Your picked races for your Revenant?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Probably charr for me. Might consider Sylvari as well.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Since I dont happen to like Charr or Asura. I will be making a Norn and a Human

Posted by: Xaielao.8510

Xaielao.8510

I already have two Asura, two Humans and two Sylvari (one of which is my main) so probably Charr or Norn since I only have one of those.

I was so hoping to play a Tengu one. A strong winged warrior who in his personal story broke with the philosophy of his fellows and joined the other races in the fight to save his world but… `sniff’. I understand why there isn’t a new race but eventually Anet is gonna have to bow to the pressure and make the Tengu playable with their lands split into two new 1-15 & 15-30 zones. I just so want that!

In the end my race of choice will heavily depend upon the backstory I give him or her. So yes, I am an RP’er.

(edited by Xaielao.8510)

Posted by: Alkene.5072

Alkene.5072

Norn for sure.
They already have a link to spirits, and their huge bodies make heavy armor look amazing.
This class has norn all over it imho

Exactly my thoughts too, I’m going Norn for Revenant first.

Posted by: Alkene.5072

Alkene.5072

I already have two Asura, two Humans and two Sylvari (one of which is my main) so probably Charr or Norn since I only have one of those.

I was so hoping to play a Tengu one. A strong winged warrior who in his personal story broke with the philosophy of his fellows and joined the other races in the fight to save his world but… `sniff’. I understand why there isn’t a new race but eventually Anet is gonna have to bow to the pressure and make the Tengu playable with their lands split into two new 1-15 & 15-30 zones. I just so want that!

In the end my race of choice will heavily depend upon the backstory I give him or her. So yes, I am an RP’er.

I’m a RP’er too, wondering how this profession is going to work into our RP and the canon of the game. Kind of excited to work out a back story for my Norn Revenant but I’m eagerly awaiting more details on how the profession works but…I was also hoping for Tengu as a playable race. I think they’d be an amazing race to play.

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

I’ve got a heavy Norn warr and a heavy Asura guard. Might go Charr for rev. Or human. Not sure.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Posted by: Rue.2049

Rue.2049

A dark looking Sylvari male with a mix of Sylvari cultural armor to its heavy armor to make it look even more mystical.

Lhaon – Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Sylvari here. I’ve been using mostly humans up to this point but I’ve recently decided that they’re sort of boring and usually look fat in heavy armor. I sort of wish this anet that goes back on it’s word will also look into race changers so I can make my human necro a sylvari.

This is my planned look for my revenant (with more exciting colors of course) if I’m still playing when the expansion comes out and you can see why I’m starting to like Sylvari:

Attachments:

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

(edited by Monoman.2068)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I was thinking Sylvari, but now I’m thinking of Asura.

Make the tiniest one I can and name her, Smallmedium Atlarge,

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

Norn, I need to expand my norn Tj Tjson/dottir familly
It will probably be female cause female’s are sexyyy

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’m gonna make a mursaat revenant and a human revenant that will be the evil doppelganger of my human guardian.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Only got one Charr and Sylvari.
However I want to make an awesome Knight, so Human it is.

I allready got an Asura warrior, whos gender doesn`t matter and a Norn female Guardian, which comes with the downside of oversexualized armor in many regards, where the armor for male just looks kitten imposing.

So yeah, Human Male it will be. maybe even shed out some money for the phalanx armor.

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Sylvari because I want a second Sylvari and the only other class I still lack, Thief, will be a human. P:

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I think a human Revenant wearing the “mystical” armor set (= Dervish armor) would look cool.

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I’m gonna make a mursaat revenant and a human revenant that will be the evil doppelganger of my human guardian.

Mursaat are not playable.

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Norn or Human, Norn because I can reach a Greek/Norse Zeus/Odin look which would look so cool with Revenant abilities. Human because of the Dervish/Ritualist aspect, so an exotic approach based on GW1 styles of Weapons and Armor in terms of Cantha and Elona.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Asuran most likely for me. Norn/Sylvari secondary. Already have 4 humans, 3 Charr, 3 Asura, 1 Norn, 1 Sylvari. Asura have probably the best weapon animations, which is the main reason. Gender won’t matter, since they use the same outfits.
Don’t really like the look of Sylvari, so that’ll probably be out (I do want to see if stuff is different, storywise, if playing as Sylvari. Norn don’t really interest me either.
And got enough humans, and Charr while cool concept, armor on them isn’t that appealing (though it would give me a male charr to get t3 armor for… :\).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Human. Because everyone worthwhile in GW’s past was human. Namely me. I’m going to channel my old toon.

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

Norn all the way, all the time

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

Norn all the way, all the time

#NornFamily

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Human Male. The other races don’t really interest me. Never liked Asura, I’ll never get over how most Sylvari aren’t old enough to drink or vote and I refuse to play children in any way shape or form, I don’t like the way Charr run on all fours unless you’ve got weapons unsheathed, I have a female Norn and Male Norn are very ugly to me.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Male Sylvari, if the Revanant armor leggings look at all good on them. I want to create a sort of dark elven character with added silver bioluminescence, and show a bit of skin. He’s supposed to be as close to my in-progress novel character as possible, and Revanants are the perfect class for the job.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Not sure. Depends on what the playstyle is. If its more magical than physical, I won’t bother.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Sylvari here. I’ve been using mostly humans up to this point but I’ve recently decided that they’re sort of boring and usually look fat in heavy armor. I sort of wish this anet that goes back on it’s word will also look into race changers so I can make my human necro a sylvari.

This is my planned look for my revenant (with more exciting colors of course) if I’m still playing when the expansion comes out and you can see why I’m starting to like Sylvari:

Very good looking character!

I would probably make a female charr Revenant. I play charr very little that I start to concern about it.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: BerriosC.7295

BerriosC.7295

I will be making a Male Human Revenant.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

To start: Female, Human

Humans are something I’m “comfortable” with, and as such helps to give me a better feel for the class itself when I’m playing. I have rolled a human female of every class, and will continue the trend with my first Revenent.

If I like the class, I will then look at other races that I might enjoy playing it as. I do not have a heavy Charr or Sylvari as yet, so that may factor into the decision when/if I opt to make an additional revenent.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Sylvari seems like a good choice, especially considering Rytlock’s opinion of them. Otherwise, I’d probably go with human (either) or norn (female). If it’s anything at all like a ritualist, I’d go with human female, and have her be a descendant of my Canthan rit from way back when.

If the Revenant had been a light armor class I would have absolutely gone Sylvari, but since it’s heavy, I’m leaning human (as if I need anymore).

I’m thinking along the same vein as you, with having a Revenant that serves as a descendant to my GW1 Ritualist. My Guardian already carries part of my Monk’s name. Time to give my second favorite class from the original some love this time around.

Granted, I have yet to make a charr, so maybe I should do that. I’m the weird sort of person that designs charr all the time in character creation, yet I haven’t fallen inlove with any particular class for them so far.

Given the history of GW1—I created a black human female named Kormir (and will dress her appropriately)—and play/act as best I can to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4

Hahaha, I remember that video! ……… I really didn’t like Kormir. I dont even like unlocking “Prayer to Kormir” because I can’t bring myself to use it on principle. I would have rather ANY of my other heroes have taken Abaddon’s place than her.

Kormir: “Give me your prayers that I might bless thee!”
My Monk: “Are you serious this time? Because when you were human you had this habit of standing in ridiculous places so that you would die faster than Talhkora and Dunkoro could possibly heal you.”
Kormir: “PRAY TO ME.”
My Monk: “… You know, I’ll just take my chances. If I die, I’ll go play Telestrations with the Lich.”

My apologies, back on topic.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Sylvari female of course… Just like 50% of my other characters (1 of each race, then all others are Sylvari). Sylvari are the best

Posted by: Johnny Boi.4980

Johnny Boi.4980

Mine will be a male charr: because charr are my second favourite race as opposed to sylvari (which I have four of lol, and one of everything else). My one other charr is an engi and I love heavy armour on charr, so that’s another reason. But it won’t be a Rytlock copy, I want it to look like a snow leopard! My engi is a bengal tiger

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

male sylvari revenant with special swamp-ponytail from total makeover kit.

he won’t be stick-sylvari (thin) he will be bigger and muscular than your usual stick-physicue sylvari. i don’t know why people make those…
so he will be a bit manlier. note that revenants wear plate. and plate looks bad on charrs. (kek)

another reason, sylvari are actually evil minions of mordremoth(!), so, obviously

this hairstyle in the middle

Attachments:

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I know I want a female, because I don’t have a female heavy armor user. But I already have a human female, as well as a Sylvari. Norn females barely look female in the first place (I follow the Spirit of the Roids and Growth Hormones). And you don’t get female armor with Charr and Asura… or even decent, fitting, sensible, visibly pleasing armor in most cases…

:-/

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Gonna sacrifice my human warrior in the name of the Revenant

Posted by: GHannes.6407

GHannes.6407

Either Charr or Asura female, because I don’t have that combination yet and I don’t have a heavy (or medium) class Charr or Asura (Charr male ele and Asura male mesmer).

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I was going to go with Human male as I don’t have one of them yet. However now that I read the latest blog posts I’m thinking Sylvari male (again) because it seems we’ll be playing more at night time which should make the glow pretty cool. So, that means I’ll have the following

Revenant – Sylvari male
Necromancer – Sylvari male
Mesmer – Sylvari female
Warrior – Norn male
Guardian – Norn female
Elementalist – Norn female
Ranger – Human female
Necromancer – Human female
Thief – Charr male
Engineer – Asura male

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

(edited by Invictus.1503)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I finally have the race picked out (Sylvari, because of the glow) but the name is a different matter. I have 4 possible names picked out and I like them all.

The life of an altaholic is a difficult one. ;(

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I’ll probably make it a human, because I don’t have a human yet.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

As a Charr, I accepted Rytlock as my personal lord and savior along time ago. (Praise be)
And as such I will continue to follow in the hallowed footsteps of the great and powerful Rytlock! (On my Charr)

Posted by: DoIKnowYou.3896

DoIKnowYou.3896

Since I hate how clunky norn is, I already have a char, an asura, and a human, I think I’m going Sylvari. I am probably gonna go t3 cultural armor because it looks so fancy. I already made my toon, and he is in the theme of black and red, just like the concept art

Active Gw2 member who is ready to venture into the jungle! :)

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

Female Norn all the way!

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I have a human guardian named Sebastian Lacroix. He was my first lvl 80 toon and he has blonde hair and golden armor.

Then I made a human warrior named Dark Sebastian, an exact copy of Sebastian Lacroix but with black hair and black armor (you might already see where I’m going with this).

My 1st revenant will be a human revenant named Legendary Sebastian, an exact copy of Sebastian Lacroix but with white hair and white armor.

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Originally, I was locked on the idea of Asura because I have not yet played a Heavy Armor Asura, but with all that fuzz about sylvari, I might jump ship to them. If only I could play as an evil dragon minion Sylvari, oh god…. my body is not ready. Of course it wont happen :P

banished from time and space

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Eh. After 3 Sylvari, 2 Asura, and one of everything else … I honestly don’t know. Guess I’ll decide once the expac’s on my comp.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: Brycar.2651

Brycar.2651

Considering Norn female with a Raven spirit guide. In the Norn personal story they do visit the mists.

Or a human female “nun” of the six using the Arcane outfit.

Attachments:

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I will have two. One human and either a Norn or Sylvari.

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

I will have sylvari and I am debating a human or Norn. In fact I need help deciding, any suggestions? My human would be the descendant of my gw1 character and my Norn would be an owl shaman.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Mine will be a male charr.
Reason?
I played a male charr during beta (thief), but I got annoyed with the clipping, the running animation and the overall stretching out of the armor. It simply looked better on the other races, and I started to love the aesthetic of the sylvari.

Recently however I made a male charr warrior and started RP’ing on him. Found some well-fitting armor and remembered what I liked so much about the charr in the first place. The voice, the lore, their personal story (seriously they do have the best dialogue imo) and god their emotes are great… So for now, warrior. Later a revenant.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

I’m going to make a bakeneko revenant (aka female charr).

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Definitely a Norn. The legends aligned with her would be a constant challenge, to meet in skill and deeds. Plus I love Norn with all my heart. <3

Posted by: Wizler.8192

Wizler.8192

I’d probably go with human… If it’s anything at all like a ritualist, I’d go with human female, and have her be a descendant of my Canthan rit from way back when.

Similar to my idea. I want to create a human female with an asian look and a backstory that ties with my Canthan ritualist. I have name that sounds exotic and foreign (to me).

Setting RPG aside, I’m tempted to go with Asura because they are my favorite. But I already have 4 Asura and only one of each other race.

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Charr… because Charr heavy racial armors are nifty.