Kiel vs Evon, which fractal is preferred?

in Lore

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So for the lore junkies I feel it will come down to what we would rather learn about:

The fall of the god of secrets, secrets that we could probably REALLY use right about now

or

The supposedly reality altering reactor incident.

Myself, I am kind of torn. On one hand, we have the chance to see an event that changed to face of Tyria in very noticeable ways. On the other hand we have the reactor, which made potentially countless subtle changes in the fabric of reality itself.

Note: Posting this in lore because I feel that since this is directed at the people in this subforum, it makes the most sense.

in Lore

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would like to see the reactor thing, to be honest. It is something I as a GW2 player can relate to. I have always asked myself what happened there, and I’m at the reactor every single day.

Fall of Abbadon on the other hand is of course interesting to me – any new content would be – but I never played enough GW1 to get excited about this.

in Lore

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

The reactor, give us a chance to learn more about it and asuran past

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Asuran past that happened months ago.. so ancient lol.

This will clearly be a GW1 vs GW2 fight.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

From a lore perspective, it’s actually a bit of a tossup – assuming that the Fall of Abaddon refers to his initial imprisonment and not his final destruction that we took part in during GW1.

In both cases, we know in broad strokes what happened. The Abaddon fractal would presumably let us fill in some details of what happened during the war of the gods, and might give us the opportunity to see things like Orr or the Orrians at the height of their power, as well as possibly pushing ANet to make GW2 models for the Forgotten (something that might press them to include more Forgotten-related stuff in the future). On the other hand, though, the Inquest lab that was implied to be under the reactor is was essentially Crucible of Eternity Mk 1, a site used for studying the powers of the Elder Dragons – the reactor fractal might well surprise us.

Either way, personally I’m voting in-character rather than trying to game it for the desired fractal.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

The fractal choices are fight a god or fight a nuclear explosion. Both sound so great. I wonder how they will incorporate it into the existing fractal system. Simply into the rotation or as a new set of rotation.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I fail to see why the fractals is the real lore lover’s decision.

On one hand, we already know a lot of the Thaumanova Reactor. It held an Inquest base underground and they messed up with their experiment on Chaos Magic which made the reactor itself blow up and cause a tear in reality that was mainly transportation magic – basically turning the area into god-level mesmer magic. The experiment results got transferred to central eastern Brisban Wildlands, at the skill point, and the Infinity Coil Reactor which houses the Crucible of Eternity was built as a replacement. Which indicates a possible research of the Elder Dragons (further supported by how each section of the reactor turned into an elemental theme which an ED has, as well as the Branded-looking crystal incthat cave).

On the flip side, the fall of Abaddon most likely refers to the Nightfall battle, given the other fall would be including the appearance of the other five gods.

However, there is something far more important in this election for lore lovers…

The consequences of Kiel or Evon on the Captain’s Council. They tell us four things they intend to do, 2 of which are the same for the other, but think on their personalities and how such a person would be in a government.

Evon is by far a more political and economical mind, but he shows to be out for personal interest, willing to bribe.

Kiel is a more militant mind and hard worker. She would probably be a far more honest and overall, imo, a better government official. I can easily see Evon avoiding threats that wouldn’t harm his interests, but Kiel wouldn’t I’m sure.

Either way though, I expect the winner to stick it to the Consortium who’re said to be paying the Captain’s Council off.

And do keep in mind that whoever is the winner… Will likely influence the direction of the living story in four month’s time or so.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

I believe the fall of Abaddon refers to his imprisonment, not his death, so I’d rather get that one. Whipping a god’s kitten always makes for a good story.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Honestly, I cannot see it as referring to the event in year 0. It would require a lot of new resources compared to either the Nightfall fall or the Thaumanova reactor explosion. You have the location, the Crystal Sea’s coast, you have Abaddon, Grenth, Dwayna, Lyssa, Balthazar, and Melandru, you have the Forgotten and Margonites, and likely more I’m forgetting.

I cannot see them revealing the appearance of the five gods over a mere fractal.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Fafnir.5124

I’m surprised there isn’t more then 2 candidates. Probably most don’t want to enter a seat where its former proprietor was murdered. Also for those who love Kiel she wouldn’t be able to enter the new destiny edge if she has strick obligations to the city.

Char should replace Char for all races to be represented on the console.

It would be funny if the pirate quagan entered the running.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Confirmed in the live-stream that the Fall of Abaddon refers to the battle against the gods, NOT the GW1 mission.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Allyhoo.7608

Allyhoo.7608

I’m surprised there isn’t more then 2 candidates. Probably most don’t want to enter a seat where its former proprietor was murdered. Also for those who love Kiel she wouldn’t be able to enter the new destiny edge if she has strick obligations to the city.

The captain who was killed was the human Theo Ashford (it was the Charr cultural representative) — so by that logic Kiel should get the seat

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

You know, Ascalon was a human land for at least as much time as charr land. Captain Theo Ashford, who died, was a human.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Any Asura who doesn’t vote for Kiel is either dumber than a bookah or an inquest trying to cover something up

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

If it really is what I want it to be, the Fall of Abaddon fractal would be the most BA fractal in the history of fractals.

in Lore

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Any Asura who doesn’t vote for Kiel is either dumber than a bookah or an inquest trying to cover something up

Far be it for me to argue with such powerful logic as my esteemed colleague has just displayed, but I believe there is a third (fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, etc, etc, etc) option for voting for Evon as an Asura. He’s greedy and easy to both manipulate and control. While this cuts for the Inquest, it also cuts for the Order of Whispers, and can cut for anyone who wants a Councillor who can literally be bought. When someone is only out for money, one always knows where his loyalties lie. As a Canthan pirate once told me when I asked where his loyalties lay, “With the highest bidder.” I pointed out I had the only viable mode of transportation at the time, to which he replied, “That makes you the highest bidder.”

Simple economics, dear menials. In the bookah world, money talks.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Lore

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

It was confirmed by Colin, that the “Fall of Abbadon” would INDEED be pre GW1. That simple fact alone gets my vote.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Uh, it was Theo Ashford who died – a human.

The charr that died was merely a representative from the Legions for the ceremony.

And I agree. Suwash for Captain’s Counci!

Confirmed in the live-stream that the Fall of Abaddon refers to the battle against the gods, NOT the GW1 mission.

Well I’ll be kitten ed.

Personality wise, I’m Kiel all the way. But the god kitten ed fall of Abaddon and not death?

kitten YOU ARENANET GIVE US BOTH FRACTALS! DON’T BE LAZY NOW!!!

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I definitely want to see the Fall of Abaddon. The amount of info we have on the Gods in GW2 is currently limited (we mostly have only GW1 lore about them). This event would fill in a lot of gaps, and end a lot of speculation. But it would have to be a massive end battle with tons of new assets. They would need to create a GW2 look for all the human Gods…. how is this even a discussion?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Uh, it was Theo Ashford who died – a human.

The charr that died was merely a representative from the Legions for the ceremony.

And I agree. Suwash for Captain’s Counci!

Well I’ll be kitten ed.

Personality wise, I’m Kiel all the way. But the god kitten ed fall of Abaddon and not death?

kitten YOU ARENANET GIVE US BOTH FRACTALS! DON’T BE LAZY NOW!!!

Your right…. Ebon’s offer is so hard to resist…. I mean thats HUGE. Im not sure how the reactor can really compete lore wise frankly. It does have the advantage that alot of non GW1 players or lore fans would neccesarily be that interested in Abaddon but really…. I fell like I can see Ebon smoothly whispering in my ear… HES MY EVIL DEMON ON MY SHOULDER!!!

From a lore perspective though this election, as you said, has other effects. Personally I have a hard time trying to guess where either getting elected my lead.

On a personal character level though it does create an more predictable direction. Ebon will probably just go back to what he was doing. But what about Kiel? It strikes me as unlikely that she will be able to return to her previous job. She will have a ship and be a captain but she will also be unemployed.

That can hold some serious challanges to a workaholic character. What does she do with herself now? She strikes me as someone who will pick herself up again quickly but it could be interesting to see how she handles such a big change to her life. Currently she, to me, feels the least developed of the characters they have introducted with the LS.

Either way, I havent decided which way Im going to vote yet. I think Ill wait and see where the story goes first.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It would definitely be interesting to see what happens to Kiel if she lost the election. But while she’s a captain now with her own ship and – possibly – own crew, she’s still a lionguard. She’s still under Magnus’ command. So she wouldn’t be out of a job.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

The whole Thaumanova Reactor incident never interested me, while Abaddon, and actually everthing that has to do with Elona, is my favorite part of Tyria’s lore, so the choice is more than easy.

Besides, Kiel might be an honest person, but I’m not sure if she is made for politics. She would probably stick very close to Magnus, which, while not a bad thing per se, shows that she doesn’t really need to be in the council. Evon however is a buisness man, cunning and ambitious, perfect for the council. Besides, his trading empire is a rvial to the consortium and he seems to be the lesser evil, so it’s somewhat likely that the consortiums influence in LA would diminish.
So I guess nobody has to worry that LA is doomed if Evon get’s the seat (which a lot of people seem to be, what has that poor little charr done to you?).

#VoteEvonGnashblade for a better tomorrow, starting today!

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Character wise I was going to vote for Evon. Now that I know Evon is offering the original fall of Abaddon (and all the possibilities it offers… party size = number of gods that fought him, just saying…) I want everyone voting him (specially since the echonomic offers are temporary so they won’t matter).

The history of the gods is something that interests me a lot (in fact I had plans of making a 3d animated version of the fight of the gods versus abaddon during next year, but now I have the chance to play it if people vote Evon!). A battle big enough to turn the Crystal Sea into the Crystal Dessert and the Desolation wins by curbstomp over Thaumanova reactor’s origin. It’s thousands of leagues over it for me.

PS: I’m fine with it as I’m an Evon supporter, so that he offers my favorite option for fractals is great for me, but I was surprised that the Charr is offering the fractal about human gods history (and the human is offering a fractal about an asuran event). I guess as Charr were tricked by Abaddon in the past makes them want to relive his fall too to get the final laugh.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

One of the dev’s mysteriously posted ‘I wonder what happens when chaos energy mixes with the mists’ (not a direct quote but thats the gist of it) in response to the thuamanova fractal – which does of course make it sound a lot more interesting.

I want to support Kiel, but the Abaddon fractal is just too tempting to turn down

in Lore

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

Despite the fact that the Abaddon fractal seem to be more important lore wise with what we already know, do think about the travel cost with cheaper way point levy. The GW 2 world is opening up with more area of the maps that are very far becoming available, and the further away they are the higher the cost it will be to go there. We might be talking about in terms of golds instead of silvers.

Edit: it is a choice between an very important history lesson or a crippling travel cost game play.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

WP costs are in no way crippling… People need to stop complaining about that. I’m a casual player who doesn’t do dungeon runs often and doesn’t grind or play the TP – I’ve still managed to build up 30ish Gold and WP costs are always paid by the less than 1 gold I have on my person which is sustained by selling junk items…
History lessons are far more important. If you’re that strapped for cash then run everywhere, and remember that Asura gates are free! you can cover very large distances of the map using an Asura gate and it takes 5 minutes at most to go from one end of a map to the other.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

One of the dev’s mysteriously posted ‘I wonder what happens when chaos energy mixes with the mists’ (not a direct quote but thats the gist of it) in response to the thuamanova fractal – which does of course make it sound a lot more interesting.

I want to support Kiel, but the Abaddon fractal is just too tempting to turn down

There was also a comment that hinted that Evon’s wanting to study Abaddon’s fall may be religious.

I’m interested in the Thaumanova Reactor because it can grant lore on the ED.

I’m interested in the Fall of Abaddon because of a fan-fiction I wrote (and am re-writing thanks to GW2 lore) being based around that.

But I’m also interested in what Kiel and Evon would do if they become/don’t become a member of the Captain’s Council.

I may end up not voting at all. So torn.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Fafnir.5124

Maybe we will fight on Abaddon side against the gods. Fractals are kinda freeky like that.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

There was also a comment that hinted that Evon’s wanting to study Abaddon’s fall may be religious.

I’m interested in the Thaumanova Reactor because it can grant lore on the ED.

I’m interested in the Fall of Abaddon because of a fan-fiction I wrote (and am re-writing thanks to GW2 lore) being based around that.

But I’m also interested in what Kiel and Evon would do if they become/don’t become a member of the Captain’s Council.

I may end up not voting at all. So torn.

The way I understand it is that tokens drop as loot all across the world – so you may want to vote (there will probably be achievements for voting), just vote evenly xD?

Definitely agree with you on being interested in what they will do if they don’t win. Kiel seems level headed enough, but Evon doesn’t exactly scream sanity to me _. I suppose with Kiel you could have her story go either way – with either research and exploration into the thaumanova reactor, or further investigations with Majory and Kasmeer?

in Lore

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

I genuinely doubt this would happen but it’d be interesting to see the fractal version of abaddon escape the fractals and run rampant amongst the mists but i for one was disappointed with how abby got scooted out of god position by kormir.

i may hate charr for being essentially evil incarnate retooled into a playable race but that wouldn’t affect my choice for the abby fractal because the reactor is kind of stupid from my perspective since asuran bore me horribly.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

As much as I would like to see it, I don’t see what we will be able to do in the Abaddon fractual. It is a battle of gods after all, and we are but lowly mortals. The most we could probably do is fight some Margonites or Forgotten, depending on which side we’re on. We will probably only see the gods is at the end, with gigantic Abaddon falling into The Mouth of Torment.

I’m slightly more fascinated with the reactor though. They wouldn’t have offered it up as a possibility if something interesting, that we don’t know about, happened there, since we basically know everything about what happened there already.

Plus, if the teleporting chaos rifts got into the Mists, who knows what might pop up? Ancient creatures? Future creatures? Demons? Razah(lol)? Alternate dimension steampunk overlords? A Mursaat? A Seer? Something that caused the Inquest’s attention to be overly drawn to the Elder Dragons in the first place?

The possibilities make me want to have a Seven moment. All I want to do is shout, “What’s in the box!”.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

My guess?

There are five of us.

Abaddon fought five gods.

Remember Urban Battleground Fractal and turning into charr?

Yeah.

But you’re right about the reactor – it wouldn’t be offered if it wasn’t intended to be something interesting. Now here’s the kicker: we can only guess as to why it’d be put on par to the Fall of Abaddon, while we know why the Fall of Abaddon is so interesting. Makes it more… enticing, no?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I see the reactor fractal as the link with the unidentified fractal we’ve been teased about lately. A giant chaos magic bomb that connects with the mists could very well have sucked some Asura into the fractal. In fact, wasn’t there a city on that reactor?
If you think of the ramblings of that mad Asura in light of the reactor blowing up, it does make some sense.

The Abaddon fractal can imho only focus on the war between the Forgotten and the Margonites, with Jadoth being a probable end boss. Or maybe we’ll fight as Margonites, with both fractals thus ending with some sort of vortex/portal sucking them in.

Frankly I think Kiel is going to win. For anyone not interested in lore or not have played GW1, her reduced waypoint cost is far more appealing that a themed fractal which they might not even like doing. I’m for Evon though

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Lore

Erukk.1408

If we are going to be playing the gods’ parts, I wonder if they are going to replace our skills. I’m sure most players, including myself, always get a bit twitchy when that happens. I usually get bad flashbacks to Oculus from WoW.

Though, If we get insanely overpowered skills, like in that Priory personal story mission, it couldn’t be too bad. It was fun cutting through hordes of Risen as an Avatar of Balthazar, human god of mass murder.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Frankly I think Kiel is going to win. For anyone not interested in lore or not have played GW1, her reduced waypoint cost is far more appealing that a themed fractal which they might not even like doing. I’m for Evon though

I depends on if the Support Tokens are going to be soulbound or not. If they aren’t, that means people are going to sell them on the trading post, and whoever is in control of the trading post can spend thousands of gold to basically decide the winner. Or at least, they can heavily tip the scale in favor of someone.

in Lore

Evans.6347

I highly doubt it. If it is Gods vs Abaddon, this would make it a boss fight fractal. So unless this thing pops up once in a blue moon as a replacement of the Jade sea fractal, I don’t see it coming into the rotation. Also, if we transform, who will be which god? Random? Bleh.

On the other hand, a battle as a Forgotten squad vs the Margonites (which would still be human(ish) looking can follow the usual objective to objective to end boss theme.
Besides how hard can forgotten be to make? They’re basically Krait with bigger skin flaps.

I’m sure the battle raging in the heavens can cause all kinds of environmental hazards for those armies fighting below too, so there’s room for difficulty adjustment through that too (like agony lightning =/ )

(edited by Evans.6347)

in Lore

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Wouldnt selling Support Tokens via the Black Lion Trading Company be…. suspect?

As for the question, Abaddon is the past, Reactor is the future. The future is coming our way in any case, but we are getting farther and farther from the past and we get to know less and less about it. The asura Arcane Council should pay for the reactor fractal themselves, its their best interest to do so. They also have the Rata Sum fractal to worry about already.

Also i come from GW1, so wanting to see Abaddon again is a given. Also it would make interesting effects in my roleplayed character in the game.

in Lore

Evans.6347

Why would you say it’s the future? The reactor has already blown up, so it’s clearly the past, even if it’s the recent past.

I do agree that selling tokens via the channel of one of the candidates is rather shady

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Why would you say it’s the future? The reactor has already blown up, so it’s clearly the past, even if it’s the recent past.

I do agree that selling tokens via the channel of one of the candidates is rather shady

Pirate societies live for “shady”.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I can also foresee something along the lines of Gate of Madness, where the Gods appear as avatars, and grant the players special powers to fight Abaddon. But I like the idea of actually playing the part of the 5 Gods, that fits perfectly.

The Thaumanova Reactor incident thing though, it doesn’t interest me that much. I doubt we’d get much lore out of that. It may end up being something along the lines of the Uncategorized Fractal. But the fight against Abaddon? That has got to be a giant boss battle. And just the idea of maybe seeing Margonites or Forgotten again… Everyone should be voting for Evon, seriously.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Avariz.8241

Lore wise we all know what Abbadon looks like from GW 1. He would be like that humanoid giant chained up to the cliff in the cliff face fractual. However instead of a human head he will have a big brain insect head stuck on a humanoid body similar to the Margonites but very much bigger. Game play wise I would take cue from Zhaitan/all other demigods fights, and a lot of people have found these initially very disappointing. Now that Anet have revamp them, I found them to be epic as expected when first promised at the beginning.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Lore wise we all know what Abbadon looks like from GW 1. He would be like that humanoid giant chained up to the cliff in the cliff face fractual. However instead of a human head he will have a big brain insect head stuck on a humanoid body similar to the Margonites but very much bigger. Game play wise I would take cue from Zhaitan/all other demigods fights, and a lot of people have found these initially very disappointing. Now that Anet have revamp them, I found them to be epic as first promised at the beginning.

Is there anything to suggest that he has always looked that way? I imagine after being struck down by the other Gods and then imprisoned in the Realm of Torment you might look a little worse for wear also xD. (Also the murals depict him in his demonic state so maybe he has always looked like that I don’t know?)

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Unless Abaddon goes on into an evil overlord style rant, where he describes his motives in detail and reveals different secrets for each god, we won’t be getting much lore from that fractal either. We will just be able to be able to fight Abaddon, and hopefully he has a body this time.

If it did turn out that Abaddon’s fractal is a big boss fight (both fighting style and possibly lore… maybe), that means that the Reactor fractal with be something along that lines as well, and the chaos rifts will probably be pulling something equally large from the Mists. The only difference is that we know what we are getting from Abaddon’s. We’re getting him.

The Reactor is the mystery box….

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Unless Abaddon goes on into an evil overlord style rant, where he describes his motives in detail and reveals different secrets for each god, we won’t be getting much lore from that fractal either. We will just be able to be able to fight Abaddon, and hopefully he has a body this time.

If it did turn out that Abaddon’s fractal is a big boss fight (both fighting style and possibly lore… maybe), that means that the Reactor fractal with be something along that lines as well, and the chaos rifts will probably be pulling something equally large from the Mists. The only difference is that we know what we are getting from Abaddon’s. We’re getting him.

The Reactor is the mystery box….

I wouldn’t assume it would be a big boss fight – there’s nothing to indicate we would be fighting him, just witnessing his fall. For all we know we could participate in the even as Margonites. I also don’t think the two would be designed in a similar way – they will design in whatever way best communicates the story. They haven’t started working on either of them yet (and wont until a decision has been made), so I don’t think the structure of one would have any impact on the other.

in Lore

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Her waypoint reduction lasts 4 weeks. As much you would save… 20… 30 silver depending on the percentages and how much you would waypoint in 4 weeks.

I don’t recommend voting on their discount offers, which fractal they offer is way more important.

in Lore

Evans.6347

I’m not saying her is the best offer, I’m saying she will sound most interesting to that part of the community.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

They still have a general idea of where they want to go with them, both play style and lore wise. They might not be big boss fights, but they are still probably going to be about equal on content for both aspects though. It wouldn’t be a fair choice between Evon and Kiel otherwise.

Side with Evon: You get to witness a key moment in history. The monumental battle between the human gods, where they strike down the traitor Abaddon, and they sent him to the Realm of Torment with his Margonite worshippers.

Side with Kiel: You get to witness one of the largest Inquest whoopsie daisies, EVER!

ArenaNet is already putting their finger on the scale just by mentioning Abaddon…

in Lore

Avariz.8241

I wouldn’t assume it would be a big boss fight – there’s nothing to indicate we would be fighting him, just witnessing his fall. For all we know we could participate in the even as Margonites. I also don’t think the two would be designed in a similar way – they will design in whatever way best communicates the story. They haven’t started working on either of them yet (and wont until a decision has been made), so I don’t think the structure of one would have any impact on the other.

From the GW 2 personal story mission, Temple Of The Forgotten God, in the Strait Of Malediction, we learn that Abbadon always have had human followers who represented him and acted on his behalf. This is true for the other five gods as well. Not only that other races of Tyria can represent the Six and act on their behalf. There are no reason to preclude any race as themselves from representing and acting on behalf of the Six.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Lore

Avariz.8241

Is there anything to suggest that he has always looked that way? I imagine after being struck down by the other Gods and then imprisoned in the Realm of Torment you might look a little worse for wear also xD. (Also the murals depict him in his demonic state so maybe he has always looked like that I don’t know?)

At the time of GW 1 it can be said Abbadon’s main followers were Margonites and Abbadon appeared mainly as a Margonite. However at the time of the Six and Arrah it can be said their main followers were human and therefore the Six can appear in human form. This could mean that at Abbadon’s fall when his main followers were human he could appear in human form.

in Lore

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

At the time of GW 1 it can be said Abbadon’s main followers were Margonites and Abbadon appeared mainly as a Margonite. However at the time of the Six and Arrah it can be said their main followers were human and therefore the Six can appear in human form. This could mean that at Abbadon’s fall when his main followers were human he could appear in human form.

Abbaddon doesn’t appear like margonites, it is margonites who appear like Abbaddon.
The original human followers of Abbaddon were in fact the Margonites who, at this time, were a nation of sailors who revered Abbaddon. They have been later trapped with their god into the Realm of Torment by the five gods where they have been slowly corrupted by Abbaddon’s influence to the point of becoming the demonic creatures we can see in GW1.
So you can reasonably expect Abbaddon to look like a giant margonite before he was
defeated.