Another lesbian relationship?

in Lore

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

By the way, still taking bets on who’s dying this time when we do take down Scarlet. Rox, Kasmeer, Hobo-Tron, or Taimi.

I guess you’ll have to wait and see what happens.

Why? Why do you guys find it necessary to kill off characters? Given Most of the NPCs mentioned been around for a while, but (and it’s a big BUT) you just gave us any kind of connection to the characters in question. We just finally see their deeper side and we’re slowly connecting with their personalities. And you just kill them off right after you gave us something deeper?

If that’s the case, why should we bother connecting with characters to begin with? Why care for characters when you just gonna kill them off at any time in some kind of pointless sacrifice… And yes I am referring to the mentors from personal story. That was the only and (at least I was hoping till now) last time I personally cared for any character in this game. After I got to that scene in that mission I turned off the game hoping I did something wrong, maybe I picked a wrong line. I replayed that mission 4 times just to find out that there was no way around the fact in matter. Personal Story died for me then. And even though I finished PS 7 times now, everything past that moment is just more of a chore.

Now with Living Story we finally (after months of them being life-less NPCS) meet characters that have some depth into them that we can connect on. Some stories that we had no idea about until now are finally surfacing. And we already thinking which ones Anet will kill off?? What’s the point then? Why make characters that are deep, interesting and we finally learn to trust after what happened to our mentor (whichever one it might be) just to get hurt again?

Living Story is finally getting interesting. We’re practically starting it at this point when it comes to story part of it. Don’t make me regret it once again…

I feel the same way completely but he simply cannot just spoil it. Since a lot of people are making their bets and assumptions, even if nobody is going to get killed (which is my guess, and certainly hoping for) he can’t just tell at this point

in Lore

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I feel the same way completely but he simply cannot just spoil it. Since a lot of people are making their bets and assumptions, even if nobody is going to get killed (which is my guess, and certainly hoping for) he can’t just tell at this point

I completely understand. I would hate it if story was spoiled before I see it first hand. I was just voicing my concerns regarding killing characters we get attached to, since that conversation been coming up more and more recently. That was (Spoiler)heartbreaking seeing your mentor die for *absolutely no reason*. And I would hate to see it happen again. Because throughout the story you see many NPCs (Spoiler)run into their deaths just for the sake of making the scene more dramatic, when there are so many alternatives it doesn’t make any sense at all.

in Lore

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Regarding trimming stories of all but the “relevant details”: I would say that many of us on the dev team would actually agree with the idea that how two characters relate to one another, regardless of whether that interaction has direct bearing on the direction of the main plot-line, can and should be considered relevant. Such breadth of character traits may advance a side-plot, or no plot at all and can be used to simply establish a personality type or a behavior which informs a character’s actions as they progress through the narrative.

Of course there is a limit: Learning whether or not Braham likes ham, for example (say that five times fast) is probably better left on the cutting room floor, but exploring whether Braham likes Rox, or Taimi, or Logan (does anyone else want to see a guardian duel between these two?), well we believe that there’s real emotion there. And if it advances a plot, great…if not, it’s still part of the landscape of those characters, and that’s really important to us, and something that I would say we are more than eager and willing to explore.

Sure, definitely. In particular, there being friction between Rox and Braham because of how Norn and Charr cultures work differently is great because it helps to flesh out how their race relations work in the setting. You can picture in your head this discussion being had not just by these two characters, but by their races as a whole, and that comes out to me- particularly because these cultures have strong roots in real cultures. It has applicability to real life.

Emotion is definitely cool but I hope you’re not putting the cart before the horse here. Emotion and attachment to the characters needs to spring from the events of the storyline and, in turn, feed into the events of the storyline, and not just slid in there because ‘emotion is cool’. One of the common criticisms levelled against recent Bioware games (at least, in the circles I run in) is that they’re ‘dating simulators’ with tacked-on romances.

Also, sorry if this was a bit of a late response, in case this ship has already sailed! It’s good to hear back from you guys about this stuff, and I hope I’m not being so harsh as to scare you off.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Lesbian romance got you down?

Know what we need more of?

Was slightly confused, opened the attachment, lol! +1

Although I highly doubt ANet would go so far… Although technically aren’t all sylvari relatives? They’ve got the same mother, so yeah they’re all siblings. So we’ve already got a lot of that going on it seems.

Rox is the Black Citadel’s envoy tasked with dealing with the threat, Braham is her norn buddy that tags along because a) he wants revenge and b) he’s a norn, it’s an adventure, of course he’ll tag along.

C) after watching http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Origins_of_Madness:_A_Moment's_Peace particularly the following dialogue options from Braham to Rox:

I mean, you’ve got me
You’re already special. At least, to me

Interprit that as you will…

I can’t go into details but I will say that it’s on the list of things we’re looking to address. The current issue is more of a tech one and less of a “we don’t want the player to talk” decision.

Aww I love technical details… but that’s ok I’m sure you have all sorts of NDA going on just as long as it’s something you’re looking at.

I would personally prefer not to have my characters speak because then I can imagine my own voice for them.

Or… ANet can give us meaningful dialog options! Ok yeah the game isn’t really built that way but it would be nice.

in Lore

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

It feels more like blatant fan-service to me.

To a guy and most heterosexual girls with any kind of bi-curious nature (aka every being alive because we are hard wired to kitten everything that is remotely erotic), any open lesbian relationship is/seems like blatant fanservice. Dont tell me you dont have that one friend (or are) who knows a same sex couple of pretty people and you kinda wish to be that third person in that threesome that will never happen because they aint interested in the opposite sex? If not where do you live that is so homophobic in this day and age…

Also something funny: Girl and guy kissing in movie, awww and/or imput fanfiction smut, girl and girl/guy on guy – hot for people that like said gender, eewwww its fanservice by gender that likes the other sex…

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Lore

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

I would personally prefer not to have my characters speak because then I can imagine my own voice for them.

Or… ANet can give us meaningful dialog options! Ok yeah the game isn’t really built that way but it would be nice.

Well you can have meaningful dialogue options without having your character speak… although I have yet to see any game that had any meaningful player made choice in the game. SWTOR for example was a choice between good response, snarky response, evil response with no real lasting or meaningful difference to the end of the story whichever response you picked.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Lore

CharrGirl.7896

Also something funny: Girl and guy kissing in movie, awww and/or imput fanfiction smut, girl and girl/guy on guy – hot for people that like said gender, eewwww its fanservice by gender that likes the other sex…

I think you’re generalizing things here a bit. It all depends how it’s presented, not on the said sexual orientation of the person (mostly). There is a clear line between what is fan service and what is not.

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think you’re generalizing things here a bit. It all depends how it’s presented, not on the said sexual orientation of the person (mostly). There is a clear line between what is fan service and what is not.

That line is not as clear as you think.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

To a guy and most heterosexual girls with any kind of bi-curious nature (aka every being alive because we are hard wired to kitten everything that is remotely erotic), any open lesbian relationship is/seems like blatant fanservice. Dont tell me you dont have that one friend (or are) who knows a same sex couple of pretty people and you kinda wish to be that third person in that threesome that will never happen because they aint interested in the opposite sex? If not where do you live that is so homophobic in this day and age…

Well that escalated quickly. :/

I’m not going to even bother responding to that. But anyway, yes it did come across as fan service to me. I don’t think that says anything about me as a person.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

CharrGirl.7896

Well that escalated quickly. :/

I’m not going to even bother responding to that. But anyway, yes it did come across as fan service to me. I don’t think that says anything about me as a person.

Hm, why do you feel it’s a fan service? I play with both my boyfriend and brother and neither of them felt that way, and they’re quite honest people. I also didn’t feel the fanservice. Are you referring to conversations, outfits, something else?

IMO the whole thing is extremely subtle and majority of the players didn’t even notice it. I was probably the only person in my guild who commented on that and most responses I got was “lol who’s Marjory?”

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The representation of gay relationships in the over all game seems okay/well balanced/appropriately representative, but there’s definitely a huge over representation of homosexual relationships among non-single important/main characters.
I don’t want to see every important character paired off, but they do need to increase the representation of hetero relationships amongst the main cast. It’s kind lame if they just make every non-single main character homosexual to draw attention/make them “special”.
I’ve no problem with homosexual characters, but as the OP alluded to, it’s starting to feel “cheap”.

Not that’s a very important/pressing issue though.

Eir, Logan, Braham. Three of the 10 “iconic” NPCs are/were/want to be in a heterosexual relationship.

Caithe, Kasmeer, Marjory. Three of the 10 “iconic” NPCs are/were/want to be in a homosexual relationship.

No indication on whether Zojja, Rytlock, or Rox have, had, or are even interested in relationships (be it one-nighters or something more permanent). Taimi is just a child so, no relationship there but likely to have a crush sooner or later (I wouldn’t use her idolizing of Scarlet, or her teasing with Braham as an indication, personally – not yet at least).

So it seems pretty even across the board for homo/hetero/unknown in orientation when it comes to the iconic figures. Wanna go further?

Jennah, Moto, Knut Whitebear are hetero. Smodur, just about all of the Captain’s Council, Evon, Trahearne, Kiel, the two asura scientists dealing with Halloween/Southsun stuff are unknown. No other main homosexual figures.

So, yeah. ArenaNet isn’t making the homosexual relationships more numerous than heterosexual relationships.

And in terms of relationship importance? Well, Logan and Jennah is pretty important, and given that Moto’s relationship is partially the cause of the SAB, that’s pretty important. You can easily say Braham’s isn’t, but Eir and her dead husband’s somewhat important to Braham’s background. Caithe’s is about as important as Logan’s, and Kasmeer/Marjory is actually not very important in the long run at all, it’s just highlighted now because it has to be sometime in order to show players “they’re in a relationship.”

And in general, you gotta realize there’s enough heterosexual relationships (or interests) to populate the entire continent. Even magic cannot make a lesbian pregnant without a man’s involvement.

- A one-sided heterosexual crush which is embarrassing to watch between Logan Thackeray and Queen Jenna.

It’s not one-sided, however. Jennah also loves Logan, but the two’s social classes (Logan is commoner), as well as the whole strife with the Ministry and Caudecus prevents Jennah from following her heart.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

By the way, still taking bets on who’s dying this time when we do take down Scarlet. Rox, Kasmeer, Hobo-Tron, or Taimi.

If anyone, I hope it’s Hobo-Tron.

That little golem annoys me to hell. Why do people even like him?

But I hope even more that ArenaNet learned their lesson about killing off NPCs too much in the story. While we’ve only had a few off-screen deaths of insignificant NPCs (Theo Ashford and his unknown second; Old Man in Auld Red Warf; Scholar Makkal or w/e his name was that went looking for Arcanist Kari; a few others). I think killing off any of the biconics would be a bad move on their part.

taimi just got introduced, ain’t happening.

Personal Story says:

I’m going to introduce you to a new NPC.

I’m going to kill off that NPC 2 story steps later!

I’m going to introduce you to another new NPC – though you may have known him/her already, it’s a 1 in 15 chance!

I’m going to kill off that NPC too!

I think I’ll introduce yet another NPC you may have known – a 1 in 15 chance still! And then I’ll kill her!

Yeah. Unless ArenaNet learned their lesson about the PS making NPC deaths insignificant because they happened to often and to NPCs you had a 1 in 15 chance to know, they can still kill off Taimi even if she’s new or has a tie to DE.

And to use your tie to DE: Logan knows Kasmeer and Marjory. Kasmeer more.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Do you think it’s possible, in the GW2 world, to kill off characters?

They’ve already killed off at least 3 named NPCs in Scarlet’s plot. And they killed 999999999999999999999999999999999999 named NPCs in the Personal Story (okay, obviously exaggerating but still! So many deaths!).

They’ve killed off so many NPCs just as you’re starting to love them that… those who have played through the Personal Story are more often than not very cautious about caring about NPCs.

GW2 probably has more named allied NPC deaths than enemy NPC deaths…

It would be nice in future stories that we would have consequences to our actions (or even the NPCs) which result in extremely negative results such as a zone being permanently destroyed or a character being killed off.

I’d like to see something like this, but not very often. Not often at all.

Though I suppose that’s what happened to Kessex Hills, isn’kitten

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

- A one-sided heterosexual crush which is embarrassing to watch between Logan Thackeray and Queen Jenna.

It’s not one-sided, however. Jennah also loves Logan, but the two’s social classes (Logan is commoner), as well as the whole strife with the Ministry and Caudecus prevents Jennah from following her heart.

Jennah says she does, or implies she does at the least . . . but I’m skeptical on the matter and also am in the camp saying Logan is way . . . way . . . way too firmly crushed on the matter to be objective as her protector and champion.

What he needs is a one night stand with Ellen Kiel. Or Eir. Or Rytlock.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I believe it was Ree who had confirmed that the feelings are mutual, a while back between the release of Edge of Destiny and GW2.

Though I agree that Logan is a bit too… attached.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Jennah says she does, or implies she does at the least . . . but I’m skeptical on the matter and also am in the camp saying Logan is way . . . way . . . way too firmly crushed on the matter to be objective as her protector and champion.

I’m pretty sure Ellen swings the other way. In the short story posted that showed Kasmeer’s arrival on Southsun it was sort of implied that she was attracted to Kasmeer. Either that or the writer really likes Kasmeer and let too much of that slip through in Ellen’s analysis of her.

(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Paradise) <— Particularly paragraphs 7-10, but there are bits after that. Notably the way that Ellen almost addresses her as “My Lady”, but also the offering to be her personal body guard and the constant noticing of her appearance and demeanour. Or course you could chalk it up to Ellen being a very strong woman who is perhaps a little less “feminine” (I dislike that term though) because of her position as captain of the Lionguard/being raised by Magnus or whatever that story is (haven’t had time to read that because until just now didn’t know it existed….).

But Logan and Rytlock definitely need to work through that tension…..

in Lore

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

What people don’t understand is that we wrote and voiced a lot of these moments throughout the year. Some scenes and story instances were cut or never implemented in the final releases, which is why this particular story instance was longer than the typical one and filled with lots of exposition.

I sincerely hope that over course of the year there was an opportunity to get the Hero Voice Actors back into studio and allow the players to be more engaged in the climax of the arc than as mute witnesses.

Scavenge some clips from the existing Personal Story library if you have to, but please don’t leave us completely silent in the face of these world altering events!

Funny that you mention player voice. I’ve had a few meetings recently about that. I can’t go into details but I will say that it’s on the list of things we’re looking to address. The current issue is more of a tech one and less of a “we don’t want the player to talk” decision.

I hope so. I hated my character’s voice in GW1. But I love all the pc voices in GW2 and wish my characters would speak more.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I hope so. I hated my character’s voice in GW1. But I love all the pc voices in GW2 and wish my characters would speak more.

Hey I liked my character’s voice in Prophecies. It’s mostly as I like Steve Blum though.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Hey I liked my character’s voice in Prophecies. It’s mostly as I like Steve Blum though.

Steve Blum did an AMAZING job for the male voice in GW1 I think.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Hm, why do you feel it’s a fan service? I play with both my boyfriend and brother and neither of them felt that way, and they’re quite honest people. I also didn’t feel the fanservice. Are you referring to conversations, outfits, something else?

IMO the whole thing is extremely subtle and majority of the players didn’t even notice it. I was probably the only person in my guild who commented on that and most responses I got was “lol who’s Marjory?”

In my opinion it’s as subtle as an exploding Dolyak at a birthday party. The fact that we have a whole thread about this one relationship, indicates to me that it was anything but subtle. It’s kind of in our face (prompting the Kasmeer and Marjory photobombing) and of course the whole comment from Kasmeer about not wearing any clothes. I have not heard this much talk about any of the other same sex couples in the game, but Kasmeer and Marjory one is just far from subtle. And that makes it feel like fan service to me.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I think most people only knew about this suspected relationship, before this LS update anyhow, was because of us forumites. We took them “picking out curtain” for relationship lingo, and we branched off from there. Because during the Tower of Nightmares, there wasn’t much to go on in the matter. Any funny or even slightly suggestive dialogue could have between only close friends. Which isn’t really creditable proof for the relationship.

Sure, now we know that there is a love story going on between them, but we only got that from a livestream interview. This was how this thread got started in the first place. Which is what I would call subtle myself, because what percentage of the playerbase actually watches those? Not much, I’d imagine. The only reason most people knew about that confirmation, again, is because of word of month by us forumites.

The only more subtle way for them to broadcast that info, is if they coded it in New Krytans and slapped it on a random post in LA. It would then be found and decoded in a matter of days, and it would spread by word of mouth just as fast.

On a side note, we still don’t know what stage their relationship is at atm. We know that it’s a love story, but love stories usually begin at the beginning after all. For all we know, they could still be at the “close friends with conflicted feelings” stage.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Lore

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Eir, Logan, Braham. Three of the 10 “iconic” NPCs are/were/want to be in a heterosexual relationship.

Caithe, Kasmeer, Marjory. Three of the 10 “iconic” NPCs are/were/want to be in a homosexual relationship.

No indication on whether Zojja, Rytlock, or Rox have, had, or are even interested in relationships (be it one-nighters or something more permanent). Taimi is just a child so, no relationship there but likely to have a crush sooner or later (I wouldn’t use her idolizing of Scarlet, or her teasing with Braham as an indication, personally – not yet at least).

So it seems pretty even across the board for homo/hetero/unknown in orientation when it comes to the iconic figures.

I remember reading a study which was about the viewer perception of the numbers of women in groups, though I can’t find it now which is really irritating me. Anyways, what it came down to was that people tended to overestimate how much of a particular population were women the more there visibly were of them. In situations where you most expect to see men, you don’t pay attention to their gender because they are meeting those subconscious expectations. Throw in a few women, however, and they stand out overwhelmingly because they aren’t the norm.

I think a similar thing is happening here. People aren’t used to seeing homosexual relationships being given the time of day, so when they are, they stand out. They stand out especially in the games industry where hetero is usually the way to go, and the only time you usually see a canon non-hetero relationship is as a custom player choice. It is super, super rare for this stuff to be written casually into the main storyline of a AAA game. So people see one definite plus another potential homosexual relationship in-game, and they pretty much overreact because they’re so standout that suddenly they seem to be focal points when . . . they’re not.

For example, people often home in on the male/male couple you can help in the first sylvari story arc, and conveniently don’t mention the male/female couple whose story you help shape or the female grieving for her male lover if you make different starter choices. All the run of the mill hetero relationships fly under the radar because they’re common and expected. People almost discount them entirely.

Even if Kasmeer and Marjory become a couple, it’s player perception turning that into a big deal more so than the writing or writers’ intent.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I’m pretty sure Ellen swings the other way. In the short story posted that showed Kasmeer’s arrival on Southsun it was sort of implied that she was attracted to Kasmeer. Either that or the writer really likes Kasmeer and let too much of that slip through in Ellen’s analysis of her.

(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Paradise) <— Particularly paragraphs 7-10, but there are bits after that. Notably the way that Ellen almost addresses her as “My Lady”, but also the offering to be her personal body guard and the constant noticing of her appearance and demeanour. Or course you could chalk it up to Ellen being a very strong woman who is perhaps a little less “feminine” (I dislike that term though) because of her position as captain of the Lionguard/being raised by Magnus or whatever that story is (haven’t had time to read that because until just now didn’t know it existed….).

But Logan and Rytlock definitely need to work through that tension…..

i think you’re reading too much into it. she’s just analizing kasmeer. just because you notice another person’s physical attractiveness doesn’t mean you’re into them. and she’s offering to be her bodyguard because she’s in charge of keeping the place safe, and can’t afford a human noble to end up dead.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

and she’s offering to be her bodyguard because she’s in charge of keeping the place safe, and can’t afford a human noble to end up dead.

And she’s not someone she could just tell to shove off for being a stowaway like Lord Faren, He Who Is Forever Friendzoned.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

and she’s offering to be her bodyguard because she’s in charge of keeping the place safe, and can’t afford a human noble to end up dead.

And she’s not someone she could just tell to shove off for being a stowaway like Lord Faren, He Who Is Forever Friendzoned.

lesbian friendzoned, the friendzone with no hope. i know a friend that went through that, the poor guy.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

lesbian friendzoned, the friendzone with no hope. i know a friend that went through that, the poor guy.

I fail to see how that deserves pity O_o.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I fail to see how that deserves pity O_o.

guy and girl are friends. guy crushes on girl. guy confesses to girl. girl reveals she’s into girls.

there’s no hope for him, because it’s not only “i just see you as a friend”, it’s “i’m not into guys”. there’s no way for him to possibly win her over.

but that’s off-topic.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

By the way, Anets writers better not add a picture of an exploding Dolyak at a birthday party after I made that quote just now. I’m watching you! I noticed that flying Dolyak in Scarlet’s lair. Cheeky writers. :P

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

By the way, Anets writers better not add a picture of an exploding Dolyak at a birthday party after I made that quote just now. I’m watching you! I noticed that flying Dolyak in Scarlet’s lair. Cheeky writers. :P

why would you not want a dolyak pinata?

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Good point. I redraw my statement. Anet writers, go ahead and add a Dolyak pinata! May I request a mesmer-pinata as well while you’re at it?

in Lore

CharrGirl.7896

Good point. I redraw my statement. Anet writers, go ahead and add a Dolyak pinata! May I request a mesmer-pinata as well while you’re at it?

I failed to find the dolyak can somebody screencapture this?

in Lore

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

Thought I picked up a vibe from those two, despite limited play due to computer problems. Good for them, I think they’re cute together. So that means DON’T GO KILLING KASMEER! It’s like Personal Story all over again; entire time I’m running with the bomb tech from that nice Asura couple I’m thinking “yeah, he’s toast.”

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Anet writers, go ahead and add a Dolyak pinata!

We already have those in WvW.

in Lore

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

Out of all the homosexual relationships listed before, I’m surprised that no one has even bothered to remember Tegwen and Carys. And then to add to the number of characters I liked that Anet has written out, Tegwen was killed off as well.

Not sure if that should be considered a spoiler or not…

Why all the character deaths? I sobbed when Tybalt died and then the deaths kept coming. Is killing any of the LS characters really necessary?

in Lore

CharrGirl.7896

Thought I picked up a vibe from those two, despite limited play due to computer problems. Good for them, I think they’re cute together. So that means DON’T GO KILLING KASMEER! It’s like Personal Story all over again; entire time I’m running with the bomb tech from that nice Asura couple I’m thinking “yeah, he’s toast.”

Omg…you mean those 2 asura in one of the Orr missions? Yeah, actually with order mentor death this was the only other death that left me with a gaping jaw of disbelief when the little guy died. I remember there was real emotion and good writing there…

Yeah…we can stop killing good characters now. Hang in there Kasmeer! T-T

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Out of all the homosexual relationships listed before, I’m surprised that no one has even bothered to remember Tegwen and Carys. And then to add to the number of characters I liked that Anet has written out, Tegwen was killed off as well.

Why all the character deaths? I sobbed when Tybalt died and then the deaths kept coming. Is killing any of the LS characters really necessary?

I don’t think Carys and Tegwen were a couple. It could be, of course, but it felt to me just like mentor and student.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yeah I personally didn’t get couple vibes from Carys and Tegwen. Carys is Tegwen’s friend and apprentice, there’s nothing romantic implied.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t think Carys and Tegwen were a couple. It could be, of course, but it felt to me just like mentor and student.

I didn’t think one or the other died. I only saw them on my human character in Orr, which made it seem like both made it out alive.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I didn’t think one or the other died. I only saw them on my human character in Orr, which made it seem like both made it out alive.

Tegwen dies during the personal story.

in Lore

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

Tegwen was probably the only character death that actually upset me. I didn’t even notice when Sieran died. I cheered when Tybalt died (seriously, people like him?). When Tegwen sacrificed herself I did /y TEGWEN, NOOOOOOO! She was only in the game for a short while, but her relationship (probably not Relationship though) with Carys was really well written, and Carys’ and Ballista Geargrind’s little eulogy to her was beautiful.

I still think of Tegwen whenever I’m wandering around the Grove.

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tegwen was probably the only character death that actually upset me. I didn’t even notice when Sieran died. I cheered when Tybalt died (seriously, people like him?). When Tegwen sacrificed herself I did /y TEGWEN, NOOOOOOO! She was only in the game for a short while, but her relationship (probably not Relationship though) with Carys was really well written, and Carys’ and Ballista Geargrind’s little eulogy to her was beautiful.

Well that explains it, I didn’t do that mission, I did a different one. “Air Drop”, in fact. So I guess that means I actually saved Tegwen by choosing a different path :P

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Well that explains it, I didn’t do that mission, I did a different one. “Air Drop”, in fact. So I guess that means I actually saved Tegwen by choosing a different path :P

yeah, i saw her during the mirror mission, she made it out alive (that i recall), then i went with piloting an immortal megazord because honestly, why would you pick any of the other options? that’s one of the best missions in the game :P

so i’ll just pretend she lived through it :P

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

yeah, i saw her during the mirror mission, she made it out alive (that i recall), then i went with piloting an immortal megazord because honestly, why would you pick any of the other options? that’s one of the best missions in the game :P

No, the best mission is the one following it with the Cauldron. Because using that thing against the Risen . . .

. . . mmmm, that was so satisfying

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

No, the best mission is the one following it with the Cauldron. Because using that thing against the Risen . . .

i fail to see how anything can be better than a golem-suit with a spammable instagib megalaser.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

i fail to see how anything can be better than a golem-suit with a spammable instagib megalaser.

A golem-suit with a spammable instagib megalaser using the Cauldron against the Risen, perhaps?

Meanwhile, I’m stuck on the path that involves wading up a cliff through every rotting spider in Orr to get one-shot by a dozen locust swarms : /

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

Omg…you mean those 2 asura in one of the Orr missions? Yeah, actually with order mentor death this was the only other death that left me with a gaping jaw of disbelief when the little guy died. I remember there was real emotion and good writing there…

Yeah…we can stop killing good characters now. Hang in there Kasmeer! T-T

Exactly. And it was so telegraphed, too. Why didn’t he just show you pictures of their kids while saying he’s got two days left until retirement while he was at it? Poor little guy. Poor little wife. I get that it’s Guild Wars, no salvation without destruction, no hope this side of death and so on, but it would be nice to have a few happy endings.

in Lore

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

When I was creating my sylvari Tegwen and Carys were with me from level 11 onward. They were those characters that kept coming back and made me smile (mainly because Carys is Carys). But then Tegwen died and it made me so sad that this character I liked just up and sacrificed herself because the game said so

in Lore

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Really??? How clueless is your guild? Or do they not do the LS content?

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Lore

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

I don’t want to be that guy, but please, anet, stop forcing this crap down our throats. Same-sex relationships are not something that fits a fantasy game. This helps in no way the lore that has already been damaged by the living story. I know you want to make the characters more compelling, but this will just make most people scratch their heads. At least keep it subtle.

Don’t even get me started on the multiracial things with Rox and Braham, because if it’s going in that direction, then this is just gross territory.

There are other ways to make us care about the characters without forcing this. GW2 living story really lacks good characters at the moment and this is not helping.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I don’t want to be that guy, but please, anet, stop forcing this crap down our throats. Same-sex relationships are not something that fits a fantasy game. This helps in no way the lore that has already been damaged by the living story. I know you want to make the characters more compelling, but this will just make most people scratch their heads. At least keep it subtle.

Don’t even get me started on the multiracial things with Rox and Braham, because if it’s going in that direction, then this is just gross territory.

There are other ways to make us care about the characters without forcing this. GW2 living story really lacks good characters at the moment and this is not helping.

Same-sex relationships fit in fantasy games in exactly the same way that hetero relationships do. It’s not being forced down your throat any more than the heterosexual relationships are being forced down anyone’s, including gay players, throat. Although I am very sorry you feel that way.