HoT Trailer discussion

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

I’d call the Mursaat more than bullies. However I agree that I can see a scenario where they are allies of convenience. My concern is how it is presented and how that reflects on humans. Humanity has kind of been presented in a rather underwhelming and rather lame fashion in GW2. Their lore usually involves taking hits or being shown how far they have fallen. I don’t like the idea of a scenario where people are inclined to sympathise with the Mursaat because it will make humanity look bad and its been made to look bad enough.

Ok I got your point, let’s keep the different opinions of the Mursaat’s doing in GW1.

Well, underplaying the humans were common when other new races were introduced, especially in GW because before EotN, the plot was pretty much about humans, the charr were mostly villains, only a few individuals were allies.

I don’t think the Mursaat will make humans look bad, as long as they don’t do the same thing in GW1 anymore. I’m very interested in them and want to know more about this race and the Seer if possible.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

A mursaat alliance storyline is certainly one that would need to be handled carefully. One thing to consider, however, is whether Lazarus is representative of the mursaat as a whole – what if the surviving mursaat have no interest in continuing to persecute a covert war against Kryta and the White Mantle thing is purely Lazarus’ doing, and the other mursaat consider Lazarus an embarassment and are just as eager to see him taken down as the Shining Blade is? Nothing unites like a common enemy…

Fire breathing Mordrem though? It would seem kinda weird for the Mordy, the jungle dragon, to create/grow those. I was hoping more along the lines of them possibly being some type of Cantha-esque lesser dragon.

a lot of them seem to be spewing a flammable liquid, rather than outright fire. it’s like they drool napalm. but yes, fire breathing plants, why not? we have sylvari elementalists and engineers.

One possibility here is that we might be seeing Primordus dragons. Could be that we’ve found the species that was the template for the four-legged dragon champions, though (as opposed to wyvern-like Canthan dragons).

i don’t see the primordus relation, because 1- it doesn’t look like destroyers, and 2- destroyers seem to be mockeries mimmicking real wildlife, so if they really were the “base dragons”, they wouldn’t be primordus’.

either way, they all look clearly mordrem to me. not like we haven’t seen flying mordrem already.

Those were two seperate speculations, actually.

Some of the dragons we see there look rocky. Others are scaly, like conventional dragons, and not planty like mordrem – in fact, looking similar in form to the “statue” of Primordus seen in EotN.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Fire breathing Mordrem though? It would seem kinda weird for the Mordy, the jungle dragon, to create/grow those. I was hoping more along the lines of them possibly being some type of Cantha-esque lesser dragon.

a lot of them seem to be spewing a flammable liquid, rather than outright fire. it’s like they drool napalm. but yes, fire breathing plants, why not? we have sylvari elementalists and engineers.

One possibility here is that we might be seeing Primordus dragons. Could be that we’ve found the species that was the template for the four-legged dragon champions, though (as opposed to wyvern-like Canthan dragons).

i don’t see the primordus relation, because 1- it doesn’t look like destroyers, and 2- destroyers seem to be mockeries mimmicking real wildlife, so if they really were the “base dragons”, they wouldn’t be primordus’.

either way, they all look clearly mordrem to me. not like we haven’t seen flying mordrem already.

Those were two seperate speculations, actually.

Some of the dragons we see there look rocky. Others are scaly, like conventional dragons, and not planty like mordrem – in fact, looking similar in form to the “statue” of Primordus seen in EotN.

eh, they all have common themes with previous mordrem we’ve seen, especially teragriffs and the dragon.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

oh and here’s a picture of our new mursaat friends

Screw those guys. With a rusty infused ascended mace. No. No.

Mursaat are not friends, they’re a reason to swear at your monitor before you’re infused. They’re prime target number one after you can take them out. They are, quite literally, the last thing I would consider an ally.

I would consider allying with Flame Legion before allying with the mursaat. I would shave a charr before allying with the mursaat.

like i said in a following post, it might not be something that either party wants but they both need it.

we’re in a rush to kill mordremoth before they screw up a whole race (and then proceed to kill the rest of tyria), and the mursaat are living literally next to him.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

oh and here’s a picture of our new mursaat friends

Screw those guys. With a rusty infused ascended mace. No. No.

Mursaat are not friends, they’re a reason to swear at your monitor before you’re infused. They’re prime target number one after you can take them out. They are, quite literally, the last thing I would consider an ally.

I would consider allying with Flame Legion before allying with the mursaat. I would shave a charr before allying with the mursaat.

like i said in a following post, it might not be something that either party wants but they both need it.

we’re in a rush to kill mordremoth before they screw up a whole race (and then proceed to kill the rest of tyria), and the mursaat are living literally next to him.

Good. Let Mordremoth kill them and we can kill the dragon while he’s doing that. Win-win!

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The thing with the Mursaat bothers me and not only cause they were great villains and everything we have learned about them so far suggests they were a selfish and ruthless race.

You could say the same about various real human empires: the Egyptians, the Romans, the British. They all treated other people as lesser beings to be used as necessary.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If there’s one thing we know about the Mursaat, it’s that those horribly egotistical kittens will want to survive no matter what, and if they can’t flee into the Mists again, they aren’t left with many options now that Mordy knocking on their doorstep.

I wouldn’t be all that surprised if this turns out to be a forced alliance out of necessity. The Mursaat will be forced to concede they need allies (not friends) for their continued survival, and the player races need the Mursaat’s knowledge regarding the Elder Dragons and whatever the deal is with Glint’s egg. I do agree though that they need to handle the storyline with care, because at the very least the White Mantle is still very much a thing.

I do look forward to one thing though. If these Mursaat turn out to be friendly… no… let’s change that to agreeable, there is a chance we might get shamed exiled Lazarus hell-bent on vengeance after the war against Mordy might be over. Him seeing his once proud and powerful race having to ally with the mortals might push him over the edge.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

What about WP’s? Will the lost city have a WP?

Also, considering all the problems that Mursaat have caused for Queen Jenna’s family and the long history of hatred between the Mursaat and the Shining Blade, I just can’t see Queen Jenna, Logan and Anise support such an alliance.

MInister Caudecus is probably preparing a welcome speech for his new overlords as I write this though. This could make for some good political theater.

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

And did I hear O’Brien letting it slip at the beginning that most of the sylvari have turned?

I do believe he did. He said something along the lines of “Most of the race was corrupted/turned.”

Player Sylvari – they are the 1%

Occupy the Grove!

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Something worries me.

Rytlock is the first Revenant in the history of Tyria, am I right ? If I reroll as a Revenant, my character would have been born in a world where Rytlock is still a Warrior.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Most likely they either come from blessings from the Molten Alliance or Mordremoth happening to team up with Primordus who just so happens to be living in Maguuma Wastes(this team up may explain why the Mordrem are so dry looking compared to the Sylvari and Sylvan Hounds).

If Mordremoth has indeed allied with Primordus then Scarlet’s creation of the Molten Alliance would be symbolic of Primordus just as Mordremoth himself is represented by the Toxic Alliance.

Of course the Molten Alliance and Flame Legion themselves mey have been corrupted by Primordus considering their Magma arms seen here: !http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/6/63/Veteran_Molten_Gunner_and_Molten_Igniter.jpg! !http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b1/Veteran_Molten_Shaman.jpg! !http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/6/60/Veteran_Flame_Legion_Fire_Shaman.jpg!

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Something worries me.

Rytlock is the first Revenant in the history of Tyria, am I right ? If I reroll as a Revenant, my character would have been born in a world where Rytlock is still a Warrior.

Nope. The ‘current date’ of the world is the moment in time in which the current living story takes place. In other words, when Guild Wars 2 first launched the year was 1325 AE, while now it is 1328 AE.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Depends on whether they decide to reset the Personal Story or whether new characters will still be going through the old one.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Then I guess my graphic settings messed with the leaf appearances when I last looked, because they didn’t have pink – or at least that much pink.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Then I guess my graphic settings messed with the leaf appearances when I last looked, because they didn’t have pink – or at least that much pink.

can confirm that the pale tree never looked really pale in game :P

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: SoulyD.9125

SoulyD.9125

If the Mursaat become our allies, we should make sure to always have them in front of us. I’m not expecting those guys to have my back. No reason to give them an easy chance for their backstabing. But as the pc we will have to walk in front, don’t we? :/
But of the 5 races, only 2 have direct Reasons to mistrust them. The Humans (White Mantle and co.) and the Charr (they lost a whole army to them). The rest doesn’t have any history with them, so they could get tricked.
Or it will be like GW1. Look, those are our allies! Oh, now that you know the truth, we turn on you and try to kill you! Ah, good times.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

If the Mursaat become our allies, we should make sure to always have them in front of us. I’m not expecting those guys to have my back. No reason to give them an easy chance for their backstabing. But as the pc we will have to walk in front, don’t we? :/
But of the 5 races, only 2 have direct Reasons to mistrust them. The Humans (White Mantle and co.) and the Charr (they lost a whole army to them). The rest doesn’t have any history with them, so they could get tricked.
Or it will be like GW1. Look, those are our allies! Oh, now that you know the truth, we turn on you and try to kill you! Ah, good times.

The Musaat caused much less harm to the humans compare to the Charr.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

It’s an interesting philosophical question which the Queen might regard as having done more damage. The charr did more damage to Tyrian humanity as a whole by far, but when it comes to Kryta specifically… that’s a little more questionable. We don’t have any exact figures on who has died in the Krytan civil was as opposed to the charr attack on Kryta, and most of the human-charr wars since have taken place in Ascalon, without any effect on Kryta except for the deaths of people sent there. Meanwhile, from the Shining Blade’s perspective, White Mantle meddling has almost certainly done much more direct damage to Kryta than anything the charr have done.

There’s also the element that the charr never made any bones about their position regarding humans – they were always at war, the only surprise was that the charr had been losing for over a thousand years until they found something to turn that around. So when the charr decide it’s worth being friendly instead, it’s worth trying a ‘trust, but verify’ approach. The mursaat, on the other hand, have a track record of being frenemies.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

It’s an interesting philosophical question which the Queen might regard as having done more damage. The charr did more damage to Tyrian humanity as a whole by far, but when it comes to Kryta specifically… that’s a little more questionable. We don’t have any exact figures on who has died in the Krytan civil was as opposed to the charr attack on Kryta, and most of the human-charr wars since have taken place in Ascalon, without any effect on Kryta except for the deaths of people sent there. Meanwhile, from the Shining Blade’s perspective, White Mantle meddling has almost certainly done much more direct damage to Kryta than anything the charr have done.

There’s also the element that the charr never made any bones about their position regarding humans – they were always at war, the only surprise was that the charr had been losing for over a thousand years until they found something to turn that around. So when the charr decide it’s worth being friendly instead, it’s worth trying a ‘trust, but verify’ approach. The mursaat, on the other hand, have a track record of being frenemies.

Charr didn’t do huge damage to humanity because, the Mursaat defeated them and saved Kryta. The Mursaat didn’t want to destroy Kryta, the Charr wanted to.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

That does, however, fall into the “die free or live a slave” conundrum. Like drax said, trying to wipe humanity out might be considered more honest, and honesty is at least as big a concern as hostility when it comes to trust.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Heh. A good enemy is better than a traitorous friend? Makes sense though.

Charr didn’t do huge damage to humanity because, the Mursaat defeated them and saved Kryta. The Mursaat didn’t want to destroy Kryta, the Charr wanted to.

The Mursaat instead wanted it as a toy or tool. Your comparing a Slaver to a murderer. One kills you and the other robs you of your freedom and rights. Human life had no value to the Mursaat save as a resource to use. I don’t consider that much better myself.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Heh. A good enemy is better than a traitorous friend? Makes sense though.

More along the lines that an honest enemy is more likely to be honest about having a change of heart, while if someone has a track record of treachery you can never know if an olive branch is simply a prelude to more treachery.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

The Mursaat instead wanted it as a toy or tool. Your comparing a Slaver to a murderer. One kills you and the other robs you of your freedom and rights. Human life had no value to the Mursaat save as a resource to use. I don’t consider that much better myself.

Charr enslave humans as well, they torture their slaves to death if you play Gwen’s story. Also they don’t firstly save the whole nation.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The Shining Blade is basically two different organisations using the same name. In GW1 they were rebels, fighting against the White Mantle government that was ruling Kryta at the time (after Jennah’s ancestor abandoned the people to be slaughtered by the charr, White Mantle and the mursaat prevented Kryta from becoming Ascalon or Orr). In GW2 their role is to protect Jennah’s bloodline. Note they don’t protect the royalty, but the bloodline of Jennah. If Kryta became a republic tomorrow and elected Farren as President while Jennah moved to live in Queensdale, the Shining Blade wouldn’t protect the leader of the humans, they would protect Jennah.

I would say the White Mantle did more good than bad for Kryta. Their role today is similar to the Shining Blade’s role 250 years ago – a rebel terrorist group seeking to overthrow the established rulers. The big difference is the White Mantle and mursaat do bad things (sacrificing people in GW1 – for a good reason, working as bandits with centaurs to kill fellow humans in the war with the centaurs, although this may just be rebels taking on the name of the White Mantle and not fully representing the 250 year old organisation).

Today humans are being pushed out of every corner of the world and many die fighting to protect Kryta. It’s interesting to think, had the humans never betrayed the mursaat and continued to sacrifice a handful of their people, would Kryta be in a better position today? How different is a human sacrifice on a bloodstone compared to a human sacrificed in the war against the centaurs? Or against the charr? How many human lives could have been saved if the humans still had the musaat as allies?

Kryta has survived without the mursaat but is that more to do with literally all of humanity collapsing and reinforcing in Kryta as opposed to Kryta itself being strong? Even with Canthans, Elonians and Ascalonians joining Krytans to protect their homeland, the centaurs are having a lot of success fighting the humans.

You could argue the White Mantle only took power because of the charr. Had the charr never invaded Kryta, Saul may have never been pushed to a point of desperation where he would make an alliance with the mursaat (the mursaat may have come either way). For all the bad the White Mantle and the mursaat did, Kryta was very strong under their rule. Only through the meddling of an Elder Dragon champion were the mursaat able to be defeated, which ironically unleashed the threat of the titans.

The mursaat act in the interests of self preservation. They helped the Krytans so they could charge their soul batteries to keep the titans sealed (how were they doing it before?). The mursaat seem to fear the EDs because they fled last time they rose, it’s easy to believe the mursaat would be willing to fight them this time if they consider it in their interest. It doesn’t matter if Jennah or the Shining Blade want to ally with the mursaat, the mursaat are an ancient a magically powerful race that went toe to toe with the forgotten. Any secrets they hold, knowledge they could share or power they can grant would be invaluable.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Well, the centaurs are only having the success they had due to Kryta being undermined by internal forces, including the White Mantle insurgents.

To give a simple answer: Kryta may well have been “stronger” had it remained under mursaat control, but it would be like Elona: not really a human nation but a nation of humans dominated by others. Given the track record of the mursaat, too, it’s possible that the mursaat would have left when the dragons started rising, leaving Kryta to fend for itself… without any experience in standing on its own two feet.

Additionally, regarding the soldiers: I consider there to be a big difference between a soldier voluntarily putting his or her life on the line to defend their nation’s interests, and some random civilian being taken from their village, told they were going to be trained in magic, and then sacrificed because some floating eye pointed them out.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Incidentally, Shiren, how does thousands in the course of a few years constitute a handful? It doesn’t seem like that degree of slaughter could be sustainable. Would Kryta be any stronger if it was depopulated? Would an alternative timeline where only mursaat live to constitute it be preferable?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Why is everyone stuck in this endless debate about whether Mursaat are “good” or “bad”, while there’s a fracking OTHER PALE TREE right there in the image?

You are never ever going to agree on this Mursaat debate. Humans are miserable at debate, and few people ever change their minds, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. Give up!

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Why is everyone stuck in this endless debate about whether Mursaat are “good” or “bad”, while there’s a fracking OTHER PALE TREE right there in the image?

You are never ever going to agree on this Mursaat debate. Humans are miserable at debate, and few people ever change their minds, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. Give up!

I don’t know. Humans are wonderful things, and the human mind is ever so much more wonderful both in its resilience to change and its ability to process new data to integrate it into what it already knows.

Besides, you’re a bright person. You know as well as I do, the debate is not about the other person having their mind changed. It’s about the witnesses, the listeners, and what they think. Sometimes it might even be less about that, and more about a debate required to strengthen what is already known with new perspectives, new ideas.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Heck, I’ve been known to debate against my own position, just to make sure that both sides get the representation they deserve.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m also quite certain that those glowing beings we find in the golden city are Mursaat. They probably just got a “facelift” to make them seem more like the angelic beings Saul D’Alessio originally described them as.

I’m unsure of how to feel about allying with them. The Mursaat have always been a self-centered race that saw others as nothing more than tools or obstacles. On the other hand, there could always be outliers, and the three we see could be such. Just as we would not condemn all the Sylvari to death for being dragon minions (well, most of us wouldn’t, anyway ), we can’t condemn all Mursaat for the actions of the majority.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I’m also quite certain that those glowing beings we find in the golden city are Mursaat. They probably just got a “facelift” to make them seem more like the angelic beings Saul D’Alessio originally described them as.

I’m unsure of how to feel about allying with them. The Mursaat have always been a self-centered race that saw others as nothing more than tools or obstacles. On the other hand, there could always be outliers, and the three we see could be such. Just as we would not condemn all the Sylvari to death for being dragon minions (well, most of us wouldn’t, anyway ), we can’t condemn all Mursaat for the actions of the majority.

and really, only one of the 5 races has a beef with them, though the others would be foolish not to take a lesson from history.

this is, after all, a whole race of people with a history of betrayal, backstabbing, and abandoning allies. it’s not like they did it once, it’s a recurring thing with them. it’s what they do.

and those 3 seem to be in charge of what, as far as we know, is a whole city of mursaat. so if they’re outliers, than so would be most of the population there, which is far less likely. of course, there’s always the chance that those 3 are the only ones left, just 3 mursaat living on their own, in a ghost city, waiting to die.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Mental Paradox.3845

of course, there’s always the chance that those 3 are the only ones left, just 3 mursaat living on their own, in a ghost city, waiting to die.

Yeah, those three just sat there for 250 years with no hanky-panky to replenish their numbers.

Please.

If they were “waiting to die”, wouldn’t they have died centuries ago?

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

of course, there’s always the chance that those 3 are the only ones left, just 3 mursaat living on their own, in a ghost city, waiting to die.

Yeah, those three just sat there for 250 years with no hanky-panky to replenish their numbers.

Please.

If they were “waiting to die”, wouldn’t they have died centuries ago?

that’s my point :P

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

The impression I’ve always had of the mursaat is that they’re a race that lives for centuries.

As for hanky-panky – what if they’re all one gender? Or no longer fertile due to some reason or another? Bodies made of pure energy probably isn’t conducive to conventional reproduction…

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

The impression I’ve always had of the mursaat is that they’re a race that lives for centuries.

As for hanky-panky – what if they’re all one gender? Or no longer fertile due to some reason or another? Bodies made of pure energy probably isn’t conducive to conventional reproduction…

well they must reproduce somehow, unless all mursaat just spawned one day, at a finite number, and population would only grow smaller from there.

even if it’s asexual or involves some magical creationist process (literally summoning a mursaat into existence), they must have a way to reproduce. you could argue that they can’t because reasons, but that they never could is silly.

but that’s beside the point. my argument was that the city is more likely than not populated with mursaat, and those 3 seemed like leader figures (based on the chamber they were on and ‘why else would we talk to them specifically’), so even if the “there are outliers among the mursaat” argument stuck, it’s not just 3 people that need to be outliers, it’s the entire city (similar to how the maguuma centaurs are a tribe of outliers)

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Well, the observation is that they’re energy creatures now... when in GW1 they appeared to be flesh. So it could be that, like the dwarfs, they can perform a transmutation that extends their life or powers them up in some fashion… but robs them of the ability to have children.

(I do think, though, that it’s more likely that there’s more than just those three.)

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Mental Paradox.3845

The Mursaat appear to have the power to “hide” in the mists. A lot of their powers are “mist-related”. Like “spectral” agony. Isn’t it possible they are “demons” (GW lore demons) – creatures born from the Mists itself? And therefore as ALien to Tyria as humans and the Gods?

If that was true, more Mursaat could “spawn” from the Mists and enter Tyria to replenish their numbers.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Has anyone else noticed the color of the murat appears similar to the elemental aspects the zephyr it’s used? Or is that my imagination?

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Erukk.1408

If they are Mursaat, their new look could have something to do with how they survived the Titan attacks. They were kinda on top of Khilbron’kitten list after he gained control of the Titans after all. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

That, or as Konig has been saying in the Mursaat thread, this is all blind Mursaat bandwagon hype, and they’re probably some sort of magical constructs, probably made by Glint since she supposedly hid something away in the jungle, to help aid the players in case of her death against the Elder Dragons.

Has anyone else noticed the color of the murat appears similar to the elemental aspects the zephyr it’s used? Or is that my imagination?

Glint’s and the Zephyrite crystals are purple: lightning, orange: sun, and blue: air. The beings, to me, seem to glow a light orange, yellow, and light blue possibly purple. That’s at least one color off.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

There are other energy based creatures that have appeared in the gold, red and blue variety, namely Djinn.

At any rate, the last bit of the trailer which has the ‘Mursaat’ firing an energy beam shows a long, serpentine body. I don’t remember the Mursaat being serpentine. Perhaps they are ascended Forgotten?

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s not really a reveal to any of us. To more casual players of the game, the existence of another mother tree deeper in Maguuma might be an exciting development, but to us it’s just confirmation of something most of us have believed was the case all along. Without anything other than a simple concept art, there’s not much to discuss.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

There are other energy based creatures that have appeared in the gold, red and blue variety, namely Djinn.

At any rate, the last bit of the trailer which has the ‘Mursaat’ firing an energy beam shows a long, serpentine body. I don’t remember the Mursaat being serpentine. Perhaps they are ascended Forgotten?

Forgotten didn’t have legs though and Mursaat did have three toes. We do however know that the dude is most definitely NOT a Seer because Seers have four arms and cape-like wings.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

i did think it was weird, and when i was taking screenshots of the trailer the other day i was sure it wasn’t the same creature as the three early in the trailer, but if you pause, you can see that they just move in a very slender way, but still have two legs there. so not forgotten.

honestly, my bet is that they just got a visual overhaul. a lot of the iconic traces are still there (golden armor, tendril-like wing things, kinda hovering above the ground, that mask), while the aspects that made them look like cheap human knockoffs were turned into something more alien and ethereal, something that sounds more like what Saul saw (saul saw, lol), angelic beings of light.

i think they look better and more unique now. before they just looked like masked humans with wings and silly armor.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The angle does make it look like that but if you look closely you can see two legs. It’s just that as it fires the beam the legs bend.

Fun fact: those energy beings use the same frames as Lich Form. I recognized the positioning for the beam attack instantly as the skill #1 for Lich Form.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

The angle does make it look like that but if you look closely you can see two legs. It’s just that as it fires the beam the legs bend.

Fun fact: those energy beings use the same frames as Lich Form. I recognized the positioning for the beam attack instantly as the skill #1 for Lich Form.

ANet is actually pretty good at recycling animations without making it seem too obvious. another example in that trailer is the engineer’s hammer attack, which is a mix of warrior hammer 4 and hammer F1, just chained together in a single skill, with different particles over it, and with movement added to it. and there’s the druid using ele air staff 2 too.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

the engineer’s hammer attack, which is a mix of warrior hammer 4 and hammer F1, just chained together in a single skill, with different particles over it, and with movement added to it.

Or, mind you, it could be two separate attacks synced up. Notice he does change targets there so I doubt that’s a two-in-one skill :P

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

the engineer’s hammer attack, which is a mix of warrior hammer 4 and hammer F1, just chained together in a single skill, with different particles over it, and with movement added to it.

Or, mind you, it could be two separate attacks synced up. Notice he does change targets there so I doubt that’s a two-in-one skill :P

the same particle effect (that orange trail) goes during the whole animation, and it definitely only starts with the attack. maybe it’ll be targeted like whirlwind attack.

either way, it’s the wrong forum to speculate that :P

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m wondering…

We’ve been told that Ree and Jeff Grubb were doing some big project.
I don’t know when exatly it was told, but I think about 1,5 year ago.

So, now, do they work on Heart of Thorns?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Erukk.1408

I’m wondering…

We’ve been told that Ree and Jeff Grubb were doing some big project.
I don’t know when exatly it was told, but I think about 1,5 year ago.

So, now, do they work on Heart of Thorns?

If they’re still with the company, they are probably already done with the overall story of Heart of Thorns, and they’re probably already doing rough drafts of whatever content/expansion is after that one.

HoT Trailer discussion

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Would like to hear a word or two from them, though. Maybe an interview.

And what about books? Both are Loremaster writers, I’d like to know if there’s something being cooked. Some nice novel before HoT would be really nice and keep the hype up.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144