World vs. World Borderlands Stress Test [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i didn’t buy the pre-purchase. lol

I’m not angry, i’ve been in the beta when gw2 first came out, i’m really ok with other people sorting out all the bugs first should i ever decide to purchase in a future sale. heck, i wish they would have held private betas for all these new changes that just tanked the game.

whats clear….. you pay, you are in beta, there’s a beta, you can’t get in. Darn that fine print!! lol

i don’t want to say it’s funny to me because i see a pull my finger scenario for the white knights that were saying how happy and supportive they were while dissing vets with the entitlement argument, only to get thrown under a bus with fine print and get a first hand lesson in what we were talking about,…that would be uncivil ….i’m trying to be compassionate of all sides.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

oh my – look at the date in this post – almost like a prophecy!! http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/conspiracy_theory_did_guild_wars_2s_closed_beta_really_happen.html

now i have to ask, why make a public announcement if this is only relevant to a select few ?

“hey, we are having a qa internal white knights only beta test and you can’t come! lolol”

Because the opposite would obviously even worse.
“Hey Arena Net is doing a stress test, but suspiciously didn’t mention it. They are sneaking their way out of inviting people who pre purchased!”
and then they still need to make a message saying it’s just a stress test.

What they could have done is to clarify that it’s indeed not prepurchase customers and for what reason. That way this black knighting could be avoided.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

What? FEW BETA WEEKENDS and REAL BETAS AND STRESS TEST, the announcement on the pre-purchase page is very clear, that is, pre-purchasing it grants you access on ALL beta weekends. Plus, what do you mean by ‘real betas and stress test’?

Pre-purchasing only grants you access to the beta weekend events, aka BWEs. Like the name implies, these betas are only open on weekends and are more of a public demo than a beta test. The original BWEs ended with an special event as the finale, which they may or may not do again. The actual closed beta is ran in the background, is under an NDA and is only accessible to select people. Stress tests are single events where they want a certain amount of activity at a certain time, which is why they generally only last a few hours.

Whether pre-purchasers are invited to stress tests or any other events is entirely up to ArenaNet. This WvW stress test was announced prior to pre-purchasing as being invite only. For future tests, pre-purchasers will probably be invited.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

whats clear….. you pay, you are in beta, there’s a beta, you can’t get in. Darn that fine print!! lol

But that is not what it said.
It did not say: Buy now and get access to every test ever.
It did say: Buy now and get access to all Beta WEEKEND Events.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ricky.4706

yeah, i remember that first bwe ….with the bunnies and racoons with tequatl stats rofl!

yeah, i’m good on the betas thanks, i’ll wait lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Ricky.4706

the issue is, the players are distrusting anet, having to make them read fine print, and causing them to feel left out is bad pr.

i already met the tequatl bunny, so I’m not upset about this.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

the issue is, the players are distrusting anet, having to make them read fine print, and causing them to feel left out is bad pr.

What fine print? It’s CLEAR what the pre-purchase gives access to.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What they could have done is to clarify that it’s indeed not prepurchase customers and for what reason. That way this black knighting could be avoided.

What they had to do was:
1. Make it absolutely clear that there will be beta events the prepurchase will not be qualifying for (no, saying “all beta weekends” does not send such a clear message).
2. Making sure the official retailers get the above message, so they won’t put a translation with a wider meaning.
3. Not having the very first beta after prepurchase one that would not include prepurchasers.

If you have to parse specific wording and think of the ways to circumvent it in order to get the full meaning, then the message is not only not clear, but intentionally misleading.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Ricky.4706

@maddoctor.2738 ok, if you say so. no matter how you put it, it only paints them in a bad light.

if only certain people could have gotten in, then those certain people should have gotten a private memo….not a public announcement on something people paid for beta access…..cant access. That’s just rude. if it’s a private beta , keep it private , not front page.

trust me, i do find it funny, but it wouldn’t help my own position to heckle the pre purchase white knights -….so please don’t perceive me as being upset ….i’m trying to give you a different reaction that apparently you didn’t expect. Maybe help yall figure a way out of this mess.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

lordkrall.7241

If you have to parse specific wording and think of the ways to circumvent it in order to get the full meaning, then the message is not only not clear, but intentionally misleading.

I suppose it might be a matter of language barriers, but to me a Beta WEEKEND event, would take place on a WEEKEND.
I would also assume that something specifically named Beta Weekend Event would be a specific type test as opposed to beta tests.

The thing, is people are reading something that is not there on purpose, simply so that they can bash ArenaNet.

Think about it: Why would the specify Beta Weekend Events instead of just writing Betas if they meant every single test ever?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

maddoctor.2738

What they had to do was:
1. Make it absolutely clear that there will be beta events the prepurchase will not be qualifying for (no, saying “all beta weekends” does not send such a clear message).
2. Making sure the official retailers get the above message, so they won’t put a translation with a wider meaning.
3. Not having the very first beta after prepurchase one that would not include prepurchasers.

I suppose for people that do not have at least some moderate knowledge of the English language it might be misleading and not clear.

Ricky.4706

@lordkrall.7241 that would be one side of the conspiracy theory,

the other side of that would be anet is doing a marketing stunt and inviting the press to show us what we can’t have for another 6 months. 5 months of advertising already …for an expansion…..over-production.

maddoctor.2738

@maddoctor.2738 ok, if you say so. no matter how you put it, it only paints them in a bad light.

May I ask you then how they could’ve worded it to be more clear? I mean for people without some understanding of the English language.

if only certain people could have gotten in, then those certain people should have gotten a private memo….not a public announcement on something people paid for beta access…..cant access. That’s just rude. if it’s a private beta , keep it private , not front page.

You know there will be streams of the WvW stress test and they announced it so everyone, not only those that got in, can see what the new map is all about. People who pre-purchased got access to beta weekends, this neither on a weekend, nor a beta.

trust me, i do find it funny, but it wouldn’t help my own position to heckle the pre purchase white knights -….so please don’t perceive me as being upset ….i’m trying to give you a different reaction that apparently you didn’t expect. Maybe help yall figure a way out of this mess.

I haven’t pre-purchased HoT and I’m not going to unless I get more information on things I’m interested about. But I do find it funny that people can’t see the difference between Stress Test and Beta Weekend

lordkrall.7241

@lordkrall.7241 that would be one side of the conspiracy theory,

the other side of that would be anet is doing a marketing stunt and inviting the press to show us what we can’t have for another 6 months. 5 months of advertising already …for an expansion…..over-production.

What does that have to do with the topic at hand, at all?

There is no conspiracy theory. There is simply logic. They specifically said Beta Weekend Events as opposed to Betas. Which is exactly what they did before release as well, and the current situation is exactly like it was before release. Even if people somehow don’t understand the meaning of the word weekend, it would be rather easy to just search for Beta Weekend Event and see which system was used for the initial release.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ricky.4706

a private beta, should be private. if you want to do a promotion, be honest and say you invited the press to a stress test. Even make the announcement, “We are holding a press stress test so they can show you the things we are preparing for beta!!!”

“why can’t the rest of us get in!!” “Because we still need to do a little more work before letting the rest in, we limit their access to areas we are ready to show”

all sorts of speculation can be avoided with simple honesty.

unfortunately the front page doesn’t represent that idea…

it’s more like “Announcing the First World vs. World Borderlands Stress Test – and you can’t come BWaaaahahahahahahaha!!!”

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Agree with OP.

This is hardly a representation of the WvW community but a marketing ploy. I am a huge fan of A-Net but this is not cool.

CCCP….

lordkrall.7241

Who has ever said anything about this being a private beta? There is a difference between a private, a closed and an open beta after all.

It is a stress test. They invite whoever they think will be best for the game into said stress test. It really is as simple as that.

Fact still remains that there is nothing in any way or form that says that you will get access to every single test ever if you pre-purchase.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

maddoctor.2738

a private beta, should be private. if you want to do a promotion, be honest and say you invited the press to a stress test. Even make the announcement, “We are holding a press stress test so they can show you the things we are preparing for beta!!!”

“why can’t the rest of us get in!!” “Because we still need to do a little more work before letting the rest in, we limit their access to areas we are ready to show”

all sorts of speculation can be avoided with simple honesty.

It’s not a private beta, nor a press beta. Just people from the press wouldn’t be enough to “stress” the server, they need MORE people. That’s why they gave invitations to press people to deliver them as they see fit

lordkrall.7241

I am still waiting for the source that he actually have these slots to give out.
People seems to refuse to give a source on this other than “he said so, so it must be true”.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ricky.4706

you still don’t see the negative connotation though ? -

“That’s why they gave invitations to press people to deliver them as they see fit”
then the people that paid for the right to participate in those events aren’t fit ?

again, this isn’t bothering ‘me’ – i hate to admit i have an urge to listen to a benny hill theme song as i try to find a peaceful place all parties can be happy with. i just want my old guildwars back

maddoctor.2738

“That’s why they gave invitations to press people to deliver them as they see fit”
then the people that paid for the right to participate in those events aren’t fit ?

They didn’t pay for the right to participate in those events. They paid to participate in the Beta Weekend Events, which can’t more clear on the pre-purchase page.

They gave invitations to streamers so said streamers can (gasp!) play actual WvW with people they know and have played with in the past (their guild mates). Imagine if they just picked people at random, people who never played with each other before, then they would only represent those who follow the blobs around. Instead they made it so players can join with their teams and form competent teams so the mistake of EotM won’t be repeated.

Also, about the selection, they clearly mention in the announcement that those selected will play on a new server.

This test will be conducted on a special server with limited space and will be by special invitation only.

How many players does such a server hold?
How many players pre-purchased the game?
The server obviously has a limited capacity so how should they’ve selected the participants?
Or you’d rather they invited everyone who pre-purchased the game and have massive queues and make sure nobody can play with their friends/guild mates to come to better conclusions over how the map plays?

maddoctor.2738

I posted it on the other thread about this but I’ll repost this since this one is about the selection for the stress test:

The announcement:

This test will be conducted on a special server with limited space and will be by special invitation only.

How many players does such a server hold?
How many players pre-purchased the game?
The server obviously has a limited capacity so how should they’ve selected the participants? Random pick from those who pre-purchased?
Or you’d rather they invited everyone who pre-purchased the game and have massive queues and make sure nobody can play with their friends/guild mates to come to better conclusions over how the map plays?

Ricky.4706

you keep arguing against them, that alone is rubbing salt in it.

The front page says “Announcing the First World vs. World Borderlands Stress Test”

sugar rush candy hype. it’s actually kind of cruel the way you are representing the issue by not even considering their side, and anet putting that all in bold.

But again, i’m trying to prevent myself from saying thats karma catching up to the ‘entitlement’ argument. so no one really should protest while you pounce on them saying that they aren’t ‘entitled’ to the stress test they thought they were invited to.
The vets not only tried to warn them, but are here speaking up for them too, despite all the insults we took from them.

so i mean, continue with the debate if you must, im not part of the camp you are trying to torment lol

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Ricky.4706

massive ques ? ……ok lol

lordkrall.7241

massive ques ? ……ok lol

Yes, if potentially million people get access at the same time and all wants to play it will create rather massive queues.
And since it will ONLY test the new map, there will literally be nothing at all to do while waiting in said queue.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

maddoctor.2738

you keep arguing against them, that alone is rubbing salt in it.

The front page says “Announcing the First World vs. World Borderlands Stress Test”

sugar rush candy hype. it’s actually kind of cruel the way you are representing the issue by not even considering their side, and anet putting that all in bold.

But again, i’m trying to prevent myself from saying thats karma catching up to the ‘entitlement’ argument. so no one really should protest while you pounce on them saying that they aren’t ‘entitled’ to the stress test they thought they were invited to.
The vets not only tried to warn them, but are here speaking up for them too.

so i mean, continue with the debate if you must, im not part of the camp you are trying to torment lol

Well I can’t help but notice how the front page announcement doesn’t contain the word BETA nor the word WEEKEND. But anyway I’d be more interested to get some answers to my questions above from someone from the other camp, on how they could’ve selected players for a limited new server.

maddoctor.2738

massive ques ? ……ok lol

If they invited everyone who pre-purchased, I can’t see how they could’ve avoided massive queues since the stress test will be on a limited new server.

new server (with WvW pop limits) + inviting everyone who pre-purchased wouldn’t end very well.

Ricky.4706

yeah right , how can anyone be stupid enough to believe that -smh-

yes, i can debate in reverse too lol

now you either have to agree with calling prepurchasers stupid or defend them! hehehe!!! -insert benny hill music here-

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Ricky.4706

ok, lol….. it just looks like a marketing attempt to get more people to prepurchase. but we all have feelings…and that’s ok!!

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I didnt preorder for the beta slot….just sayin.

Do you really wanna be a beta tester OP? Do you even have the proper skills for such a task (Properly Identifying and reporting Bugs, retesting to ensure it wasn’t a mishap, communicating with other Beta testers…ect). Somehow from your post I just don’t think you do.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I didnt preorder for the beta slot….just sayin.

Do you really wanna be a beta tester OP? Do you even have the proper skills for such a task (Properly Identifying and reporting Bugs, retesting to ensure it wasn’t a mishap, communicating with other Beta testers…ect). Somehow from your post I just don’t think you do.

I doubt that Duck has a proper skill either. They just lie to people by saying its a close test and that most dedicated wvw playerbase will be selected to “stress test”. They should be honest and just say in faces that its is nothing more but a press/pr event. At this point why they lying?

Im not interesed in this beta if youre curious btw.

If they really wanted to test it they would replace eotm with new map for 24h.

obey me

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

ok, lol….. it just looks like a marketing attempt to get more people to prepurchase. but we all have feelings…and that’s ok!!

Now you’re not making sense. Let’s say it’s 80 people per side in a WvW map. Remember those maps have NO overflows.

That means 240 people will get to stress test. That’s it. 240 people.

Now think about it. How would you choose 240 people from all the veteran players. Are you suggesting they sold only 240 prepurchases?

This was never about the community and anyone in the community making it so is being completely unreasonable.

This is about stress testing the server. It’s not a free preview. It’s not a trial. It’s a stress test, which has to be done. That’s all it is.

Posted by: Kurogami.9210

Kurogami.9210

And how many players would actually report bugs and glitches instead of just having fun on the new map?
How many players would be honest enough not to use possible exploits that haven’t been detected yet?

Giving all p(l)ayers access to the map might actually do more harm than good.

skowcia.8257

And how many players would actually report bugs and glitches instead of just having fun on the new map?
How many players would be honest enough not to use possible exploits that haven’t been detected yet?

And how many players reporter bugs during a “closed beta”? How many off selected players will actually report bugs when they are picked off from a guy that streams for profits?

What exploits, what harm? Eotm doesnt count to wvw score, how it can harm anything? I see youre 100% pve guy if you dont even know basic informations about wvw.. and more people means higher chances to identify such exploits you talking about so that we wont see them on release.

Logic is stronk on these forums.

obey me

Vayne.8563

And how many players reporter bugs during a “closed beta”? How many off selected players will actually report bugs when they are picked off from a guy that streams for profits?

What exploits, what harm? Eotm doesnt count to wvw score, how it can harm anything? I see youre 100% pve guy if you dont even know basic informations about wvw.. and more people means higher chances to identify such exploits you talking about so that we wont see them on release.

I agree. Logic is stronk on these forums. People make something out of nothing or almost nothing on a pretty regular basis. Let’s say 500,000 people prepurchased and there’s from for 2000 people in a stress test. That means 498,000 people are going to get screwed no matter what you do. This isn’t about veteran or not veteran.

I’m really getting tired of every single decision that Anet makes being equated to a veteran/non-veteran argument, because that’s absolute kitten. Anet needs to do a stress test, they chose some people to do it, and that’s the end of the story. It’s not a free sneak peak. It’s a stress test that needs to be done.

People who prepurchased were guaranteed access to beta weekends, not stress tests held in the middle of the week.

People want Anet to test their game and when Anet does, people complain that they weren’t invited to the test. The logic on these forums is indeed shot to hell.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’m wondering why they even bothered announcing it, apart from hyping it up and trying to get the press to drum up support for some vague content that we might get ‘soon’..and which will no doubt be about as well executed as the recent trait changes and balance changes. And a stress test of 35? More like one huge promo but hoping that it doesn’t lag terribly like wvw does for casters in large group fights.

I need to be careful what I say and how I phrase it, the thought police are out in force today!

For once I do find myself agreeing with krall, in that by the letter of the wording of the pre purchase those who threw their money before finding out what they are getting need to learn to speak ‘marketing speak’. This holds true for life in general, like PPI claims firms promises.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

skowcia.8257

I agree. Logic is stronk on these forums. People make something out of nothing or almost nothing on a pretty regular basis. Let’s say 500,000 people prepurchased and there’s from for 2000 people in a stress test. That means 498,000 people are going to get screwed no matter what you do. This isn’t about veteran or not veteran.

I’m really getting tired of every single decision that Anet makes being equated to a veteran/non-veteran argument, because that’s absolute kitten. Anet needs to do a stress test, they chose some people to do it, and that’s the end of the story. It’s not a free sneak peak. It’s a stress test that needs to be done.

People who prepurchased were guaranteed access to beta weekends, not stress tests held in the middle of the week.

People want Anet to test their game and when Anet does, people complain that they weren’t invited to the test. The logic on these forums is indeed shot to hell.

That also, we knew about wvw “beta” 2 months ago so i dont really understand why they complain about it. Howered calling something stress test which is nothing else but a press event to promote the game inst really a stress test either.

After all they opened stronghold for 24hours and they got a lot of feedback, people found exploits and reported them. Im not sure why they cant do the same with this wvw map in future. Or actually i know..wvw community will complain about eotm v2

Cant win at all

obey me

Vayne.8563

That also, we knew about wvw “beta” 2 months ago so i dont really understand why they complain about it. Howered calling something stress test which is nothing else but a press event to promote the game inst really a stress test either.

After all they opened stronghold for 24hours and they got a lot of feedback, people found exploits and reported them. Im not sure why they cant do the same with this wvw map in future. Or actually i know..wvw community will complain about eotm v2

Cant win at all

I’m not sure why you think this isn’t a stress test. But the stress test is different from a beta test. They’re interested in seeing how the servers react when full, not necessarily a bug test. I’m sure they’ll be beta tests too.

This isn’t even a beta day. It’s 4 hour test. Not really a big promotional event, no matter how you slice it.

skowcia.8257

Why i think its press event is in op post. “Lolwut i dont even know what im doing” over dedicated wvw players. And thats olny bc hes a streamer.

obey me

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

What actually makes a player a ‘veteran’ player anyway? How are we measuring this basis of calling someone a ‘veteran’ for comparison, and at what point does someone have ‘the right’ to be called a veteran?

Its usually measured in “back in my days”.

I personally use an “envy meter.” The higher the envy, the more unworthy the other player is and the more veteran status is removed from his account.

Both are very good answers!

But further to my point is, how can ArenaNet measure who is and who is not a veteran player? It seems no matter what ArenaNet does lately, someone has to call “It’s not fair!”

They can give priority to streamers and you tubers where people who didn’t get an invite can still see the content. Is that so bad? Apparently so, it’s bad for ‘veterans’.

If they gave out invites to dedicated WvW guilds, someone will cry out “This is not fair on smaller guilds!”

If they gave out invites to people who played since Day 1, someone will cry out “This is not fair on people who played less days, but put in more hours!”

If they gave out invites to people with a certain amount of hours according to /age, someone will cry out “This is not fair on people who don’t have time to play the game as long as they do!”

If they gave out invites to people with a certain amount of AP… well, you get the picture I guess!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I’m wondering why they even bothered announcing it

So they can reach people with their own stream and the streams of invitees.

Posted by: Macilien.3078

Macilien.3078

again, this isn’t bothering ‘me’ – i hate to admit i have an urge to listen to a benny hill theme song as i try to find a peaceful place all parties can be happy with. i just want my old guildwars back

Except that nobody paid for participation in this stress test, it was even announced before the prepurchase started how people will be selected.

Vayne.8563

Why i think its press event is in op post. “Lolwut i dont even know what im doing” over dedicated wvw players. And thats olny bc hes a streamer.

Still doesn’t make it a press event. If they only needed a small number of people, why not kill two birds with one stone. They’re only testing capacity. That’s it.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

and I’ll say it again, the problem isn’t the price, the problem is how you are treating us with such disregard.

If the problem was the price, the people would be screaming bloody murder for a legendary costing almost as much as the game, heck way more than the game since it was down to 10 bucks and now free. lol

Not everyone can get in, means that if you get in someone else of the vets wont, which should you pick to get in?
This entitlement needs to stop. I’m a vet, i couldn’t care less, this is NOT YOUR GAME, this is arenanets game, that you happen to play.

They don’t owe you anything… Remember that, harch but true,

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“Pretty sure docgotgame is part of AuroraPeachy’s weekly GuildGab, and has been for some time.”

This is incorrect.

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Why should only veteran WvW players be selected for the stress test?

Edge of the Mist.

lordkrall.7241

I’m wondering why they even bothered announcing it

Because if they didn’t people would rage like mad how they are trying to “hide” tests in order to bypass having to give access to everyone (because people can’t read).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They have an FAQ page that they link to, where it clearly explains what they mean with Beta Weekend Event.

The fact you all prepurchased without even reading an FAQ is just, i cannot put it to words. You all did not spend a single minute even looking into the product you were paying for, did you?

I bust anet plenty for being vague, which they do either willfull or through neglect. But this time it was pretty clear and well explained.

Ricky.4706

and I’ll say it again, the problem isn’t the price, the problem is how you are treating us with such disregard.

If the problem was the price, the people would be screaming bloody murder for a legendary costing almost as much as the game, heck way more than the game since it was down to 10 bucks and now free. lol

Not everyone can get in, means that if you get in someone else of the vets wont, which should you pick to get in?
This entitlement needs to stop. I’m a vet, i couldn’t care less, this is NOT YOUR GAME, this is arenanets game, that you happen to play.

They don’t owe you anything… Remember that, harch but true,

Harch ? Harch ? Oh my, if you plan to attempt to insult me at least use a spell check!

But I will say well said …because I DIDN"T PRE-PURCHASE !!

and I say…….. it’s not YOUR money , it’s MY money and I spend it how I Want……on a game I like, not one that YOU like

I don’t owe anet or YOU ANYTHING.

Harsh but true.

I’m trying to help mr white knight sir. You fight sillyly

Ricky.4706

and for the record, i’m neither a white knight nor a black knight….I’m a gray knight

I’m trying to help both sides debate more efficiently else this may end up into a teletubby slap fest that none will win. We need a decisive winner, so we can roll out the updates and see if they are worth the purchase.