Could Abaddon be a Largos?

in Lore

Posted by: Inc.4753

Inc.4753

I posted the following in another topic regarding the screenshot we got today in POI, but the lore forums seem a more appropriate place for this question:

Earlier, someone suggested the statue was a largos, and looking at the concept art that is featured on the wiki, the statue could resemble a largos without its wings. Now that we seem to have determined it is Abaddon, I was wondering whether there is a possibility Abaddon was in fact a Largos (or a predecessor) before ascending to godhood. According to the GW1 wiki Abaddon got his powers from another god, thus suggesting he was not always a god (and that means he could have been a mortal). It would also fit with the attributes ‘water’ and ‘secrets’, as the Largos live in/under water and don’t talk very much.

It’s a pretty shaky theory with (AFAIK) no information available that suggested this possibility before, but I’m still wondering if someone here knows something that might collaborate or debunk this theory.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I wouldn’t really consider the statue to resemble a largos in any way shape or form, in all honesty.

The only god that resembles a largos is, imo, Dwayna. And this is only because of the blue skin concept that Dwayna has (and the wings).

Though an early (pre-NF release beta) lore distributed to Asia communities only (Note: Asian communities have altered lore due to laws there), Abaddon did have wings that were compared to the eternal blue sea.

Trying to relate Abaddon to largos just because of the sea and knowledge aspects is sketchy at best. His primary aspect is knowledge – he only became the god of secrets after his fall, where he became a secret; and his domain of the sea depths seems to be tied to the boundlessness of the sea more than anything else. Like Dwayna’s relation to air, Lyssa’s relation to water, Grenth’s relation to ice, etc. Abaddon’s relation to water/sea is more a correlation to his primary aspect of knowledge.

In fact, what little lore we have indicates that he was a bit too giving in his knowledge. So that definitely wouldn’t match largos mentality there.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Abaddon, the other human gods, and humans themselves, come from a different planet. There is zero indication that the Largos were brought along from this planet as well. I don’t see enough of a physical similarity to be notable anyways.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Technically, the only gods known to come from said other planet are Dwayna, Melandru, and Balthazar.

Abaddon, Dhuum, and Lyssa’s origins are unknown – as is whether or not they come from the same other planet.

Lyssa is event specifically mentioned to have forgotten origins, hinting that she may not have come from this other world. And Abaddon known to having a predecessor could imply the same – though if such is true, then the gods were a lot better at removing this knowledge than they were of Abaddon or even Dhuum (whom except for rare Orrian knowledge is never mentioned in Tyria except via the Priory and priesthood of Grenth).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.