Worse than Cursed Shores...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Please don’t change this.

I ordered a hard copy of the expac mere hours ago, partly due to the HP change making it top of my “games to get” check list for this pay cycle, but please don’t make this content easier.

I want some open world content I will completely SUCK at….I want to get slapped around and have my butt handed to me again and again and again till I learn to adapt and conquer it. I’ve been drooling at the bit for this.

I mean I’d consider myself of only average skill level in this game, probably worse after burning out on sPvP/WvW for the first 2 years and playing mostly PvE in the last year, but I find Cursed Shore a complete cakewalk snoozefest after a year of PvE. If this content is made “easymode” I’ll be gutted and probably exchange the expac for one of the other games on my list (looking at you Fallout).

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

… I did not think I was whining, just expressing my opinion.

Typical behavior of the tryhards on MMO forums is too accuse someone of “whining” “QQ”, etc… when they see an opinion that differs from their own. It’s very immature, IMHO.

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Forum: we forced Anet to nerf elite spec unlock, we forced Anet to nerf hero challanges and we forced Anet to nerf mastery gate. Now let’s just complain until Anet nerf the difficulty.

NO!!!

And they force Anet to ruin the balance of profession because the only class that is balance is their class and every class is OP.

Posted by: TheFibrewire.6845

TheFibrewire.6845

you need to Git Gud thats it, in curse shore also you can run past mobs,if you are dying and have very low skill level is not Anet problem

guess son got use to the face roll content in old days, learn to CC enemies and still having problems then get a new gear set with toughness. slot CC abilities instead of all damge Utility skills, learn to adapt.

I am pretty sure you haven even dared to go to the depths of the jungle lol, you will never come back

instead of whining go play and get improved.

may pocket raptors consume you soul into the endless abyss whiner

Posted by: TheFibrewire.6845

TheFibrewire.6845

Forum: we forced Anet to nerf elite spec unlock, we forced Anet to nerf hero challanges and we forced Anet to nerf mastery gate. Now let’s just complain until Anet nerf the difficulty.

NO!!!

And they force Anet to ruin the balance of profession because the only class that is balance is their class and every class is OP.

when did HP got nerf? really god consume these casuals and noobs, oh god I am done here.

so many whiners who cant play and has low skill level.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Its an end game level 80 zone, what more is to be said, you cant even compare it to cursed shore.

Its not overly difficult to run threw, the only thing I will say is, the respawn on some enemies is a little fast, which could probably lead to farming, and esp around some vistas etc, it feels like that no sooner have you killed it that it has respawned.

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

Its sad day when players complain about the difficulty of content. What makes a game fun is that there can aleays be a goal, always a new challenge, and these new zones are just one huge challenge! Sure, some people aren’t ready for it, well thats your goal, get ready!

“Get ready”? Most useless adivice, ever.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

What does that one Seraph say repeatedly in Camp Resolve?

“They say we’re going into the heart of the Maguuma jungle. That gives me the chills.”

That guy is right to be afraid, it’s a dangerous place. It should be hard

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Even Rytlock himself says, “No risk, no reward.”

And he’s wearing a blindfold these days.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

Please don’t nerf these areas. The difficulty level is a breath of fresh air. I’m enjoying the fact that I need to be aware of my surroundings and learn how to do various things. Sure, it was a little frustrating at first, but it makes for far more rewarding gameplay in the end. I’m not one for mindlessly auto-attacking and rolling through content that way.

Posted by: derekch.1302

derekch.1302

I run full zerker, finished the story, fully unlocked my elite spec (got most of my HP solo, yes even soloed some champion mobs), so i do not think HoT is that difficult. The new maps are meant to be end game, so the difficulty should remain as it is.

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

The difficulty in HoT is EXACTLY where it should be.

Please don’t listen to people like the OP.

Headdesk

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Oh, it’s hilarious to see the elites throwing their little tantrums. They always complain about casuals whining and and crying, but the minute they don’t get their way, they cry and scream louder than everyone else and are always blaming casual players for everything.

And then you wonder why you get so much hate. It’s deserved. Maybe people will respect you if you stop acting like entitled cry babies. If you can’t handle other people having a fair shot at things, go play a single player game.

Are you insane? The last few days has been nothing but casual crying over everything and Anet have given you what you want each time, now someone setting their sights on the actual gameplay is going too far.

You have all the tools to move and play in the new zones, you just need to try new things, change your builds and watch what’s happening around you. You have a fair shot, just might need you to engage more.

It’s hilarious you say that, because I read the forums too. Casual players put forth intelligent, valid criticism, and then the hardcore showed up and just started throwing out insult after insult. Kicking, screaming and crying as per usual. Because that’s all the elite are ever good at; throwing temper tantrums fit for a queen.

Hardcore players are cancerous to MMO communities. You either agree with them or you’re a noob, a scrub, filthy casual, [inster nom du jour here].

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I am running zerk r and glass condi builds and I feel the difficulty level is just perfect for open world. I pay dearly if I make a mistake which is the way it should be. If I’m foolish enough to agro everything at once then I deserve to die.

It’s a learning curve and a difficult transition from what we are used to but once people figure out the mechanics and what builds work the content will get much easier.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Oh, it’s hilarious to see the elites throwing their little tantrums. They always complain about casuals whining and and crying, but the minute they don’t get their way, they cry and scream louder than everyone else and are always blaming casual players for everything.

And then you wonder why you get so much hate. It’s deserved. Maybe people will respect you if you stop acting like entitled cry babies. If you can’t handle other people having a fair shot at things, go play a single player game.

Are you insane? The last few days has been nothing but casual crying over everything and Anet have given you what you want each time, now someone setting their sights on the actual gameplay is going too far.

You have all the tools to move and play in the new zones, you just need to try new things, change your builds and watch what’s happening around you. You have a fair shot, just might need you to engage more.

It’s hilarious you say that, because I read the forums too. Casual players put forth intelligent, valid criticism, and then the hardcore showed up and just started throwing out insult after insult. Kicking, screaming and crying as per usual. Because that’s all the elite are ever good at; throwing temper tantrums fit for a queen.

Hardcore players are cancerous to MMO communities. You either agree with them or you’re a noob, a scrub, filthy casual, [inster nom du jour here].

This looks more and more like Wildstars forums where “hardcores” were “rulers” on forums and crapped on anyone voicing any concern.

Well, rest of the Wildstar saga is history, its kinda funny GW2 walks the same path.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

i never have understood this desire for tough trash mobs. honestly what is the point of fighting these endless enemies that drop nothing of value? it’s disheartening to have to fight literally everything every step of the way (why are the insects so angry anyway?-every beetle/wasp/grub in town wants a piece of you).

fighting trash mobs is just slowdown crap..no satisfaction if you beat them. and these mobs are fairly uninspired (i’m really not excited to fight animals…not out of ethical concerns-but out of jesus god another kittening beetle concerns). the various mushroom heads and faceless mordrem are boring.

not only is the loot terrible (same stuff you see in any gw2 map) but anet missed the boat with the creatures..where is the truly weird stuff/humanoid enemies (not barklickers). the jungle should feel truly strange but it feels like some insects/cats/and angry cabbage patch kids (shroom heads) are just in a bad mood.

Posted by: Duke of Thorin.7425

Duke of Thorin.7425

Cool, so this is a great opportunity for you to practice gameplay that isn’t press 1 to feel good, and in turn become a better gamer. Cheers.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Hope incoming New zones will be beautiful landscape like Queendale or Norn stater area

So much this. I really hope for a Jormag Expansion .. with lots of FLAT areas
where its not a nightmare to navigate.

And at least Cursed Shore also was mostly a flat zone and so at least much easier
to navigate.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Selkirk.4218

but it is press 1…and then press1 again..and again. and for what-that conjurer coat i always wanted? trash mob fighting is for the simple minded or again the new player-hey they might not have seen a set of chain gloves yet.

but for veterans fighting these trash mobs dropping the same loot table as any mob in orr..it is lame.

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I actually like the tougher mobs in Maguuma. I dont have any problems with them but i cant just afk walk through stuff, i need to play a little. i prefer they leave as it is.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Selkirk.4218

i don’t care if they leave it as is or nerf it-what i’m asking for is a reason to fight them. i mean the ‘hardcore’ pve’r (i wonder how these ‘hardcore’ fellows would fare in say pvp) might enjoy hours of fighting trash mobs for silk scraps and crappy loot-not me.

without loot, armor sets and weapons specifically, this is just grind for the sake of grind. oh here’s a veteran smokescale just wandering down this path next to a group of beetles next to some tigers…and after i finish them off i have a few pairs of cabalist gloves! yusss…finally….

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I went on a crazy wild GW1 Lornar’s pass style run the other night and had a blast until I hit the piranhas. The first time I had no idea why I died, but the second time I understood. They can be found in the deepest depths of Tangled Depths.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i never have understood this desire for tough trash mobs. honestly what is the point of fighting these endless enemies that drop nothing of value? it’s disheartening to have to fight literally everything every step of the way (why are the insects so angry anyway?-every beetle/wasp/grub in town wants a piece of you).

fighting trash mobs is just slowdown crap..no satisfaction if you beat them. and these mobs are fairly uninspired (i’m really not excited to fight animals…not out of ethical concerns-but out of jesus god another kittening beetle concerns). the various mushroom heads and faceless mordrem are boring.

not only is the loot terrible (same stuff you see in any gw2 map) but anet missed the boat with the creatures..where is the truly weird stuff/humanoid enemies (not barklickers). the jungle should feel truly strange but it feels like some insects/cats/and angry cabbage patch kids (shroom heads) are just in a bad mood.

dont fight them then. This maps has tons of ways to run away from them such as button mushrooms and gliding. I can actually run across the map faster than I was at cursed shores. I actually like the map design but I kinda hate the mastery skill point gate.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Op, you’d prefer they removed the enemies? Maybe just gave you a dry run through the green pastures?

Hey now that I think about it, maybe you and a buddy can go hang gliding?

The game is difficult in places, and yes a well placed family of raptors can suck.

Deal with it.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

loseridoit.2756

Op, you’d prefer they removed the enemies? Maybe just gave you a dry run through the green pastures?

Hey now that I think about it, maybe you and a buddy can go hang gliding?

The game is difficult in places, and yes a well placed family of raptors can suck.

Deal with it.

it really depends on class. Raptor suck on a regular mesmer but chrono can breeze through them. My zerker guard has a pretty easy time killing them

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

If you take the time to kill them, they are a snap. Most of us are looking up at the trees and land on a gaggle of them.

-sigh- no one wants to take the time to properly kill anything anymore.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

I am running zerk r and glass condi builds and I feel the difficulty level is just perfect for open world. I pay dearly if I make a mistake which is the way it should be. If I’m foolish enough to agro everything at once then I deserve to die.

It’s a learning curve and a difficult transition from what we are used to but once people figure out the mechanics and what builds work the content will get much easier.

Yeah, I agree, content feels pretty good regarding difficulty. Just difficult enough when I’m drunk and just easy enough when I’m sober. Don’t change it, Anet

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: mattmd.8162

mattmd.8162

NO!!!

buttons too complicated anet. pls make one iwin button that wins teh game

loseridoit.2756

NO!!!

buttons too complicated anet. pls make one iwin button that wins teh game

Hey, some of us like the difficulty. I just hate arbitrary gates. Some of us do not want to spend time doing the same thing over and over again to the point where we memorizes all the mob respawns. All those pointless script timers. etc. etc. At that point, it becomes a grind.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

How is it that people don’t know that the glider is used to ‘soften’ landings
(just like parachutes…)? It’s not hard to keep from dying. As someone who’s getting used to gliding, I’ve actually been enjoying it and the view.

As for dying by mobs and such, sure it gets annoying – but it’s expected when you’re out numbered. These maps aren’t supposed to be a walk in the park obviously, so tread with caution or expect to rage quit.

These maps are not hard at all. A little challenging maybe..
(if you aren’t thinking about what you’re doing) but do you really want this game reduced down to a toddler game? I definitely don’t, if you do then find a pay to win game. If you aren’t paying attention and die, then you’ve only got yourself to blame.

All this QQ is older than dirt and getting older.

- By the way Anet, nice job on the ending. Kudos for how it turned out and the fight was well thought out.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

ITT people who only read the first few posts and decide to bash OP despite the OP having expressed to improve.

How about giving some real advice like some of the initial posts did? ;p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Even Rytlock himself says, “No risk, no reward.”

And he’s wearing a blindfold these days.

And he had such beautiful eyes.

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

ITT people who only read the first few posts and decide to bash OP despite the OP having expressed to improve.

How about giving some real advice like some of the initial posts did? ;p

I agree, it’s getting really pathetic. Most people simply fail to understand simple posts and rather put their trashtalking template in these kind of threads. I really start to believe that those players leave their reading comprehension skills in the cloakroom before enterting the threads, while at the same time complaining about others not reading their posts correctly (so they assume, at least).

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

you need to Git Gud thats it, in curse shore also you can run past mobs,if you are dying and have very low skill level is not Anet problem

guess son got use to the face roll content in old days, learn to CC enemies and still having problems then get a new gear set with toughness. slot CC abilities instead of all damge Utility skills, learn to adapt.

I am pretty sure you haven even dared to go to the depths of the jungle lol, you will never come back

instead of whining go play and get improved.

may pocket raptors consume you soul into the endless abyss whiner

“Git Gud”……….it appears you might be using a language translation program because your posting is a bit disjointed.

But I get your drift that you consider my simple commentary to be whining.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Casuals do have a fair shot at things. Don’t be so discriminatory.

NSPride <3

Selkirk.4218

running down a path and fighting 3 mobs of pocket raptors isn’t a ‘challenge’ it is just irritation..in auric basin even the boars have turned surly.

basically every 3 feet of the way there is a ‘stop’ to fight a mob. and has been discussed previously-there isn’t a point to any of it…they don’t drop any loot. this is fighting for fighting’s sake-if practice golems dropped silk scraps it would be the same experience.

and in fact we have seen players so enthralled with the new maps that they are doing things like cof1 mob killing…trash mobs are just that-trash. you would hope the time spent fighting would give some reward…

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

It’s possible to avoid a lot of fights by exercising caution, using the terrain and using the various masteries that streamline travel, like gliding, mushrooms, exalted portals and mud wallows. And for a few silvers, there are always waypoints once you have them unlocked.

There’s no question that Maguuma is much tougher than the rest of Tyria, but it’s definitely navigable (even for my glass-cannon DPS squishies) and there’s plenty of fun things to do that don’t require zerging.

There’s plenty that does require zerging, too, but for those of us who find such gameplay boring (zerging bores me to tears, whether PvE or WvW), it’s mostly optional.

Overall, I’m really enjoying what HoT has brought to the game, and hope you will, too.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

NO!!!

To be fair the elite spec wasn’t exactly a nerf.

It may come as a shock to you, but people actually buy character slots and the original 400 points needed for elites punished those people for buying character slots.

Lets not forget the selling point of Guild Wars 2 over 3 years ago was a “grindless and casual” game, now for someone who has 9 toons, plays casual of 1 hour a night or so and needs to unlock 3,600 hero points to have all toons back to fully functional would take way too long.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.