Posted by: ValkyriaMaria.1560

ValkyriaMaria.1560

I’ll just drop this here!

lol that special feeling meme with gw2’s kass and jory? Nice

Another lesbian relationship?

in Lore

Posted by: Kryle.9687

Kryle.9687

Personally, I think you are absolutely wasting our time. I (we) play for fantasy —> beasts, dead things chasing us, shiny objects that cost a lot, saving the world. Come on! Real life things happen all day. Give us content to play and use the LS to get us to it, period. Nobody actually cares that much. Give us more dungeons and paths. Give us end game content. Fantasy and relevant stuff. Stick to it and you will win.

in Lore

Kryle.9687

Writers, GW2 is actually quite famous for the teen rating that it has. I’ve never played a game where so many people let their kids watch or even run around exploring the world for them (not Orr though). You don’t need content that can make people question the rating or subject matter. Stay famous, leave real world topics alone. There is so much to choose from, why walk the line and question portions of your audience? Focus on fantasy and adventure and you won’t lose anybody. Don’t set your audience up to flame each other when these topics make it to the forums or /map chat. Use the living story to get us into content, let our actions be the final scene. Too much skip button content so far. You can do better.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

@Kryle, relationships are always a part of fantasy though. And you can’t JUST have straight relationships depicted, in doing so you are purposefully excluding a large portion of the population.

What Arenanet has done shouldn’t be controversial in the slightest because for a lot of people this is a daily reality and isn’t something to make a song and dance about it. Until people realise that it doesn’t matter companies NEED to be like Arenanet and not be afraid to put this in game. The more used to it people get the less of a big deal it is. In and out of game.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Personally, I think you are absolutely wasting our time. I (we) play for fantasy —> beasts, dead things chasing us, shiny objects that cost a lot, saving the world. Come on! Real life things happen all day. Give us content to play and use the LS to get us to it, period. Nobody actually cares that much. Give us more dungeons and paths. Give us end game content. Fantasy and relevant stuff. Stick to it and you will win.

So, you would rather have an ultra-generic storyline if it meant more content? What’s the point of making a storyline at all, if people just want more loot? It’s like the ultimate downfall of any type of fantasy game.

Player 1: Hey! They finally added more content. An evil guy is doing evil thing. We should kill him!
Player 2: Why?
Player 1: Because he drops loot.
Player 2: No, I meant why is he evil?
Player 1: Idk. He killed some people I guess. Who cares though. Shiny!

That would kill any interest I had in the game.

in Lore

Kryle.9687

@FlamingFoxx, I think my point was more along the lines of “read a book if you want a real story”. This is no ebook. Tell me about the dredge and the dragons. Get me into the story so that I know what I’m trying to save/obtain/stop/etc. Anet, give me graphics and avoid pushing ANY of you player base away.

@Erukk, I like the the little story you put together there. I want to know more about the evil character you mentioned and how I can stop him. I’m glad he drops good lootz too Your story pulled me in more than the story of the NPCs we are supposedly interested in learning about. Braham and Rox for example…I liked when they were leading us into a battle or dungeon. If they start having tea together…I"m not going to really care. I guess that is what the skip button is for.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Relationships are part of any world or compelling story. I would love for you to present me with a story that is objectively amazing that doesn’t build a relationship between it’s characters (be that platonic or romantic). Also, ebook… really…. The majority of publishing is still print based, especially concerning literature that is actually considered good. But no, this is not an ebook, this is Guild Wars and people who are invested in the world and the story are used to and really enjoy the fact that Arenanet’s writers don’t shy away from relationships. Go look at GW1, relationships are mixed in constantly with all the sword swinging. We had a content release that centred on the marriage between Gwen and Logan Thackeray.

If you don’t like the way they do story then perhaps the game isn’t for you.

in Lore

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

Why do you all keep necroing this thread?!

in Lore

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Why do you all keep necroing this thread?!

My thoughts exactly. =_=

in Lore

Kryle.9687

@FlamingFoxx, you are absolutely correct, I’m definitely questioning the value of this game.

In regards to your questions or points about good stories and relationships…this is a game and there isn’t enough cut scene time or storybook time in a game to capture a real story. I read books for good stories. I play games for the visualization and collaboration. There needs to be a story line of course, but! use the little time that you have in that story to accomplish something. Avoid degrading so quickly into pointless plots.

Don’t question me on compelling stories or my use of ebook (electronic book…emm I have LotR on my phone) when you feel that what Anet has created here is compelling.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I love how people basically kitten about games actually having storylines, decent characters, and relationships.

There obviously IS enough screentime and cutscene time to show this, because… well LOTS of games do so.

in Lore

Posted by: Raeysa Penrose.8450

Raeysa Penrose.8450

The very fact that an issue has been made of Jory and Kas’s relationship is a pretty clear indication that their relationship needs to be there. It’s only an issue if you make it one, and people seem pretty determined to do so. They’re another two characters who love each other. There doesn’t have to be a motive. No one questions whether the heterosexual relationships in GW2 are for brownie points or money or fanservice. Just the gay ones.

Jory is a person. Kas is a person. Jory and Kas love one another, gender be kitten ed. End of story.

Fear not this night
curse my dependence on sleep for survival!

in Lore

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I would say that the pain of loss is a very good opportunity in the coming chapters, and that will be much stronger if there is an actual partnership between the two characters, and there are already hints that something will happen to Kasmeer.

It’s anet, when you start to like a character, they kill the character off.

It’s probably one of the oldest literary devices for getting the audience emotionally invested in the story.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Lore

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I would say that the pain of loss is a very good opportunity in the coming chapters, and that will be much stronger if there is an actual partnership between the two characters, and there are already hints that something will happen to Kasmeer.

It’s probably one of the oldest literary devices for getting the audience emotionally invested in the story.

Except other stories have other characters i’m interested in besides the one character they decide to kill off.

in Lore

Raeysa Penrose.8450

Except other stories have other characters i’m interested in besides the one character they decide to kill off.

Obvious solution: Kill Trahearne.

Sorry sorry couldn’t resist. XD

Fear not this night

in Lore

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

The very fact that an issue has been made of Jory and Kas’s relationship is a pretty clear indication that their relationship needs to be there. It’s only an issue if you make it one, and people seem pretty determined to do so. They’re another two characters who love each other. There doesn’t have to be a motive. No one questions whether the heterosexual relationships in GW2 are for brownie points or money or fanservice. Just the gay ones.

Jory is a person. Kas is a person. Jory and Kas love one another, gender be kitten ed. End of story.

Why do you feel compelled to antagonize those who don’t hold the same view as you? I’ll agree, many who advocate a binary gender model are homophobic. But that bigotry is just as steadfast in those who hold true to the spectrum gender model.

“The very fact that an issue has been made of Jory and Kas’s relationship is a pretty clear indication that their relationship needs to be there.”

Yeah, that is a very open minded view. I suppose you are right, culture should be diverse as long as it is a culture you agree with.

The sylvari took up a great deal of the game with your ideals. And I held my tongue out of respect – it was very well done. Various NPC’s showed up with your values. Held my tongue still and enjoyed playing a great game along side you all. With the addition of Jory and Kas I think the devs are just overdoing it at this point. I voice my opinion of this and you guys get aggravated over nothing. Bravo. Well, done. You have become what you dislike the most.

So, are we going to get off this subject, shake hands, and go kill some dragons?

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I still don’t see how Kasmeer and Marjory are ‘OVERDOING’ it. Or how their relationship is overdoing the amount of homosexual relationships.

in Lore

Raeysa Penrose.8450

Why do you feel compelled to antagonize those who don’t hold the same view as you? I’ll agree, many who advocate a binary gender model are homophobic. But that bigotry is just as steadfast in those who hold true to the spectrum gender model.

“The very fact that an issue has been made of Jory and Kas’s relationship is a pretty clear indication that their relationship needs to be there.”

Yeah, that is a very open minded view. I suppose you are right, culture should be diverse as long as it is a culture you agree with.

The sylvari took up a great deal of the game with your ideals. And I held my tongue out of respect – it was very well done. Various NPC’s showed up with your values. Held my tongue still and enjoyed playing a great game along side you all. With the addition of Jory and Kas I think the devs are just overdoing it at this point. I voice my opinion of this and you guys get aggravated over nothing. Bravo. Well, done. You have become what you dislike the most.

So, are we going to get off this subject, shake hands, and go kill some dragons?

Lack of tolerance for heterosexuality would be to disinclude heterosexual relationships. Inclusion of homosexual relationships is not close-mindedness.

A culture that accepts both hetero and homosexuality is diverse. A culture that disincludes either sexuality is not diverse. That’s not closed-mindedness. Closed-mindedness would be only accepting homosexual relationships, which is not the case here.

Fear not this night

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

As Raeysa points out. We are advocating the inclusion of EVERYONE. Rather than the exclusion of one group. You’re advocating the exclusion of one group. That’s where it gets problematic. We aren’t forcing homosexuality on anyone, we are advocating the right for its representation, the exact same right you have for heterosexuality. The difference is that we don’t deny that you have that right, but you deny that we have the same right…

in Lore

Posted by: Blue Magnolia.5207

Blue Magnolia.5207

Boo I want man on man action too!

Haha but seriously – there needs to be that in games tv etc
Girl on girl action even with friends is very common already

in Lore

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Yup. Gimme some TrahearnexCanach anet. We want some fruit salad.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Lore

Blue Magnolia.5207

Personal story character and faren

Also Logan and bandit lieutenant – for years queen Jennah wondered why the Seraph hadn’t eradicated bandits from the outskirts of Divinity’s reach. One day coming back early from a royal meeting, she went into Logan’s room to surprise him. That’s where she found her answer.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Also Logan and bandit lieutenant – for years queen Jennah wondered why the Seraph hadn’t eradicated bandits from the outskirts of Divinity’s reach. One day coming back early from a royal meeting, she went into Logan’s room to surprise him. That’s where she found her answer.

I ship personal story character and Faren so hard. Faren is just so fabulous, I love him to much.

in Lore

Blue Magnolia.5207

I ship personal story character and Faren so hard. Faren is just so fabulous, I love him to much.

Here’s the thing about Faren. He’s obviously gay. The problem is that he comes from an extremely rich family and doesn’t want to risk a life of luxury and lordship by coming out. Thus he stays in the closet constantly trying to have people think he’s straight by asking about girls and stuff. However when he tells the personal story character to refer him to ladies it’s so that he can be their friend and get to know their brothers.

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Here’s the thing about Faren. He’s obviously gay. The problem is that he comes from an extremely rich family and doesn’t want to risk a life of luxury and lordship by coming out. Thus he stays in the closet constantly trying to have people think he’s straight by asking about girls and stuff. However when he tells the personal story character to refer him to ladies it’s so that he can be their friend and get to know their brothers.

Except he seems to constantly hit on my female human noble mesmer, or at least try to get her positive attention . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Except he seems to constantly hit on my female human noble mesmer, or at least try to get her positive attention . . .

It’s a ruse I tell you! A ruse. He’s mine.

in Lore

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

In answer to the OP: Yes. It definitely felt that way at first, but with the more recent patches their relationship is becoming more believable. If you find them on the beach in Labarynthe Cliffs they bicker just like a lesbian couple I know irl.

I would like to see a non Sylvari male couple though. Norn, Charr, Asura, Human: I’m not fussy, just something believable with the fuzzies.

And don’t pull a Bethesda and give us two corpses and a bloodstained letter. I want live wuns that I can talk tae.

in Lore

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

One of the sylvari starting missions contain a male couple you need to help

in Lore

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Aye that is why my main is a Sylvari

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

One of the sylvari starting missions contain a male couple you need to help

Honestly that couple made me cringe. It felt very much like a straight person’s interpretation of a gay relationship >.>

in Lore

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

<3 I’mma be disappoint if I don’t see Braham x Taimi. Js

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Lore

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I imagine Rytlock would be kittened at this blatant infidelity. Logan’s fooling himself with his infatuation with Jennah, and needs to wake up and realize that his true love is actually the big cuddly furball who has fought against and beside him all these years.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Mystic Forge recipe:

Mini Rytlock + Mini Logan + Mini Jennah + Bottle of Elonian Wine = ???

in Lore

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Mystic Forge recipe:

Mini Rytlock + Mini Logan + Mini Jennah + Bottle of Elonian Wine = ???

Step 4. Profit

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m sure I could sell the resultant fan-fic to certain… imaginative audiences.