Entanglement - trailer recap/speculation

in Lore

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

Very brief since I haven’t much time. But feel free to add!

• First we see what appears to be the Mysterious Figure blowing a warhorn and rallying a centaur force. Could be wrong but the ominous music suggests that these guys aren’t friendly. But then what of their banners, which apparently show the Pale Tree? My suspicion is that these are an as-of-yet unseen centaur tribe, and I don’t think I’ll be shocking anyone by guessing they’re somehow related to Ventari. So we’ll be getting more sylvari lore, it seems.
  • Next: the B-iconics walking through a more lush looking area, with some huge, magical-looking shell of some sort in the background. It looks artificial.
  • Same lush region, an earth elemental is visible, and there is a broken cylinder floating above them, its parts held in place. It reminds me of the Vigil Megalaser, but it is obviously much older. Perhaps a weapon against the Elder Dragons from the last cycle?
  • A glimpse of what appears to be a miniature Rata Sum, with holographic lines surrounding it. The thing in front of it may be a hologram projector (looks like Scarlet built it). It looks exactly like this thing.
  • Next, a shot of Concordia destroyed by jungle vines. Condordia is on the other side of Tyria, so the jungle dragon’s corruption seems to be spreading fast. It is also a Pact fortification (and it is where the Pact was founded), so this could be a tactical move on Mordremoth’s part. It would also mean that the Pact’s involvement in what’s coming is inevitable.
  • A lone, scared looking Vigil soldier being killed by a vine. Not much to say here.
  • An adventurer getting smashed by a giant; Zephyr Sanctum wreckage is visible in the background. We still know barely anything about the giants, but since the ones we’ve met already haven’t told us much about the species, I’m not too hopeful here.
  • The trailer ends with a shot of the town of Prosperity, destroyed by vines. If Mordremoth is attacking tactically, then what is the importance of Prosperity? Proximity to ley lines? Or could it be that Scarlet really was trying to work against the Elder Dragon? If that’s the case, it raises huge questions about who she and Aerin were really working for. It could also mean that we’re not getting a side-arc about the bandits and White Mantle this season after all (but then where is the island we’re visiting in November, if not Janthir?)

The trailer can be found here. Again, sorry about the brevity, it was more a recap than analysis but it’s still worth doing, I think!

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

(edited by Tamias.7059)

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

most of what you said is what i took from it too. except your “ancient megalaser” was to me a leyline. they seem to be inside a cave, or at least really deep down a canyon, so it’s not that unlikely that the leyline scarlet overloaded earlier this year would end up like that. plus, we endeed chapter one with a miner telling us where she found a leyline (or as she put it, a blinding bright light) on the old mine.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

I’m with Bruno on the part with the megalaser (at 18 seconds) looks like a leyline to me.

The part after at 21 seconds does look like the diagram from Scarlet’s room.

I thought all the giants were extinct/risen in the game? or mostly for that part, only giant i’ve seen a live was during an event where you help would clear his cave of trolls.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

There are theories that the ‘corruption’ is using the waypoints to spread.

There are two (as far as I know) jungle vines that are constantly touching waypoints at the moment. One in Dry Top, and one in Brisban Wildlands by the skritt. This may be how it reached Concordia so quickly.

in Lore

Posted by: Errannar.8263

Errannar.8263

The thorny vines might be moving along the leylines, given that they have started appearing near other waypoints and the text in one of the new books.

Priory Durmand library

“Erosion and Waypoint Stability” by Technican Penn

A short technical paper by Technican Penn, entitled “Erosion and Waypoint Stability.”
(read on)
It says, “Some waypoints gradually fail over time, while others thrive. Current theories tie the failing waypoints to terrain that hinders the flow of energies.”
(read on)
It continues, “However, we have not been able to predict where a waypoint will thrive or fail. The specific conditions required for failure remain unknown.”
(read on)
It concludes, “We have no other recourse but to apply a trial-and-error method to waypoint placement. Those that fail are dismanteled to keep the waypoint grid strong.”
(leave)

“I like going on adventures, helping my friends and watching things burn.”
~ Spring Flow, Sylvari Guardian

in Lore

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

There are theories that the ‘corruption’ is using the waypoints to spread.

There are two (as far as I know) jungle vines that are constantly touching waypoints at the moment. One in Dry Top, and one in Brisban Wildlands by the skritt. This may be how it reached Concordia so quickly.

I dont think the vines are travelling via waypoint. that doesnt make sense, wouldnt it get chopped into two peices from that?
I think mordy is attacking concordia because he knows what scarlet knows, and she knew that the pact killed zhaitan, and so mordy is doing a lil preemptive strike.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I dont think the vines are travelling via waypoint. that doesnt make sense, wouldnt it get chopped into two peices from that?
I think mordy is attacking concordia because he knows what scarlet knows, and she knew that the pact killed zhaitan, and so mordy is doing a lil preemptive strike.

Why would they?
Do we get chopped into two pieces when we use WPs?

We actually know that Scarlet did work on Mobile WPs, which would suggest that she (and therefore Mordy) had rather good knowledge of them and as such it is fully possible that it could use them in order to travel far.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Zayd Akira.1942

Why would they?
Do we get chopped into two pieces when we use WPs?

We actually know that Scarlet did work on Mobile WPs, which would suggest that she (and therefore Mordy) had rather good knowledge of them and as such it is fully possible that it could use them in order to travel far.

We as humanoids are not attached to a single immovable source. A vine has to have roots somewhere. it cant just slither around like a snake.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We as humanoids are not attached to a single immovable source. A vine has to have roots somewhere. it cant just slither around like a snake.

Dollies aren’t humanoid either, and yet they seem to be fully able to use WPs.

We don’t know the nature of the vines at this time. It is fully possible that they are simply long strands of something (like a snake) or that they simply can travel via the energy used in the WPs.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Errannar.8263

Errannar.8263

I wonder why Concordia is being attacked, since most of the Pact is currently located at Fort Trinity. Would an Elder Dragon perform a symbolic attack? Psychological warfare, maybe?

“I like going on adventures, helping my friends and watching things burn.”
~ Spring Flow, Sylvari Guardian

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Screenshots attached.
Seems the megalazer is just a ‘tube’ of glowy magic stuff in some sort of an underground cavern. Probably has something to do with the Inquest. Hopefully they’re role will decrease as Mordy’s increases. Although no reason they couldn’t introduce a named inquest character for us to have another boss fight with ala Aerin style. We don’t want to jump too quickly into the fighting Mordy-bit.

Does make sense, although you’d imagine Fort Trinity would have been a juicier target. Although since Fort Trinity was a forward camp in the fight against Zhaitan (who’s dead) I’m not sure if it’s the heart of the Pack. Surely more so then Concordia which is a barely manned camp. Still it’s a wide scale attack, hitting as many Pack outpost as possible it would make more sense.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

the centaur in the beginning is definitly not the mysterious figure
he looks totally different
the mysterious figure had pretty much the exact same appearance as Tamini centaurs (form of the horns, armor is the same, body form – only color is different but that doesnt say too much in my opinion since it is the same model and body form)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tamini_Chieftain.jpg
is the same model —> has same body, horns and almost the same armor
just different skin color

the centaur in the video though is the Modniir model
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Modniir_Beastmaster.jpg

the red thing on his back is the same like in the wiki screenshot, the form of the body, the form of the horns all the same …

so im not saying the mysterious figure is Tamini and the centaur in the video Modniir
but they are definitly not the same or anet made a pretty obvious mistake

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

The centaur blowing the warhorn doesn’t have a helm, while the mysterious figure did.

in Lore

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

The centaur blowing the warhorn doesn’t have a helm, while the mysterious figure did.

yes could have just been so you dont see his face
but the centaur race in the video is anotherone than the Mysteirous Figure

thats what i wanted to point out ^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

@Xukavi There are actually six giants in-game right now- the friendly one you mentioned in Kessex, another friendly one in Lornar’s (part of an explorer achieve), and another in south-west Harathi (that one is another event), then hostile event champs in eastern Harathi and southern Diessa, and a single normal hostile during an event in south-west Brisban (though that can scale to be more, which is the only semi-sane way to get Giant Slayer). But yeah, I’m hyped for more giants.

As to the attacks, I’m not convinced that they are being targeted. The tendrils so far seem to just be spreading haphazardly. Concordia might be proof to the contrary, but then again, it might just be the trailer’s choice of several more random targets that will get attacked next patch.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

@Xukavi There are actually six giants in-game right now- the friendly one you mentioned in Kessex, another friendly one in Lornar’s (part of an explorer achieve), and another in south-west Harathi (that one is another event), then hostile event champs in eastern Harathi and southern Diessa, and a single normal hostile during an event in south-west Brisban (though that can scale to be more, which is the only semi-sane way to get Giant Slayer). But yeah, I’m hyped for more giants.

As to the attacks, I’m not convinced that they are being targeted. The tendrils so far seem to just be spreading haphazardly. Concordia might be proof to the contrary, but then again, it might just be the trailer’s choice of several more random targets that will get attacked next patch.

An attack on Concordia, a pact base which has a waypoint at it (and we see the vines are explicitly attacking the soldiers there), AND Propserity (also shown with kills)…

I’m convinced we are seeing Mordi doing the dragon thing of surging forward/outward before settling back for a little, similar to how Kralk, Jormag, Zhaitan, and Primordus all have done. Either it’s the opening surge, or thanks to the ley line surge and Scarlet we are seeing a coordinated, planned strike outward. Though IIRC Zhaitan did a similar thing toward coastal towns after the raising of Orr.

in Lore

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

The Mysterious Figure may have been a placeholder while artists worked on his final design, given that players weren’t supposed to discover him yet.

in Lore

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

@OP,
Where did we see their banner and logo? I don’t think there was one in the trailer (and I’ve only looked at a picture of the mysterious figure once and that was real quick, so if someone has a link to it I’d kinda like to look at it again).

Nevermind, looked at this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/Dry-Top-centaur-camp-pictures

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The Veldrunner Centaurs used to venerate Ancestor Trees, which they use to pass down memories from their forebears.

It’s possible that these Centaurs have a similar tradition. It’s also possible that there are more Pale Trees out there.

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

The river might be the one the miners mentioned finding, and the glowing tube might be the Ley Line that Scarlet found.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

At the very least I still have 990 or so giants to go for my giant slayer achievement, so I’m all for more giants! In fact, how about we take them on like 50 at a time :P

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

The cylinder-like structure around what’s presumably a leyline looks more like a pipeline to me. Wouldn’t be surprised if leylines had been known to elder races or another ancient race and that it originally led the magic current to …somewhere for some purpose.

Also unrelated to the trailer but possibly to season 2:

The waypoints in Brisban and Dry Top aren’t the only ones blinking.
The one in Fort Salma blinks too and has a vine. Cough such coincidence cough.

Edit: Woah were they crates full of krait obelisk shards before in Fort Salma? I can’t remember them and they’re just in front of the waypoint and around it.

(edited by ElysianEternity.6215)

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Maybe Mordy is getting a feel for the magical network that the waypoints use?

If he/it/whatever is able to get a good read on the magical signature of a waypoint, or maybe the connection it shares with the magical network as a whole, Mordy might be able to follow the connections to “feel” for the rest of the waypoints in Tyria.

After that, it a simply matter of just sending vines to waypoint locations, since it’s a good chance that their is some sort of settlement or base nearby.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Lore

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

You guys should check this out:

http://i.imgur.com/AKb2tPf.jpg

Note: this is not my picture but redditor/u/samuirai’s

Mordremoth definately has a thing for waypoints.

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Next featured romance from Anet, “Mordremoth/Waypoints.”

On a side note, since its a bit hard to see from that picture, but blue motes are winding down the vine from the waypoint. So I think its safe to say that Mordremoth is siphoning magic off them, and depending on how magically rich they are, it would make an easy explanation on why Mordy might do a wide scale push into Tyria.

It’s because Asuras leave such magical snacks everywhere!

Edit: On a side note, anyone want to place odds on Mordy attacking Rata Sum? If its snacking on the waypoints like candy bars, it only makes sense for it to go to the huge magical chocolate factory where they all come from.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It has a thing for magic. Seeing as waypoints are a lore thing (still ugh) they are a magical network it can feed off of.

I checked out Concordia and maybe it’s just my instance of the map, but Tactician Art is behaving very strangely. He seems bugged, teleporting back and forth and running in a weird triangle. I don’t think it’s intentional, I think someone dun and gone broked him.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

• The trailer ends with a shot of the town of Prosperity, destroyed by vines. If Mordremoth is attacking tactically, then what is the importance of Prosperity? Proximity to ley lines? Or could it be that Scarlet really was trying to work against the Elder Dragon? If that’s the case, it raises huge questions about who she and Aerin were really working for. It could also mean that we’re not getting a side-arc about the bandits and White Mantle this season after all (but then where is the island we’re visiting in November, if not Janthir?)

I’ve always thought Scarlet waking up Mordremoth because she was serving Mordremoth was a bit too pat, particularly when the What Scarlet Saw story had her talking about setting forces against one another – simply serving one of those forces would not be setting forces against one another, but if she was working on behalf of some third party to pit Mordremoth against the Pact, then that would fit.

Of course, that’s referring to an out of game source, so, well, you know…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

Woah were they crates full of krait obelisk shards before in Fort Salma? I can’t remember them and they’re just in front of the waypoint and around it.

This raises some really interesting possibilities. Krait obelisk shards are obviously very magical, but truthfully we don’t know much more about them. We don’t know anything about the krait prophets, either. What we do know is that they have been in possession of artefacts that are resistant to dragon corruption.

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

Maybe someone has been scattering magic beans around.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Theory: The blueprint of the device we saw in Scarlet’s old room was a device we’ll see in the next epiode (pretty much confirmed from the trailer) and was created by her for 2 reasons.

1- Its a mapping of the waypoints around the world or the very least those personal waypoints she was trying to create

2- Allows the vines to traverse the magical currents between those waypoints

And that is how Mordy will spread throughout Tyria.

in Lore

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Where is that picture taken?
Anyway how many vines emerging near waypoints are accounted for so far?
-Fort Salma waypoint,
-Falcon Waypoint,
-a few waypoints in Brisbane Wildlands (but that was to be expected).

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Where is that picture taken?
Anyway how many vines emerging near waypoints are accounted for so far?
-Fort Salma waypoint,
-Falcon Waypoint,
-a few waypoints in Brisbane Wildlands (but that was to be expected).

It’s the Tunnels Waypoint in Brisbran Wildlands. Though given the fast rate it is spreading, I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple more are… entangled in a few days.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

Many around Fort Salma. Even the overlord’s waypoint seem to have one which is less obvious connected with a part of the tower trash.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Another post from Reddit. People documented the spreading of the vines.

http://abload.de/img/worldmap070914foeer.jpg

Credit to /u/omlech and /u/Professor_Retro from reddit

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The vines may be following Marjory’s sister, for whatever reason. If not then the most likely destination is along the ley line back to the pool of energy under the breachmaker in Lion’s Arch. The tower of nightmares is also in the path.

It’s also possible that the Inquest have noticed this and were wanting to track back to the source of the disturbance through Tangle Root. Kill first, do research later.

in Lore

Shiren.9532

I’ve always thought Scarlet waking up Mordremoth because she was serving Mordremoth was a bit too pat, particularly when the What Scarlet Saw story had her talking about setting forces against one another – simply serving one of those forces would not be setting forces against one another, but if she was working on behalf of some third party to pit Mordremoth against the Pact, then that would fit.

Of course, that’s referring to an out of game source, so, well, you know…

We keep getting told (out of game) the Pact is very weak post Zhaitan. Why create a plan that takes an incredibly long time that didn’t once target the Pact? Scarlet had Aetherblades, Molten Alliance, Toxic Alliance, steam creatures and watchwork horrors. If she wanted to go after the Pact, why wouldn’t she just do it? Her army was freaking huge. If she (or someone influencing her) wanted to take down the Pact, sure waking another Elder Dragon could be a way to do it (remember, the Pact was able to survive and win when taking on three Elder Dragons, a third one over a year from recovering from Zhaitan combined with the experience on fighting Zhaitan, so why would Mordremoth succeed where Zhaitan failed?) but wouldn’t a far more efficient way simply be to focus her armies on Pact activities instead of everything else in Tyria?

If Scarlet (or something influencing her) wanted to take on the Pact, why not have the Molten Alliance hit Pact operations in Frostgorge Sound and the Brand? Why wouldn’t the Toxic Alliance hit them in Mount Maelstrom and Timberline Falls? Why wouldn’t the Aetherblades, steam creatures, watchwork horrors and Breachmaker hit them at Fort Trinity?

During Scarlet’s time the Pact was weak. Scarlet had large armies and powerful weapons. Waking an Elder Dragon is taking a path that was tried and failed (the Pact has proven they can beat an Elder Dragon) especially if it took a year to begin. It seems to me that if Scarlet (or someone influencing her) wanted to target the Pact, her armies would have been a much better way of doing it – especially when they were so vulnerable in the first place.

Aside from Aetherblades stealing Pact ships, the Pact don’t play a role at all in season one. If they were targets, we would have seen it before now. Who would want to take out the Pact other than an Elder Dragon? We saw the (incredibly unbelievable) excuse this year that the Pact only cares about Elder Dragons. They outright ignored a freaking terrorist as kittencarlet, who built bioweapons, WMDs, created turmoil all across Tyria threatening the breeding grounds of their troops (not just the racial capitals, but the Orders the Pact recruits from) and political stability of important nations. If the Pact is going to not give a kitten about all of that for a year (and ignore the destruction of Lion’s Arch) who other than an Elder Dragon would be concerned about the Pact? The Pact don’t lift a finger to stop Scarlet, why would anyone want to stop them?

As far as pitting forces against each other goes, I suspect Elder Dragons against each other is more believable (Scarlet told Caithe that Tyria needs her). Or using Mordremoth to fight some unknown threat that hasn’t been revealed yet. Or waking Mordremoth wasn’t her goal, but she was disrupted from doing what she truly wanted to do.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

The pact has not taken on three elder dragons. It’s not “SUPER WEAK”, but it’s REBUILDING it’s forces and strength. Taking Orr and holding it isn’t that easy.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Has anyone thought that maybe the attack on Concordia (or wtv its called) has nothing to do with the Pact at all?

in Lore

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Has anyone thought that maybe the attack on Concordia (or wtv its called) has nothing to do with the Pact at all?

Why attack there then? There is nothing else there besides that fort, which is where the Pact basically started.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

I’ve been there after last patch and didn’t notice anything important, except some eruptions on the ground which are there since start of the game. Maybe there is something underground. I always wondered about the strange construction of this base.

Was this place in GW1 and did something happen there?

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Can anyone remember what happened during the story mission of Concordia? The researchers we saved found “an ancient dwarven tome that might help in defeating the elder dragons”. Maybe the reason he’s attacking there is to stop any more researchers looking for more artifacts.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

That’s pretty much it. Zhaitan was trying to stop us from getting that tome, and also to kill the leader of the nascent force that was mobilizing the entire continent to take him down.

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

The tome shouldn’t be there anymore. The priory should have shipped it into their home, but who knows.

Maybe it’s just an intermediate point on a longer travel http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2agwtg/we_discovered_where_the_vines_are_heading_heres/

I remember from that mission that Zhaitan put up a trap for us and closed one exit with roots.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

It wasn’t roots, it was a bone wall.

in Lore

Shiren.9532

The pact has not taken on three elder dragons. It’s not “SUPER WEAK”, but it’s REBUILDING it’s forces and strength. Taking Orr and holding it isn’t that easy.

Yes it is (or was)?

The Pact is fighting both the Claw of Jormag and the Shatterer in addition to its presence in Orr. That is in addition to the other dragon minions related to those two dragons. Add that to Zhaitan (or now, Mordremoth) and that’s three Elder Dragons. We were taking on Zhaitain just outside the Grove when we fought the undead in Caledon Forest.

Just because the Pact is not personally going toe to toe with Jormag and Kralkatorrik does not mean it’s not taking on those dragons (the fight with Zhaitan began long before you step foot in Orr, let alone Arah) – there is a reason they are fighting for territory against those minions. Orr isn’t the only place it’s holding, the Pact is taking on Jormag and Kralkatorrik’s minions and while those campaigns may not have the numbers that Orr did/does, they are considerable commitments. The only minions I’m not aware of the Pact directly fighting with are Primordius’ minions.

As far as how easy it is to hold Orr, how do you know it’s not easy? The Living Story hasn’t been back there once. The only versions of Orr we can see are frozen in time before Zhaitan fell. The game hasn’t shown us what Zhaitan’s minions did once he died. All we’ve heard was about Tequatl.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

A: It’s facing minions yes, the dragon themselves? No. Also, the VIGIL is taking on the Shatterer, not the Pact. The Pact is really facing the Claw of Jormag only really outside of Orr. Even then, it’s nothing more then a holding the line action, hardly a campaign.
B: I understand your context, though I wouldn’t word it that way personally. I’d probably word it something more like “They’ve faced the forces of three elder dragons in decent numbers.”
C: Orr was an ENTIRE NATION Turned to Risen. Plus all the pirates who took shelter there, plus everybody the Risen has killed and turned since then, plus corpses found from shipwrecks in the deep, Plus all the native wildlife turned to risen.

That’s like attacking the USA, but instead of just fighting all the people walking around, you are fighting all the corpses buried there, and every animal in the forests and lakes. Oh, and everybody who died just off the coast.

It’s a very, very large number of risen, and they aren’t easy to kill at all. Plus artifacts and dragon champions may continue to spawn more risen even with Zhaitan’s death. It was a fierce, costly battle to reach Arah and take out Zhaitan, why would it suddenly become easy afterwards? the Risen by no means just stopped fighting and/or died. Traehearne, IIRC, stated outright that Orr wouldn’t be safe and the Risen would be a threat for a long time, though now it’s a slowly dwindling threat instead of one growing larger each day.

Frankly, if you go there, a very real concern in one camp in cursed shore is the fact the caravan guards/ the scouts or messagers HADN’T returned yet. And that for all they know, they could be shipping supplies straight to a Risen horde charging them. Zhaitan is dead and the source of Orr cleansed, but the Risen will be there until every last one of them is killed. Which will be a long time seeing as we haven’t even been through HALF of Orr.

in Lore

Zayd Akira.1942

A: It’s facing minions yes, the dragon themselves? No. Also, the VIGIL is taking on the Shatterer, not the Pact. The Pact is really facing the Claw of Jormag only really outside of Orr. Even then, it’s nothing more then a holding the line action, hardly a campaign.
B: I understand your context, though I wouldn’t word it that way personally. I’d probably word it something more like “They’ve faced the forces of three elder dragons in decent numbers.”
C: Orr was an ENTIRE NATION Turned to Risen. Plus all the pirates who took shelter there, plus everybody the Risen has killed and turned since then, plus corpses found from shipwrecks in the deep, Plus all the native wildlife turned to risen.

That’s like attacking the USA, but instead of just fighting all the people walking around, you are fighting all the corpses buried there, and every animal in the forests and lakes. Oh, and everybody who died just off the coast.

It’s a very, very large number of risen, and they aren’t easy to kill at all. Plus artifacts and dragon champions may continue to spawn more risen even with Zhaitan’s death. It was a fierce, costly battle to reach Arah and take out Zhaitan, why would it suddenly become easy afterwards? the Risen by no means just stopped fighting and/or died. Traehearne, IIRC, stated outright that Orr wouldn’t be safe and the Risen would be a threat for a long time, though now it’s a slowly dwindling threat instead of one growing larger each day.

Frankly, if you go there, a very real concern in one camp in cursed shore is the fact the caravan guards/ the scouts or messagers HADN’T returned yet. And that for all they know, they could be shipping supplies straight to a Risen horde charging them. Zhaitan is dead and the source of Orr cleansed, but the Risen will be there until every last one of them is killed. Which will be a long time seeing as we haven’t even been through HALF of Orr.

It took 250 years for the undead in kryta to be eradicated.
Are you saying there is no hope for the living story to revamp Orr??
ALL HOPE IS LOST!