"New Destiny's Edge" Theory.

in Lore

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

I had a thought about this. Since after the defeat of Zhaitan and Destiny’s Edge members getting back together, we have been (so far) introduced to a few new characters.

Since the other Elder Dragons are still running amok while we’re busy worrying about the Molten Alliance and those pesky “sky pirates” The living story has been introducing us to some interesting characters. Bhram, who’s the son of Eir. Roxx, who want’s to follow in Rylock’s footsteps, and Kiel, with help of Kasameer and Majory have been able to take down criminals interfering with everyones’ fun.

So far that’s 3 out of 5 people. (1 younger Norn, 1 younger Charr and 1 younger human) and all 3 of these characters so far seam more than a one off character that may play a larger role. How Majory and Kasameer play larger roles later on is to be seen but I think so far we may potentially see a few more characters that may band together for the next Elder Dragon, be it Jormag or Kralkatorrik and having Destiny’s Edge passing the torch onto the new generation of heroes with you being the “leader” of the group now instead of being the “apprentice”.

Question remains if the new few living story’s will bring in anymore new characters, Asuran or Sylvarian. Heck even a Tengu as part of the new group could work to make it a total of 6 members leading up to the next big dragon fight.

Would be interesting if they went this way but this is just a thought I had.

in Lore

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

I still want Zojja though

in Lore

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I do believe this is the fourth thread on the topic in the lore forum. I blame ArenaNet’s poor search engine that doesn’t go past 3 months old.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I’d very much like the current Destiny’s Edge to continue! Perhaps a Destiny’s Edge 2, second guild, would be nice. It seems that all those little stories will end up somewhere together and perhaps that’s the case for those main characters, some of them at least.

I seem to be one of the only people that’s ‘attached’ to Destiny’s Edge. I read the book, so I guess that’s why..

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Destiny’s Edge and the Pact will lead the personal story. The new characters will lead the living story and will probably not be seen in any new personal story at all.

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

It’s really, really hard for me to like Braham more than Eir. I would hope he’s not a replacement.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

It’s really, really hard for me to like Braham more than Eir. I would hope he’s not a replacement.

I dont think he or any of the other characters are. Currently I dont think DE are being used much in the LS cause Arenanet is trying to avoid conflicting timelines for players still playing through the PS. I suspect eventually they are going to have to change that, particularly if we do go after another dragon, or the PS will start causing issues with what the LS can do story wise.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Braham outright states he has no interest in fighting the Elder Dragons. So unless Rox pulls him along in doing so, I doubt he’ll be aiding the Pact anytime soon. As said, Braham, Rox, and Kiel are likely going to be major forces in the Living Story, and not a “second Destiny’s Edge.” Kasmeer too, I suspect (reason being: Braham, Rox, Kasmeer, and Kiel are all champions iirc – akin to how all members of Destiny’s Edge are Legendaries).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I think Marjory will play an important role too but probably more in a support/leadership/guidance role.

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

If anyone noticed i bet Charnac gets out of jail through the Arena he has the combat experience obviously. Half of Destinies Edge Rylock, Logan and Cathe burned down half of Lions arch and where able to gain fame and fortune after being jailed.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Those three only burned down a single building, and the arena has since been removed – replaced by the asura gates in Fort Marriner.

Also, who is Charnac? Do you mean Canach?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Braham outright states he has no interest in fighting the Elder Dragons. So unless Rox pulls him along in doing so, I doubt he’ll be aiding the Pact anytime soon. As said, Braham, Rox, and Kiel are likely going to be major forces in the Living Story, and not a “second Destiny’s Edge.” Kasmeer too, I suspect (reason being: Braham, Rox, Kasmeer, and Kiel are all champions iirc – akin to how all members of Destiny’s Edge are Legendaries).

This indeed. Just like we have the personal story revolving around the pact and Trahearne (ugh. Trahearne) and the dungeon story about Destiny’s Edge, Living Story would most likely revolve around the characters introduced there. Cameo’s will probably happen here and there, but it would be the easiest to follow for most people if they kept it seperate.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Those three only burned down a single building, and the arena has since been removed – replaced by the asura gates in Fort Marriner.

Also, who is Charnac? Do you mean Canach?

Technically the result of his actions only lead to a destroyed light house. And loot from Ancient Karka I bet no one is complaining.