dear Revenants, stay out of Maguuma

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

A bunch of people trying to learn the mechanics of a new, difficult fight can be fun, but a bunch of people trying to learn the mechanics of a new, difficult fight while being sandbagged by a bunch of people trying to learn a new class at the same time isn’t going to be. If the expansion has any Tequatl or Marionette style fights wherein players must show at least some semblance of skill, all the newly power-leveled Revenants are going to make the first few days of that fight very frustrating experience.

So I hereby request all new Revenants show a little respect for their fellow Tyrians and learn their class before diving into the new, supposedly-more challenging group content.

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

Now they’re going to do it just to spite you.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Now you know this isn’t going to happen. If it is truly a concern and not either a “funny” or “trolling” thread then you should probably wait a few weeks before going there yourself. Spend the time learning your new Specialization instead.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Oh, im going to be going into maguuma, I’m a fast learner, give me atleast 15 minutes with revenant, and ill have the class down.

Proud TTS member

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

The whole point is that its going to be new, and immersive. I get to experience new zones, with new content, with a new profession. Its going to feel like day 1 of GW2 all over again. That opportunity doesn’t appear often in games. For this reason, I will have to sacrifice your enjoyment at the beginning of HoT, so I can have mine.

Your request has been politely declined.

(and you never know. I could end up getting a grip on Revenant pretty quickly, and helping you take down all the new bosses and events. If thats the case, we can all be happy.)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I have 240 Tomes and just as many skill point scrolls. I’ll see you in the jungle on my rev. 20 minutes after downloading the x-pac! Yay!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gnar.8463

Gnar.8463

Hands down, most people spam that ranged autoattack during worldboss events anyway while they are browsing reddit, so it won’t make any difference if they do it on a revenant or the class that they played for yers.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

If I hadn’t already be planning on doing it, I would do it now.
I can be a petty kitten if I want to >:-D

Edit: Wow. So I can’t even reference a child out of wedlock now? Stupid profanity filter…^^

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Because classes in this game are so difficult to play, right?

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Thank you for the invitation!

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

Dear fellow player,

No.

- The Revenants.

Posted by: Sengel.7801

Sengel.7801

So we’re pulling the whole “it’s new so they must suck” thing again? Didn’t that happen with the assassin? How about hey let’s explore this new open world place together and not be kittens about it.

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

The best part is still, that…

Expansion isnt even out yet… and also nowhere close to be released…

And by the time it comes… ’’invitations’’ like these, will be buried…

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i’d like to remind you that we saw a dev play revenant blindfolded (and with no audio) and still succeed at killing veteran mobs by bashing random skills.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Oh, im going to be going into maguuma, I’m a fast learner, give me atleast 15 minutes with revenant, and ill have the class down.

That’s what all the light blue defeated icons say…

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

i’d like to remind you that we saw a dev play revenant blindfolded (and with no audio) and still succeed at killing veteran mobs by bashing random skills.

He did that approximately once and killed one veteran, which wasn’t even targeting him, judging by the fact he took almost no damage.

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Since when has a min-maxed optimized build and rotation been necessary for any open world event?

What a joke thread.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

People will spend money to get expansion. They are buying content just like you.
Which means you have no right od telling people what to do. If you have a problem with players going to new content due to “lack of skill” with the class. It is your problem and you can fix it by not going to the new areas yourself.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I’m a fast learner, give me atleast 15 minutes with revenant, and ill have the class downed.

FTFY

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The OP has a point. Not that I think he should be telling people what to do, but if this is more difficult content, and everyone and their brother is on a revenant, then people could easily prejudge the new zone based on the fact that we can’t do content, because so many people aren’t playing the professions they know.

There are people who as of this very minute find the Silverwastes too hard. I’ve seen the Breech event fail too often for me to believe that people on new revenants won’t muck up the entire zone event segment.

Unfortunately there are plenty of people out there who fail a few times and walk away…and that’s not really good for anyone.

I plan on leveling a Revenant immediately but I’ll be taking my mains into the new zones.

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

No body is going to know the content, why does it matter if nobody knows their classes?
It won’t be like bringing an underlevel to a dungeon. There are going to be no experts, class or content-wise. Everyone will be fumbling around.
If someone had enough Tomes to insta-80 a Rev (which I cannot wait to do to mine), I’d trust that they have enough in-game experience to handle their class… or they play a lot of PvP.

Chances are, everyone and their grandmother is going to be in Maguuma, stock class or not. I’ll be playing my Rev in the regular game for the first week or so, maybe stopping in on one of my other characters. Gunna wait for the crowd to die a bit to save me some frames.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

(edited by DocZed.6973)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Since when has a min-maxed optimized build and rotation been necessary for any open world event?

When the majority of the participants aren’t pulling their own weight.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

OP, I’ll put your request on my list of things to consider. and then ignore if it doesn’t suit me.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Just for that, I’m going to be out there within minutes of launch (however long it takes to install, create, and boost to 80).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Even though I’m on TC now, I’ll always have the #MagSwag. I would like to see that server reborn after we all left, so please don’t tell people not to play there. I would encourage more people to transfer in and give Maguuma a chance. We were the #1 NA server in terms of skill for a long long time. So I say, Revenants, transfer to Maguuma and have fun!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

Even though I’m on TC now, I’ll always have the #MagSwag. I would like to see that server reborn after we all left, so please don’t tell people not to play there. I would encourage more people to transfer in and give Maguuma a chance. We were the #1 NA server in terms of skill for a long long time. So I say, Revenants, transfer to Maguuma and have fun!

I think they mean the physical location rather than the server.
Unless your joking. Then 7/10. Made me reply.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

(edited by DocZed.6973)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I believe that Maguuma’s location is currently the bottom of Tier 5. That’s even more reason why more people should transfer there and give them a chance, regardless if you play a Revenant or not.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Won’t the fact that nobody knows how to play Revenant yet be balanced by the fact that events will be mobbed by a ridiculously big, launch-day zerg?

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Won’t the fact that nobody knows how to play Revenant yet be balanced by the fact that events will be mobbed by a ridiculously big, launch-day zerg?

No way, Revenant players will ruin everything because auto-attacking PvE content like everybody else is too challenging.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I think if a powerleveled revenant has all his available weapons with him and armour both exotic he won’t have to be much of a sandbag.
But he really should bring all his weapons because otherwise he will be limited in his builds and has a limited learning possiblities, which can lead to them becomming a sandbag. But offcourse they are free to join us in learning all the new mechanics in the Maguuma Jungle.

For those who want to complain about needing to have all weapons, Yes I have 2 rifles, 3 pistols, a shield and a harpoon gun all equiped with the necessary sigils for my main Engineer.

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I’ll have to say no to that, too.

I’ve played the game long enough and with enough classes and build varieties to know that I’ll be able to “master” the Revenant within an hour. The class itself doesn’t look so confusing that you’ll see many of them failing to play because of a lack of skill.

You’ve got to remember that most of the people that will have enough tomes to instantly get to 80 will have at least played for long enough to know not to stand in AoE and to use some skills other than spamming 1.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Yup. See y’all in the jungles!

Vayne.8563

All these people “mastering” classes within an hour make me laugh. Most people think they’re great drivers too.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I wonder how many will friend OP just so they can stay close to him in the new maps so he can protect their new Revenant? ^^

psizone.8437

All these people “mastering” classes within an hour make me laugh. Most people think they’re great drivers too.

As one that said that, I did put it in quotation marks to imply mastering it in a dulled down sense.

I merely mean that within the hour I’ll be able to use the class mechanics, the skills and weapons with ease and be able to go into the jungle or WvW and be able to fight like normal.

Actually mastering the class to the fullest with combos and having a proper skill rotation takes weeks.

Vayne.8563

As one that said that, I did put it in quotation marks to imply mastering it in a dulled down sense.

I merely mean that within the hour I’ll be able to use the class mechanics, the skills and weapons with ease and be able to go into the jungle or WvW and be able to fight like normal.

Actually mastering the class to the fullest with combos and having a proper skill rotation takes weeks.

You’re not the only one who said it, though. I didn’t mean to single you out. Sorry if it came across that way.

psizone.8437

You’re not the only one who said it, though. I didn’t mean to single you out. Sorry if it came across that way.

Not at all! It was just since I was the latest person to use the term before your comment, I felt I should at least clarify what I meant slightly.

Morsus.5106

To be fair though, you don’t have to be good to win fights like Tequatl, you just need to be in the right place at the right time.

Vayne.8563

Not at all! It was just since I was the latest person to use the term before your comment, I felt I should at least clarify what I meant slightly.

Yeah I saw the quotes in your post. That’s why I didn’t actually quote you, I was replying more generally.

What I’ve noticed in general is that people who often think they’re the best are worse than they think. People who think they are pretty good but could be better are often better than they think.

That’s obviously a huge generality with exceptions, but it’s been my experience. I suspect that our initial foray into the new zone will be complicated by a lot of people who think they’re better at playing than they actually are.

But I don’t think a post on the forums is going to stop that from happening anyway.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I wonder how many will friend OP just so they can stay close to him in the new maps so he can protect their new Revenant? ^^

Sounds good ! >:)

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

darkace no offense but they can do whatever they want whether you like it or not

as far as “learning a new profession” GW2 isn’t rocket science, look at your tooltips, look at the cooldowns, and look at how your abilities behave on the field, it takes literally maybe an hour or two to get a good handle on any profession everything is pretty modular with each other..

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i will learn all i need in the beta

Morsus.5106

I hadn’t even thought of that ’till now. How ’bout we all just roll Revenant and run around Maguuma zerging everything!

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

What I read was:

Please instant level to 20 then use 60 tomes of knowledge to instantly level to 80, have no equipment or gear prepared up, and head on out to Maguuma instantly and sit around and let others do the hard work for me.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

And now for a more … diplomatic … version of the first post.

For anyone planning to insta-80 a Revenant, may I make a small suggestion? Please remember that you can blow through the personal story up to Clawr Island and get three Black Lion Keys for it. It will net you those three keys, and give you a chance to get a feel for what you do and don’t like about the new class. Yes, you can bring all the weapons and some spare armor with you to Maguuma, but there’s going to be entirely new loot to collect there, and inventory space will be very precious indeed.

Three keys, and a chance to narrow down the list of items you carry with you into the new zone.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Morsus.5106

What I read was:

Please instant level to 20 then use 60 tomes of knowledge to instantly level to 80, have no equipment or gear prepared up, and head on out to Maguuma instantly and sit around and let others do the hard work for me.

Psssh, the free gear you get as a level up reward will be enough for level 80 endgame zones.

psizone.8437

Psssh, the free gear you get as a level up reward will be enough for level 80 endgame zones.

You don’t get a full set of exotics with the stats you may need through the level up rewards.

It’s good for general PvE, but this is meant as an “Endgame” zone as you said so you’ll want to have the right gear and the best gear you can afford.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

If they level up right and don’t skip with tomes there won’t be any problem.

What with tomes existing, there are gonna be a ton of trashbag revs at first.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

To be fair though, you don’t have to be good to win fights like Tequatl, you just need to be in the right place at the right time.

True but you are assuming all fights will be like Taco and not slightly more difficult supposedly due to the new AI consultant.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

A bunch of people trying to learn the mechanics of a new, difficult fight can be fun, but a bunch of people trying to learn the mechanics of a new, difficult fight while being sandbagged by a bunch of people trying to learn a new class at the same time isn’t going to be. If the expansion has any Tequatl or Marionette style fights wherein players must show at least some semblance of skill, all the newly power-leveled Revenants are going to make the first few days of that fight very frustrating experience.

So I hereby request all new Revenants show a little respect for their fellow Tyrians and learn their class before diving into the new, supposedly-more challenging group content.

How about you show a little respect for the people who bought the same game you did?

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast