Elder Dragon and ED Minion Cooperation

in Lore

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

This is a wierd subject for me to cover, because there is little evidence of what may happen, in this all.

So, this is a nightmare scenario for anyone, assuming that these dragons do not see each other as rivals. From what we can see so far, they do not seem to care about the other, but we also never see their minions cross paths. I am assuming that the minions of each dragon acts for their masters’ interest. It would be interesting to see what’d happen if say an Icebrood and Branded were somehow able to cross paths.

The only place I’ve seen multiple minions in the same place, so far, was in Vexa’s Lab. That little asura somehow managed to contain destroyers, branded, icebrood, and risen. However, she never released them in in mixed groups(as I recall). I might be reading to much into this, but there should be a reason. Plus, it’s just fun to sppeculate what would happen.

So, here’s the dicussion questions: Do you believe there is potential for Elder Dragon Cooperation, if their influence overlapped?

in Lore

Posted by: Excelliate.7914

Excelliate.7914

Well, under forced conditions(like the Crucible of Eternity), the minions won’t attack each other, but I don’t think we’ve ever seen them interact normally. I imagine the dragons themselves are fairly territorial and don’t exactly get along. I’m of the opinion that the reason the dragons don’t lead off by blitzing all of Tyria is that they don’t want to provoke a fight with another dragon.

Regnum Ascalon [RegA] ~~ Dragonbrand

in Lore

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

I don’t remember where but it has been stated that the elder dragons do not cooperate and minions will kill each other

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Lore

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

That is actually along my lines of thinking as well, seeing as basically they’re just feeding. It’s understandable for them to be likely to fight over their food.

in Lore

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

End of first paragraph under “Nature and physiology”:
“… Elder Dragons appear to be hostile to each other, as their minions will fight another dragon’s minions just as they would fight any living creature.”
- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t remember where but it has been stated that the elder dragons do not cooperate and minions will kill each other

This. We were told that their minions are hostile to each other, and the dragons themselves are not allies.

Crucible of Eternity does present an odd situation where there’s one room (just one in story, and just one in explorable) where minions of all four main dragons and possibly Mordremoth are together. But I consider this more of a mechanical situation, given how all dungeon foes share the same affiliation (by Anet terminology: armies), and thus would treat anything else in the dungeon as an ally (as well as all counting to the same Slayer achievement). At least that’s the case with most dungeons.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Shaftronics.8651

Shaftronics.8651

This. We were told that their minions are hostile to each other, and the dragons themselves are not allies.

Crucible of Eternity does present an odd situation where there’s one room (just one in story, and just one in explorable) where minions of all four main dragons and possibly Mordremoth are together. But I consider this more of a mechanical situation, given how all dungeon foes share the same affiliation (by Anet terminology: armies), and thus would treat anything else in the dungeon as an ally (as well as all counting to the same Slayer achievement). At least that’s the case with most dungeons.

They can be in seperate ‘teams’ as shown in Explorable Ascalonian Catacombs in which it was totally possible to pit Oozes against gravelings and the tactic in which you lured the occasional cave troll into fighting Kholer instead of doing it yourself.

It’s more of a mechanical issue as it would be pretty kitten if the four of them proceeded to hit each other instead of doing it yourself. Not much of a fight that way.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The only room where the dragon minions are allied is, in explorable mode, where they’ve surrounded a shielded Inquest member – I’ve never once had a group which decided to save that Inquest member, preferring to self-destruct the shield to kill all minions. So who knows if they fight each other if you save him.

In story mode, they’re recently made by Inquest devices, so they may not have the standard dragon minion mentality (in fact, same can go to the ones in explorable mode, since they may be the same situation).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

The only room where the dragon minions are allied is, in explorable mode, where they’ve surrounded a shielded Inquest member – I’ve never once had a group which decided to save that Inquest member, preferring to self-destruct the shield to kill all minions. So who knows if they fight each other if you save him.

I do, and no they don’t fight each other. It was strangely charming to see Icebrood next to Destroyer, all most hand in hand, waiting for my team to respawn, so we could fight them again.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Excelliate.7914

Excelliate.7914

Well, usually minions will also obey the strongest champion around, which, in the Crucible of Eternity, is Subject Alpha. I don’t know, maybe it could be acting as a moderator of sorts?

Regnum Ascalon [RegA] ~~ Dragonbrand

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

That’s a good point. Since Subject Alpha has the energies of five Elder Dragons (supposedly five), it might hold command over the others. It does over risen, at least.

Dear ANet writers,