Will Tribal armor be back?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MHLut.2358

MHLut.2358

With the opening of more Maguuma jungle areas, will the dearly missed Tribal armor be introduced to the game again? It seems to fit the theme, and it’s too awesome to be left out of the game (IMO).

Related post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tribal-armor-set-1

(edited by MHLut.2358)

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Omg this topic needs to go mainstream, the decision to remove it is so silly anyway i look at it that i want to smack one of them. I want to believe they pulled the armor to add it into the HoT expansion since it fits with the theme and most people didnt know it existed when it did so they thought it wouldn’t be missed as much.

I didnt realize it was gone until i was armor matching with the wardrobe when it came out.

Posted by: PoisonPiee.5013

PoisonPiee.5013

I would love to see this armor back in game, those shoulders would look amazing on my necro!

<3

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

It really stinks coming back to the game after an extended break and seeing so many skins being unobtainable. They need to be available again in some fashion.

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

There have been numerous topics about unobtainable armor sets already (and a fair number about this armor set specifically) and it’s usually around now that someone links the Dev post that says they’re planning on re-introducing said sets in the future across multiple game modes.

… Unfortunately I don’t have the link to that post. So you’ll just have to take my word for it. Or hope someone else has the link.

Personally I think you’re right. A big expansion would be a great time to enact such a change.

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

MHLut.2358

… and it’s usually around now that someone links the Dev post that says they’re planning on re-introducing said sets in the future across multiple game modes. …

I just saw someone mentiono Facebook that Anet confirmed the return of Tribal Armor somewhere in the future. Curious about the original source of that comment too!

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

A-ha! Found it:
The link to end all links.

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

IDK why people ‘coming back from a break’ are upset they can’t get the tribal armor. it was in the game very early, it’s not like it was there while you were gone.

also,

Attachments:

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

MHLut.2358

Thank you! Still no idea if that means we’ll get it back in HoT though.

Posted by: Trinket Stormdancer.1923

Trinket Stormdancer.1923

please?? let it come back?

Posted by: WikiTiki.4721

WikiTiki.4721

I totally agree. I would love to have this set. I had my heart set on it ever since I saw the concept art for it before the game even came out! Too bad I wasn’t into PvP then.. Please bring this armor back

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

I was only a few wins away from rank 30 the weekend before they removed it. Then my internet died for the rest of weekend, and when I came back, it was gone. I adore the tribal gloves, though. I’m happy to see it’ll return eventually, but I agree that HoT would be a good time and place to do it!

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

IDK why people ‘coming back from a break’ are upset they can’t get the tribal armor. it was in the game very early, it’s not like it was there while you were gone.

also,

Perhaps it’s because that armor set along with two other sets were only found in the old PvP reward chests that are now removed? Also, some players just don’t like PvP no matter how enticing the reward, so they might feel left out if there’s no other way to obtain it.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I hope it will be very hard to get if it comes back. Lvl 30 used to take quite a while to get before the rework.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

Posting in this thread because I really want this armor set back so I can have my tribal themed necro!

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

also,

Perhaps it’s because that armor set along with two other sets were only found in the old PvP reward chests that are now removed? Also, some players just don’t like PvP no matter how enticing the reward, so they might feel left out if there’s no other way to obtain it.

yes but it’s the implication that they couldn’t get it while they were gone and not because they don’t like pvp. otherwise they would just say they don’t like pvp.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Lamu.8453

Lamu.8453

I want Tribal armor so badly too, I play since start but it was just too difficult to obtain. I don’t get why they don’t put it in PvP reward track, like glorious armor. I hope they just wait to put it in HoT content.