use of the serial key

use of the serial key

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gildersleeve.4792

Gildersleeve.4792

Q:

So I have this shiny new HoT serial key # but have, so far, no place to use it. I purchased and downloaded (I hope) the entire new package: new? base game and HoT. Took a LONG time. My characters and stats all okay. Beta revenant created ok, but in the regular character slots I get ‘purchase HoT to use create a revenant’ message.
But I did ..
So are we waiting for 10/23 and full release to use our key and get actual access to HoT content/character creation or did I miss something in my install and set-up?
Hope this isn’t a too redundant question.
Thanks,
Gildersleeve

use of the serial key

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

A:

Can not use normal character slot to create Revenant yet. You can only make Revenant in beta during beta event. Will get full HoT access when it release on 23rd.

;)

use of the serial key

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Yes, you will have to wait until the 23rd to play a Revenant on your main account, you can only currently access it for the beta.

use of the serial key

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

Not sure if you’re wondering where to use the serial key or if you can create a revenant?

For the first one go to https://account.arena.net/
As for the second, you can’t create a revenant until the expansion is released. You can only create Beta character revenants as of right now.

use of the serial key

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yes and yes you can only use revenant in the beta slot atm since its beta weekend.

And revenant will get released 23/10-2015 so why should you be able to create one in your base game slots mate that makes no sence

use of the serial key

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

EDIT: Forget what I said below, missed that you’d made a beta revenant already. Other people already have the answers here.

As Vegetation said, go to https://account.arena.net/ and log in (top right) if it doesn’t automatically do that. You should see a button on the right that says “REDEEM A CODE.” Put your serial code in there, and then the next time you log in to the game, you should see the beta character slots, and if you got the deluxe or ultimate, something in the mail with the items.

You didn’t actually have to redownload the game, I’m sorry to say that was just a waste of time. All you needed to do was apply the code to your account.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/

(edited by MasterJediSoda.5926)

use of the serial key

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

OP does not need apply key again since said they made beta Revenant then OP already has HoT and key applied.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

use of the serial key

Posted by: Gildersleeve.4792

Gildersleeve.4792

Ok, thanks for the replies:
It would have been nice if the directions had been more clear as to what do do with the key. All I remember seeing was something to the effect of “you don’t need to do anything more”. Which I guess was true, just confusing. I guess a whole fresh install didn’t hurt anything. Just wasted a bunch of time and now I’ve got to decide if I can remove the old install without compromising the new one. (100 MB vs 50 MB of file space).

No, I wouldn’t have expected to be able to use a regular slot for HoT content. Mostly my confusion was about what was available NOW and what I was gonna have to wait for. Looks like wait for everything except some minor beta tinkering. Which also makes sense but was just unclear.

Linken, thanks for your reply. I’d like you to take a moment and think back to a time when you were confused about something in a game or otherwise and asked for help understanding it.

Take care