the game for myself, or to not get it.

Since I’m not sure either choice is exceptable to me, and I see more and more rewards I have to not enjoy the game to get, I start wondering if the future of this game is for me.

I won’t make a big deal if and when I leave this game, I’m just going to leave.

Legendary armor locked behind content I never have intention to do doesn’t encourage me to keep playing.

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

I tried PvPing to do get the legendary back piece. I don’t enjoy PvPing and that almost ruined the game for me, until I decided to stop.

Sure I could raid, but it would destroy the game for me. Completely and utterly destroy it. Therefore I won’t have legendary armor.

Since I want legendary armor, my choice is to destroy the game for myself, or to not get it.

Since I’m not sure either choice is exceptable to me, and I see more and more rewards I have to not enjoy the game to get, I start wondering if the future of this game is for me.

I won’t make a big deal if and when I leave this game, I’m just going to leave.

Legendary armor locked behind content I never have intention to do doesn’t encourage me to keep playing.

i dont understand this mindset. No one has to have all in game. if you trully are ready to quit because you want legendary armor but don’t want to raid, maybe indeed this game is not for you anymore. Or you should join a training guild and kill one or 2 boss a week… or maybe just buy boss kill.
Legendary armor is both a reward for mastering challenging content and a carrot to bring people into raid (even if i know a lot of people who would still raid without legendary armor).

The solution is probably to wait until another set of legendary armor is released for open world pve-ers.