Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

My account is 989 days old, with headstart, I guess we’ll get a nice aniversary thingy when Gw is about 3 yrs (1095) days old also coinciding with the launch of gw2 HoT so about 106-109 days from now : 15,5 weeks or about 3,5 months,as it is mid may now between month 8 (august) and 9 (septembre) with pre sales starting around -july-.

Do not expect it before that time tbh. Or they should release all proffesions next week and dungeons and special features the week after.

I also expect the dates to be announced in about 11 days….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I heard if you put four closed beta portals into the Mystic Forge you have a 1 in 828 million chance of it giving you a gadget that displays the exact launch date of Heart of Thorns.

You can also buy one on the BLTP for 8282015 gems.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^I see what you did there. Lol.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

wouldn’t that be a 1 in 8,28 million chance?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I have no idea the source, but this suggests Q3 of this year:

http://i.imgur.com/Tu3G4R2.png

Take it for what you will. It coincides with the late August theories.

As has also been mentioned in every post about this….

That for cast is 2 years old and they always foreast Q3 sales increases

They forecasted less during Q3 2014 (by 2-5 points even). Even if that forecast is old, wherever that 91 “is” now is definitely where the expansion is. That is a huge spike.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I prefer they don’t give a schedule. Many of you act like children and start crying and complaining like anet did something to you personally the moment something changes.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Uitbreiding Digital Key Version
Releasedatum: 30-11-2015
Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Digital Edition CD Key – Digital versie Levering per e-mail.
Meer info
Release dag Pre-Order, Verzonden 1 dag voor release
Pre-Order € 35,99

This is on Gamesync in my country.

I can see that too, in the US, course i cant read what it says, but i can see the release date and the digital thing…but i wonder how true that is, if so, awesome! if not…boo…

Shops often place release dates on their online stores even though no actual release date is known. Never understood why they do that.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They do it so they have something in the computer that lets them accept money from people. Not filling in required fields borks programs something fierce. So they make a guess for something they think will be later than the actual release and plug it in to make the software behave.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

^I see what you did there. Lol.

Nope. You’re reading in to it too much.

You were probably one of those people who got fooled by the completely meaningless jerseys, weren’t you?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^There were meaningless cows? Are those the ones we dance for now?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

huh, is there a 28th month?

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It’s this year or they wouldn’t be promoting it so much. They’re not going to tell you more specifically than that when they don’t know.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Think he used the Month, Day, year format… 8/28/2015…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

We’re in the midst of specializations blog posts, and it was supposed to be the last nine weeks leading up to the release, but that would put the release at mid June at the current pace. And there’s still Guild Halls that hasn’t been covered (and perhaps a bit more about some of the other Masteries we’ll be getting). There’s a rumour that they’ll take a break from specializations at some point, give us blog posts about other things, then return to the remaining specializations, finish off with Revenant, then launch.

-shrug-

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We’re in the midst of specializations blog posts, and it was supposed to be the last nine weeks leading up to the release, but that would put the release at mid June at the current pace. And there’s still Guild Halls that hasn’t been covered (and perhaps a bit more about some of the other Masteries we’ll be getting). There’s a rumour that they’ll take a break from specializations at some point, give us blog posts about other things, then return to the remaining specializations, finish off with Revenant, then launch.

-shrug-

When did they ever say that specializations would be the last nine weeks leading up to release?

It also seems like we are getting three specializations now, something else and then the rest (or possible three, else, three, else, three).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

sorudo.9054

Think he used the Month, Day, year format… 8/28/2015…

i know but i always find that ridicules, it’s small middle large not middle small large.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

-shrug-

When did they ever say that specializations would be the last nine weeks leading up to release?

It also seems like we are getting three specializations now, something else and then the rest (or possible three, else, three, else, three).

It was in an interview. Maybe that was the original intention, but they’ve decided to change it up.

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

All you fools with your 2015 dates :P

Yeah. The fact that they say “we aren’t ready to talk about that yet” says it’s not this year. Certainly not by August (the next 4 months! Really, people, be realistic.) like so many keep guessing at.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

lordkrall.7241

Yeah. The fact that they say “we aren’t ready to talk about that yet” says it’s not this year. Certainly not by August (the next 4 months! Really, people, be realistic.) like so many keep guessing at.

We have about the same level of information flow now as we had this time in 2012.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

They still have to release that big feature pack with new traits and conditions. And then they will have to fix all the mess they made with it. That will take some time.

sorudo.9054

They still have to release that big feature pack with new traits and conditions. And then they will have to fix all the mess they made with it. That will take some time.

knowing how they end up with the last two feature packs, i fear that day…..

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I think anyone saying July/August is being very optimistic almost to the point of wishful thinking. We haven’t even had the first public closed beta yet (that wasn’t a press event). I’d guess at October-December.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

This. We might see new Trait system hit in August after they are all revealed, but I’m very sure they will find bugs with it once it’s live and need balancing. Only after they do that and give final release info on Rev will we see HoT. Q4 sounds much more likely.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

When they finally reach across the table for the release date note.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i personally don’t mind the delay. that would buy me time to save money to purchase bigger SSD. my current one nearly filled up already.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Nancy.9450

Nancy.9450

i found 2 online stores with heart of thorns with 2 other release dates and prices.\

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/9200000039355572/?Referrer=ADVNLBES002012-TXG7YU4ZV5LTA (31-12-2015)

http://www.gamesync.nl/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-uitbreiding-digitale-cdkey-download.html (30-11-2015)

what is up with this?

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

Anyone can make a placeholder, chances are that neither of those are accurate. Until Anet releases info I would just assume all dates/prices are wrong

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Placeholders. Q4 would be a reasonable timeframe though.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

this game is nowhere close to release or they would already have a pre-purchase/pre-order through Anet

Pre-purchase was in April for the launch of GW2 in Aug…so we’re still 4 months out.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ll guess around Christmas, but that’s only a guess.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Retailers had dates for GW2 long before the betas started. The only date that will matter is the one that ANet gives.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Retailers had dates for GW2 long before the betas started. The only date that will matter is the one that ANet gives.

Mmmhmm. This. ^

this game is nowhere close to release or they would already have a pre-purchase/pre-order through Anet

Pre-purchase was in April for the launch of GW2 in Aug…so we’re still 4 months out.

It’s an expansion, I’m sure it’ll work a bit differently than the whole GW2 game. It’s not like they’re making a GW3 and plopping it into GW2.

I’m estimating (and really ,really hoping) anytime between August and December 2015. That’s not an unreasonable estimate, considering GW2 Living World is currently on hold, as well as other content updates, until [possibly] the release of HOTS. Not only that, but considering Storyline Spoiler...the ANet devs knew about the Sylvari from the beginning and [ArenaNet] has been planning this expansion shortly after release,
I don’t think they want us waiting a year for this expansion, and it’d suck for them to tease us for a year.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Amazon lists preorder boxes (not the game) with June 30. for about 44,99€ at the moment.
They say the date is not final, but not talking about the price.

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I keep throwing Money at the Screen..

I keep throwing My Credit Card at the Screen..

I keep throwing My Wifes Credit Card at the Screen..

Give me my Game Expansion..

Thanks..

LOL

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

They are either estimated dates anet gave them, or guesses they have made.

Either way it’s so that people pre-order from them first, rather than waiting for another company to add them and lose potential orders.

Also no way in hell am I paying full price for this “expansion”!!! Anet do not deserve it, make it £25 max and then I’ll consider it!

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Amazon gave us a release date tho Iv seen them have alot of wrong in the past still here it is:

http://www.amazon.de/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Vorverkaufsbox/dp/B00SN5JM6W

June 30th

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

lordkrall.7241

Until there is information at https://www.guildwars2.com we should assume all these dates and prices are false.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You can preorder Mass Effect 4. And there’s a rough date. This means nothing.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/release-date-and-price-we-have-it/first#content

Already been brought up and thoroughly debunked. Retailers know nothing. It will be mid to late August at the absolute earliest.

Posted by: Zarania.5879

Zarania.5879

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/release-date-and-price-we-have-it/first#content

Already been brought up and thoroughly debunked. Retailers know nothing. It will be mid to late August at the absolute earliest.

the retailer in question is NCSOFT.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Well yeah, of course it is. Do you honestly think they set the date? Come now, you can’t be that naive.

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

This is old news. Until ANET actually tells us on their website when the release or pre order date is, like Krall said, don’t believe anything else

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If I remember correctly Amazon has a disclaimer somewhere that all release dates are approximate and subject to change without notice.

Which basically means they (and any sellers using the site, official or otherwise) can put up any release date they like and they’re under no obligation to honour it or even to have checked it’s accurate.

Back before it finally came out Chinese Democracy used to appear for pre-order on one or more Amazon sites every 6 months or so, usually with a release date 6-18 months in the future. They’d just keep amending it for a while and then take it down. If I remember correctly some people claimed their very old pre-orders were honoured when the album finally came out, but I’m not sure if that’s true.

In this case the big problem would be if Anet decides to do a special promotion like the pre-purchase for the base game (which gave beta access, 3 day headstart and a special item) or a collectors edition. Pretty much anyone can offer a pre-order for the expansion itself – they just have to order copies to distribute on release day. But special promotions may need to be arranged with Anet in advance and it probably wouldn’t be possible to do that for pre-orders you’ve already taken.

I’m just going to wait until we hear something official, on this site, before I think about pre-ordering.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Anyway HoT price will be <= 45€.
I don’t think that it will be 45€ because this would equal a whole new game.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Yeah do not trust Amazon release dates. I was waiting for a new camera to be released and Amazon had “x” release date, from the manufacturer. When release date came, it simply went to “out of stock” with a possible ship date of 2-5 weeks. So, not a good way to determine release date of anything.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Still at the very least 8/9 weeks out. Still need 6 weeks for the rest of elite specs, 1 week (maybe more) for guild halls information, 1 week (maybe more) for the “challenging group content” info, and 1 week for the other rest of the revanant information.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

HoT is a physical box.

Which means its not going to have a release date announced without 3-4 months of advanced notice to retailers. (mid) August is now the absolute earliest and even that gets less and less likely every day.

The laws of retail logistics have not changed since HoT was announced .

No… the retailer is Amazon. Who are beyond notorious for making things up for when it comes to availability dates when they can take and hold your money until then.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Wont be June 30 from what I understand

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

August stands a good chance, with the 3 year anniversary coming.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.