Will HOT come with new dungeons?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Seems amazing that nearly 3 years in this game STILL has no more than the 8 dungeons it launched with. I’m curious, has there been any mention at all of there being new dungeons complete with related armour and weapons for the expansion?

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

They have stated in the past that they will not be including more dungeons on HOT. They want to focus more on open world events like Triple Threat and Tequatl. For good or worse, that is the word I have seen.

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

They still have not announced what the Heart of Thorns “Challenging Content” is yet. There is some possibility it could be related to raid-style content, which are similar to dungeons.

Then again, it could be entirely unrelated.

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

They have stated in the past that they will not be including more dungeons on HOT. They want to focus more on open world events like Triple Threat and Tequatl. For good or worse, that is the word I have seen.

Where/ when did they say that? No news at all has came in relation to the challenging content coming with hot. It could very well be dungeons/raids/open world encounters/guild only events.

We literally don’t know.

Look at the fractals revamp. It could even be fair to say we will see a revamp of the original dungeons as well. We dint know yet

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Jesus, I just HOPE they stop wasting time tinkering with 3 year old dungeons we have ALL done to death!!! You literally do not see this in any other mmo. Make some NEW ones fgs! Even SWTOR has a lot more new dungeons and instanced content. They also have a lot more “World Bosses”.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Doubt they’ll add more dungeons.
As for fractal, they just rearrange and redecorate stuffs plus some new carrots. I find it weird ppl jumping up and down for this. The bosses will be the same with extra seasoning. So same old same old.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Jesus, I just HOPE they stop wasting time tinkering with 3 year old dungeons we have ALL done to death!!! You literally do not see this in any other mmo. Make some NEW ones fgs! Even SWTOR has a lot more new dungeons and instanced content. They also have a lot more “World Bosses”.

You literally don’t see this in any other MMO. Possibly why some of us are here. lol

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

casual players feel stressed and uncomfortable in dungeons or any small group content where their actions actually matter and are reckognizable. That is your answer.

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

Anet seriously needs more Dungeons/ or add some raids. Any interesting Boss encounters please, atm there is like a handful and it sucks. I have High hopes that HoT will deliver though.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

From the fractal blog -

“… we view fractals as our infinitely expandable, endgame version of 5-man dungeon content …”

This implies that they will most likely stay away from new dungeons and, instead, focus on introducing new fractals into the game.

While they didnt say they were introducing new fractals with the HOT launch, it seems logical they would do so (but, like many, I would like at least a tacit confirmation of this). They obviously aren’t abandoning fractals in any way.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: Harprabh.6907

Harprabh.6907

I hope their are dungeons with like the new team like how the old ones had the divinity’s edge. I hope.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Like Blaeys said, it seem that Anet view Fractal as their main quick 5-man instanced content, while the new group challenging content will be something else. Dungeon will most likely be left alone for now.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Personally I like how they stay aways from dungeons.
Don’t get me wrong. The ones we have…I like them alot.
The thing that bothers me bout it is though that if you ask anyone what an mmo is, the answer is always: an open world game where you play with others in the same map (or something in simular wording). But the main feature for challenging content is always instanced (dungeons, trials, raids). so why call it an mmo if the core is instanced??

I like how they are experimenting with solutions to this issue.
Do I think they should make everyone open world?? hell no!. It would only mean that big blob zergs are ganking everything that would have been potentially challenging. But just reverting to the trusted dungeon styles is wrong too. If Arenanet is good at anything, it is changing the market for the better. I hope the challenging group content will be just that. I also hope that’s why we don’t know yet what it is: meaning it is so renewing that they don’t want the competition to know bout it till it hits.

Knowing Arenanet, dont expect what they allready did in the past, but expect them to surprise you.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Legit question and they’ve been oddly quiet about dungeons. They’d really be doing themselves a disservice by not adding at least 2 new dungeons to the expansion. Would be better if they did it upon release, but they’ll more likely add update patches like before with the living world content.

Posted by: ChasingDreams.3250

ChasingDreams.3250

I will just trust Anets decision on this, they are a company that aims to make unique game content that makes their games…. well their games.

EDIT: Which I guess is why so many of us are here instead of in any other MMO?