email not registering for HOT mailing list?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: thejoedude.3465

thejoedude.3465

i tried to register my email for the hot mailing list, and i managed to get my secondary spam email to register and get the confirmation email, but i tried to register my main email that i actually check and it would not receive the email from anet… any help?

Posted by: thejoedude.3465

thejoedude.3465

Also, when i got the confirmation email is it supposed to take me back to guildwars2.com with no message or is it supposed to give me a message somehow telling me i registered my email right?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I haven’t heard we’re having issues with that, but I’ll get back to you after I’m able to discuss with the team member who knows the most about this.

I’m glad you were able to sign up with the alternate, but we’d like to hit your main mail, as you requested, so we’ll investigate and answer both your questions.

Thanks for the report.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

I am having the same problem I have checked all my folders for my email but there is nothing.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I have the same problem nonreply@ guildwars2.com and guildwars2@ ncsoft.com are both in my safe sender list and today and yesterday I received a message from thoses adresses. It might be that it is a problem connected to the delay on receiving your gamekey from buyguildwars2.

Posted by: Koven Acris.5236

Koven Acris.5236

Same problem here

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

Same problem here. Tried various emails addresses and no one got the confirmation email.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

yup, also also had the problem

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I have this problem as well…

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Could one of the problems be if you’re already registered to receive e-mails about Guild Wars 2 itself and trying to register to receive e-mails about GW2: HoT. People could be trying to do that, even though if you are already getting e-mails you should be considered signed up to receive e-mails about GW2: HoT.

Posted by: pudin.8735

pudin.8735

Same problem here…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was wondering about that, Zaklex. An issue with my Mozilla Thunderbird is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to create or access a spam folder. Spam just vanishes from my ken on all but my main email. So I’ve added the GW2 email to my address book but I don’t know if my sub went through, or if I’m already subscribed via my current GW2 account.

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

same problem here too

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Could one of the problems be if you’re already registered to receive e-mails about Guild Wars 2 itself and trying to register to receive e-mails about GW2: HoT. People could be trying to do that, even though if you are already getting e-mails you should be considered signed up to receive e-mails about GW2: HoT.

^^ it’s probably this.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

I’d say it’s either 34,95 or 39,95 in € and $, and a bit less in £. maybe it will include a “free” character slot, but maybe that’s only in the “ultimate, heroic, collectors, deluxe edition”, that they will most certainly sell to, for around 50-60 $/€, along with a bunch of goofy cash shop items like, a mini, boosts, bank express and so on.

oh, and lets not forget the bundle edition that contains the main game as well as the expansion. (ca.50 €/$)

to me that’s all fine giving that we still now very little about the actual size of the add-on. so lets hold on with the Anet bashing for a while.

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

sorry, wrong topic. pleas delete my post above.
but note that i have the same issue with the mailing list ;-)

Posted by: Plokine.3729

Plokine.3729

Hi,

same issue here : I don’t receive any confirmation email, whereas the email I use is the one registered on this forum, and I receive correctly the confirmation emails for connecting on this forum, for example.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m checking with our newsletter expert on this.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’ve tried 3 times now too, not getting anything.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

Tried twice now with no luck

Posted by: Maran.6091

Maran.6091

I think it’s because we already are on Guild Wars 2 newsletter list!!!!

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I think it’s because we already are on Guild Wars 2 newsletter list!!!!

Is that why? I get emails from Anet already and can’t sign up for HoT, so that would be a good explanation.

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

Having same issue, not getting any emails from anet, no confirmation or anything.

Posted by: OpLickem.8250

OpLickem.8250

I have been having the same issue. Submitting my email address and not receiving any confirmation emails. (The same address as I use for GW2).

I’ve been wondering if it’s because I’m already subscribed but I have not been receiving newsletters for GW2 on that account, either. I rely on visiting the website to get news for GW2. I did, however, manage to subscribe using an alternate email.

Bloodcovered Backstabbin’ Blackjack the Blade, at your service.

Posted by: nickcosta.8256

nickcosta.8256

same problem here, not receiving any confirmation e-mail and nothing in the spam inbox or anywhere else.
I tried to subscribe 3 times

Gandara (TAC)
15chars

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

Issue still ongoing for me. Tell us if we can do anything to help you reproduce it.

Posted by: Bartender.1674

Bartender.1674

Thought I’d bump this as the problem still exists (at least for me)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Still not getting an email when registering.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I also have not received a confirmation email.

Posted by: bird.5920

bird.5920

I have used two emails and have not gotten confirmation on either of those after multiple attempts. Just adding my name to the roster!

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

I tell it to register to my email address, but it says to check my email for the confirmation, but it never comes. Yes I checked my spam folder. Tried it several times with no success ;_;

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: Arche.7326

Arche.7326

Profiled, can’t get it to work. Sadly.

Gee, thanks, you let the reaper out of the basement.

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

same issue here

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

Posted by: Syione.3046

Syione.3046

Add one more to the list. But I wonder if the whole "we’re already on the mailing list " isn’t a thing.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Same here, registered both my gmail and hotmail, checked spam and trash and such, added them to the rules. Neither of the two is receiving a confirmation mail

Posted by: Gandalf.3516

Gandalf.3516

Registered. Never got an email.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

o glad I wasnt the only one with this issue, I “registered” on multiple emails multiple times over the last week and didnt see anything.

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Yeah exact same problem with me, I have gotten news in the past from GW2 regarding Living World updates, but I wasn’t sure if I needed to sign up to HoT separately, I have tried multiple times and I never get any emails

Posted by: Mahonriancur.9462

Mahonriancur.9462

I have having the same issue. I have tried twice and nothing. I have already added the email months ago and never had an issue until now.

Posted by: Jim.4935

Jim.4935

I’m having this issue too.. :/

Posted by: goldnuggets.7189

goldnuggets.7189

i actually had to have them change the email on my account from hotmail to yahoo just so i could receive their emails….

you should do all the steps here first though

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/64124056-Problems-Receiving-Guild-Wars-2-E-mails

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Costumer support responses i always get BUT gw2 news i haven’t gotten for a while. I remember every time new item come in TP, I got a mail in the past, but not the recent months. Could that be in issue? I never signed off on the newsletter. I also often check spam folder, and gw2 is never in it (apart from those pishing mails).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Chista.4750

Chista.4750

I have the exact same issue. I am signed in to the regular news letter and have received those in the past.

I have tried to sign up to receive a confirmation letter on several separate occasions on 3 different browsers, (Chrome, FF and in a desperate grab IE). I have considered it might be because my email is doesnt have one of the most popular @somethingorothers but that doesnt really make sense as it should give an error if the email is considered invalid… Unsupported scripts should be ruled out over the different browsers I tried.

Can’t really imagine it’s anything but a server side thing, perhaps a conflict with our current signups to the regular newsletter (I dare blatantly presume these are separate newsletters… some people don’t enjoy “keeping posted” as it taints their view going into an expansion.) Even so I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Posted by: Bartender.1674

Bartender.1674

Bumping this since the issue has apparently not been resolved.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

You have to register with a non-hotmail account. I tried multiple times with my GW2 address (hotmail), never got anything. Now I just tried with my professional address… Within 5 secondes I got the confirmation!

So I decided to try again with my GW2 address, right after I got the confirmation and… Nothing.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

(edited by VergilDeZaniah.3295)

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

Bumping this because I too can’t register neither of my emails (both gmail).
It doesn’t even go to spam.

Chista.4750

Bumping. With betas reportedly being soon, I hope this issue will be resolved before we miss out =(

I took all the suggested steps to resolve possible issues and I’m assuming you’ll have to use an email that has an account linked to it to even optionally be considered for betas =( If the only problem is me receiving mails I am probably in the list over 40 times by now…

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Bumping. With betas reportedly being soon, I hope this issue will be resolved before we miss out =(

I took all the suggested steps to resolve possible issues and I’m assuming you’ll have to use an email that has an account linked to it to even optionally be considered for betas =( If the only problem is me receiving mails I am probably in the list over 40 times by now…

heh. Yeah, same here. I have tried several times and can’t seem to get it to work. I managed to get into the factions beta some years back, though I don’t know how I managed that. Arena Net was much smaller then though.

Chista.4750

heh. Yeah, same here. I have tried several times and can’t seem to get it to work. I managed to get into the factions beta some years back, though I don’t know how I managed that. Arena Net was much smaller then though.

Probably by having a certain amount of time spent weekly on GW1. One of the important things for beta tester selection is that the tester has enough time to actually test stuff, that and not being likely to trumpet out any new bit of info they uncover just in case it gets changed, though that second thing is generally what NDAs are for.

As far as I can make out, the problem seems to be mostly with hotmail gmail live and other google or microsoft based adresses. I’m not sure if anyone with a live or hotmail managed to get a signup mail, but if they did i’d really like to know about it so that I can be sure it’s not purely where I have my email. I tried to sign up immediately after the HoT site was announced though, so unless microsoft didnt like the sudden influx of emails sent by anet and decided to block mails from there or some other such weird occurance… I am fully out of ideas on how this can be fixed from my side.

Chista.4750

I have started a chain of communications with microsoft regarding this issue, so far I have been presented with this workaround for e-mail adresses that use outlook.com:

1. Log in to your account in Outlook.com.
2. On the Outlook.com page, click the gear icon on the upper part and select ‘Manage rules’.
3. Under ‘Rules for sorting new messages’, click ‘New’.
4. Under ‘Create rule’ enter the following.
When an email matches
First box: Sender contains
Second box: (email address of sender)

Do the following
First box: Move to
Second box: Inbox

5. Click ‘Create rule’.

This does not work for me (I tried). It might, however, be worth trying out for some of you guys. Basically this rule prevents e-mail from @NCsoft (or however you want to input it in the rule) from going to folders other than your inbox.

correspondence proceeds. I will keep people posted if a solution is reached from microsoft’s end.