Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Veracor.9175

Veracor.9175

I figured, after doing path 2 of Arah explorable, that the Mursaat were basically the Inquest of the last dragon uprising. As the races banded together, the Mursaat (or a splinter faction of them) developed Spectral magic and used that to phase out of the conflict, then come back at a later date after the dragons went back to sleep.

I assume the Spectral Agony skill in GW1 worked by partially phasing-out a target rather than completely, which would tear up a living person very quickly by making them fall apart from the inside out. Since their killers, the Titans, were non-living and we never saw Mursaat fighting anything that was non-living in GW1 (such as undead or golems), I’ll stick with this assumption. Besides, only the bundle of some ghostly thing provided any protection against it, unless you were a hero in which case you ran back and forth in a Firestorm while landing millisecond interrupts.

Remember, they weren’t really “Unseen.” They killed Saul’s lesser followers for accidentally encountering them, and the Stone Summit didn’t seem to have any problems spamming their catapults on them in Ice Caves of Sorrow; though you could argue that it wasn’t a well designed mission to begin with. The Mursaat, most likely, were normally visible and just actively hid from things. Perhaps they were afraid they would awaken minions of the dragons if they exerted too much of their magics, and thus used the White Mantle as a human frontend. It is unclear if their return to Tyria happened shortly before GW1 or long before — shortly before would probably make more sense for their behavior in the storyline.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mursaat

ArenaNet has “some really cool plans” for the mursaat in Guild Wars 2.

Yay!

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Crudelis.5420

Crudelis.5420

i believe that they will be controlled by one of the dragons

haha, the mursaat are a force beyond the comprehension of us, they are likely immortal demi-gods, they had magic before the gods and harness tech the asura cant comprehend. If the mursaat (which we learn were instrumental in controlling the dragons earlier) are subservient to them we should give up, we cant win.

THE END

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Crudelis.5420

I figured, after doing path 2 of Arah explorable, that the Mursaat were basically the Inquest of the last dragon uprising. As the races banded together, the Mursaat (or a splinter faction of them) developed Spectral magic and used that to phase out of the conflict, then come back at a later date after the dragons went back to sleep.

I assume the Spectral Agony skill in GW1 worked by partially phasing-out a target rather than completely, which would tear up a living person very quickly by making them fall apart from the inside out. Since their killers, the Titans, were non-living and we never saw Mursaat fighting anything that was non-living in GW1 (such as undead or golems), I’ll stick with this assumption. Besides, only the bundle of some ghostly thing provided any protection against it, unless you were a hero in which case you ran back and forth in a Firestorm while landing millisecond interrupts.

Remember, they weren’t really “Unseen.” They killed Saul’s lesser followers for accidentally encountering them, and the Stone Summit didn’t seem to have any problems spamming their catapults on them in Ice Caves of Sorrow; though you could argue that it wasn’t a well designed mission to begin with. The Mursaat, most likely, were normally visible and just actively hid from things. Perhaps they were afraid they would awaken minions of the dragons if they exerted too much of their magics, and thus used the White Mantle as a human frontend. It is unclear if their return to Tyria happened shortly before GW1 or long before — shortly before would probably make more sense for their behavior in the storyline.

Your post is nonsense, The Mursaat obviously fought undead when they encountered the vizier, even if not specifically shown. And everything we have seen tells us that the ‘less faithful’ (less belief) were the ones killed, not due to some petty arrogance. Also we can’t speculate on the ability to see them, but saul’s quotes on their mysterious city is compelling, I froth at the thought of a city full of mursaat to play as/fight etc., but anyway, we nothing to support any of this.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Crudelis.5420

Lazarus the Dire was the only Mursaat to survive in Guild Wars 1, he vowed vengeance against “countless generations” of your hero and companions’ race that helped destroy the Mursaat. Fled to isle of Janthir which is now labeled on the map, so I would assume Mursaat are going to have a pretty big part in Guild Wars2 in a future expansion. Also if you have beat the last dungeon you will get a couple other easter eggs about the Mursaat.

Only one we know about, we have heard of a city of them from saul.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Crudelis.5420

White Mantle appear within one of the human storylines

I think everyone can agree White Mantle are still around, but what I was stating and this thread is the Mursaat…..it’s a race. They are different things.

Well the White Mantle are pretty closely tied to the Mursaat since the White Mantle worshipped them. I would expect that if any are still around there is a good chance they are pulling the White Mantle’s strings. They could easily be hiding. They werent know as the Unseen for no reason.

If the Mursaat wanted Queen Jannah down they would have done it in their own way already. but it wouldn’t be lore related

I wouldnt leap to that conclusion. If there are any Mursaat left they likely would want power taken subtly rather than risk another revolt. Furthermore, the queen is protected by the Shining Blade who have a long history fighting both the Mursaat and White Mantle.

Not to mention they have no interest in killing her, the conflict we dealt with was purely due to the titans in gw1 and our misunderstandings, only lazarus might hire a grudge.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I have a feeling there are still mursaat and that they just want to be left alone to observe.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Your post is nonsense, The Mursaat obviously fought undead when they encountered the vizier, even if not specifically shown. And everything we have seen tells us that the ‘less faithful’ (less belief) were the ones killed, not due to some petty arrogance. Also we can’t speculate on the ability to see them, but saul’s quotes on their mysterious city is compelling, I froth at the thought of a city full of mursaat to play as/fight etc., but anyway, we nothing to support any of this.

Quite insulting when you yourself are incorrect.

Firstly, it is not obvious the mursaat themselves fought the undead nor is it known that they directly ever encountered the vizier (prior to Thunderhead Keep that is). There’s actually no indication of this, merely that they knew of the Flameseeker Prophecies and used the White Mantle to work against the prophecies – it’s very likely they never involved themselves directly until the Southern Shiverpeak areas simply to avoid making the prophecies worse or come true (they seem cautious like that).

Secondly, true that they killed the “less faithful” – but they did this so as to retain their “unseen” status. This, in turn, is to reduce their direct actions in the world and, one can easily argue, only done because they had to ensure a leadership in the White Mantle that followed them. This can in turn be argued to be due to arrogance – the arrogance that they believed themselves capable of stopping the Flameseeker Prophecies without getting their hands “dirty” (so to say).

Though you are correct, to a degree, in calling him out on the whole “they’re not really unseen” part – as evidence points to the fact that they can, in fact, hide themselves (evidence including the very BMP mission he uses as an argument for against such).

Not to mention they have no interest in killing her, the conflict we dealt with was purely due to the titans in gw1 and our misunderstandings, only lazarus might hire a grudge.

I wouldn’t say there’s no interest. If there are still mursaat, they’ll likely still be using the White Mantle as pawns, who are in turn related to the bandits – the bandits themselves actively proclaiming to want to remove the “tyrant queen” that’s ruining the nation (their own thoughts on the matter, of course).

So it may be that – should there be mursaat behind the White Mantle still – the mursaat want Queen Jennah dead (seems they don’t really care about the state of the world, just ruining the human nation, considering they’re willing to ally with centaurs and, seemingly, ignore the threat of the Elder Dragons (if the theory that Caudecus is a WM member too is true)).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Whew, thanks Konig for cleaning up that mess. Also speaking to the invisibility part, The whole point of going into the crystal desert to ascend was so that you could see through their invisibility disguise. This is stated by the Vizier and other NPC’s.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

True, that is why we Ascended. However, in the Southern Shiverpeaks we don’t know whether they’re still hiding invisible or not given they’re fighting the Stone Summit and leading the White Mantle – it may be that they dropped their invisibility (perhaps, as many speculate, due to them being unable to fight while invisible). Though there’s nothing to indicate that they’re not invisible on the Ring of Fire islands. And as seen when they appear and disappear during The Rise of the White Mantle BMP mission, they can become invisible (and literally phase out, as their magic is described as being during the Arah explorable dungeon).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

The only thing that may go towards them being visible is in the beginning of the Ring of Fire mission where Brechnar (sp?) sees the massive army of Mursaat ahead of you and lures them away so that you can get through. Also there are a few dwarves fighting off the mursaat on the beach, though they do not last long. After that though your character and the others with you are the only ones to see them, as well as the Vizier.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Bard.7215

Bard.7215

All I want to know about the mursaat is what happened to D’Alessio.

My theory is that the mursaat are interdimensional parasites. To survive in a world other than theirs, they need a suitable host from that world.
So in Tyria, they’ll get humans, and embed themselves in the back, and pop out those wing-like air-gills that they would also use to levitate, sense and gather magic from their surroundings.
That would also explain the mask, to cover the human faces, probably horribly disfigured from the pain of having their brains consumed by a Mursaat parasite.

Still, they seem to have 3 toes in their feet, so that would be an important physical difference, as many Tyrian creatures have 3 toes, like ettins, jotun, trolls, giants and asura, but humans are aliens with 5 toes.
If they are not getting ’boot’s that make it look like 3 toes and actually have 3, or they mutate over time or get surgically modified so they end up with 3 toes, then the human-host theory would break.
It could still be another host, but it would be a shame, as I really like he idea. As it would also explain why did they took D’Alession: To put parasite on his back. If that was the case, he could even be already dead as one of the many Mursaat that died at the hands of humans or titans.

Whatever the case, I just hope we get to know about their origin, and about what exactly happened to D’Alessio.

Most murasaat concept art depicts them as literally having no face. I’m going to go with the concept art and assume that they are faceless and wore masks to make them seem more human like to their worshipers.

Sort of like building a sandcastle

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

It occured to me not long ago that the giant face of “Oouo” in Timberline Falls could be depicting a seer or a mursaat: While I know it was an asura who took residence inside the mountain and built a control center there to trick the grawl, the origin of the face is still unexplained. As to why I made that connection: it is eerily reminiscent to the scary stone faces carved into the cliffs of Ring of Fire in GW1.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/6/6e/Perdition_Rock.jpg

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Somnolentjack.3460

Somnolentjack.3460

I seem to remember in BMP the mursaat come through a portal and it is said that they are from another dimension.

Am I remembering this totally wrong? It’s been a while since I’ve done that mission.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s no such portal in the BMP mission. They appear from smoke and lightning, iirc.

And the word “dimension” has never been used in lore in regards to the mursaat or… anything, I think. Though they are said to be able to “phase out” of Tyria (what this means exactly is unknown).

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

rata sum also happens to be built on the ruins of an ancient civilization that no one seems to know the origions of. hmmmm…what kind of ancient peoples might have had a great city full of pyramids and such that would have been somwhere in that regeon…

Orrians are known to have had a presence in the Tarnished Coast. They are also known to be very magical.

Nothing says the civilization who built the ruins were ancient, just that the structures were run down by 1079. Given their location, this could have happened within 100 years easily.

I am glad you think this. I don’t think the structures were Orrian but I do think that whoever lived there was fed to the bloodstones before the Mursaat moved into Kryta.

As for being on topic… Anet have said that they have some plans but that remains to be seen. The fact that the Isles of Janthir are on the world map though suggests that there is a possibility (if only slight) that we will get to go to the Mursaat homeland at some point.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

All I can say is i hope there’s some eidolons left out there or GW2’s heroes are screwed against the Mursaat’s spectral agony

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Mursaat are terrifing! One of the scariest mobs in GW1 for me. ._.

| Lithia |

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

@konig, from what little references to the Mursaat in GW2, it sounds like they’re more frightened of the Elder Dragons than anything, and thus wouldn’t really care about killing the queen and what not. I’d think they’d be more intent on hiding like they did last time

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I am glad you think this. I don’t think the structures were Orrian but I do think that whoever lived there was fed to the bloodstones before the Mursaat moved into Kryta.

As for being on topic… Anet have said that they have some plans but that remains to be seen. The fact that the Isles of Janthir are on the world map though suggests that there is a possibility (if only slight) that we will get to go to the Mursaat homeland at some point.

The tarnished coast ruins are fairly similar to some of the Orrian structure concept art – though holds little resemblance to their structures in the game itself. Still, it could be a deviation of original Orrian architecture.

Nothing says the Isles of Janthir are the mursaat homeland, if you want to get technical – only that the Eye of Janthir comes from there, the White Mantle say its to the south, and its inhabitants have True Sight. Though considering all this comes from the same White Mantle, who was wrong on the direction of it…

@konig, from what little references to the Mursaat in GW2, it sounds like they’re more frightened of the Elder Dragons than anything, and thus wouldn’t really care about killing the queen and what not. I’d think they’d be more intent on hiding like they did last time

Most likely true.

However, if it’s true that the mursaat are near extinction, then it’s just as likely that they’re going into reckless abandon with the mentality of “I’m doomed anyways, so I might as well make my enemies doomed as well!” – the End Game strategy (as I believe it’s called), basically. You stop working to win the game, and instead work to prevent your enemy from winning. More or less the same thing Adelbern did (sane or not at the time).

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Konig, I said this many times before: Franklin may have been correct, as the likelihood of Saul traveling south to Ring of Fire first is, imo, greater than sailing north on that grand delta river (going through unexplored, probably dangerous regions) then across a relatively unknown bay. We know that the Ring of Fire holds mursaat teleportation gates or pads (we went through one at the end of Thunderhead Keep and appeared somewhere close to Ember Light Camp), therefore it is not impossible that there was an off-the-map gate that connected the island chain to Janthir. It would make more sense if Saul crossed the well-charted Sea of Sorrows to the Ring of Fire (a shorter and safer journey than Kryta → Janthir) and stepped through a portal which took him to the Isles.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Never denied such a possibility. Merely stated that Franklin might have false information (this goes double if it turned out that Saul was exiled to the Woodland Cascades, where in there he found the mursaat city).

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Another option is that the fact that we have yet to find the Mursaat cities is that perhaps they have found a way to phase them and make them invisible to others as well.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Or they’re in the Woodland Cascades – never explored to us, but pretty close to where Saul was when he was sentenced to exile (makes more sense to exile him to the north, than going through all of Kryta to exile him into the Maguuma like people think). It’s also fairly close to the Isles of Janthir, which holds relations to the White Mantle (and possibly the mursaat).

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Interesting, I had always read the Bonus Mission Pack as the Maguuma Jungle, but now that I look to the first page it merely says jungle.

The only thing that now points to the Maguuma is the whole possible anagram of Rata Sum + Riven Earth = Mursaat Thrive Near. But this is entirely speculation.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Furthermore, in the Prophecies manual it’s “forest” rather than “jungle.”

Considering the name Rata Sum is of asuran origin, the anagram for that (even ignoring the bigger stretch of Riven Earth=Thrive Near in relation to the Rata Sum one) is more than likely purely easter egg; that is to say, not in lore. Instead, the only real evidence for the mursaat being based in the Maguuma would be the Ullen River and Old Joness’ dialogue from GW1.

However, the issue with this is that in GW2 we can explore the unexplored part of the Maguuma which hinted at the mursaat’s presence and there are no special ruins – just hylek. But 250 years can change things.

But another debunker for the mursaat being in the Maguuma is the Arah dungeon – where the NPC says the mursaat “only returned recently” as the Unseen Ones – indicating that they had been gone for roughly 11,000 years since they fled from the Elder Dragons – though this is mostly hypothetical.

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Mystic Starfish.2586

Kinda related, but what about the prescense of Rata Pten?

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Interesting thought, we have no clue what this phasing out consists of. But perhaps they were literally outside of Tyria, and they built a culture and civilization outside of Tyria that they live within. Then the question comes about as to how Saul found this civilization, and I would say that perhaps there was some sort of portal that he stumbled upon to give access. Again, pure speculation, but there is reference to them phasing out of Tyria and returning to Tyria. Although if they did get phased out entirely then why would they fear any problems from the Titans? questions, questions, questions, lol.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well the asura scholar studying the mursaat in Arah explorable mode, says that they fled the world. So it seems they went into the Mists – where in the Mists is unknown.

Though this brings up an interesting thought to me: a while ago, there was a large discussion on the “alchemy circle” – a design that was on Prophecies backgrounds – in lore this is a map of the Mists made by Lord Odran. Here is the image:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/disconected/guildwars/Alchemy_light.jpg

Take note of one of the symbols – a triangle with a design in it, possibly… an eye. Familiar?

Perhaps the mursaat went to another world, one which Odran found, and through him they learned Tyria was safe from the Elder Dragons and returned.

Their fear of the titans would likely come from the Flameseeker Prophecies, foretelling the extinction of their race on Tyria (a puppetmaster plot by Glint to remove them, perhaps because they nearly wiped out the seers and fled the Elder Dragons, leaving the other races to become corrupted – Glint may have feared them doing the same when the ED were to reawake, something she knew would be inevitable). Considering that the titans are said to be as old as the forgotten, and the seers had past experience with them “eons” prior to GW1, it’s possible the mursaat also had past experience with the titans and knew that the prophecies could come to pass – thus they worked to prevent them and inevitably created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I definitely see what you mean by the possible eye reference (Janthir). So, if this were the case, it really does not matter which direction Saul went, because their civilization would not be located in Tyria, but somewhere beyond. This leads to many questions about perhaps how the Titans wouldn’t have been able to gain access to the Mursaat through other means, but then again we have really little understanding of how the Mists work in general. It could be that getting from the foundry of failed creations to the Mursaat “homeland” would be as difficult as swimming across an ocean, whereas if there was a portal connecting their realm to Tyria, the invasion of Tyria would be similar to crossing a bridge, rather than swimming across. Interestingly enough, when we think about it, the Titans didn’t honestly care a bit about the mursaat, their only standing orders from Abaddon was to destroy Arah, in which they succeeded. The only reason that they attacked the mursaat was because of being controlled by Khilbron, and being ordered to hunt down their remnants. Course I also wonder what made it so that the Titans were so easily able to trample over the mursaat, while the humans were able to hold off attacks from the titans, including an invasion of the original Lion’s Arch.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Janthir is an island, not the mursaat civilization. Don’t mix the two up.

The titans weren’t actively after the mursaat – keep that in mind. In Prophecies, it’s actually the players who wipe out the majority of the mursaat. The titans, under the orders of Khilbron, simply cleaned up the remnants.

As to the titans being able to overpower mursaat – I suspect it deals with spectral agony. The name in of itself implies that the skill causes pain to the soul. The Eidolon are creatures born of “malice and hate” and appear spectral; titans themselves are created from tormented spirits. They both seem to be immune (if not resistant) to the mursaat’s primary weapon. Once you bypass Spectral Agony, mursaat are actually fairly squishy. And it should be kept in mind that the titan quests imply a lot of heavy casualties from the titans.

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

When I mentioned Janthir I was talking about the Eye of Janthir, not the island.

Yeah, I was coming to the realization that the Titans were not after the Mursaat while I was writing, if this was not noticeable. But honestly they did at least a good bit of work, cause I remember a large amount of Mursaat corpses in Mineral Springs and Tasca’s Demise, and more than likely they had a few scraps in the Maguuma Jungle as well while the Titans were organizing to attack the Henge of Denravi.

And I understand that the mursaat were powerless as it comes to spectral agony against the titans, but the humans were easily just as powerless, since they never had spectral agony in the first place, and even though you repel the attacks against Droknar’s and the Henge of Denravi, you get to the North Kryta Province one right after the titans had already attacked, so it makes less sense to me that the humans were able to muster similar armies as the mursaat had in Mineral Springs, but the humans succeeded where the mursaat failed.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

Well the asura scholar studying the mursaat in Arah explorable mode, says that they fled the world. So it seems they went into the Mists – where in the Mists is unknown.

Though this brings up an interesting thought to me: a while ago, there was a large discussion on the “alchemy circle” – a design that was on Prophecies backgrounds – in lore this is a map of the Mists made by Lord Odran. Here is the image:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/disconected/guildwars/Alchemy_light.jpg

Take note of one of the symbols – a triangle with a design in it, possibly… an eye. Familiar?

Perhaps the mursaat went to another world, one which Odran found, and through him they learned Tyria was safe from the Elder Dragons and returned.

Their fear of the titans would likely come from the Flameseeker Prophecies, foretelling the extinction of their race on Tyria (a puppetmaster plot by Glint to remove them, perhaps because they nearly wiped out the seers and fled the Elder Dragons, leaving the other races to become corrupted – Glint may have feared them doing the same when the ED were to reawake, something she knew would be inevitable). Considering that the titans are said to be as old as the forgotten, and the seers had past experience with them “eons” prior to GW1, it’s possible the mursaat also had past experience with the titans and knew that the prophecies could come to pass – thus they worked to prevent them and inevitably created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Originally the Human race is an alien to the world, a race that was brought from another planet. The Mursaat controlled the Whtite Mantle so they might seek it back in some form of way in another planet.

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

For all we know the mursaat only controlled the White Mantle as a means of culling the ‘chosen’ from the last major human civilization. They more than likely expected the humans of Ascalon to be wiped out soon and to have little effect on the Flameseeker Prophecies.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

When I mentioned Janthir I was talking about the Eye of Janthir, not the island.

Right…

“because their civilization would not be located in Tyria” – except that the Eye of Janthir came from the Isles of Janthir – this is known. What’s not known is the extent of relation between Janthir (either isles or eye) to the mursaat. The thing could be a remnant of seer civilization that the mursaat claimed as spoils of war, and the Isles of Janthir being the old seer homeland.

And I understand that the mursaat were powerless as it comes to spectral agony against the titans, but the humans were easily just as powerless, since they never had spectral agony in the first place, and even though you repel the attacks against Droknar’s and the Henge of Denravi, you get to the North Kryta Province one right after the titans had already attacked, so it makes less sense to me that the humans were able to muster similar armies as the mursaat had in Mineral Springs, but the humans succeeded where the mursaat failed.

Mursaat are fairly powerless against humans when their Spectral Agony’s not useful.

It’s like a game of paper-scissors-rock. Just because one side is good against a second, doesn’t mean it will be against the third. This is the case with the human-mursaat-titan situation. And remove the weakness that humans have to mursaat….

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

All I was pointing at is that I got the reference that you made, nothing more.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Bard.7215

So are the Murasaat necessarily physical being? or is has their planes jumping ability Ascended them beyond that?

I mean, they obviously have no faces under those masks of theirs.. meaning eating would be an issue…

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t know what you mean by “obviously” not having faces. We never see under their masks – and I wouldn’t use concept art designed for those BMP books where the art for the storybooks lookittentle like actual mursaat as proof (they were likely designed from an in-universe perspective).

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Bard.7215

It’s the only drawing of nude murasaat out there

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Arenanet has some “Really cool plans” for the Mursaat according to Lindsey Murdoch, but exactly what those are haven’t really been addressed. Given the lack of seeing them a lot in the game thus far, this definitely supports the idea that we’ll be having stuff to deal with them later in an expansion or add-on

Source: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User_talk:Linsey_Murdock/Lore1#Asura_and_Mursaat

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The “really cool plans” could have been scrapped – given how old that comment is – or the comment could be referring to the history of the mursaat being revealed (more or less) in GW2 – along with their magic in Arah.

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Bard.7215

Murasaat are apart of the “original five” plotline, they can’t just abandoned them now, we need villains other than elder dragons and communist mole rats.

Lazuras was never confirmed dead, he could have repopulated Mursaat in the last 250 years (Because Mursaat biology is that unkown..)

(edited by Bard.7215)

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Yeah, I have to agree with Bard there. No idea how good at making more the Mursaat are, though it’s sort of suggested they’re not fast breeders.

Still, it’s quite hard to make an entire race go extinct. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say Lazarus went to a hidden Mursaat settlement and told them about the hero of guild wars 1. That’s just my take on it though.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I have a feeling that the story of Lazarus will most likely will be expanded upon at some time in the original Guild Wars Beyond content, that being said, I do not believe the mursaat plans have been scrapped, or that the only plans were the Arah dungeon. It just seems like way too much of a cop out, which ArenaNet doesn’t do. Plus with the White Mantle still being around in some sense it seems almost rediculous to say that the mursaat aren’t pulling their strings in any way, shape, or form.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

We wouldn’t be able to see Lazarus anyway.

AmateurNet

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Not in Guild Wars 2, but I have a sinking suspicion that he’s turning into a Second Abaddon in GW1 and he’s trying to start off chain reactions to destroy humanity (and perhaps asure seeing as they were involved in the corruption of his last aspect) But there are too many mentions of mysterious figures trying to kill all of the human leaders through Zinn’s golems, a mysterious voice which told people how to create the chalice of corruption, etc etc. Now this is all theoretical, but mysterious voices can easily come from beings that can become invisible.

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

That mysterious voice would be Shiro Tagachi, as said voice occurred during Factions and was the source for the Chalice of Corruption.

As far as I know, there’s only 3 unknown figures from GW1 who were plotting dastardly plots: The “mysterious stranger” who hired Zinn; the person who’d be attracted to the plans of the Lunatic Court to bring Oswald back to Tyria permanently; and the “growing darkness” that the Priest of Balthazar/Priestess of Melandru talked about during the Snowball Fight of the Gods quest during wintersday.

In order, I suspect Lazarus, Baron Wycker, and Dhuum/Menzies. And I suspect all three will be encountered in GW2, at/during Fort Vandal future dungeon, Halloween Act 4, and Wintersday.

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Mystic Starfish.2586

Why would Lazarus be in Fort Vandal?
Because of your White Mantle are all bandits train of thought?

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Except for your excessive overgeneralization, yes. Fort Vandal is a bandit base full to the brim with level 80 champions in a level 23 area. It screams “future content” and it holds a PoI – in the BWEs, so did every dungeon we were able to get to.

Given we know that the White Mantle are tied to the bandits (this being a fact), and it heavily implied to be that the bandit group leaders are White Mantle while the grunts are just disillusioned citizens and criminals, it seems likely that Lazarus would be at the bandit base – if he still holds ties to the White Mantle, and if he’s seeking revenge on humans and asura, I don’t see why he wouldn’t make use of whatever tools possible, especially when those tools are, in GW2, ignoring the biggest threat (Elder Dragons) and siding with their most up-front alternative threat (centaurs).

Dear ANet writers,

Mursaat in Guild Wars 2

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Interesting, I guess we have no reason to believe that a Mursaat couldn’t survive 250 years…