Bloody Prince

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

So we’ve only got a little time to speculate. They added a trailer to the release website and it states that the Bloody Prince was both a “Monster” and that he shamed his father’s name… I have to wonder what could make you both a monster and be shameful to Thorn…

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Maybe he had no sense of humor?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Maybe he plotted with Palawa Joko, Mad King Thorn’s eternal rival. Again, remember Joko was an Lich who controls the dead, and Prince Edrick has a passion for death too. So he brought shame upon the Thorn name by befriending with Palawa Joko, maybe. That’d be actually cool if they introduced Palawa Joko in the story, and then take us through the Desert Gate near Ebonhawk, cross the Cristal Desert and go to Elonaaaaah! And then kill Palawa Joko, or be friends with him, depends on how the situation goes!

Okay, i went overboard é__è

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Probably tried to overthrow his old man.

The joko theory works too.

Or he worked with Ascalon’s royalty. Or Orrian. Thorn could have reigned during the second guild war.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Or he worked with Ascalon’s royalty. Or Orrian. Thorn could have reigned during the second guild war.

Or maybe he was a ‘monster’ because he was nice to people and tried to help them. LOL. That would really shame Thorn.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

His son wanted to conquer lands, gain power and fame, but his father just wanted Lulz, so he got mad at him and took control over King Thorns’ army, seeing the people hated that guy, it wouldn’t be hard to overthrow his old man.

His father could stop him though, and when he didn’t want to laugh at his fathers last joke, he killed him.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

He’s the archetypal angsty son.

He even dresses like a Goth, harbours deep-seated patricidal tendencies, venerates and models his appearance off villains who share his desire to watch the world burn (why so serious?), and is vulnerable to bright-coloured projectiles.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

To be fair, he can’t model his appearance off someone who doesn’t exist in his continuity. But yeah, in other words he’s everything you’d expect to come of a father like Oswald Thorn. Keep in mind though, that these uber-archetypical/shallow characters are often only so while the short story is pending. I’m not saying I like it, but I suspect some people may change their tune when it hits.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Tequatl Rising didn’t get a short story.

Why should this?

Only Kiel, Moto, and Scarlet get short stories. Everyone else is too cool for them.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

http://www.wartower.de/artikel/images/5229/TTLS-Halloween2013.mp3

A new Lorespecial about the Mad King and his son.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

’cause they said one was forthcoming in the TowerTalk interview.

Yep. You gotta dig out-of-game to know when you’re supposed ta dig out-of-game.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

jheryn.8390

Anyone notice that the prince’s face looks just like the Mad Moon?

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Erichermit.6018

Erichermit.6018

Or maybe he was a ‘monster’ because he was nice to people and tried to help them. LOL. That would really shame Thorn.

Though in one of his dialogues, he admits to torturing and killing his favorite step-mom. So I doubt he was kind.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Anyone notice that the prince’s face looks just like the Mad Moon?

Oh my me… Didn’t at all think of that. But there is similarities.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

jheryn.8390

Though in one of his dialogues, he admits to torturing and killing his favorite step-mom. So I doubt he was kind.

LOL. I am positive he was not. I was just joking.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

His response implies a traumatic experience. It seems to me that was accidental or he regretted it so much he blocked it out and blamed his father for it.

Plus, it wasn’t torture, per se. He just nailed her hands to a drake during an “innocent” game of Pin the Tail on the Drake.

Dear ANet writers,

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Heck, for all we know Thorn blind folded him, gagged her, put the nail and hammer in his hands, and told him to go for it. I wouldn’t put it past the man. I mean he admits he was bored of that wife and his son loved her so much…

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I guess that makes me feel very slightly better about this Nolani thing- although it doesn’t excuse the fact that the Academy has been reduced to one big storage room for a single up-to-now unknown artifact.

And again, something that should have been in game. Even giving Tassi a single line saying the Reliquary was passed from hand to hand until it arrived in Nolani would have mitigated a lot of my disappointment on patch day.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

To be fair, though, Aaron… those are ruins. a lot of the academy has been torn down and demolished. You can tell that just by the scenery. That one room is likely a bottom basement kind of place.

Dear ANet writers,

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

I wish that story had been in game :/ So dark and creepy.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Which is most likely also the reason why they wouldn’t even try to put it in-game.
If they had put it in-game they would most likely had to cut down on it quite a bit due to rating.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Which is most likely also the reason why they wouldn’t even try to put it in-game.
If they had put it in-game they would most likely had to cut down on it quite a bit due to rating.

Whats to censor in this story that could not have ben put in game have you heard the dialog between the two in the labyrinth

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Yeah, Thorn talks about skinning, burning alive, and all that fun stuff in GW1 all the time. It never hurt the rating because it was never actually done.

Bloody Prince

in Lore

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

He’s the archetypal angsty son.

He even dresses like a Goth, harbours deep-seated patricidal tendencies, venerates and models his appearance off villains who share his desire to watch the world burn (why so serious?), and is vulnerable to bright-coloured projectiles.

I’ve seen a lot of people making comparisons between him and The Joker, juggalos, etc. But think about it from a Tyrian perspective; we can assume from his fighting style he’s a necromancer. Judging from the Necro character creator page, it’s common and/or traditional for Necros to paint their faces as a sign of their craft. He wants to look as intimidating as possible, (with round cheeks and a pouty bottom lip he needs all the help he can get) XD So instead of a more traditional skull he’s modeled his face paint on the Mad Moon – Mad King Thorns’ shield. (Probably for daddy issue related reasons, don’t get me started….) They’ve given us quite a bit of insight into his character and how he wants people to see him with just this one part of his design.

Fan-ranting essay aside, I’m keen to see where they take the story with these two. In the 3 months I’ve been playing, they’ve become 2 of my favourite characters and the Halloween livestream seemed to imply Blood and Madness was an introduction to set things up for next year. I would be all over more story on both of them and Thorns’ ex wives. Also, both of their voice actors are awesome, nuff said.