Floating Grizwhirls?

Floating Grizwhirls?

in Lore

Posted by: Michael.8562

Michael.8562

Hello all, can someone clear up this minor point for me? Who created the floating grizwhirl? In the Asura player story Teyo presents a floating grizwhirl as the Inquest entry for the Snaff Prize. I’m guessing the rules for the Snaff Prize indicate that plagiarism is not allowed (Teyo was not above outright thievery, though she’d never admit to it) unless some significant improvement or advance had taken place for a piece of older tech to qualify for entry.

Then everyone knows of Uzolan’s floating grizwhirl/kidnapping mess.

So did the Inquest steal from Uzolan ( unthinkable, I know )? Or did Uzolan steal from the Asura?

Or third possibility – is “Floating Grizwhirl” a generic name for something that each improved upon to make it uniquely their own – like a car vs a Jaguar or a Buick?

Floating Grizwhirls?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s a pretty well buried plot thread, but there’s a bit from Zojja about how the Inquest sold asura tech to Uzolan. My bet is that that’s how he acquired it, since his talents are in adapting other races’ technology more than in inventing anything with original capacities.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Floating Grizwhirls?

in Lore

Posted by: Michael.8562

Michael.8562

Thanks for the response Aaron. I should have searched a little more thoroughly because I found this thread from about a year ago where you answer the same question.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/The-Grizwhirl-s-Origins-Spoilers

I wonder if we’ll ever get to see one.