"Bubbles" the hidden Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Jormag is a female elder dragon (and she mostly corrupt male beings), DSD could be another one.
Also, do you remember the old artifact used by the Kraits in order to keep away Zhaitan corruption, which was then used by the Pact in Personal Story? I’m sure it has something to do with this Elder Dragon, not to mention the element attached to it which might be Fear according to the description, alongside Water.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Where did you get that Jormag is female?

Wiki quotes,
Though its gender is unknown, Jormag is referred to as male by the Sons of Svanir

in Lore

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Where did you get that Jormag is female?

Wiki quotes,
Though its gender is unknown, Jormag is referred to as male by the Sons of Svanir

I thought it was Female, welp sorry then…

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Are all elder dragons male?
perhaps naming the Deep Sea Dragon “Ursula” would be more fitting.
I still have the dream of a Hanse-like bond of sea- and trading cities like Lion’s Arch and you’ve got to sail from one to the other to protect trading routes and protect the cities from tentacle monsters from attacking and if you fail, all Blacklion-trading institutions (TP, vendors, you can still open chest of course) fail too.

We already know the DSD’s name starts with an “S”. That’s where “Steve” comes from. We could call her “Shirley” of course, if you prefer?

Shirley? You can’t be serious!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Elder Dragons have been stated to not even have genders as Tyrians can comprehend. So no, they ’re not all male – none are male.

But none are female either.

They are simply called with male pronouns for simplicity sake. Which is common when referring to an individual who’s gender is unknown – it’s either “him” or “them” (even if referring to a singular).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I still have the dream of a Hanse-like bond of sea- and trading cities like Lion’s Arch and you’ve got to sail from one to the other to protect trading routes and protect the cities from tentacle monsters from attacking and if you fail, all Blacklion-trading institutions (TP, vendors, you can still open chest of course) fail too.

We already know the DSD’s name starts with an “S”. That’s where “Steve” comes from. We could call her “Shirley” of course, if you prefer?

Sandra? Sabine? Sally?

One – Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

I am. And don’t call me Shirley.

in Lore

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

The Elder Dragons have been stated to not even have genders as Tyrians can comprehend. So no, they ’re not all male – none are male.

But none are female either.

They are simply called with male pronouns for simplicity sake. Which is common when referring to an individual who’s gender is unknown – it’s either “him” or “them” (even if referring to a singular).

cool. So when the EDs don’t have different biological sexes, are all Elder dragons able to lay eggs, like Glint? Or are the most of them not able to procreate biologically and only able to build their armies with their respective minions.

I didn’t mean “Ursula” seriously…just thought of the tentacles and deep sea and this together with the sea being female in a lot of mythologies… I was reminded of Ursula from Disney’s little Mermaid.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well, first we have to define what Elder Dragons are.

As seen by Zhaitan and Mordremoth, their bodies differ vastly so they’re not of the same species – that goes for Primordus and Kralkatorrik who’s bodies we’ve seen parts of too.

In Edge of Destiny, Kralkatorrik is defined as “more magical than physical” which has always led me to believe that the Elder Dragons aren’t “true dragons” so much as “taking on draconic shapes”. Mordremoth being able to regrow his serpentine dragon body is similar.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

DSDs minions are described in the book Sea of Sorrows.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

No they aren’t. The DSD’s minions are never described anywhere.

Only dragon minions in the Sea of Sorrows novel are risen.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

No they aren’t. The DSD’s minions are never described anywhere.

Only dragon minions in the Sea of Sorrows novel are risen.

I don’t know if you mean specifically only in sea of sorrows, but his minions are described in the movement of the world: “In the deepest waters of the sea, another dragon breathed, twisting the waters themselves into tentacled horrors that rose from every lake and river of the land.”

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

DresdenAllblack said that they’re described in the book Sea of Sorrows. But that novel only depicted risen.

Even in the Sea of Sorrows location, the DSD’s minions are not there. We don’t see tentacled horrors in “eveyr lake and river of the land” – so the Movement of the World is talking about a land that is not Tyria. No Tyrian has seen the DSD’s minions except some Inquest, and of course the refugees (krait, quaggan, karka, and though they’re not refugees, the largos).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well, first we have to define what Elder Dragons are.

As seen by Zhaitan and Mordremoth, their bodies differ vastly so they’re not of the same species – that goes for Primordus and Kralkatorrik who’s bodies we’ve seen parts of too.

In Edge of Destiny, Kralkatorrik is defined as “more magical than physical” which has always led me to believe that the Elder Dragons aren’t “true dragons” so much as “taking on draconic shapes”. Mordremoth being able to regrow his serpentine dragon body is similar.

I had always assumed they were simply dragons that lived in the ancient past kinda like dinosaurs in the real world. But of course there was no asteroid / super-volcano / dark-matter or whatever so they never went extinct. Furthermore I had assumed dragons were naturally magic sponges and that a few of them absorbed so much magic that they transformed into giant eldritch monsters.
But yeah Mordremoth seems so different from Zhaitan (seemingly not even having a central body).
I guess another theory I was mulling over was the elemental one. Apparently elementals naturally form where there are high concentrations of magic. So EDs could simply be elementals-like entities that assumed a dragon-like forms because magic.

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)