Why does Lege armor have to be tied to Raids?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It’s ridiculous rly, had they not called this armor “legendary” but just raid armor instead, no one would be threatening to quit and in general there would be so much less whining about it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I tried PvPing to do get the legendary back piece. I don’t enjoy PvPing and that almost ruined the game for me, until I decided to stop.

Sure I could raid, but it would destroy the game for me. Completely and utterly destroy it. Therefore I won’t have legendary armor.

Since I want legendary armor, my choice is to destroy the game for myself, or to not get it.

Since I’m not sure either choice is exceptable to me, and I see more and more rewards I have to not enjoy the game to get, I start wondering if the future of this game is for me.

I won’t make a big deal if and when I leave this game, I’m just going to leave.

Legendary armor locked behind content I never have intention to do doesn’t encourage me to keep playing.

i dont understand this mindset. No one has to have all in game. if you trully are ready to quit because you want legendary armor but don’t want to raid, maybe indeed this game is not for you anymore. Or you should join a training guild and kill one or 2 boss a week… or maybe just buy boss kill.
Legendary armor is both a reward for mastering challenging content and a carrot to bring people into raid (even if i know a lot of people who would still raid without legendary armor).

The solution is probably to wait until another set of legendary armor is released for open world pve-ers.

Nope, I don’t agree. This isn’t like a stat set that I want or don’t want. This armor is animated. Since some of us play for toys, that’s one toy I won’t have. And it’s not just the one time. There are several skins I’ll never have, because I won’t play those game types.

Now all things being equal, if there were other animated armors in the game, you might be right. But seeing something pretty cool that I won’t be getting, will put me off from the game, Not just me, but a lot of other people who play for shinies. They’re not going to suddenly start raiding. And if they do, there’s a good chance most of them will not particularly enjoy it. We play a different game.

So some people will try to raid and that could potentially ruin the game for them and some won’t and they’ll look around at something they want that they can’t have, something that is cool in a way that no other armor is, and they will feel disenfranchised.

The funny thing about feelings is they can’t be logically dissected because they’re feelings. I’ve said this before more than once.

As more and more rewards specific to game types come out, more and more people who don’t enjoy those game types will FEEL disenfranchised.

You’re right. When that happens this game may no longer be for me and people like me.

Vayne.8563

It’s ridiculous rly, had they not called this armor “legendary” but just raid armor instead, no one would be threatening to quit and in general there would be so much less whining about it.

I believe you’re incorrect. The graphic quality makes a serious step up whether you raid or you don’t raid. If it were more like a stat set like agony resistance, no one would care. But if you put something visually different from anything else in the game with no chance of anyone else getting something like that, in a game centered around image (they don’t call it Fashion Wars 2 for nothing) people would still complain, loudly and for a long time.

cranos.5913

I believe you’re incorrect. The graphic quality makes a serious step up whether you raid or you don’t raid. If it were more like a stat set like agony resistance, no one would care. But if you put something visually different from anything else in the game with no chance of anyone else getting something like that, in a game centered around image (they don’t call it Fashion Wars 2 for nothing) people would still complain, loudly and for a long time.

Not like this, ppl complained when they first heard about it long before actually seeing a skin for it. Funny thing is, what you describe about legendary armor is how I feel about the new weapons. I made nevermore and it nearly made me uninstall. It’s not just the poor PvErs that deal with stuff like this. Everyone will have rewards they will either never get, or force themselves through it to get it.

That being said I really can’t relate to you about the armor. My norn will keep her skimpy armor and will not star in the next Transformers movie.

Vayne.8563

Not like this, ppl complained when they first heard about it long before actually seeing a skin for it. Funny thing is, what you describe about legendary armor is how I feel about the new weapons. I made nevermore and it nearly made me uninstall. It’s not just the poor PvErs that deal with stuff like this. Everyone will have rewards they will either never get, or force themselves through it to get it.

That being said I really can’t relate to you about the armor. My norn will keep her skimpy armor and will not star in the next Transformers movie.

Yep, I was one of those people who complained. Sometimes you can see writing on the wall.

When I started this game, there was very very very little I didn’t feel I could get. Everything was in reach. It made it, for me, a good game. The stuff I liked doing gave me the stuff I wanted.

The problem when you change the direction of a game, and this has always been a problem, is you leave some people behind.

Now, in my opinion a majority of the playerbase are PvE’ers, and of those, most of them are relatively casual, and focus on the open world more than anything else. Dynamic events, meta events.

Some do fractals, and probably less do raids. In addition some do WvW and some do PvP.

Where the bulk of the population is, that’s where it’s dangerous to change your focus, particularly where cool rewards are concerned. No company should want to disenfranchise the bulk of their player base. Now I believe the kind of content I enjoy is probably represented by the bulk of the player base.

And yes, I do Tier 4 fractals, and I’ve done every dungeon and I do some WvW, but by and large, I’m not looking for the most challenging content most of the time.

Anet had to go back and redo parts of HoT because too many people wouldn’t go there on a bet. The redo helped. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t eventually have to do something to placate the masses about legendary armor as well.

cranos.5913

Anet had to go back and redo parts of HoT because too many people wouldn’t go there on a bet. The redo helped. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t eventually have to do something to placate the masses about legendary armor as well.

IDK, we’ll see. Wouldn’t upset me at all. Heavy looks like a transformer, medium is confirmed trenchcoat and light probably the buttcape so I’m not interested at all.

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I tried PvPing to do get the legendary back piece. I don’t enjoy PvPing and that almost ruined the game for me, until I decided to stop.

Sure I could raid, but it would destroy the game for me. Completely and utterly destroy it. Therefore I won’t have legendary armor.

Since I want legendary armor, my choice is to destroy the game for myself, or to not get it.

Since I’m not sure either choice is exceptable to me, and I see more and more rewards I have to not enjoy the game to get, I start wondering if the future of this game is for me.

I won’t make a big deal if and when I leave this game, I’m just going to leave.

Legendary armor locked behind content I never have intention to do doesn’t encourage me to keep playing.

i dont understand this mindset. No one has to have all in game. if you trully are ready to quit because you want legendary armor but don’t want to raid, maybe indeed this game is not for you anymore. Or you should join a training guild and kill one or 2 boss a week… or maybe just buy boss kill.
Legendary armor is both a reward for mastering challenging content and a carrot to bring people into raid (even if i know a lot of people who would still raid without legendary armor).

The solution is probably to wait until another set of legendary armor is released for open world pve-ers.

See i have a problem with your mind set.

In PvP we had levels that required 100,000 of exp points which was called something else back then but wont get into it now. But that was in the 50’s and in the 60’s it required even more.

Anet nerfed it for the casual player who would never get to level 60-70-80. Yet many of us were at 50+, 60+ 70+ and some were almost level 80. Yet Anet made it easier for casual players.

Here you have a player who doesnt want to raid, he didnt want to PvP. Ok fine he/she can still get the fractal legendary back pc. Anet accommodated the non- PvP player.

Right now raids is the expected way to get legendary armor. This is a huge part of the game, getting gear you can change the stats on with legendary weapons you can change your stats on. This is the dream of playing anything you want when you want.

Yet you will hide it from many players who dont want to find 10 man raid teams?

I got to legendary PvP back pc by myself. No team needed, I got my legendary weapons by myself no team needed but armor is hid behind raids and you dont understand the mind set?

Anet has made this game more and more for the casuals which is why the changes to PvP and WvW have been made. They are less enjoyable for those groups of people as well.

Yet of course PvE players say we need to keep it to raids when WvW players are still wondering when they get any type of reward.

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

Raids are the most challenging content in this game, PvE-wise. They need a unique reward that is worth that effort.

Not all players will be able to get these items, but is that a bad thing? It’s legendary armor, it needs to be special. If you make it easy to get, everyone runs around with it and it doesn’t have any value.

I don’t WvW at all. If Anet launches a new Legendary backpack that i think looks awesome but it requires rank 2000 in WvW. I’ll either not get it or work my kitten off getting it. Not everything needs to be available to everyone. I’ve waited soooo long for some content that actually has prestige.

I want the same feeling as when I made my first legendary, back when it was still a big deal. Now everyone has 2-3 of em and I hate that. Legendary gear needs to mean something.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Just my 2 cents:

I agree that Legendary Armor should not be tied to raids, my only perspective about it is this: I still can’t join a raid group because people don’t accept “n00bz” or first timers.

Therefor that means I have to rely on the kindness of the internet to help me get my legendary. What an Oxymoron.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The difference being that this armor will have built in stat swaps and will presumably have some answer to runes down the line.

Not that I disagree with raids having this, but the difference isn’t simply a title.

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

The idea of legendary armor only viable for raider is total crap.

The game is an open world content mmorpg and war between players. The idea of getting legendary weapon from open world adventure is very great from Anet. This is probably the best idea to get legendary. But come on, do we fan of open world content should do raid just to get the armor?

Legendary backpiece has 2 ways to get it. Fractal is a short time dungeon (mostly acceptable for us open world lover because you can just do it for 30 minutes and you’re finished). If you don’t like fractala, you can do PvP as other option which is also acceptable (30 minutes of fight and done).

But hey, I don’t ever heard a 30 minutes raid. You have to spend hours to finish it. We have game for raid lover, it’s called World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV.

This is guild wars 2. It is a unique mmorpg that give you flexibilities to play what you like and the end game is endless (get rich, WvW, doing fun exploration with guildies while making every second matters).

Yeah I get it some people really love raiding and stuff like that. But have you ever think why in the first place we play GW2?
Just a suggestion, at least give us other choice to get legendary armor via something else. We don’t want to spend so much time just to done 1 raid. (If you gonna argue me on this by saying build a static or crap like that, it isn’t an option for some of us, most of my friends in-game have thing called life.)

Also to all of you who think we should get legendary armor via raid only, you should learn that not everyone have the time to spend 2-3 hours on raid just to get it. We have job, family and stuff to do in real life. Try to be in our shoes once a bit.

This is an honest rant from me and my friends.

Tl;dr : make other option to get it. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, MrJ

Maybe you should try to be in our shoes for once. I’m someone who does have time on his hands, who does put in the effort of being online a lot, making an effort to get those raids done each week. 99% of this game is open to casual players, 1 tiny bit of content isn’t available to the casuals (although raids aren’t that hard at all). Why can’t we have a reward that we can show off? Why can’t we have a mark of that commitment. Something for all that hard word we did put in.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Epic rewards should be gated behind epic content and similarly epic content should unlock epic rewards. On that basis, I think it’s reasonable to link raids and legendary armor.

However, I don’t agree with ANet’s choice to do so: they took one of the most requested rewards in the game and deliberately hid it behind content that already inspires controversy, because it already gates content & rewards behind a particular style of play.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Epic rewards should be gated behind epic content and similarly epic content should unlock epic rewards. On that basis, I think it’s reasonable to link raids and legendary armor.

However, I don’t agree with ANet’s choice to do so: they took one of the most requested rewards in the game and deliberately hid it behind content that already inspires controversy, because it already gates content & rewards behind a particular style of play.

They have done that since release…… the problem is now they didn’t gate the Rewards behind massive amounts of open world Pve

Vayne.8563

They have done that since release…… the problem is now they didn’t gate the Rewards behind massive amounts of open world Pve

Open world PvE can be done by anybody. And people who came to this game that aren’t awesome gamers, or don’t have a lot of time, were able to get, pretty much, all the rewards. Maybe they miss a skin here or a minipet there, but not something on the level like legendary armor, which has no corresponding match in the game. There’s nothing else like it.

And this isn’t really a big deal to me. I used to think this game was tailored to me, and now I don’t. It’s not a big deal. I’m happy to go find other games to play. It doesn’t particularly bother me to move on from a game that changes. All games change over time. I’m just one guy.

The issue is the expectations were set by Anet for three years and the experience has now changed. Ask any writer, and they’ll all tell you the same thing. Change your genre, or tone or the type of story you’re writing late in the peace holds the greatest risk of losing the largest part of your readership. That’s just how it is.

I used to think that Anet felt the same way about the genre that I do. I no longer think that’s the case. Is that because I’ve been wrong all along? Maybe. Is it because the direction of the game changed? Maybe. Is it because of different devs coming in as the original devs are getting hired away by Amazon? Maybe.

The point is at one point the devs and this game were talking to me, and now they’re not, whether they say anything or not.

I’m not complaining or yelling or screaming. I’m calming stating that I’m just beginning to feel disenfranchised and I’m not going to be the only one who feels this way. How much it’ll affect the game will be determined by how many people feel like I do and the depths of those feelings.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The issue is the expectations were set by Anet for three years

The expectations were set by Anet for a very few months…and then the company went back on some pretty significant stated design decisions with the addition of ascended gear. At that point all bets were off and it was just a matter of time before this, more recent, “addition,” to the game came to pass. The writing has been on the wall since, almost, launch. All of the GW sacred cows are lined up for the slaughterhouse and have been from, nearly, the beginning.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

You know that a game goes on a very, very narrow path if guys like Vayne, a rather notorious supporter comes around and joins the people who think that a majority of features accumulated over time left a bad taste in their mouth.

What some people Astralporing, Ohoni, myself and some other guys I can´t remember right now have tried to tell the rest of you from the day of the announcement on that raids were confirmed and would have legendary armor exclusive to them is elitist and exclusive if you are not willing or able to dedicate yourself to raiding has now finally dribbled through to the people who it may actually concern as it went online now.

The reasoning stayed always the same however:
1. We are raiders, we deserve the best reward. I knew that this would come to haunt us from the get go, despite supporters of raids vehemently disputing it as they were looking for the challenge only. Look back a year in the forum and you will see where I am coming from.
2. 99% is casual, 1% is not. Give it to us. Ok.
3. Legendary armor is not a carrot for a game mode that can not stand on his own feet because of it´s difficulty. Even supporters are beginning to realize this now with multiple threads showing up from people that can not come into raids and others who always tell them how to comer into raids with the same idea. Most often this is very tiresome to read, but sometimes I do it just for the heck of it or because it sometimes turns outright ironically funny.
4. Every MMO has raids. I always enjoyed this the most because every MMO has also level progression and raises the level cap, why not also have this here? The outrage against this idea is always hillarious.

(edited by Torolan.5816)

kdaddy.5431

Raids are the most challenging content in this game, PvE-wise. They need a unique reward that is worth that effort.

Not all players will be able to get these items, but is that a bad thing? It’s legendary armor, it needs to be special. If you make it easy to get, everyone runs around with it and it doesn’t have any value.

I don’t WvW at all. If Anet launches a new Legendary backpack that i think looks awesome but it requires rank 2000 in WvW. I’ll either not get it or work my kitten off getting it. Not everything needs to be available to everyone. I’ve waited soooo long for some content that actually has prestige.

I want the same feeling as when I made my first legendary, back when it was still a big deal. Now everyone has 2-3 of em and I hate that. Legendary gear needs to mean something.

LOL you do realize what you said, just to cap it off “legendary gear needs to mean something.”

You do realize why the PvP community is mad right? That 1/2 the people who got to legendary were not legendary players. That any scrub who simply grinded games got the legendary back pc. Anet also took away Leader boards and made getting finishers easy for the casual PvE player.

The people who have WvW have really gotten nothing so the fact that you say ohhh if they did a WvW thing i wouldnt get it or i try really hard. Well guess what the people who WvW have gotten 0 from Anet, so we can squash that right now.

Im sorry, im taking this from the perspective of myself who has almost 9k matches played in PvP and was in the old Solo Que leader Board and Team Que leader board. Ive seen some of the people with legendary back packs and the idea that they got it threw PvP hurts my head because they might as well handed to everyone.

Then you and others who raid alot say We should have this, this should be ours. When a majority of people have looked at Anet funny eyed for making the game easier for casual PvE players in WvW and PvP.

My question really is why now? ( I assume its for money, they made a expansion based around raids and this is 1 way of forcing people to play it)

Raids already gives out great loot, trophy/decorations for the guild halls, AP, and high end quality team content. I can tell you right now, WvW and PvP didnt get either of these and you want to compare getting 2k levels in WvW to raiding.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

You know that a game goes on a very, very narrow path if guys like Vayne, a rather notorious supporter comes around and joins the people who think that a majority of features accumulated over time left a bad taste in their mouth.

What some people Astralporing, Ohoni, myself and some other guys I can´t remember right now have tried to tell the rest of you from the day of the announcement on that raids were confirmed and would have legendary armor exclusive to them is elitist and exclusive if you are not willing or able to dedicate yourself to raiding has now finally dribbled through to the people who it may actually concern as it went online now.

1. We are raiders, we deserve the best reward. I knew that this would come to haunt us from the get go, despite supporters of raids vehemently disputing it as they were looking for the challenge only. Look back a year in the forum and you will see where I am coming from.
3. Legendary armor is not a carrot for a game mode that can not stand on his own feet because of it´s difficulty. Even supporters are beginning to realize this now with multiple threads showing up from people that can not come into raids and others who always tell them how to comer into raids with the same idea. Most often this is very tiresome to read, but sometimes I do it just for the heck of it or because it sometimes turns outright ironically funny.
4. Every MMO has raids. I always enjoyed this the most because every MMO has also level progression and raises the level cap, why not also have this here? The outrage against this idea is always hillarious.

That is the thing though? How can you claim that legendary armor is the best reward? Because you have an animation that put you on and off of combat? Because you can stat swap on a game barely requires you to stat swap (except in raids, oh the irony!!) ? You don’t even need to get the skin because you get whatever skin that feels the best for you. All I see here is complaining about the fact that one particular skin is for once not available to everyone and giving the franchises’ history, that is pretty common: in the original guild wars I didn’t go to fow therefore I never got to craft the fow armor armor nor did I finish the elite zones of DoA to get the skins associated to the content. The real peoblem is this: they don’t implement much armor to the game and so when there is one implemented people go riot because they can’t/don’t want to do raids. Instead we should rather be suggesting to implement more in skins in LW updates, which they have been doing so far.

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

This again? First it was not getting spirit shards when you didn’t have max masteries cause it required one raid completion and now you want to have legendary armor which is unique for raiding handed over to you?

They said that legendary armor was going to be tied to raiding over a year ago. Why hasn’t anyone complained about it till they recently showed a preview of the armor?
I’ll tell you why. Cause you guys just want it to show off. It’s as simple as that. You just want it to show off and nothing else. Which means, it’s optional and you don’t really need it. You guys will survive.

If you really want it, then there’s several ways for you to acquire it.
1. Start raiding
2. Pay for full runs till you get the insights required (really expensive)
3. Pay for a full run and then do an easy raid each week like Escort (Will take around 2 years or less depending on what you decide to do)

Not to mention that other than the legendary insights and achievement requirement. The raiders will have to do nonsense PvE to gather materials, gold and other crap. Maybe the raiders should create a thread about having to do nonsense PvE on top of raiding to get their armors.

(edited by Blackwyn.8127)

Torolan.5816

There are people suportive or raids even in this thread saying that they should get an exclusive reward, maybe i could have indeed replaced best with exclusive. It was not my idea, but I knew already back then that it would return with a vengeance one day. and this is not only about legendary armor, there are more than enough people asking for extraordinary rewards for raids like gold.

Dispute the usefulness of legendary armor all day if you want. For you it is a skin as you can´t change runes too, for me it is an armor that has a convenience feature my ascended armor has not.
It is more of an item for casual gamers anyway until there is also a rune change, so the reason that it should exclusively stay in raids where meta and specialization is king is what again?

If it was an actual skin, you would have my support in making it exclusive to raids. But hiding a whole option of armor behind one exclusive content is just wrong. It was wrong with the ascended backpiece in fractals then, and it is wrong in raids now.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Because all the modes have exclusive ways of obtaining legendaries ?

Weapons – PvE/WvW with the exception being TOL
Backpacks – Fractals/PvP
Armor – Raids

Each mode showcases a specific amount of dedication to that mode and is the endgame reward for it.

So, get out there and raid.

Actually the weapons exception of TOL is incorrect.

Many people have ran tournament with the prize being a legendary weapon. 3 vs 3 and 2 vs 2 tournaments as well. Heck the last 1 vs 1 tournament gave away a precursor and 800 gems.

Also saying fractals is basically saying PvE, lets not pretend that you never have to leave LA to do it and simply put. You can get from 1-100 in a couple days. Then the PvP back pack was given to anyone who simply PvP. You didnt have to make legendary, you only had to make ruby 4 seasons or in my case Legendary 2 season 1 and Legendary S2 and before the season 2 was over i had a back pc. The most average of players could get the PvP back pc.

The raid armor is simply Anet locking something behind something else so the content they put out makes it so people have to get involved with part of the game they are working on.

If people are not raiding because they cant find there static groups then why would they put themselves threw hours of pugging? Oh wait lets hide Legendary armor behind it.

Show me an officially sponsored tournament other than ToL to directly give away legendary weapons as a prize and i’ll edit my statement until then…..It’s the only exception.

Oh and as for the rest of your rant….

You really want to split hairs ? Legendary armor also requires PvE. The same semantic argument you used against the Legendary Back-piece being exclusive to Fractals just caused your own position to backfire. Congrats!

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Vayne.8563

The expectations were set by Anet for a very few months…and then the company went back on some pretty significant stated design decisions with the addition of ascended gear. At that point all bets were off and it was just a matter of time before this, more recent, “addition,” to the game came to pass. The writing has been on the wall since, almost, launch. All of the GW sacred cows are lined up for the slaughterhouse and have been from, nearly, the beginning.

Up until now to this day, Guild Wars 2 has changed very little in the way I play it. I still do what I want when I want. Before I could chip away at almost anything a bit at a time and get it done, with the exception of some temporary stuff.

With raids being required for legendary armor, and the new legendary stuff in PvP that’s largely changed. I can’t really chip away at stuff anymore, and that’s a problem for me.

I had very little problem with ascended gear, because I was almost to chip away at it. Same with legendary weapons. Now, not so much.

Vayne.8563

This misrepresents what I’ve said. I’ve been against raids, quite vocally, since before they were released. I’ve been against them before they were announced, and I’ve said so.

I don’t think most of the features, however, are an issue. There are issues certainly but not nearly most of them. Legendary armor isn’t even in the game. Right now there are precious few rewards I can’t get.

But I can see that some of what I had once believed to be the direction of the game is no longer the direction. And that happens in every MMO I’ve played for any length of time. These games always reinvent themselves. You stay as long as the reinvention works for you.

For me, HoT worked…except for the raids.

Torolan.5816

I can remember how you defended HoT over and over again, and that always includes raids for me. Maybe not for you, fair enough. I meant to say that you are a long time supporter of the game, not exclusively raids.

But please tell me the difference between me saying that features slowly causes you to drift away from defending Anets decisions and your statement of a changing direction that does not appeal to you? Isn´t that basically saying the same?

Vayne.8563

I can remember how you defended HoT over and over again, and that always includes raids for me. Maybe not for you, fair enough. I meant to say that you are a long time supporter of the game, not exclusively raids.

But please tell me the difference between me saying that features slowly causes you to drift away from defending Anets decisions and your statement of a changing direction that does not appeal to you? Isn´t that basically saying the same?

I’m saying that HoT has largely been an enjoyable experience for me, with the exception of raids themselves. That I love the new zones, not like love, yes, including TD, and spend a disproportionate amount of my time in the new zones…at least when there’s not a festival going on, or some new current event.

I’m saying that HoT renewed my interest in the game, by making the game more interesting for me.

I’m also saying that I’ve been against raids since before they launched and you can go back and look at my post history if you have long enough trawl through it to support that. And my biggest objection to raids was the creation of kitten and them playerbase that didn’t really exist prior to raids.

Raids divide the playerbase. They were always going to.

People said they wanted more challenging instanced content. I said, all along, that I don’t really mind that as long as rewards aren’t locked behind that content that can’t be attained in other ways. That’s been my argument since before the HoT release.

Now stuff like the legendary backpack and the legendary armor, they were off my radar, because frankly, I can get a lengedary backpack in Fractals, and legendary armor isn’t in the game.

Had it looked like a good skin with nothing “special” about it other than looking like a good skin, I might have just shrugged my shoulders. But armor that animates when you enter battle, that transforms, that’s new and cool enough for me to go after.

Until I saw the legendary armor, all I could do was be against it in theory. Doesn’t change the way I feel about the rest of HoT.

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

This is a good time to bring up this VOD: Success and Failure in raids (before SV release).

An article like this and many others were to be expected after ANet revealed the features of Legendary Armor. People had an entire year to prepare for it and somehow there are still individuals who expect ANet to change their way of delivering Leg Armor… a year has passed and it hasn’t changed. More than that the expected ‘easy mode’ has not appeared, we got the exact recipes for legendary armor etc. ANet had plenty of time to change their philosophy and they didn’t maybe it means something?

Guild Wars 2 is not a casual game.
Though the leveling process in GW2 and the overall difficulty of the game is low it doesn’t mean that there should not be a part of the game that requires more effort to overcome it.

A good raid team won’t serve you a boss kill on a plate.
A lot of people believes that raids are not difficult, you just need a good team. Not true. Raids are difficult. Yeasterday I was on a training run with my guild. We had 7 expereinced players including me and 3 newbies. Even though we explained all the mechanics, covered all the canons, heavy bombs, provided vocal informations where to go etc. People still didn’t know what to do with the green bombs, they tried to dodge through the flamewall on Sabetha or they didn’t avoid it at all. After two hours of training we barely passed 75%.

Meta builds exist to help casuals.
Meta exist on the sole purpose to provide optimal builds, team comps and strategies not for the experienced 10-man groups, but for the casuals. As Derior said (not an exact quote): “In GW2 you can play however you want, but it doesn’t mean that you can complete everything however you want.”

Legendary Armor is a convenience item.
Someone here said that legendary armor has features which ascended armor doesn’t have – stat swapping and for that reason it is more useful for casual players than for actual raiders. Stat swapping via mystic forge (~20g) is much cheaper than crafting the legendary armor (~3000g). The second thing is what is a casual player going to do with the legendary armor? Is this player going to use it to farm Silverwastes or to AFK in LA showing that he wears some extraordinary gear? Or is he going to spend time in the testing area together with his team swapping stats and comparing the results to share them with the community? Which would later help casual players, because they didn’t need to experiment on their own and waste gold. BTW raid guilds have been doing that since the introduction of raids and with legendary armor it will become even easier. Sure, legendary armor is a convenience item, but it doesn’t mean that players so dedicated a year to obtain it deserve it less than players who have done nothing. Legendary items are useful for every player and those items are locked behind certain game areas to incentivise players into playing different game modes.

One more thing I’ve noticed.
I am fully aware that GW2Efficiency does not reflect the exact state of GW2 population. But it reflects a fair porion of the community – about 100k accounts. So we can easily check what portion of players has been preparing for legendary armor!? And I am not talking here about raid content. Legendary Armor requires a lot more than raiding. It requires Provisioner Tokens. https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.provisionerTokens

Barely 0,5 players have enough tokens to build a legendary armor… 0,5%! though obtaining this currency takes a few minutes of crafting and waypointing. There are more people having 1LI than people having 1 Provisioner Token.

I have no words. Is the effort to exchange 1 rare item for a token is really too much? Is this too ‘elitist’? Or is it too grindy, 5 minutes a day? Other excuses? Or is GW2 community simply getting lazy and expects devs to cater the community.

(edited by Assic.2746)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

It’s also an incentive for players to do the raid. It makes it something special and people know you did the raid, separating them from those who don’t do it. And that’s just a fracture. Expect a lot less legendary armor wearers than weapon or backpack wearers.

Or an incentive to simply leave the game when the main reason to play GW2 was that
you hated raids and GW2 was a game without raids and nothing was gated by them.

But glad to see that they managed to bring out a preview from 1 of 3 armor sets
only 1 year after release of HoT ..

Really sad to see that a once skin based game now hasn’t released any good armor sets
since over 2 years.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

• I am not suggesting this as a particularly great option, but you could continue to play what you want, when you want, and use the gold gained to acquire legendary armor by paying for runs. This would allow for chipping away at your own pace.*

Up until now to this day, Guild Wars 2 has changed very little in the way I play it. I still do what I want when I want. Before I could chip away at almost anything a bit at a time and get it done, with the exception of some temporary stuff.

With raids being required for legendary armor, and the new legendary stuff in PvP that’s largely changed. I can’t really chip away at stuff anymore, and that’s a problem for me.

I had very little problem with ascended gear, because I was almost to chip away at it. Same with legendary weapons. Now, not so much.

Vayne.8563

• I am not suggesting this as a particularly great option, but you could continue to play what you want, when you want, and use the gold gained to acquire legendary armor by paying for runs. This would allow for chipping away at your own pace.*

If it was a legit option, I’d consider it. IE one where I don’t risk money on a guild I don’t know and have no recourse if I don’t get what I paid for. That irks me.

kdaddy.5431

Backpacks – Fractals/PvP
Armor – Raids

Each mode showcases a specific amount of dedication to that mode and is the endgame reward for it.

Many people have ran tournament with the prize being a legendary weapon. 3 vs 3 and 2 vs 2 tournaments as well. Heck the last 1 vs 1 tournament gave away a precursor and 800 gems.

Also saying fractals is basically saying PvE, lets not pretend that you never have to leave LA to do it and simply put. You can get from 1-100 in a couple days. Then the PvP back pack was given to anyone who simply PvP. You didnt have to make legendary, you only had to make ruby 4 seasons or in my case Legendary 2 season 1 and Legendary S2 and before the season 2 was over i had a back pc. The most average of players could get the PvP back pc.

The raid armor is simply Anet locking something behind something else so the content they put out makes it so people have to get involved with part of the game they are working on.

If people are not raiding because they cant find there static groups then why would they put themselves threw hours of pugging? Oh wait lets hide Legendary armor behind it.

Show me an officially sponsored tournament other than ToL to directly give away legendary weapons as a prize and i’ll edit my statement until then…..It’s the only exception.

You really want to split hairs ? Legendary armor also requires PvE. The same semantic argument you used against the Legendary Back-piece being exclusive to Fractals just caused your own position to backfire. Congrats!

Actually your comment makes no sense, i have friends who made the legendary Back pc who only PvP.

They did not get the PvE/ fractal back pc because they dont PvE and obviously legendary armor requires PvE since raids is PvE but please let me draw that in crayon for you.

Some threads for you- wont actually bring them in since that takes more work.

Tournament in November By Kit The Traveler
Never Lucky 2v2 Weeklies returning
(EU) Academy Gaming 2v2 Tournament
3v3 Courtyard Tournament

All these tournaments give players 2000k gems which can easily be changed into a precursor. As well as the many give aways that AG do with there actual tournaments.

But these probably are not official to you since there isnt some big post from Anet. Also these are all with in the last 2-3 weeks.

Of course this isnt legit for you, who wants to be able to enter in 4-5 PvP tournaments a week and earn up to 10k gems. In 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, and 5 vs 5 tournaments.

No what you prefer is grabbing your 9 other static raid group friends and doing raids to get legendary and say this is the only way you should be able to get them.

Irony, PvP made titles easier for casual PvE players. Yet casual PvE raid groups dont want to give anything up.

Anyone else seeing a trend?

BlaqueFyre.5678

Backpacks – Fractals/PvP
Armor – Raids

Actually your comment makes no sense, i have friends who made the legendary Back pc who only PvP.

They did not get the PvE/ fractal back pc because they dont PvE and obviously legendary armor requires PvE since raids is PvE but please let me draw that in crayon for you.

3v3 Courtyard Tournament

All these tournaments give players 2000k gems which can easily be changed into a precursor. As well as the many give aways that AG do with there actual tournaments.

But these probably are not official to you since there isnt some big post from Anet. Also these are all with in the last 2-3 weeks.

Of course this isnt legit for you, who wants to be able to enter in 4-5 PvP tournaments a week and earn up to 10k gems. In 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, and 5 vs 5 tournaments.

No what you prefer is grabbing your 9 other static raid group friends and doing raids to get legendary and say this is the only way you should be able to get them.

Irony, PvP made titles easier for casual PvE players. Yet casual PvE raid groups dont want to give anything up.

Those Tournaments are not official Tournaments they are player driven and funded, which is good on them they are providing a venue that players have wanted but Anet has refused to cater to. Official tournaments are made and sanctioned and rewards provided by Anet, do those tournaments fall under that? No they don’t.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

You do know there is an equivalent to Legendary Armor already in PvP right? It’s called Glorious Hero armor and is only able to be obtained by doing extremely good in PvP. But since it doesn’t have purple letters I guess it doesn’t count even though in PvP you do not need purple letters to have access to any stat you want.

Vayne.8563

You do know there is an equivalent to Legendary Armor already in PvP right? It’s called Glorious Hero armor and is only able to be obtained by doing extremely good in PvP. But since it doesn’t have purple letters I guess it doesn’t count even though in PvP you do not need purple letters to have access to any stat you want.

It’s not the same because it’s not actually animated once you enter combat. It’s just a skin. Nor can you swap stats on it.

Azoqu.8917

It’s not the same because it’s not actually animated once you enter combat. It’s just a skin. Nor can you swap stats on it.

And PvP players need to swap stats? Glorious Hero armor is also one of the best skins in the game so it doesn’t matter if it’s animated or not. I want a full set but I can’t have it. Yet I do not come to the forums and complain about it because I know that to get it I need to be in the top of PvP just like for Legendary armor (and be honest, if it wasn’t purple letters the vast majority of complainers wouldn’t care, transforming or not) you need to be the top of PvE.

This game needs way more rewards for actual hard content (some people will say raids aren’t hard, but harder than the rest of PvE). I was choked when the game first came out and Legendary weapons were a joke to get, pure money grind. The only rewards off the top of my head that require non-brain dead skill are the following:

Legendary armor
Glorious Hero armor
Liandri mini

Everything else in this game is a joke.

(edited by Azoqu.8917)

Vayne.8563

And PvP players need to swap stats? Glorious Hero armor is also one of the best skins in the game so it doesn’t matter if it’s animated or not. I want a full set but I can’t have it. Yet I do not come to the forums and complain about it because I know that to get it I need to be in the top of PvP just like for Legendary armor (and be honest, if it wasn’t purple letters the vast majority of complainers wouldn’t care, transforming or not) you need to be the top of PvE.

This game needs way more rewards for actual hard content (some people will say raids aren’t hard, but harder than the rest of PvE). I was choked when the game first came out and Legendary weapons were a joke to get, pure money grind. The only rewards off the top of my head that require non-brain dead skill are the following:

Legendary armor
Glorious Hero armor
Liandri mini

Everything else in this game is a joke.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I almost never see glorious armor in the game. I’m going to see legendary armor. You’re not going to be able to help but to see it. It’s not tucked away in a corner. It’s going to be there in your face and that is a difference.

When I can’t get the stuff I want the way I play, when it’s in my face, every time I see it it’ll remind me that I can’t have it. It may not bother you, and that’s really good. I’m happy for you. It will bother me. It’ll bother those that play like me.

Fair or not, whether you’re happy or not, if there are enough of us, and there may not be, then it’s going to affect how many people are happily playing this game.

And the end of the day all MMOs have stuff that sucks. If enough stuff sucks for you you stop playing. This is one big thing that sucks for me, bigger than anything else by a fairly wide margin.

And since I’m only fueled by feeling on this, it’s just how I feel. It doesn’t mean it’s right or wrong. But being right or wrong doesn’t change the way I feel.

kdaddy.5431

Backpacks – Fractals/PvP
Armor – Raids

3v3 Courtyard Tournament

Those Tournaments are not official Tournaments they are player driven and funded, which is good on them they are providing a venue that players have wanted but Anet has refused to cater to. Official tournaments are made and sanctioned and rewards provided by Anet, do those tournaments fall under that? No they don’t.

Im glad you said that because the Never Lucky 2 vs 2 tournament is from Anet.

If you go to the PvP forum and look at the top, you can click the title that says 5 vs 5 and 2 vs 2 tournaments. At the bottom of that page it says Anet hands out rewards.

So once again great job of not knowing what your talking about. Can you say i want it and only I should have it? #AnetRaidBabies

Also glorious armor? The thing from the reward track which was really easy to get? You do realize that some ESL players have over 20,000 games played. I have almost 9k and i finished that off months ago but way to name something that is more about consistency that actually doing anything.

You could literally hot join 100 matches and get your glorious armor skin.

Posted by: Nison.3176

Nison.3176

Because it’s legendary armour. Why is it only avaible in raids? Well, because it’s the ultimate reward. You want the best gear in the game by doing daily fractals and farming obsidian shards? People who spend the time to raid and learn the encounters should be rewarded for their efforts(and not with minis almost nobody really uses outside of proof for killing a boss). Getting legendary weapons for completing lvl 10 event collections and mat sinks is enough as it is.

And why is this still being discussed? It has been clear for months that it’s going to be tied to raids only. You get ‘Legendary Insights’. Yes, go complete a WvW reward track for 25 Legendary Insights, why don’t you? Also, armour takes 150LI per set, can you imagine what that would equal if there was a way to get the armour without it? People sell one boss for hundreds of gold, bc each of the people who has to carry you has even more pressure on them. Getting this many insights takes a lot of time, even more for people who started raiding earlier with 3LI per week, but atleast they are done by now.

Let’s have a conversation!
I shout “Lazyyyyyyyyy!”
You say: I don’t have enough time to do raids, I have a life you know! Also I don’t enjoy raiding and shoudn’t be forced to raid to get the items I want. (Optional)I’m a WvW player as well.
Then I say: You don’t have enough time to raid, yet you have enough time to get the armour trough alternative methods that will take as long if not longer? I imagine others have lifes as well, and even if raiding took their lifes from them(which it DOES NOT), you shouldn’t have it both ways. You don’t enjoy raiding, but rather do other PvE content that is insultingly easy and want to be rewarded same as those who raid(not to mention raids aren’t god like difficulty!)? You should be forced to do hard kitten content to get best armour, by your logic I should be able to get a Sunrise by doing Keg Brawl, since it’s the content I enjoy.(Optional: then go do WvW. WvW is a big part of the game, but Guild Wars 2 is a MMO focusing primarly on PvE, It’s not a game that is WvW-like and happens to have some PvE on the side and PvP every 2 weeks on a full moon)

(edited by Nison.3176)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Only This way , atleast i hope so , it isnt Top Tier its just a skin

Get outta here with that lol. And it is a top tier item. Legendary is highest and most expensive type. Just not stat wise.

Nothing is actually worth more than Legendary tier equipment. Literally “nothing” as in Invisible Shoes. :o

Why do they need to go through all the effort of making fancy Legendary armor when they can just give us “nothing” and achieve even more prestige and value…

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If you go to the PvP forum and look at the top, you can click the title that says 5 vs 5 and 2 vs 2 tournaments. At the bottom of that page it says Anet hands out rewards.

So once again great job of not knowing what your talking about. Can you say i want it and only I should have it? #AnetRaidBabies

Also glorious armor? The thing from the reward track which was really easy to get? You do realize that some ESL players have over 20,000 games played. I have almost 9k and i finished that off months ago but way to name something that is more about consistency that actually doing anything.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Community-Run-5v5-and-2v2-Tournaments/first#post4997218

Per you own post.

Read the following —-
Community-Run 5v5 and 2v2 Tournaments
Important Information

ArenaNet handles gem and llama mini distribution.
Tournament prizing can take up to two weeks to distribute once the information has been provided to ArenaNet. For example, if an organizer takes two weeks to provide the winner’s information to ArenaNet, it can take a month to receive prizes.
Gem codes and llamas will be deposited directly to your account.
Do not contact ArenaNet staff members in-game regarding prize distribution. If you have a question or concern, please contact us at pvpcommunity@arena.net.

Remind me where it says Anet is giving you a legendary again ?

Right, it doesn’t. It doesn’t even go as far as to say a Precursor.

Let me remind you what TOL says per the link https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-tournament-of-legends-returns-this-november/

1st Place: Choice of legendary weapon (excluding Eternity and legendary weapons introduced in or after the launch of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™), 4000 gems, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, choice of permanent finisher, 1 Mini Llama
2nd Place: Choice of precursor weapon, choice of Gift of Mastery or Gift of Fortune, 2000 gems, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, choice of permanent finisher, 1 Mini Llama

Notice the big differences here ?
And you were saying something about me needing a picture created with crayons huh….

Azoqu.8917

Glorious hero armor, not that crap you get for the tracks. You know, the good armor you get for winning actual tournaments. Little how people know about the actual Legendary skin already in the game.

kdaddy.5431

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Community-Run-5v5-and-2v2-Tournaments/first#post4997218

Per you own post.

Read the following —-
Community-Run 5v5 and 2v2 Tournaments
Important Information

ArenaNet handles gem and llama mini distribution.
Tournament prizing can take up to two weeks to distribute once the information has been provided to ArenaNet. For example, if an organizer takes two weeks to provide the winner’s information to ArenaNet, it can take a month to receive prizes.
Gem codes and llamas will be deposited directly to your account.
Do not contact ArenaNet staff members in-game regarding prize distribution. If you have a question or concern, please contact us at pvpcommunity@arena.net.

Remind me where it says Anet is giving you a legendary again ?

Right, it doesn’t. It doesn’t even go as far as to say a Precursor.

Let me remind you what TOL says per the link https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-tournament-of-legends-returns-this-november/

1st Place: Choice of legendary weapon (excluding Eternity and legendary weapons introduced in or after the launch of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™), 4000 gems, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, choice of permanent finisher, 1 Mini Llama
2nd Place: Choice of precursor weapon, choice of Gift of Mastery or Gift of Fortune, 2000 gems, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, choice of permanent finisher, 1 Mini Llama

Notice the big differences here ?
And you were saying something about me needing a picture created with crayons huh….

LOL nope i stand corrected and i will try to take my foot out of my mouth.

I still believe the raid legendary armor is still not a good way to go but i must step away when ive been proven wrong on my info. Good one I admit defeat

kdaddy.5431

Glorious hero armor, not that crap you get for the tracks. You know, the good armor you get for winning actual tournaments. Little how people know about the actual Legendary skin already in the game.

Its your post that actually made me see i was incorrect for this is unique armor you can only get threw PvP.

To the other person post, 2k gems converted to gold is easily a precursor and winning 1-3 tournaments held by AG or the community easily results in a Legendary weapon so i dont know how you can complain.

Yet here i stand looking at Glorious Armor you can only get threw the TOL and im pretty sure we all know who the top 4 teams will be.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I was going to be angry about legendary armor being locked behind raids until I saw the legendary heavy armor….

I was expecting something awe inspiring but it turns out to look kind of strange. Kind of has a cheap gem outfit flavor to it.

so no hard feelings after all

Posted by: IcyTear.6378

IcyTear.6378

Calm down everyone . What will happen if Legendary Armor can sell on TP ? I don’t mind if the price is 700-800 gold per one piece .
It will be reasonable . If you do raid you can craft it otherwise you can farm gold to buy . Everyone will happy :X

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

Baseleader.4128

I don’t think is a bad thing that not all the players will have the Legendary Armor. I agree that it should be not easy to get. I don’t agree with ANet’s idea of being impossible to get(at least for the majority of the players).

As for the statement “Not everything needs to be available to everyone” – I think this is false. Everything should be available to everyone. And every single player should balance the material needs, time, effort, reward achieved, how that thing is serving the favorite way of playing GW2 and then, after taking all these into consideration to decide if is worth or not the effort.

With all the Legendary Weapons this way of action is valid – everybody can start to craft one (or several). If the player decides that raising the crafting to 500 + the journey to achieve the Precursor (or the price to buy it) + the map completion + the WvW reward track for Gift of Battle + the effort to gather (or to buy) the materials etc is worth then he can decide to craft one (or more) Legendary Weapon(s).

For the Armors we don’t have the the option to decide: ANet already decided for us (look bellow): This is an extract from a PC magazine interview with Collin Johanson (at that time the Game Director of ANet)

While ArenaNet wants less barriers to get to raiding, the studio isn’t planning to reduce the challenge. “We expect this to be the hardest content we’ve ever put in the game,” Johanson says. Johanson does expect a broad part of the community to attempt the raid but thinks only a small portion will be able to defeat it.

So, by design the raids are not for all. And also by design the armors are not for all.

I think this is the most upsetting aspect: I can live without a Legendary Weapon knowing that I can start to craft one at anytime. But it anger me knowing that ANet decided to deny me the possibility to start crafting one Armor. Why I’m saying this? – look at Collin’s statement again.

The raids are free to try. But only a small portion will be able to defeat it. This is the design. And ANet is actively protecting it.
So, to go back at the beginning of the post: I’m not against the armor being hard (difficult) to get. I totally disagree with the idea of being impossible to get.

Off topic: Maybe I’m being paranoid, but I cannot get rid of one think: Collin and a part of the ANet devs team works now for Amazon – at another game. Hiring such high lvl specialists is not something you can do overnight – so, maybe the discussion started long time ago. A successful game has a lot of players. And maybe Collin and the devs working now for Amazon already set up the condition to have an successful game right from the start – by trolling the GW2 players to the point they will wait only an alternative to leave the game. An alternative? Wait a little, Amazon is launching a new game :-))

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

I don’t think the problem is it being gated behind raids, it’s the fact that it’s heavily time-gated, and for someone starting from zero, assuming he actually manages to clear all encounters every week from week one, he would still need 4 months to gather the necessary Legendary Insights, and that’s not considering everything else required.

I’m not saying Legendary Armor should be available to people playing the game casually, but the amount of dedication for this is just too hardcore. I know that ANet made almost every skin from HoT account bound AND time-gated, or behind abysmal drop rates, but there is a limit on how much they want the plsyers to grind the same content repeatedly, and the Legendary Armor is in my opinion way beyond what’s acceptable.

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

I don’t think the problem is it being gated behind raids, it’s the fact that it’s heavily time-gated, and for someone starting from zero, assuming he actually manages to clear all encounters every week from week one, he would still need 4 months to gather the necessary Legendary Insights, and that’s not considering everything else required.

I’m not saying Legendary Armor should be available to people playing the game casually, but the amount of dedication for this is just too hardcore. I know that ANet made almost every skin from HoT account bound AND time-gated, or behind abysmal drop rates, but there is a limit on how much they want the plsyers to grind the same content repeatedly, and the Legendary Armor is in my opinion way beyond what’s acceptable.

One thing though, is right now you’re thinking a bit small. Yes at the moment 4 months is a LONG time to get the legendary armor….but the legendary backpacks right now are gated about 3 months as well (PvP and Fractal, considering the Fractal page grind limit, and for PvP there’s the achievement that is “15 wins, 1 per day” that at minimum takes 15 days to complete).
And before you say anything about “but 4 months is longer than 3 months” consider this fact…have you not heard that they’re doing MORE RAID WINGS? Once more raids are made available, it will no longer be 4 months because you’ll have the chance to earn more LI per week. the new “4th wing” is rumored to be released (hopefully) next month. Sure if you can’t kill every boss every week, thats going to suck, but the same can be said for Legendary Backpacks, “I can’t fractal everyday” or “I can’t pvp everyday”.

And one more thing….150 LI is for 6 PIECES OF ARMOR…not just 1 piece. So thats basically 6 legendaries right there.

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!

Posted by: Sectry.1236

Sectry.1236

Calm down everyone . What will happen if Legendary Armor can sell on TP ? I don’t mind if the price is 700-800 gold per one piece .
It will be reasonable . If you do raid you can craft it otherwise you can farm gold to buy . Everyone will happy :X

It’ll be account bound just like every HoT legendary.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Why only raids? If we can get legendary weps in a variety of regular pve content why not the legendary armor? Not everyone likes raids and a top tier of equipment shouldn’t be exclusive only to those who want to raid.

Will there be other options and ways to acquire legendary armor is this the only way?

Why do all Legendary weapons have to be tied to open world Pve content? And exclusive to people that play Pve?

Agree, but the solution should be that every type of legendary armor and weapons (and ascended and infusions) are available in both PvE and WvW not exclusive to one type of play. Nothing should be locked behind raids.

BlaqueFyre.5678

Why only raids? If we can get legendary weps in a variety of regular pve content why not the legendary armor? Not everyone likes raids and a top tier of equipment shouldn’t be exclusive only to those who want to raid.

Will there be other options and ways to acquire legendary armor is this the only way?

Why do all Legendary weapons have to be tied to open world Pve content? And exclusive to people that play Pve?

Agree, but the solution should be that every type of legendary armor and weapons (and ascended and infusions) are available in both PvE and WvW not exclusive to one type of play. Nothing should be locked behind raids.

Why shouldn’t anything be locked behind raids? It takes the most effort in game for any Pve content nothing is stopping players from doing raids besides the players themselves, there is no hard gear requirement and so on.

They should have alternate legendary armor for each gamemode but I don’t see that happening anytime soon, given Anets Track record of ignoring most feedback on anything meaningful for WvW and so on.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)