Silvari immune to Zhaitan?

in Lore

Posted by: mitcho.7926

mitcho.7926

I remember reading in the 1st Guild Wars book that Sylvari can feel the influence of Zhaitan, but that was a while ago.

Level 80 Necromancer!

in Lore

Posted by: bman.1683

bman.1683

I heard sylvari are rolled up and smoked by zhaitan and his minions, instead of turning them into undead.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The asura have offered to experiment on the sylvari and determine why they appear immune to corruption, but so far no one has volunteered.

I didn’t realize that the Asura needed volunteers. I thought they only needed test subjects.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I heard sylvari are rolled up and smoked by zhaitan and his minions, instead of turning them into undead.

My Charr friends tell me that Sylvari are great for smoking ribs.

in Lore

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Agree. Plus, it’s only stated that Sylvari cannot rise as an UNDEAD. It doesn’t mean they can’t be corrupted by other methods.

Yeah. In the personal story mission Close the Eye, we meet a Sylvari who had been driven insane by Zhaitan. Sylvari can’t come back as dragon minions, but they aren’t entirely immune to the dragons, either – they only seem immune to that one particular outcome.

in Lore

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Little off topic… I figure that the Silvari are children at this point but as they gain shared knowledge they will one day decide to take over the world. Like the machines eventually rising up against man.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Only it’s nature rising up against the machines of the Charr!

in Lore

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Sylvari are definitely NOT immune to Zhaitan. They can’t become risen, but I’ve seen several areas where reviving downed sylvari npcs results in risen grubs exploding out of them Xenomorph style, which of course kills them instantly.

in Lore

Posted by: Cultus.8031

Cultus.8031

Reason why sylvari aint risen: have you ever saw zombie plant, dude you cant make plant go zombie…you can make it salad tho but not zombie.

in Lore

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The asura have offered to experiment on the sylvari and determine why they appear immune to corruption, but so far no one has volunteered.

Is that an official lore position or just stating the obvious? =)

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Lore

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

Is that an official lore position or just stating the obvious? =)

Probably just a joke

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

in Lore

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

I would be interested in knowing if the lore (that would be made up later) if the pale tree was somehow connected with melandru. Maybe a champion of melandru or a “reincarnation” of her spirit before the gods had disappeared.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

in Lore

Posted by: Hypergrip.9673

Hypergrip.9673

I know a certain Marshal that would be perfect for those experiments! I’ll knock him out and you guys ship him to the lab. For Science! For Tyria!

(although I got a feeling that “this won’t end well”)

Brains over Brawn [Geek]
Eine familiƤre, erwachsene, PvX-orientierte Feierabend-Gilde auf Flussufer/Riverside

in Lore

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Does the offer still stand, if so, could you elaborate on where to apply?

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Lore

Posted by: Hawthorne.6852

Hawthorne.6852

I started playing my first sylvari character today. I was wandering around in Slieve’s Inlet, the swampy area infested with risen in the southeast corner of the Caledon Forest map. There is a renown heart in that area in which you’re asked to assist Valliant Caillech with the risen. There are a bunch of dead sylvari wardens scattered around the swamps. When you revive them as part of your renown heart responsibilities, sometimes their bodies just disappear; other times, they become risen grubs.

It does seem like sylvari themselves have some kind of resistance to Zhaitan’s influence and do not become zombified as risen sylvari, but I suspect the risen grubs derive from fallen sylvari. It makes a certain kind of sense. Sylvari are made of…what…bark, wood, flower parts? We have bugs living in our skin! Even if our memories return to the dream, risen grubs arise from the compost piles we leave behind when we die.

(edited by Hawthorne.6852)