New Interesting Things in Dry Top

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

So not all may have noticed, with such focus on the discussions of the story and the World Summit instance, that Dry Top has a Mordrem hotspot. In said hotspot, there is a cave, usually blocked by vines, and behind it are some interesting enemies:

Veteran Overgrown Husk – however, unlike the Overgrown Husks of Brisban, these use the Mordrem Husk model, not the Summoned Husk model.
Veteran Overgrown Vile Leecher – which uses a standard Mordrem Vile Leecher model, further tying in the two naming schemes.
And most fascinating: Veteran Thorn Wolf – which uses a typical Nightmare Hound model. Thorn Wolf is one of the many terms used for Nightmare Hounds, which also appeared with the Shadow of the Dragon in the sylvari Tutorial.

Seems that ArenaNet is further the hints to the Nightmare being Mordremoth’s influence with this update.

Has any other such ties been found? Or anything else of interest in Dry Top?

(Despite this, I still say that there’s ever more likelihood of the sylvari on a whole not being Mordremoth’s minions, since well, if they were his minions then they’d already be corrupted, but the Pale Tree says she has been preventing his corruption.)

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I’m still of the opinion that The Nightmare is the result of Mord’s influence at such a minute level that to the NC it felt nothing more than some urge they couldn’t put their finger on. Whether this ties the Sylvari as a whole with Mordremoth or not, I do admit remains unconfirmed. While I can see the implications someone else can look at those same values and see no connection. So fair enough.

To take a note from Mass Effect 2 though: “Even a dead god can still dream.”

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

To my mind, Mordremoth’s vines and minions seem to have a lot in common with all Sylvari art/models, rather rather just the Nightmare Court. The Sylvari wardens use enlarged thorn branches to build their forts, for example.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

That argument is rather silly to my mind. You may as well slap the druids in there as well, and then compare Embers and Flame Legion to Primordus.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

I barely got time to look at that cave with all the ganking, had to get away, but interesting find. Nothing else of interest in Dry Top, only the Inquest further implementation of the Aspect crystals to their weaponry, I guess.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

To my mind, Mordremoth’s vines and minions seem to have a lot in common with all Sylvari art/models, rather rather just the Nightmare Court. The Sylvari wardens use enlarged thorn branches to build their forts, for example.

Yeah and you know what? I think Urgoz is a minion of Mordremoth too. He has a lot of things in common with the Mordrem being an evil plant and all. /sarcasm

We shouldn’t jump to conclusions here. Also I think it really takes away from the conflict if now suddenly all the NC aren’t just rebelles anymore but corrupted by the dragon. That makes it seem like Sylvari can not possibly evil unless corrupted by magic. (Especially with Scarlet turning out to be influenced too).

There is only Canach left. Can’t wait until they reveal he only became a terrorist due to dragon magic!

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I barely got time to look at that cave with all the ganking, had to get away, but interesting find. Nothing else of interest in Dry Top, only the Inquest further implementation of the Aspect crystals to their weaponry, I guess.

Same here. I took out a couple of the Veterans, then had to retreat. There didn’t seem to be anything else in the cave. Perhaps it will be used later in the LS?

Of possible note: the mobs outside are Mordrem. The Mobs inside are Overgrown. Is there a difference? And are the Mordem keeping things out, or keeping things in?

in Lore

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

Same here. I took out a couple of the Veterans, then had to retreat. There didn’t seem to be anything else in the cave. Perhaps it will be used later in the LS?

There was a chest in the cave, if it’s the same cave I found. I did not notice the difference in the models, on account of all the dying I was busy doing.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

I think there is a difference between mordrem and overgrown. I think the overgrowth is another spreaded corruption. I cannot see another reason to name them differently.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Overgrown and Mordrem look exactly the same. To me, it’s no different than how Risen are sometimes labeled as “Undead” or “Orrian”. Such as the grubs, which have all three names (Orrian Grub, Undead Grub, and Risen Grub).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

The Overgrown and Mordrem look exactly the same. To me, it’s no different than how Risen are sometimes labeled as “Undead” or “Orrian”. Such as the grubs, which have all three names (Orrian Grub, Undead Grub, and Risen Grub).

Don’t forget Jeff Grub(b)!

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

I played through personal story several times and took a closer look at the orrian spy, the risen spy and the undead spy of Zhaitan. While all are sharing the same model, they are 3 different creatures. Not only by name, their background is different and just one of them was turned into a risen.

The switching between overgrown and mordrem hints towards two armies. At first I thought that overgrown was a generic name to introduce mordrem, but why reuse them afterwards? I even have an idea were overgrown corruption comes from , but I need to wait for more evidence.

in Lore

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Despite this, I still say that there’s ever more likelihood of the sylvari on a whole not being Mordremoth’s minions, since well, if they were his minions then they’d already be corrupted, but the Pale Tree says she has been preventing his corruption.

IMO, the fact we see the thorned wolf as mordremoth minion, doesn’t mean anything, except that the theory on sylvari being minions of mordremoth is still possible.

Possibly, anything that is a plant or tree can be corrupted by mordy though?

I’ve wrote up my theory before on sylvari being minions (i can still be wrong), and one of the big reasons why people didn’t agree was how they couldn’t be corrupted. It’s already stated now, sylvari can be corrupted by mordemoth. So if one dragon can’t corrupt another dragon’s minions (zhaitan couldn’t corrupt sylvari), it could be even more viable (and could explain the blue orb at fort trinity)?

As for the attack of one of mordy’s champions on the pale tree. They said it must have been lured there somehow. Is it possible that maybe one of the leaders could have something “magical” that would attract them?

As for the overgrown. It simply means it’s grown larger or wilder, don’t think it’s anything to do with them being different from mordrem mobs, but calling it “Veteran Overgrown Mordrem Husk” would probably be a little too long?

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

I’ve wrote up my theory before on sylvari being minions (i can still be wrong), and one of the big reasons why people didn’t agree was how they couldn’t be corrupted. It’s already stated now, sylvari can be corrupted by mordemoth. So if one dragon can’t corrupt another dragon’s minions (zhaitan couldn’t corrupt sylvari), it could be even more viable (and could explain the blue orb at fort trinity)?

Except that dragon’s can corrupt each others minions, it just never happened in the wild, since they are too far apart. Inquest experiments (1, 2) show that it is possible. Atleast with a little tinkering.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I played through personal story several times and took a closer look at the orrian spy, the risen spy and the undead spy of Zhaitan. While all are sharing the same model, they are 3 different creatures. Not only by name, their background is different and just one of them was turned into a risen.

The switching between overgrown and mordrem hints towards two armies. At first I thought that overgrown was a generic name to introduce mordrem, but why reuse them afterwards? I even have an idea were overgrown corruption comes from , but I need to wait for more evidence.

By spy do you mean the three creatures seen before The Battle of Claw Island (one per order) which go by the names of “Orrian Scout,” “Undead Scout,” and “Risen Creature”? They have the same background – they’re all scouts for Zhaitan that prelude a massive invasion, and all are risen. If that’s what you mean, I don’t know what you do by a “spy”.

I doubt that the Overgrown are a different army, the Overgrown not only share the same model a the Mordrem versions in Challenger Cliffs (while using Nightmare Court variant models in Brisban Wildlands and Cornered), but they fight side-by-side with a couple Mordrem.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: MaesterTed.6571

MaesterTed.6571

I haven’t been able to enter the cave yet, but is there any chance it might be the cave where Ronan found the Pale Tree’s seed?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not very likely given that there’s really nothing of importance – like other seeds – in the cave. And it’s not much of a cave either, more of a large niche in the cliff’s side. Given the vines and Mordrem, the thing was likely barren before Mordremoth’s awakening.

To put it another way: if it was the cave, they’d make it some grand reveal not just some little niche in the map you can go explore.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Ronin.7381

Except that dragon’s can corrupt each others minions, it just never happened in the wild, since they are too far apart. Inquest experiments (1, 2) show that it is possible. Atleast with a little tinkering.

Well if you pay attention to the dialog of the one Inquest Guard who tells you that Kudu has lost his mind, he goes on to say the reactor splits dragon energies. It’s not just a “little tinkering” worth. It’s completely changing the nature. What you could end up with, were a dragon to corrupt minions of another, is a minion taking orders from two different beings – the downside to having two-minds as it were; you don’t know which orders to take first.

This to me made Subject Alpha questionable therefore I believe, until I see it, that it doesn’t happen in the wilds. The reason why it happens in CoE is because there are unaffiliated forces intervening and transforming the product, creating something of their own so to speak.

in Lore

Ronin.7381

I doubt that the Overgrown are a different army, the Overgrown not only share the same model a the Mordrem versions in Challenger Cliffs (while using Nightmare Court variant models in Brisban Wildlands and Cornered), but they fight side-by-side with a couple Mordrem.

Taking considering into account, I’m not going to argue the Sylvari are minions. However I can agree that the NC specimins might be treated to the same behavior that say Corpse Ships acted for Zhaitan. Mordremoth is collecting subjects so we might actually see eventually how you might go from a Fern Hound to Mordrem Wolves.

Something to watch carefully in the future for sure.

As for the attack of one of mordy’s champions on the pale tree. They said it must have been lured there somehow. Is it possible that maybe one of the leaders could have something “magical” that would attract them?

I actually am beginning to think that the source was Canach but I have next to nothing to go off of from that. So I wonder if he himself has become Soundless to some degree and isn’t aware that Mordremoth is monitoring him. This could be supported by Anise sending him with Trahearne, something tells me Anise isn’t just going to let him go without watching him.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mordrem Wolves are NOT twisted Sylvan Hounds. If you look at the model, you’ll see that the main body of Modrem Wolves are in fact furred corpses. Where the spine should normally be, the flesh got torn asunder and vines/roots grew into the body – and you can see bulges down the legs in the same thickness as those vines/roots. Said vines/roots also grew around the spine and skull, with the flower forming at the skull’s base.

Mordrem Wolves by all appearances are corpses being puppeteered by a flower. See attachment of a dead wolf on the ground at the end of The World Summit (there’s two Mordrem Wolves and a Mordrem Husk lying on the ground after leaving the Omphalos Chamber for ease of study).

With this note, I’m looking forward to the Mordrem Charr/Human/Asura/Norn that are corrupted Pact members after they’ve been killed and affected by a parasitic flower. And it makes me wonder if Mordremoth can make a flower that would dig into the flesh of living beings to control their body like a marionette. That’d make for a very creepy encounter, where someone you’ve been working with for a long time is suddenly having a flower on his/her shoulder, its roots digging into the flesh down the limbs to control them, enforcing the victim to be aware of all the actions they perform while being unable to do anything, perhaps while also enwrapping the heart to present the ultimatum: “fight against my control and you will die and I’ll use your corpse anyways.”

Attachments:

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Konig beat me to it – the Mordrem/Overgrown wolves are very clearly something different to fern hounds and thorn wolves. To my mind, that’s actually a strong indication that the sylvari and the Mordrem are something quite distinct – if they came from the same stock, then it would make sense in both lore and conservation of resources to just use the thorn wolf model rather than creating a new one (even if it’s just a reskin).

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

By spy do you mean the three creatures seen before The Battle of Claw Island (one per order) which go by the names of “Orrian Scout,” “Undead Scout,” and “Risen Creature”? They have the same background – they’re all scouts for Zhaitan that prelude a massive invasion, and all are risen. If that’s what you mean, I don’t know what you do by a “spy”.

Yes I mean those three creatures. They are all scouts, but on different positions and they took different ways into LA and they are 3 different creatures of the same type (kind of dragon hatchling which is different from the common drake).

Well, I doubt that I’ll get more evidence before next season. Maybe it’s just a intermediate state, maybe not. It doesn’t confirm or negate my point if they fight side-by-side. I’ll keep my eyes open.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Those three scouts all use the Risen Drake model with a Spectral Armor effect over it. They’re all servants of Zhaitan, though they’re three different creatures and names – they’re also all doing the same task.

To the second point: It rather does negate/confirm your point if they fight side-by-side, as dragon minions only fight side-by-side with those whom are corrupted (even small degrees, like Sons of Svanir). Anything not part of their little hive mind is to be slaughtered and/or corrupted. And even in the case of the Sons of Svanir, they can’t fight side-by-side with all icebrood (per the Champion Icebrood Quaggan event in Frostgorge Sound, as just before it spawns the Sons of Svanir flee saying one cannot control the icebrood).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

Well if you pay attention to the dialog of the one Inquest Guard who tells you that Kudu has lost his mind, he goes on to say the reactor splits dragon energies. It’s not just a “little tinkering” worth. It’s completely changing the nature. What you could end up with, were a dragon to corrupt minions of another, is a minion taking orders from two different beings – the downside to having two-minds as it were; you don’t know which orders to take first.

This to me made Subject Alpha questionable therefore I believe, until I see it, that it doesn’t happen in the wilds. The reason why it happens in CoE is because there are unaffiliated forces intervening and transforming the product, creating something of their own so to speak.

Splitting does not necessarily mean “changing the nature completely”. It could, but it doesn’t have to. Besides the experiments show that it is possible to corrupt the same body more than once, so that the sylvari just die from Zhaitan’s corruption is not by default an arguement for them being dragon minions. If it can happen in nature or not is up to debate and we’ll probably only ever know if it happens to a confirmed dragon minion, but that is beside the point I was making.

in Lore

Posted by: xoz.2481

xoz.2481

With this note, I’m looking forward to the Mordrem Charr/Human/Asura/Norn that are corrupted Pact members after they’ve been killed and affected by a parasitic flower. And it makes me wonder if Mordremoth can make a flower that would dig into the flesh of living beings to control their body like a marionette. That’d make for a very creepy encounter, where someone you’ve been working with for a long time is suddenly having a flower on his/her shoulder, its roots digging into the flesh down the limbs to control them, enforcing the victim to be aware of all the actions they perform while being unable to do anything, perhaps while also enwrapping the heart to present the ultimatum: “fight against my control and you will die and I’ll use your corpse anyways.”

Well this guy has been just hanging here for over a month without the slightest sign of Mordremoth’s corruption.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Well this guy has been just hanging here for over a month without the slightest sign of Mordremoth’s corruption.

Well preserved tooafter a month
Anyways, wouldnt it make sense if each dragon can only corrupt a certain being or element. For example, zhaitan corrupted the death (dont ask me about sylvari here) into risen, mordremoth might only be able to corrupt flora? Primordus can only corrupt things from rock and lava?

Jormag and kralkatorrik can corrupt living creatures though.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I never said all those killed by Mordremoth would be turned into puppets. :P

Anyways, wouldnt it make sense if each dragon can only corrupt a certain being or element. For example, zhaitan corrupted the death (dont ask me about sylvari here) into risen, mordremoth might only be able to corrupt flora? Primordus can only corrupt things from rock and lava?

Jormag and kralkatorrik can corrupt living creatures though.

Zhaitan can corrupt the living just as he can corrupt plants (just one case of many for the latter). Jormag’s known for corrupting corpses, living beings, and inanimate objects. Primordus is said to be capable of corrupting living beings, though we don’t see any such cases.

The Elder Dragons can corrupt anything, but they apparently choose to only corrupt certain fields.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

why isnt caladblog cleansing orr anymore?

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Lore

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Where exactly is this cave? I’d like to take a closer look myself. Thanks for the heads up

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s above the new waypoint, on the cliffs directly above (literally, the Mordrem can just jump down the cliff’s edge and swarm the little refugee camp).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Ronin.7381

. Besides the experiments show that it is possible to corrupt the same body more than once….

Hasn’t happened as far as we know. Subject Alpha, as I said, it questionable because it was tampered with and then put to experimentation. As of right now it completely invalidates the probability.

in Lore

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

It’s above the new waypoint, on the cliffs directly above (literally, the Mordrem can just jump down the cliff’s edge and swarm the little refugee camp).

Thanks! Will have to check it out tonight

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mordrem Wolves are NOT twisted Sylvan Hounds. If you look at the model, you’ll see that the main body of Modrem Wolves are in fact furred corpses. Where the spine should normally be, the flesh got torn asunder and vines/roots grew into the body – and you can see bulges down the legs in the same thickness as those vines/roots. Said vines/roots also grew around the spine and skull, with the flower forming at the skull’s base.

Mordrem Wolves by all appearances are corpses being puppeteered by a flower. See attachment of a dead wolf on the ground at the end of The World Summit (there’s two Mordrem Wolves and a Mordrem Husk lying on the ground after leaving the Omphalos Chamber for ease of study).

The Mordrem Wolves being different from Overgrown Hounds could mean that Overgrown Hounds are a direct creation of Mordremoth out of plants while Mordrem Wolves are wolfs corrupted by Mordremoth rather than just being spawned by him.

That argument is rather silly to my mind. You may as well slap the druids in there as well, and then compare Embers and Flame Legion to Primordus.

As for slapping Druids in as Elder Dragon Minions they were made in Maguuma Jungle….. Of course if Druids are the result of Mordremoth’s magic than Melandru would have had to absorb that magic just as the Elder Dragon was spewing it out during it’s sleep….

Unlikely….

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

The Mordrem Wolves being different from Overgrown Hounds could mean that Overgrown Hounds are a direct creation of Mordremoth out of plants while Mordrem Wolves are wolfs corrupted by Mordremoth rather than just being spawned by him.

The EDs can’t create life, they can only corrupt it.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I thought primordus minions were life created from inanimate?

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

We asumed he corrupts stones, but according to this interview from GuildMag Issue #9 he corrupts living beings:

GuildMag (Thalador): Similarly in the Volcanic Fractal, it presents us an interesting setting: an abandoned mine, human captives, lava-infused with mystic powers, with bats and a crazed shaman turning into something a bit destroyer-like. Could it be a hint that Primordus can actually corrupt living beings since so far we’ve only been told that he can twist fire and stone.

ArenaNet (Jeff Grubb) : We’ve shown that from the early Eye of the North, and when we designed the Elder Dragons we were looking at them having specialties where they could corrupt more than just one type of substance. Some of them could affect life, some of them could affect inanimate objects, some of them could affect the elements, vegetation, water, you know they all had their some specialty but they also have some overlap and I believe Primordus, ‘cause we had the troll, the Destroyer Trolls who basically were very molten but also very humanoid as well. So I do believe that Primordus can affect the living.

ArenaNet (Ree Soesbee) : But probably not easily.

ArenaNet (Jeff Grubb) : But not with the same animating force you see from Zhaitan, reanimating the dead of Orr.

ArenaNet (Ree Soesbee) : I think that it’s, perspective wise, it’s more like the troll or the grawl has a layer of rock over them. They turn a little bit elemental in –

ArenaNet (Jeff Grubb and Scott McGough) : Sort of like Jormag and the Sons of Svanir

ArenaNet (Scott McGough) : The icier the Sons of Svanir, the more corrupted they are. I would say that Primordus can-

ArenaNet (Ree Soesbee) : The rockier they are…

ArenaNet (Scott McGough) : Yeah.

ArenaNet (Jeff Grubb) : There are rules for the Elder Dragons but they’re not the same rules for every Elder Dragon.

ArenaNet (Ree Soesbee) : It’s kind of like he’s converting those living creatures into stone.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I always thought that overgrown enemies are just beings that got close to Mordremoth and are poisoned by his awakening magic.
Not his minions but “overfed”.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

We asumed he corrupts stones, but according to this interview from GuildMag Issue #9 he corrupts living beings:

-snip interview-

He corrupts inanimate stone into destroyers – this is not creation of life, so much as effectively making elementals. He can corrupt living beings, but as Jeff Grubb says in that interview, we don’t see such happen.

The Mordrem Wolves don’t seem to be corrupted, per se, but rather being controlled by a corrupted minion (the flower/vines/roots that surrounded itself in the spine and skull of the wolf).

@Jaken: The Overgrown are fighting alongside Mordrem on three occasions, so it’s safe to say they’re corrupted. Unlike the outright called Mordrem and the Overgrown in Dry Top, it seems that the Overgrown in Brisban Wildlands and Cornered are twisted Nightmare Hounds/Summoned Husks (and, like with Aerin and Scarlet, there is no physical alterations). But both Overgrown and Mordrem are minions of Mordremoth – and we have Overgrown which are identical in every way but name to Mordrem.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Mordrem Wolves make me wonder if we’ll see other corrupted Mordrem made from animal and humanoid victims, however. Thus far, Mordremoth (and Primordus) are the only two ED’s who do not seem to go out of their way to corrupt victims to form their armies.

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

The Mordrem at all seem at the moment well selected. There are no other not plant creatures beside the wolf and the hound. All others on his way are killed. It looks like we have two dragons now that do not use corruption or corrupt very selective (assuming that Mordremoth can grow his plants including husks).

Primordus destroyers show another behaviour which is extremely uncommon for a dragon. They seem to hatch (skritt sympathy & asura VOED).

in Lore

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mordremoth likes dogs….. He may have been inspired by the Nightmare Court’s corruption of the Sylvan Hounds…..

Would explain why he creates his own Nightmare Hounds out of nothing…..

Mordremoth only corrupts Sylvari and dogs….. They inspire him…… for other minions he creates them the same way Primordus creates most of his minions….. By directly shaping the element he uses into the shape he wants….. Including dogs……. Especially dogs!

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

Actually, that got me thinking. We have Sylvan Hounds, right? Could the Mordrem Wolves simply be corrupted Sylvan/Nightmare Hounds? The Mordrem Wolves do seem to have “skulls”, but we know that sylvari physiology mimics that of humans in that they also possess “skeletons” formed from wood and bark. Might the Mordrem Wolf skulls possibly just be skulls formed from wood?

in Lore

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mordrem Wolves have fur…. Nightmare Hounds do not…..

Mordremoth clearly has been influenced by the Dream……

He is now a dog lover……

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

“Fur” could also be extremely fine filament spores.

in Lore

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The fur looks wolflike and it’s paws and body looks more wolf-like than Sylvan Hound-like……

Wait…. was that wink a sign that you were making a joke!?!

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I had never noticed that the wolves were actually fleshy and controlled by a flower. Those hounds are so fast after all…

My goodness, now it’s even more absurd that we willingly doused ourself with Mordrem spores. If anything, his corruption starts to look like Zombie Fungus

It’s not surprising, plants are some of the most gruesome living things in our world.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

Fungi aren’t plants though. They are their own kingdom.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Fungi aren’t plants though. They are their own kingdom.

Mordremoth could have fungal minions. Or even animal minions.

And plants can be parasitic (e.g mistletoe). IRL there aren’t any parasitic plants that feed on animals, but IRL there aren’t any plants that walk around and try and kill you either.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Didn’t Scarlet’s tower spread spores across Tyria?

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Mordrem Wolves have fur…. Nightmare Hounds do not…..

Mordremoth clearly has been influenced by the Dream……

He is now a dog lover……

If he is a dog lover, then he clearly cannot be a villian, simply misunderstood.

I would have thought that Mordy would use worms more often than he has. He seems to stick to tentacles. Is Mordy corrupting the jungle worm in Caledon? What about the Oakheart in Queensdale? Wasn’t there a thread that claimed he was a minion of Mordy?

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)