Another lesbian relationship?

in Lore

Posted by: Mortifact.3102

Mortifact.3102

Alright, let me start this topic by saying that I am gay and I am all about putting LGBT characters in gaming. That being said, with the recent confirmation in the living story livestream that Marjory and Kas are a “love story” I’m beginning to question Anet’s motives. Faolain and Caithe were good characters, and I loved that an LGBT relationship was such an important part of the main story in GW2, but by adding another lesbian relationship to the “biconics” as well as the “iconics” I’m starting to think Anet is just doing it because girl on girl is hot. The only other relationship we have really seen in a major part of the game is Logan and Queen Jenna, and even then they don’t have 10% of the flirting that the 2 lesbian pairings do. Am I alone in thinking like this?

in Lore

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

The relationship between Logan and Jennah is kind of a unique one, since they are in the public eye a LOT. So they subdue their interactions, as far as we’ve seen.

I haven’t gotten any feeling that the two lesbian relationships that you mention are done for the sake of being ‘hot.’ I think it’s actually refreshing and nice that Kas/Jory are a little more open about their flirting; it makes them feel a little more real.

We’ve also seen other hetero relationships in the books. And I remember at least a few occasions of playful flirting there.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And this is a great example as to why this might be a good thing.

Had it been two hetro relationships you wouldn’t even be bothered about it. But for some reason you have an issue with it because it is a kitten -relationship.

There are loads of all kinds of relationships in the game, but people does seem to overlook the “normal” (in lack of better word) relationships.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: NinjaChris.9340

NinjaChris.9340

+1 on what Psynch said.

In terms of Faolain and Caithe, keep in mind that gender distinction with Sylvari are almost arbitrary, since a: the relationship is never sexual and b: gender roles are not present in sylvaren society, as there is no difference between genders (as far as we know). Introducing “genders” to the Sylvari was basically just to make the race feel a bt more familiar.

That being said, I remember there being a male on male relationship in the sylvaren personal story. It wasn’t major, but it drove the point home that Sylvari don’t distinguish between genders.

Also keep in mind that it’s hard to write characters of a different orientation. I’m not sure how many homosexual males are on the writing team, but my guess is little to none. We could have an offensively flamboyant gay relationship in the game, but that would be no good either.
A bit of implicit chatter between two women is easier to write and easier for the mostly young and mostly male audience to enjoy.

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Logan with Jennah is another lesbian relationship tb

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

I never watch the livestreams. But….I knew it! Majory & Kasmeer. They make an adorable couple. Also, Lol +1 @ Rym.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

In terms of Faolain and Caithe, keep in mind that gender distinction with Sylvari are almost arbitrary, since a: the relationship is never sexual and b: gender roles are not present in sylvaren society, as there is no difference between genders (as far as we know). Introducing “genders” to the Sylvari was basically just to make the race feel a bt more familiar.

From what I remember of the old dev posts and interviews, the Sylvari do have genitalia, and they do engage in sex as well.

in Lore

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

From what I remember of the old dev posts and interviews, the Sylvari do have genitalia, and they do engage in sex as well.

With this revelation, if my Sylvari does not have a flower for a v’jay I will be very upset.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Exactly what lordkrall said.
We live in a very heterosexually oriented world and it is never an issue/noticed when heterosexual relationships are made prevalent because we simply expect it.
GW2 is hardly saturated in homosexuality and honestly it’s really really refreshing to have a game reflect an even slightly more even representation of the world and the diverse relationships that can be found within it.

The fact that you yourself are gay is hardly relevant (I am too!), but I do think it provides a good example as to exactly WHY this is a good thing. GW2 is managing to NOT marginalise homosexual relationships and as such it does make them a little bit more noticeable – but that is something to embrace not chastise. When people STOP noticing either homosexual or heterosexual relationships in game THEN we have gotten somewhere good. Until then, keep up the amazing work Anet – Majory and Kas have a very interesting dynamic going and I’m curious to see where the story leads.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t think they are doing it because it’s hot (although I won’t deny Kasmeer is sold as the very sexual side kick to Marjory, had Marjory been male that would likely have been a major drama, then again, Marjory’s voice actor comes off as sensual/seductive in that noir style) but because one of the writers has a bias towards writing those characters. This particular gender pairing might be underrepresented in general fiction, to see it not only equally represented (when in reality it is far less) and arguable more represented when you consider prominence (it’s like arguing that 50% of a company’s employees are female and thus there is no gender discrimination but conveniently ignoring that only one of their ten board members is female – context matters), that’s a writer’s bias in story choices imo.

I thought Caithe and Faolain were a good way to explore love and the concept of a life partner as it is perceived by the sylvari (Destiny’s Edge are iconic – almost caricatures – of their respective races and are used to define the races). I still don’t know if it traditionally falls into the definition of a lesbian relationship, but it’s certainly the same territory.

Jennah and Logan’s relationship is relevant to explore in Tyria because they are both prominent public figures, their relationship has had demonstrated consequences for Desinty’s Edge and possible consequences as far as the royal line goes. When the story spends time with them, I don’t mind because it’s not some writer’s Mary Sue romance going on or a token attempt to represent a minority in a story, it’s another dimension to Tyrian politics.

Marjory and Kasmeer? I am wary of why this relationship is so prominent in the Living Story. It’s more prominent than Mhenlo and Cynn ever were (that was primarily a side joke, used sparingly for comic effect) but probably less prominent than Gwen and Thackeray (I personally consider their relationship one of the lowest points for GW:Beyond, it was painful and boring to play through and took Gwen from being a great character to being an annoying one).

I don’t think the gender of their coupling matters in this relationship beyond the cynicism that a writer has a bias and will selectively tell this story above others. I do think it matters that this particular relationship doesn’t expand on the story being told. One of the devs commented on the recent live stream, in response to a question about sylvari bias, that they make choices that fit well in the story they are trying to tell. I can buy that as an explanation for why Scarlet and Canach are both sylvari and the primary villains so far (ignoring Mai Trinn) but I don’t believe they follow that rule when it comes to the Living Story cast.

@lordkrall you have a talent for missing the context and reconstructing what was said to conveniently frame the argument as a straw man with a politically correct template to condemn it with. Mortifact identifies as a gay person (a pre-emptive truthful defense to being accused of homophobia I suspect, shouldn’t be necessary to make this point) and frames his/her position as believing that the writers are exploiting this gender pairing for its sex appeal and not because it was a story choice with its own integrity (I don’t believe this is the intention of the writer but I do genuinely believe this was a strong part of its popularity after the “naked Kasmeer” posts started popping up, most people didn’t care about curtains or affectionate dialogue, people loved the naked mesmer and receptive necromancer).

I think their relationship has been given too much prominence in the story so far, but compare it to the “bromance” between Rox and Braham. Their relationship is not romantic but it is given similar prominence as a way of getting to know these characters. I enjoy that as an attempt to add depth to those two characters and can view the romance between Marjory and Kasmeer as a similar attempt (they said the Living Story is supposed to model a TV show, romance is usually a part of that).

@NinjaChris my understanding of how to write a pairing of any orientation is that you write them all the same. They are characters before they are a pairing (something that Marjory and Kasmeer are in danger of becoming).

tl:dr I think they definitely come off as sexualised individuals but I think their pairing is incidental (from that perspective, I don’t think it’s a coincidence they are lesbians). I’m fine with them being in the story but as an individual I dislike romance in general, it’s either relevant to the plot or it shouldn’t be in the story at all, especially in an MMO about slaying dragons.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would say that the pain of loss is a very good opportunity in the coming chapters, and that will be much stronger if there is an actual partnership between the two characters, and there are already hints that something will happen to Kasmeer.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I would say that the pain of loss is a very good opportunity in the coming chapters, and that will be much stronger if there is an actual partnership between the two characters, and there are already hints that something will happen to Kasmeer.

It’s anet, when you start to like a character, they kill the character off.

in Lore

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Personally I don’t really like or care about the characters enough to care about their romance. Their “romance” started really quickly and without much trepidation, and the backdrop in front of which the romance undermines it(because it’s rubbish). They’re just two attractive people who are flirting with each other; it feels flat to me. Maybe it’s just because the story hasn’t finished yet, but most of the other relationships in the game have more oomph to them simply because there’s more going on in them. Logan and the Queen has the seperation in duty aspect, Caithe and Faolain has Faolain trying to WOLLOLO Caithe to the Nightmare, and Snaff/Kudu/Zojja is a love triangle but i dunno if thats canon.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It feels more like blatant fan-service to me.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

NinjaChris.9340

Feel free to link to those blog posts you’re speaking of.

This is from before the game released:
“Do sylvari have romantic relationships?
Sylvari fall in and out of love, just like other races do. They have a romanticized view of devotion, and they’re curious about passion in all its forms. There are male and female sylvari, but none has ever produced a child as other races do. Because of this, traditional human-style gender roles have no meaning to sylvari, either in their society or in their romantic relationships. Often, a sylvari’s ardor is expressed with courtly zeal—emotional, empathic, personal—and is not necessarily defined by gender.” – by Angel McCoy
http://amd-icbm.com/icbm/anet-blog-the-sylvari-soul-angel-mccoy-on-writing-the-sylvari/

in Lore

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

This is from before the game released:
“Do sylvari have romantic relationships?
Sylvari fall in and out of love, just like other races do. They have a romanticized view of devotion, and they’re curious about passion in all its forms. There are male and female sylvari, but none has ever produced a child as other races do. Because of this, traditional human-style gender roles have no meaning to sylvari, either in their society or in their romantic relationships. Often, a sylvari’s ardor is expressed with courtly zeal—emotional, empathic, personal—and is not necessarily defined by gender.” – by Angel McCoy
http://amd-icbm.com/icbm/anet-blog-the-sylvari-soul-angel-mccoy-on-writing-the-sylvari/

I don’t know where the blogpost is (unfortunately) but I remember reading it too. I think the wording was that they can still have “fun times” but cannot reproduce.

I don’t see how Majory and Kasmeer’s relationship is taking such a big role. I mean they are not that big in living story, and if not for the last one, and their talk outside of any instance, which you could easily miss I would not have guessed they were actually flirting.

Hethero relationships in PS aside from Logan and Jennah that I remember at the top of my head is Tonn and Ceera which is a married couple and really quite sweet though you never see them together. And Snarl Backdraft and Galina Edgecrusher, charr from different legions in a love/hate relationship, love them actually, their dynamic was the most amusing thing in Orr. Then there is Tiachren and Ysvelta from early sylvari story. Now I know it is more of a friendship but I kinda feel like mentioning Braham and Rox I am not sure why.

There is prolly way more, maybe also more samegendered, that just isn’t as noticeable.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Lore

Posted by: warllockmaster.1379

warllockmaster.1379

Wait-they are lesbians?
i was pretty sure that they were just good friends,which who tagged along well together teasing one another, while being on a case, while Majory wish for Kasmeer to go back home, and she rufeses since she knows majory, wishing to stop her from doing anything foolish.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I really had to test my googling skills to find it.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/17543-arenanet-the-sylvari-soul-%e2%80%93-angel-mccoy-on-writing-the-sylvari/page__st__240#entry835571

Regina Buenaobra: I’m not actually irritated about the sex discussion. Perhaps I should have included some smilies. I think it’s totally fine that people talk about those things, even if they are not part of the game that people can play.

It was more a reaction to the fact that fans’ focusing on sex, subsequently asking questions about sex, and then finding out that sylvari do have sex somehow gets turned into “catering to sexual fantasies” when we treat the sylvari about the same as we do other races with respect to sex.

in Lore

Mortifact.3102

I guess one of my major points is that it seems statistically unlikely that we’d have another major lesbian relationship. Obviously this is not real life so a decision was made to have them be lesbians, and I question why lesbians AGAIN when we haven’t really had a gay relationship (besides that very minor one in the Sylvari PS).

in Lore

Posted by: vectorfox.6894

vectorfox.6894

When i read the title i thought oh here we go. But hey it’s actually handled sensibly.

I think that having two in the game shouldn’t be give you that idea since if they wanted to portray their game as reality then you would see a few more then 2 lesbian relationships, now if it was such that half of the females you meet in game were lesbian then i could see the argument that its just because its hot.

Another reason is that the two relationships we do have in game are what i believe to be quite unique as there has actually been some thought into the characters instead of some 1 dimensional cookie cutter “oh look i am lesbian blah blah blah” i mean Marjory and Kasmeer do have a flirty relationship but i think it builds their character and its sort of the opposite to Caithe and Faolain who don’t have a flirty relationship which shows there not all the same.

in Lore

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

What about the Gay furry Bromance between Logan and Rytlock?

in Lore

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

I wonder when it will come to light, that the minstrel and Ho-Hmmm-Tron are having a secret affair…

Vote proposition infinity, say yes to robosexual marriage!

Sorry, it was stronger than me. On topic, I have no stronger feelings one way or another.

in Lore

NinjaChris.9340

I guess one of my major points is that it seems statistically unlikely that we’d have another major lesbian relationship. Obviously this is not real life so a decision was made to have them be lesbians, and I question why lesbians AGAIN when we haven’t really had a gay relationship (besides that very minor one in the Sylvari PS).

Considering how little open gay relationships there are in sword&sorcery settings, it’s statistically unlikely to have even one homosexual relationship in the limelight.
Also, it’s not about calculating how represented every part of society has to be for a game to be acceptable, it’s about creating a good story. And when the writers are not convinced they can write certain characteristics well enough that it’s neither satisfying for them nor for the players, they shouldn’t.

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You mean they hired George R.R. Martin?

Wait-they are lesbians?
i was pretty sure that they were just good friends,which who tagged along well together teasing one another, while being on a case, while Majory wish for Kasmeer to go back home, and she rufeses since she knows majory, wishing to stop her from doing anything foolish.

Honestly, it doesn’t surprise me this reveal happened, but it also doesn’t make me twitch with “blatant fanservice”. We’ve seen Lady Kasmeer before shutting down Lord Faren so it was kind of hinted at way ago.

Also, I really hesitate to call any sylvari relationship one based on gender. Sylvari have genders but it’s nothing like what we have as humans. If anything should get people upset, it’s not “lesbian relationships” it’s a race of entirely potential bisexuals.

And no, I’m not one of those people, I don’t care one way or another what two NPCs do when I’m not around. Unless that thing results in one of them getting a precursor.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

NinjaChris.9340

I really had to test my googling skills to find it.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/17543-arenanet-the-sylvari-soul-%e2%80%93-angel-mccoy-on-writing-the-sylvari/page__st__240#entry835571

Regina Buenaobra: I’m not actually irritated about the sex discussion. Perhaps I should have included some smilies. I think it’s totally fine that people talk about those things, even if they are not part of the game that people can play.

It was more a reaction to the fact that fans’ focusing on sex, subsequently asking questions about sex, and then finding out that sylvari do have sex somehow gets turned into “catering to sexual fantasies” when we treat the sylvari about the same as we do other races with respect to sex.

Wow, you really dug deep

Although, I’m still unconvinced. A community manager’s comment doesn’t do it for me, I guess.
In terms of your link, I think when McCoy said “Sylvari are born physically male and female” the community jumped to the conclusion “that means genitalia!”. But I think it simply means that the Sylvari feature both male and female stature, with fitting voices.
Again, there probably won’t be an official clear statement, since the priority for that is really low.

in Lore

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I’m also pretty sure that is was said that sylvari do have genitals, but they’re not used for reproductive purposes. They have them, and they use them for the deed, but they can’t produce children from it, not yet at least. They sylvari themselves are around 25-years-old, and there’s new information coming out about them every often. Maybe down the line we will find out if they can indeed reproduce, and how it’s possible.

That being said, I’d like to say that I don’t care about the fact that Kas and Jory are in a romantic relationship with one another. For the sake of diversity, however, I will say that I wouldn’t mind seeing another heterosexual relationship take stage, or maybe (and this is a bit of wishful thinking) a relationship between two men. Right now the only relationship, or romantic debacle, we’re seeing are the ones between Kas and Jory, and Caithe and Faolain respectively. We have Logan and Jenna’s “relationship,” but that’s been written into a state of “Overly Attached Male Friend.”
Bottom line is that Logan and Jenna’s relationship hasn’t been clearly defined by the writers. We see hints of maybe there being more, but it’s been more of a case of Logan’s feelings for Jenna interfering with certain aspects of their jobs. We have not seen a clear confession from Jenna, we don’t even know how she truly feels for Logan. We just see a guy who’d do anything for a woman that he loves, but then get blindsided by said woman because he’s being pushy. That’s it.
I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with this, I’m just saying that if we’re going to compare actual relationships in this game, Kassmer and Marjory’s relationship is the only one we actually have. Everyone else has either been in a relationship in the past, or we don’t know what their deal is.
Like I said, I have no real issue with this, but it wouldn’t hurt to throw in some more diverse couples into the fray, even if they aren’t taking center stage. (Note: I’d love to see whatever happened between Snarl and Galina, there was defiantly some tension between those two!)

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

For the sake of diversity, however, I will say that I wouldn’t mind seeing another heterosexual relationship take stage, or maybe (and this is a bit of wishful thinking) a relationship between two men.

Calling it now, Braham/Rox. Fanfic writers, on your mark . . .

Right now the only relationship, or romantic debacle, we’re seeing are the ones between Kas and Jory, and Caithe and Faolain respectively. We have Logan and Jenna’s “relationship,” but that’s been written into a state of “Overly Attached Male Friend.”

That’s how you define it? It’s more a different trope entirely. Warning: TV Tropes link.

There’s also definite ones in Dynamic Events across Tyria which aren’t center stage but exist. There’s the pair of Seraph who are part of the Kor Skullcrusher event in Harathi Hinterlands, there’s norn courting in a couple places, and in Kessex there’s a guy who goes to visit his dead wife’s ghost . . . ever faithful even past death.

Bottom line is that Logan and Jenna’s relationship hasn’t been clearly defined by the writers.

I would say it has been clearly defined by the writers, it’s just everyone expects things to be more blatant or more . . . gossip-worthy.

Like I said, I have no real issue with this, but it wouldn’t hurt to throw in some more diverse couples into the fray, even if they aren’t taking center stage. (Note: I’d love to see whatever happened between Snarl and Galina, there was defiantly some tension between those two!)

What about the Rytlock/Logan/Jenna love triangle?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

not to be an kitten but well here goes, doesn’t this belong more in the living world discussion or the guild wars 2 discussion forums? Not that it doesn’t have anything to do with lore it just seems that it would be most fitting there.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

http://web.archive.org/web/20130201043620/http://www.arena.net/blog/dream-and-nightmare#more-5682 That took time to find

“Physically, sylvari are male or female, and the relevant external biology is accurate on both, but they cannot sexually reproduce as the other races do; they have no internal organs capable of creating children. "

Scroll down to their biology.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Lore

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Did I mention how much I love Scarlet? Yeah. Tots. Scarlet forever.

@Above: It’s on the wiki….
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dream_and_Nightmare

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

here is an interview that touches on sex and sylvari. The sex having sylvari was later confirmed by Ree in another interview but I think that site is down.

CDA: One of the lore questions that bother players the most is – do Sylvari have sex? Are they able to procreate on their own, or just keep sprouting out of the Pale Tree?

Martin Kerstein: I’m not exactly a lore person, but as far as I understand – yes, Sylvari can have sex and they will have sex with whoever they like, they are fully capable of doing so. But they don’t do it to create to new Sylvaris. They actually grow from the tree.

http://www.cdaction.pl/news-20880-4/guild-wars-2---wywiad-z-martinem-kersteinem-i-erikiem-flannumem.html

in Lore

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I dont see them as being a couple. I see them as two girlfriends talking suggestively. I have several straight female friends who act lesbian when they’re together, but its just an act.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Lore

Mortifact.3102

I dont see them as being a couple. I see them as two girlfriends talking suggestively. I have several straight female friends who act lesbian when they’re together, but its just an act.

Except it was confirmed in the living story livestream that they are a “love story”

in Lore

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

I think ANet’s motives were pretty pure with Kasmeer & Marjory, I must say…

…But I also think it would have been harder for them to get away with a male homosexual relationship being in the spotlight at all. It’s not ANet at fault there, it’s the maturity & openness of the audience.

This isn’t a mark against gamers, by the way, it holds true for most of society. There’d be accusations of “only doing it to be politically correct” or “i’m not interested in this! why should I be?!” if it was a male couple. It’s much more common when male homosexuality is shown in films and tv shows, too.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Except it was confirmed in the living story livestream that they are a “love story”

Worth noting here, I love my mother very much and if she were in trouble I would move heaven and earth to help as much as I could manage.

That does not mean we are an incestuous duo.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Considering how little open gay relationships there are in sword&sorcery settings, it’s statistically unlikely to have even one homosexual relationship in the limelight.
Also, it’s not about calculating how represented every part of society has to be for a game to be acceptable, it’s about creating a good story. And when the writers are not convinced they can write certain characteristics well enough that it’s neither satisfying for them nor for the players, they shouldn’t.

To be fair that is because a large amount of high fantasy is written by straight white male authors with a straight white male audience in mind. Lesbian relationships are a lot less controversial than gay relationships. Also I don’t get how it could be about the writers writing it convincingly. A gay relationship is identical to a hetero relationship, the only difference is that both people are of the same gender. Unless you want to argue that stereotypes are an accurate and necessary part of portrayal >.> which they most certainly are not.

Also Tobias has a really good point. If all that was said is “love story” then that doesn’t mean they are in a relationship. Kasmeer undoubtedly has feelings for Majory, that is RIDICULOUSLY obvious from her dialogue. But all signs point to Majory being clueless to this, so it’s entirely possible that it is a one sided love story.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

To be fair that is because a large amount of high fantasy is written by straight white male authors with a straight white male audience in mind. Lesbian relationships are a lot less controversial than gay relationships. Also I don’t get how it could be about the writers writing it convincingly. A gay relationship is identical to a hetero relationship, the only difference is that both people are of the same gender. Unless you want to argue that stereotypes are an accurate and necessary part of portrayal >.> which they most certainly are not.

I kinda want to chime in, I know people in all forms of relationships “in that respect” and really? None of them are normal people as is defined by the majority of the population, but at the same time, none of them really seem all that different than heteronormal couples.

I mean, some of the “heteronormal couples” are a heck of a lot weirder about it than some of the others.

in Lore

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The gay relationship between Faolain and Caithe is the same as between a cabbage and a potato.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The gay relationship between Faolain and Caithe is the same as between a cabbage and a potato.

No, that one is just plain wrong. I mean, a potato? Seriously? No higher standards? At least go for a turnip.

in Lore

Mortifact.3102

Worth noting here, I love my mother very much and if she were in trouble I would move heaven and earth to help as much as I could manage.

I’m pretty sure that to most people a love story has a very sexual and romantic connotation. I’ve never heard about a mother and son’s relationship described as a love story….

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m pretty sure that to most people a love story has a very sexual and romantic connotation. I’ve never heard about a mother and son’s relationship described as a love story….

I also love my brother a lot. To the point I might not try to move heaven, just earth if he were in trouble and I had a means of helping.

We’re not incestuous either.

I have a former roommate (of the same gender) who we parted ways with, probably the best one I had and one of the few people who left me an open invitation if I happened to need to couch surf. And a friend (of the opposite gender) who has extended the same invitation. Both would be willing to go to lengths beyond what is normally considered prudent if it would help me out of a tight spot.

Neither are a couple with me.

in Lore

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The Rytlock/Logan/Jenna triangle would like to have a word with you.

By the way, I am #teamRytlock.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I am #teamTheyAllDieInAHorrificAccident. They’re dreadful characters all three of them >.>

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I am #teamTheyAllDieInAHorrificAccident. They’re dreadful characters all three of them >.>

Can we settle for trading for Pyre Fierceshot, Gwen and Kieran, and Vekk?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yes we can. I <3 Pyre, Gwen, Kieran and Vekk.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yes we can. I <3 Pyre, Gwen, Kieran and Vekk.

Vekk is the only asura I will not feed to the reef drakes headfirst.

Pyre is the only charr I don’t measure for use as a rug.

And as we all know, Gwen is needed to take back Ascalon

:)

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

and Kieran is just sexy.
(Sorry for going off topic but I really feel as though that needed to be addressed)

in Lore

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

There are under used characters that could be used for romantic human pairings:

Countess Anise
Lord Faren
Captain Ellen Kiel

All three at present do not have any current or potiential romantic partners that I’m aware of. Each has had fairly prominent roles in current Lore and/or hold high office in either Divinity’s Reach or Lion’s Arch.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

There are under used characters that could be used for romantic human pairings:

Countess Anise
Lord Faren
Captain Ellen Kiel

All three at present do not have any current or potiential romantic partners that I’m aware of. Each has had fairly prominent roles in current Lore and/or hold high office in either Divinity’s Reach or Lion’s Arch.

There are a lot of characters from every race who are not/not seen to be in a relationship. What’s your point?

in Lore

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

My point is that in so far as relationships that are given prominence it seems only the gay ones get pushed into the spotlight. The Logan and Jennah relationship is too chaste – especially with no acknowledgement of attachment on the part of Jennah herself.

Before the confirmation of Marjory and Kasmeer, I would have suggested: Lord Faren and Lady Kasmeer. But with the confirmation of the gay bias for the prominent characters on the part of the Arenanet writing team and the way the characters I’ve listed I would say that Countess Anise is either Bi or Lesbian as well and Lord Faren is in the closet and is himself gay as well.

Only Ellen Kiel can be written as a convincing heterosexual love interest. And if she were to have a man in her life there should already be one that’s among her associates or team.