Scarlets tormentor: Dhuum & Menzies' theory.

in Lore

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

So with the recent patch we are told that when Scarlet dove into the mists something had slowly began to torment her. She’s had recurring nightmares that have told her of scheme’s and driven her into insanity. Now I have 3 main ideas as to who this could be. But first,

NOT Abbadon: When we defeated abbadon we fought him alongside Kormir in the mist. When we won Kormir absorbed his entire being, not just his powers like Grenth did to Dhuum. She absorbed his entire existence into her herself this ending his further intervention in the plot impossible. (However this story isn’t real and the lore writers could come up with many ways to revive abbadon. Hey! The brought back Brian from Family Guy. But this is highly unlikely.)

Dhuum: Usurped by Grenth long ago, Grenth absorbed his power and thus locked Dhuum away. However, Dhuum gets his power from every death in the underworld. With this Dhuum constantly escapes from Grenth’s prison and must be defeated and put back in his place. (Grenth doesn’t poses the power to destroy Dhuum) Yet the gods have been gone for a while, so one can assume that Dhuum’s power has began to reach the point to when he can escape yet again. So when Scarlet went into the mist Dhuum plans to use her to distract Tyrian while Dhuum attacks the gods (Allied by Menzies shadow army?)

Menzies:The evil half brother of Balthazar shows animosity torwards the current gods by making an alliance with Dhuum and Abbadon, yet as of now we have never seen him or know his true intentions. We simply know he is allied with the other fallen gods. He, being the only one whose current whereabouts unknown, might plan to help Dhuum escape and either Revive Abaddon and all three attack the gods along with Scarlets minions or simply break Dhuums bonds and return into hiding. (Idk)

Alt. theory: The tormentor of scarlet could be one of Abbadons highest minion that attempts to use dragon magic to revive the fallen god of secrets. (Really unlikely)

All pieces together: I believe that either Menzies and Dhuum are driving Ceara(Scarlet) insane to help break Dhuum’s bonds of divine magic. Once done in combination of Dhuums power and forces, Menzies power and forces, Scarlett’s power and forces, and perhaps the utility of dragon magic they will attempt to revive Abbadon. When they succeed they will rip the six current gods from where ever they are and attempt to slay them and return to the godly state. (The gods are no more immune to magic then humans are and scarlet could use dragon magics of Primordus for example to revive Abbadon and/or attack human gods.) we as the citizens of tyria are in grave danger must rally extra forces. All five races and the tengu (new race available) must not only fight Scarlett but an Elder Dragon, Dhuum(his reapers), Menzies(his shadow army from th Fissure of Woe) ,and Abbadon(or just minions). Talk about a final battle for LS part one :p.

This will never happen: Before Abbadon was a god their was another that was in his place. We know nothing about him/her and this is their moment to strike and assume power :p. This unknown Fallen has waited very long for the moment to strike and has been veiled behind the shadows of the mists long forgotten even by the current gods. With no one suspecting this unknown entity has planned with Scarlet and allied itself with Dhuum and Menzies.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

I brought up the idea of Dhuum and Menzies being the reason behind Scarlet when she went into the experiment. If you like we could continue that discussion in the Thoerycrafting about Scarlet as to make all discussion about possibilities for Scarlet unified in one thread.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

Considering that someone said about Living Story ahd ‘Game of Thrones’ TV show comparison, people will mostly think about the new dragon, see all connections to support these thoughts and BAM, it’s nothing like we were expecting. I’m thinking myself that it may be something related to the previous Guild Wars and not entirely a dragon. Or maybe something that is both from the original GW and a connection to the elder dragons which are currently the main threat to Tyria. Maybe even Zhaitan, but with an epic battle in the end Or Primordius. Or Mordremoth. No one can be sure about that. They can do literally everything about the transition to the Living Story Season 2.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

in Lore

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

And also you’ve got very strong points. I would like to see how this discussion proceeds…

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

in Lore

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

I think it’s a really neat idea. I’m have mixed feelings about it, mainly because we simply haven’t heard anything remotely close to this in over a year, and it’s going to feel very rushed if they have to introduce AND wrap it up in 2 months.

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

For your Alt. Theory
perhaps Razah could take this position as we know he is a creature created from the mists and abbadon had special plans to use him for, as a demonic like creature he may be immortal (in the sense that he will never age)

quotes from razah

“I spent days staring into the eyes on these walls, wondering why they were watching at [sic] me, what they were thinking, who they belonged to. Are there souls behind those waxy stares, or are they simply the facade of the tormented and soulless dead? I do not have the answer.” “These plants are fascinating, are they not? They grow throughout the realm wherever there is enough blood for them to feed. Do not touch them; one prick will lead to a painful and certain death.” “Although I was bound here, I have no resentment towards this place. The soft, pulsing light that permeates the land reminds me of the Mists.”

“I barely touched him… and he broke. You humans are so fragile!”

“Now you will know the emptiness of death.”

“You are not ready for immortality.”

“Destruction seems a natural part of the human condition.”

“I have learned this much: in all of human existence, there are many kinds of life… and many kinds of death.”

A description of Razah

Hopefully, it will find its purpose by working with a hero. Otherwise, it could degenerate into an abomination as monstrous and inhuman as its demonic brethren.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Neek.9531

I brought up the idea of Dhuum and Menzies being the reason behind Scarlet when she went into the experiment. If you like we could continue that discussion in the Thoerycrafting about Scarlet as to make all discussion about possibilities for Scarlet unified in one thread.

Yes I love the thread you started. And when I was researching more info on Dhuum and Menzies I came across some curios info that I will post on your thread soon.

in Lore

Neek.9531

For your Alt. Theory
perhaps Razah could take this position as we know he is a creature created from the mists and abbadon had special plans to use him for, as a demonic like creature he may be immortal (in the sense that he will never age)

Hmmm interesting I’ve completely forgotten about Razah and the fact he’s a physical manifestation of the mists in a demonic-human form. Perhaps Abbadons plan for Razah was a soul link magic kinda thing where a little Abbadon is still left in Razah. So technically he’s dead but a little of his essence is within Razah. just enough to stay hidden and be revived. Hmmm seems like a stretch but I mean that would be a huge flip.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Yes I love the thread you started. And when I was researching more info on Dhuum and Menzies I came across some curios info that I will post on your thread soon.

Well, in all honestly I didn’t start that thread but we’ve been discussing theories around Scarlet there. I merely just brought up the idea of Dhuum and Menzies being involved, credit for the creation of the thread belongs to someone else

in Lore

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Hmm Dhuum, interesting.. especially because he was added to GW1 when GW2 was in the middle of development.. he will probably play his part sooner or later..

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Okay, so, what evidence do you have from the game to back up either Dhuum or Menzies? I see a lot of wanton speculation, but I don’t see any “I found X and Y in game and that points to Dhuum.”

Let’s remember that this is a game about dragons. Note also that Scarlet’s lair has a big red dragon painted on the ceiling and what appears to be a dragon’s eye posted all over. Note also that she has a giant drill and a giant robot, which one might use to reach and then combat a subterranean dragon. Note again that her thumpers were noted by Taimi to be searching for something…something underground.

Now for our final exercise, can you think of any red elder dragons that reside underground? Because I sure can.

Speculation is fun, but I’m here to put together the dots.

in Lore

Neek.9531

Okay, so, what evidence do you have from the game to back up either Dhuum or Menzies? I see a lot of wanton speculation, but I don’t see any “I found X and Y in game and that points to Dhuum.”

Let’s remember that this is a game about dragons. Note also that Scarlet’s lair has a big red dragon painted on the ceiling and what appears to be a dragon’s eye posted all over. Note also that she has a giant drill and a giant robot, which one might use to reach and then combat a subterranean dragon. Note again that her thumpers were noted by Taimi to be searching for something…something underground.

Now for our final exercise, can you think of any red elder dragons that reside underground? Because I sure can.

First of all roll back the attitude. Second there’s no proof of anyone’s ideas were all just speculating. Fact she has a giant drill. Fact She has a picture of a dragon. But you can only SPECULATE what she plans to do with said drill. She’s also shows plans on attacking lions arch and all three priories. why all these targets you may ask? You don’t know. I don’t know. We can only SPECULATE. This is a game about dragons out of the hundreds of bosses I can only think 4-5 that are actually dragons of significance. Now for our final exercise please show me where I said this was going to happen I said Theory, you understand that word? I though of this on my own and would assume its a Possibility. Gods have been gone for a while. Dhuum is growing stronger FACT. So he’s bound to break out eventually. Any more questions?

(edited by Neek.9531)

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

First of all roll back the attitude. Second there’s no proof of anyone’s ideas were all just speculating. Fact she has a giant drill. Fact She has a picture of a dragon. But you can only SPECULATE what she plans to do with said drill. She’s also shows plans on attacking lions arch and all three priories. why all these targets you may ask? You don’t know. I don’t know. We can only SPECULATE. This is a game about dragons out of the hundreds of bosses I can only think 4-5 that are actually dragons of significance. Now for our final exercise please show me where I said this was going to happen I said Theory, you understand that word? I though of this on my own and would assume its a Possibility. Gods have been gone for a while. Dhuum is growing stronger FACT. So he’s bound to break out eventually. Any more questions?

1- chill out.

2- he’s right. you need some basis to your speculation, or else it’s just baseless conjecture. you don’t need hard evidence that spells out “dhuum did it”, but you can’t say “wouldn’t it be nice if dhuum had done it” without anything to back it up, no matter how many paragraphs you write about it. so you should work on looking for something in game that can be directly correlated with dhuum and nothing else, just like the drill can only be correlated with digging and the dragon painting can only be correlated with, well, dragons.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Neek.9531

For the last time no this is a theory, something I though and it’s more then possible. You don’t like don’t come into the thread simple as that.

in Lore

Neek.9531

Changed the title of the thread you can leave now.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

if you can’t handle criticism, you shouldn’t post. “discussion” involves pointing out the bad as much as the good.

and a “theory” requires some basis to lead to speculation. saying scarlet had too much candy corn on mad king’s day and that’s what caused her to go crazy isn’t a theory. it’s wild conjecture.

so what i suggest you to do is to stop bashing people that are pointing out the flaws in your post, and instead look up for something to back it up.

in Lore

Neek.9531

if you can’t handle criticism, you shouldn’t post. “discussion” involves pointing out the bad as much as the good.

and a “theory” requires some basis to lead to speculation. saying scarlet had too much candy corn on mad king’s day and that’s what caused her to go crazy isn’t a theory. it’s wild conjecture.

so what i suggest you to do is to stop bashing people that are pointing out the flaws in your post, and instead look up for something to back it up.

You see I have no problem with criticism, i did have a problem with his attitude. I spent a good hour writing up, thinking, and looking up the lore to write this forum. Wether its possible or not doesn’t matter. I could make a post on Abadons favorite places to R an R in Lore and discussion. It has to do nothing with anything as long as it pertains to lore. Last time I checked, I saw that in my post I mentioned Dhuum, Menzie, Abbadon, ED, current gods, Scarlette, etc. Their all in lore and thus I can talk about. And guess what I don’t, I don’t need a shred of evidence to justify it. What’s that eye in her lair? Idk but I doubt it’s a ED. So I can conjure up any path as I see fight with or without in game evidence if you want facts go find them yourself I much rather let my imagination think of things on your own.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

i think you’re missing the point of this forum… suit yourself.

in Lore

Neek.9531

i think you’re missing the point of this forum… suit yourself.

I could say the same for you. Ta-ta!

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Dhuum: / Menzies:

From a purely meta perspective players have been asking for more about the human gods. There was some discussion in the thread that contained my “demonic possession or similar” theory on whether possession is possible in GW lore. You may want to read onwards from that post (Konig’s and Tobias’s debate) – it could give you some ideas. So from that standpoint this is a good theory. However,

Abbadon

In the words of Konig: dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead.

ANet have said we won’t be revisiting Abbadon. Being a god he’s not materialistic so he doesn’t have the coppers to waypoint – it’s the gods’ Archilles heel.

All five races and the tengu (new race available) must not only fight Scarlett but an Elder Dragon, Dhuum(his reapers), Menzies(his shadow army from the Fissure of Woe), and Abbadon(or just minions).

This makes a lot of sense with the LS format (armies working themselves out the woodwork).

Overall I like your theory – a lot of people are touting “dragon dragon dragon” so it’s nice to see another perspective.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Neek.9531

@zamalek

Exactly, I feel their taking thus LS into a huge twist. Their purposely leading us astray thinking her goal is to go the dragons when in reality it’s something completely different. For example, the voice torturing Scarlett is a obviously magical entity that’s using her for part of his/hers plans. (Images of death, destruction, and destiny.) If these plans do involve th ED it would have to be someone who could contain or manipulate them such as Dhuum or Menzies. Everyone’s, crying out dragon, when in fact dragons can corrupt but they do not plan themselves. Their as simple as a force of wind or rain. Yet, however, whose to say it could just be a ED champion that’s corrupting Scarlett. But the eye seen in her secret lab seems symbolic of something much darker then that. Which really makes me feel like its Dhuum.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Yet, we’ve had Zhaitan that’s done plans and tactics when it came to attacking The Pact. And we have no evidence saying that a god can contain or manipulate an elder dragon.

in Lore

Neek.9531

Yet, we’ve had Zhaitan that’s done plans and tactics when it came to attacking The Pact. And we have no evidence saying that a god can contain or manipulate an elder dragon.

But that wasn’t necessarily Zhaitan. Those were his minions and champions that schemed. The elder dragons themselves aren’t very smart and thus their champions to a lot of the planning. However, I never said a god has the power to contain and elder dragon, but if it isn’t an elder dragon and is something completely different, this entity has very strong confidence that it can deal with the elder dragons

in Lore

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

I don’t think Menzies has anything to do with Scarlet.
His alliance with Dhuum and Abaddon was temporary. After all, Abaddon is dead and Dhuum is pretty locked up right now.

(edited by sephard.2470)

in Lore

Posted by: Doodakoff.5246

Doodakoff.5246

But that wasn’t necessarily Zhaitan. Those were his minions and champions that schemed. The elder dragons themselves aren’t very smart and thus their champions to a lot of the planning. However, I never said a god has the power to contain and elder dragon, but if it isn’t an elder dragon and is something completely different, this entity has very strong confidence that it can deal with the elder dragons

Out of interest, why aren’t Elder Dragons smart?

in Lore

Neek.9531

Out of interest, why aren’t Elder Dragons smart?

Well the elder dragons themselves are seen as simply a force of nature. They are like and earthquake or a hurricane, you know they will happen but cannot be stopped. This is to say that the elder dragons themselves aren’t evil. They simply wake when magic is overflowing Tyria and sleep when it has been consumed. Then magic slowly seeps back. Much like the predator exclusion act. The more this is of one food source the more likely it will be eaten by a predator. This means the elder dragons know one thing. Consume all magic. The true intelligence when it comes to armies and attacks relating to the corrupted falls upon the champions of the elder dragon. They act as their lieutenants for war. The best analogy I can come up with: the elder dragons are a ticking hydrogen bomb, bound to explode eventually, where the champions are it’s protectors and the they command the squads (corrupted: branded, destroyer, etc.)

in Lore

Infamous Darkness.3284

despite all of this though it seems that the elder dragons are at least somewhat intelligent, I base most of this assumption off of the fact that immediately when Kralkatorrik awoke it immediately knew that glint had betrayed him and went to dispatch her, also

“When fighting against Kralkatorrik, Snaff had wrestled the Elder Dragon with his mind, managing to control its body. However, due to Logan Thackeray leaving the group before the battle, Snaff was poorly defended and was eventually killed by Kralkatorrik’s minions before the Elder Dragon could be killed. His death and the circumstances surrounding it are the primary reasons for the splintering of Destiny’s Edge. " seems to show that even if elder dragons aren’t brilliant they have a mind and thus can think for themselves? /shrug

in Lore

Neek.9531

despite all of this though it seems that the elder dragons are at least somewhat intelligent, I base most of this assumption off of the fact that immediately when Kralkatorrik awoke it immediately knew that glint had betrayed him and went to dispatch her, also

“When fighting against Kralkatorrik, Snaff had wrestled the Elder Dragon with his mind, managing to control its body. However, due to Logan Thackeray leaving the group before the battle, Snaff was poorly defended and was eventually killed by Kralkatorrik’s minions before the Elder Dragon could be killed. His death and the circumstances surrounding it are the primary reasons for the splintering of Destiny’s Edge. " seems to show that even if elder dragons aren’t brilliant they have a mind and thus can think for themselves? /shrug

That’s what I’ve been wondering as well. Guess we gotta wait till one talks to us lol.

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Yet in the Personal Story it is stated that Zhaitan sent his armies after us…how does that mean that they don’t do the planning. Also in the Destiny’s Edge novel when Kralkattorik awoke he realized that Glint had betrayed him and went to kill her for her betrayal. How are those not acts of a being that is smart and just a force of nature?

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Also, it’s stated in the PS that the elder dragons (or at least Zhaitan) gain the knowledge of everyone they corrupt (it’s how the order of whispers hideout was discovered) , so I’d imagine they’re pretty kittening smart….

Also, during the Snaff vs Kralk thing Snaff didn’t easily take his mind it put up a whole lot of fight and Snaff was pretty smart… Not to mention it’s minions Zerg rushed the side that only Caithe was defending knowing it was the weakest defense wise.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Lore

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Fun theories, but I wouldn’t expect anything gods-related as a major arc in the Living Story. They’re trying to focus on themes connecting all the races.

On the other hand, Scarlet’s vision has also been theoretically linked to the Eternal Alchemy, Elder Dragons, and the Dream, so maybe Tyria will see some sort of spiritual Unified Theory of Everything that brings the gods back for a mention.

I should be writing.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

Fun theories, but I wouldn’t expect anything gods-related as a major arc in the Living Story. They’re trying to focus on themes connecting all the races.

On the other hand, Scarlet’s vision has also been theoretically linked to the Eternal Alchemy, Elder Dragons, and the Dream, so maybe Tyria will see some sort of spiritual Unified Theory of Everything that brings the gods back for a mention.

Well she apparently saw “what holds Tyria together” or something around those lines (so says the pale tree), so it’s likely to be something we HAVENT seen before, I, and a few others, are just hopeful we’d see more on the human gods.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Okay without the attitude this time (sorry snark is one of my vices):

Have you found anything in game that suggests that Dhuum or Menzies might be involved? I ask out of honest curiosity. I’d also love to get more lore on the Six Gods and including either of those two would be a great way to do it.

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Nope, not any chance.
Everything connected to GW1 Lore has been erased to this point. When you can get Tome of Rubicon as a some backpiece or buy Staff of the Mists off trom Trading Post.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. I doubt we’ll see Margonites, Nightmare, Dhuum, Mursaats or anything like that in future 2 years.

Nah, Scarlet got mad because of some Elder Dragon, Dark Quaggan, another Sylvari or other whack stuff

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As a side note, why would Menzies want to bring back Abaddon? Wouldn’t Menzies be more interested in becoming a god himself?

Also:

Please remember the difference between Abbadon and Abaddon.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

As a side note, why would Menzies want to bring back Abaddon? Wouldn’t Menzies be more interested in becoming a god himself?

Also:

Menzies would bring him back more as a means to an end, remember that Menzies had sided with Abaddon before, so it’d be more to get an ally back so he stood a chance becoming a god.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It would seem to me that regaining your own power is a heck of a lot easier than bringing a destroyed god back from the dead.

in Lore

Neek.9531

Okay without the attitude this time (sorry snark is one of my vices):

Have you found anything in game that suggests that Dhuum or Menzies might be involved? I ask out of honest curiosity. I’d also love to get more lore on the Six Gods and including either of those two would be a great way to do it.

Well the only thing that kinda sparked my idea was the eye seen in her chamber. From what I can tell is that we havent seen anything resembling that as of now in Lore. This makes me think that it isnt an Elder Dragon as most would assume. Secondly, the Elder Dragons cant corrupt the sylvari and the goes the same for Scarlet. So she is being driven insane, could this be an elder dragon? Maybe. But i doubt this as well. Third, as ive noted the gods have seemingly abandoned Tyria. Which could possibly acount that Grenth is no longer in the underworld maintaining Dhuum. With this, again, one can conclude that Dhuum’s strength is increasing allowing him eventually break free of his prison or drive Scarlet insane for his own plan. Thats where this whole idea has came from, nothing in game related sorry but Lore-wise its definetly possible.

in Lore

Neek.9531

Also:

Sorry at the time i wrote this, i was on my iPad and the autocorrect kept fixing Abaddon to something else where Abbadon wasn’t corrected and i didnt want to have to continuosly change every time. It was a quality of life sort of thing.

in Lore

Neek.9531

Continue with your ideas everyone. Give me your thoughts and concerns.

in Lore

Neek.9531

Also my bad on saying the ED themselves aren’t intellegent. That was false information.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Well the only thing that kinda sparked my idea was the eye seen in her chamber. From what I can tell is that we havent seen anything resembling that as of now in Lore. This makes me think that it isnt an Elder Dragon as most would assume.

Well, except the close up of the eye of Primordus opening at the end of Eye of the North. I’d say that’s kind of a match.

Secondly, the Elder Dragons cant corrupt the sylvari and the goes the same for Scarlet. So she is being driven insane, could this be an elder dragon? Maybe. But i doubt this as well.

I wouldn’t want to jump to any conclusions by stating that corruption and driving someone insane are the same thing. I also wouldn’t go as far as to say that the voice in her head is what drove her mad. She always was a bit strange, and after what she saw, she became Scarlet Briar. Was it because of the voice that she went mad? Or was it simply the act of seeing what she saw, that drove her bonkers?

Third, as ive noted the gods have seemingly abandoned Tyria. Which could possibly account that Grenth is no longer in the underworld maintaining Dhuum. With this, again, one can conclude that Dhuum’s strength is increasing allowing him eventually break free of his prison or drive Scarlet insane for his own plan. Thats where this whole idea has came from, nothing in game related sorry but Lore-wise its definetly possible.

How would Scarlet and her random destruction, fit into Dhuum’s plan?

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Lore

Infamous Darkness.3284

maybe some form of release into tyria, technically there are no more resurrection skills in the game and characters are “downed” or “defeated” rather than killed maybe this shows how strong dhuum has become?

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If you are defeated, you are basically killed. But I don’t think it was ever stated that Dhuum gained power from creatures dying, unless they died in the Underworld.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well, wouldn’t dying send you to the Underworld, and thus be in a domain where Dhuum could very much benefit from you?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

Well, wouldn’t dying send you to the Underworld, and thus be in a domain where Dhuum could very much benefit from you?

You would have to still be killed IN the underworld for it to benefit Dhuum.

in Lore

Infamous Darkness.3284

If you are defeated, you are basically killed. But I don’t think it was ever stated that Dhuum gained power from creatures dying, unless they died in the Underworld.

Sorry I was not very clear I meant the practice Dhuum had of not allowing people to be resurrected, or if they were he would hunt them down, one of the reasons he was considered unjust and why Grenth fought against him?

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Exactly, and unless the Underworld have changed drastically since the days of GW1 every single civilian that died from Scarlets attacks would be more or less a free kill in the Underworld, and thus it would benefit Dhuum greatly.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

Exactly, and unless the Underworld have changed drastically since the days of GW1 every single civilian that died from Scarlets attacks would be more or less a free kill in the Underworld, and thus it would benefit Dhuum greatly.

Well quite a few spirits were in the Underworld just chillin, like in that town of spirits, I’m pretty sure they’d be directed there and thus be relatively safe, and not just open season.

That being said, Dhuum is supposed to be regaining power over time, and hell maybe he’s capable of doing so even faster now that Grenth (as well as the others) have been silent and aren’t even giving their blessing to Tyria anymore. Who knows what other consequences that has.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

But back to the previous point, I fail to see how Scarlet’s chaos and destruction aids Dhuum in any way.