(Speculation) Final Dragon (spoilers!) [Merged]

in Lore

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

So now that Zhaitan and Mordremoth are done for, who do you think is next? As for the final dragon I think we’ll face would be Kralkatorrik. He has a big involvement in the story and a connection to a lot of the lore. Also, DE (or what’s left of DE) gots to get into a rematch. As for the order of how it might go , I predict:
Zhaitan-Mordremoth-Jormag-Primordus-Selbbub-Kralkatorrik also, isn’t killing dragons like a bad thing and don’t the other dragons get stronger with each one dying?

in Lore

Posted by: Altrius.2097

Altrius.2097

SPOILORS!^^

Me thinks that we get Kralkatorrik right next. I think it’s mostly because of the dragon egg we see in the HoT epilogue being linked to Glint, which is herself again linked to Kralkatorrik as one of his champions. It just seems logical to me that the egg now somehow has an energy, and why should that affect other dragons than Kralkatorrik being the “great-grandfather” of the little dragon baby <3 (if there actually is a dragon in the egg. the egg could also be just kind of a battery for energy, a metaphor for Glint’s heritage). Also, ANet is very clever on foreshadowing, e.g. on the revenant-legends and the crystal story-mission in LS2.

I somehow think Primordus will be the last one, because Jormag is only connected to Norn, as was Mordremoth and his special story to the Sylvari of the Pale Tree. Primordus on the other hand we even encountered in GW1, even though “sleeping”.

Or maybe they turn it that way: Jormag tells some story around the Norn, and Primordus some of the dwarves and/or Asura being repelled from their respective homelands/caves. I don’t think there is one “ultra-boss-dragon” that is somehow stronger than the rest. And it would be really hard storywriting-wise, if every living dragon gets stronger if another dragon kills because they consume the magic of tyria altogether. Like then there would be an “ultraboss” dragon who is somehow so strong than some really kitten has to go on to beat him. That would be just the story of the last dragon being all like “oh nice, the other buddie’s all ded, let’s eat what’s left of them and beat the cr*p out of everything”

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Jormag has more involvement in the story.

in Lore

myren.5490

I’m actually really excited to face kralkatorrik, he’s my favorite one out of all of em dragons. I just realllllyyyyy hope they don’t pull some kitten like “you fight Mordremoth in his mind and so he looks like a fat lizard”. I want a legitimate Kralka fight where we gotta like destroy each body part or something. Seeing as how he can turn into a literal sand storm though

in Lore

myren.5490

WAIT, who’s Glint’s lover? Dragons can’t have babies with out some good old dragon love making.

in Lore

Posted by: Cin.9386

Cin.9386

Dragons are creatures of magic. I dont think that they need “love making”

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

• Braham wants to go after Jormag.
  • Rytlock wants to go after Kralkatorrik.
  • Rata Novus was heavily studying Primordus, so we may get his weakness faster.
  • Jormag has been the second most active dragon since the Personal Story.

But I don’t think any of them will be next.

In the final cinematic, we see the magic within Mordremoth explode and go into four directions. They coincidentally seem to match the cardinal directions – north, south, east, west.

Now, the one that went north went into the egg. So the egg got 1/4th of Mordremoth’s magic. Where did the other three go?

Well, the one which went west would have gone directly to Rata Sum – to the GW1 vets, you may remember Arachni’s Haunt dungeon; well in the quest dialogue the asura mention that there’s a high concentration of ambient energy there – yup, Arachni’s Haunt and thus the docks of Rata Sum (what the asura built over the spider cave system) is a ley line hub. Further east of that is the Grove, which wouldn’t be surprising to be on a ley line hub too given the tree is a dragon minion thus would need to consume magic as a food source.

Westward is pure water after the coastline which isn’t far off the map. So it goes into the Unending Ocean and if it keeps going straight-ish then it’d eventually reach Sunrise Crest.

Southward leads to the Ring of Fire – and Abaddon’s Mouth. But beyond that, if the ley line doesn’t turn, it’d lead…. directly to where the Deep Sea Dragon is likely to be.

This might explain why HoT promotions had three dragon heads rising out of tidal waves assaulting Lion’s Arch

Scleritethin/Selbbub/Senor Bubbles/Steve is next Elder Dragon.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

I think Zaitan will be the last. He fell in a pit, we didn’t see him eradicated. He is undead and fell in his homeland where we never checked up on his corps. I think he will return full throttle one day, hence why there is still another half of Orr that is unexplored.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

But here’s the problem, underwater combat.
I’m not sure if we’ll be facing the Deep-Sea Dragon without ANet getting underwater combat in a better state.

I think Zaitan will be the last. He fell in a pit, we didn’t see him eradicated. He is undead and fell in his homeland where we never checked up on his corps. I think he will return full throttle one day, hence why there is still another half of Orr that is unexplored.

Well if we ever want to go into Elona, Orr seems to be a good route.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Devs have already confirmed that Zhaitan is dead though. The reason why we didn’t actually see him eradicated is because the fight was rushed by the developers. There is evidence to suggest that there were plans for there to be a part of the fight after us shooting Zhaitan with the cannon where we fight him on the ground, but that this was scrapped at some point.

But here’s the problem, underwater combat.
I’m not sure if we’ll be facing the Deep-Sea Dragon without ANet getting underwater combat in a better state.

There are a lot of possibilities for underwater masteries (which could in turn enhance the underwater combat experience).

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I agree with Diovid, and I believe underwater combat is a potential that ArenaNet hasn’t actually tapped yet but is afraid to due to the negative views of it.

Though I fear that the negative views of it may lead them to simply make the DSD a fight on the Ring of Fire or in air-pockets underwater…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Just throwing this out there now that Mordy is vanquished, but who do we assume is next? I know Primordy was mentioned, and the map seems to be wrapping us back around towards Rata Sum, do these two factors lead us to be it will be the destroyer dragon?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Just throwing this out there now that Mordy is vanquished, but who do we assume is next? I know Primordy was mentioned, and the map seems to be wrapping us back around towards Rata Sum, do these two factors lead us to be it will be the destroyer dragon?

To be honest, I dont care about the EDs at the moment.
I hope they finaly tackle and finish some of the older plotthreads.

If they finaly go back to the EDs, i really hope they make it more memorable, as Mordremoth so far was mostly just there for me.

in Lore

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

The next dragon will be a long while off, but its most likely going to be Kralkatorrik. Trehearne was originally planning to go after it before it was agreed by the world leaders that Mordremoth was a bigger threat, and after you kill Mordremoth, you can meet Rytlock at the top of the helix in Dragon’s Stand expressing his joy over Mordremoth’s death, before suggesting that the Pact Commander could go after Kralkatorrik next. Which would make sense considering all the plot surrounding Glint and the egg.

Theres a few things that point to Kralkatorrik, however, it could easily be Primordus. Remember that Taimi, as far as we know, is still down in Rata Novus, reading the Novan’s data on Elder Dragons, most of which was research on Primordus, so she could publicize that data, which may provoke an incursion against Primordus.

Before that though, I want to see a build-up story again, like Scarlet and Aerin with Mordremoth, I would also like to see the impact on the campaign against Mordremoth reflected in the world. For example, funerals and services for those who died, and celebrations (The return of Dragon Bash, hopefully.)

I also want a lot of lore surrounding the Elite Specializations and The Revenant. They could fill up a whole Living World season if they did an episode for each elite spec and how they came to be, and why.

in Lore

Posted by: Redattack.7836

Redattack.7836

While I’m hoping it’s Kralkatorrik, because I’m dying to venture into the Crystal Desert again, I think the biggest threat would currently be Jormag. Primordus hasn’t really been seen too much and doesn’t seem like such a major threat at the moment, and Kralkatorrik just hasn’t had the same impact on the world, in my opinion, as Jormag has. And of course Bubbles still remains shrouded in mystery.

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

In Mordremoth’ war we can see that due to it was a brand new dragon, everything was very rushed, we got mystery and cliffhanger keep coming but the whole war wasn’t convincing due to the focus and too many stuff all coming together. That’s the flaw of introducing a new dragon and let it get killed too early.

As for Jormag, it was the most active dragon beside Zhaitan in the game. If you play Norn and choose certain path, most of your early story was about fighting its minions. Its minions and worshiper’s presence was all over the Shiverpeak zones. So there are a lot of build up already and Anet probably could tell a better story.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

If it was done properly, Mordremoth had the best potential to be last, IMO.

Jormag always came off to me as “the next Elder Dragon to fight”.

But given how ArenaNet’s been doing things, I kind of fear that Jormag and Kralkatorrik are the two least likely dragons to be going after next plot-wise.

Edit:

Seriously folks? Three threads on the same thing?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

As I said in another thread with this very topic (seriously guys, three threads on the same topic now?):

In the final cinematic, we see the magic within Mordremoth explode and go into four directions. They coincidentally seem to match the cardinal directions – north, south, east, west.

Now, the one that went north went into the egg. So the egg got 1/4th of Mordremoth’s magic. Where did the other three go?

Well, the one which went west would have gone directly to Rata Sum – to the GW1 vets, you may remember Arachni’s Haunt dungeon; well in the quest dialogue the asura mention that there’s a high concentration of ambient energy there – yup, Arachni’s Haunt and thus the docks of Rata Sum (what the asura built over the spider cave system) is a ley line hub. Further east of that is the Grove, which wouldn’t be surprising to be on a ley line hub too given the tree is a dragon minion thus would need to consume magic as a food source.

Westward is pure water after the coastline which isn’t far off the map. So it goes into the Unending Ocean and if it keeps going straight-ish then it’d eventually reach Sunrise Crest.

Southward leads to the Ring of Fire – and Abaddon’s Mouth. But beyond that, if the ley line doesn’t turn, it’d lead…. directly to where the Deep Sea Dragon is likely to be.

This might explain why HoT promotions had three dragon heads rising out of tidal waves assaulting Lion’s Arch

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Jaken.6801

As I said in another thread with this very topic (seriously guys, three threads on the same topic now?):

Oh great, the Grove. i knew HoT was missing something.
I hope the fact that the whole Sylvari civil war mess was cut out, isn`t because we now have a crazy Pale Tree to take care off.

Though hunting the other parts of the dragon energy could be fun.
Even though it would still undermine Mordremoth as a villian (still better than omnomnom Zaithan, who didn`t had much character), as he would just be the dragon that fell, to fuel our own.

in Lore

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

I’d say kralkatorrik is likely to be next.

the pact was already preparing for fighting kralks, of all dragons he is the one most likely to take a personal (rather than strategic) interest in glint’s egg, rytlock now can cleanse the foefire and let the charr focus on the branded (and they are the ones most likely to attack their minion problem), and with the focus on Glint, it would make sense to go to the crystal desert

as for the others, it would be INSANELY bad writing to have another “hey look another unknown dragon!” plot so soon, so that’s Sbubbles out (and from an ingame perspective, sailing from tyria to cantha is a stupid idea when you are fighting a water dragon, going to elona first would make more sense)

Jormag’s tooth is still invulnerable, so unless geting the tooth to be scratched is the focus of the next living story, Jormag is out.

Primordus is possible, though we don’t know where he is and he’s really not been making a nuisance of himself. we may know his weakness now though since taimi is in rata novus.

in Lore

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

I’m going to say Kralkatorrik too.

Mainly because considering the way Destiny’s Edge is faring, there won’t be many of the original members left standing, let alone alive to see it happen. There won’t be much catharsis in avenging Snaff if there isn’t anyone around who remembers Snaff.

But Calcifire is right, the egg is an obvious bridge from Mordremoth to Kralkatorrik. In a more subtle way than how Scarlet shifted our focus directly to Mordremoth. It would just be a natural progression.

I imagine after the experience of defeating two Elder Dragons, that Destiny’s Edge & Friends will become more proactive and confident in their fight against them. So Kralkatorrik will be the big test, if Destiny’s Edge: The Next Generation can slay him then the story will shift from being a set of reactive scenarios where the heroes are on the defensive to where the heroes actively seek the dragons out.

In that case it would then be either Jormag or Primordus who are targeted. I reckon Primordus because it would tie into the Destroyer threat in the Dominion of Winds and therefore open that region up to the player. Leaving Bubbles for last because slaying Bubbles would not only end the Elder Dragon threat but open up at least Cantha and the potential for possible post-Elder Dragon storylines, if the game’s lifespan wills it.

in Lore

Jaken.6801

Whoever it is we get, expect the possibility of showing bubbles/steve in any form and then them not doing it.

in Lore

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

The Deep Sea Dragon is not bothering anyone at the moment, so i would expect the races of Tyria to go after one of the other Elder Dragons. Considering all that’s going on with Glint’s Egg, i would say Kralkatorrik is next (he might try to come and claim possession over the egg or something). Unless Anet wants to choose the least expected and send us against the DSD.

in Lore

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I could totally see Primordus tieing into a update/Expack where we go to the dominion of winds and get Tengu as a race. (Anet Please)
But Jormag/Kralky seem the most likely to be next. And Krakly could tie into Elona/Palawa Joko.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Lore

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I think the next dragon will be primordus for a couple reasons,
First, anet has made some brand new models for tengu with hot (one particularly awesome one inside the guild hall) and we all know that the tengu are fighting destroyers in the dominion of wind, so this could be anet preparing for whats next.
Second, during s2 of living story there were npcs that felt like something else was behind the maguuma wastes drying up and that it wasnt mordremoth, could be primordus
And third, (and this one is really pushing it but whatever, tinfoil hat mode activate) the 3rd year birthday finsher with the gold sword when used starts as a purple dragon, and then transitions into red, modremoth has been associated with purple being the elder dragon of mind abd such, maybe this was a subtle hint that we will go from purple(mordremoth) to red(primordus). But again this one is very unlikely

in Lore

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

i think we will see atleast 1 dragon get killed for story reasons thats outside of the pc experience

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Lore

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I kinda wish they didnt create so many elder dragons. Do we really need to fight them all? The non-dragon related GW lore is way more interesting to me…

in Lore

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

I can see Jormag or Bubbles being next. Personally, I actually don’t think Kralk will put up nearly as much of a fight as Mordremoth or even Zhaitan. 5 guys and a dragon champion were able to bring him to the brink of death. Even if he was newly awakened, that’s still pretty weak compared to what we’ve seen so far. Kralk then flew south, and is just sitting there doing nothing as far as we can tell. Personally, I think he’s either dying or severely wounded, and that he’ll die either in the Living World or early in the expansion pack, and the rest of the expansion story will involve dealing with the fallout. Perhaps Joko will come into play. Anet has set him up as a major antagonist.

in Lore

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

I think the problem isn’t that they’ve created so many Elder Dragons, but rather they created too many Elder Dragons that have to be defeated rather than simply being accepted as part of the new norm.

It’s a shame that they all are awakening at such rapid speeds. If the time period between Elder Dragons were spread out then it would only be a matter of defeating those that truly provide a threat while the other dormant ones would just be explanations for blizzards, bad ocean conditions, etc… or the new terrain.

Would be nice to take a break from Elder Dragons and explore something else for at least one Living Story season.

in Lore

myren.5490

With regards to Kralkatorrik, I do think that he’s severely weakened and just resting in the Crystal Desert. Which is where Glints egg comes into play since its some kind of magic consumption thing. Maybe we’ll see a Kralka-Scarlet for next LS season.

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

I think Jormag still fits better than Kralkatorrik, it has a lot of build up throughout the maps and the personal story.

in Lore

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

Krak wont happen until they want to go to elonia, due to him battling (( in the lore only thus far)) palwa joko who rules all of elonia. I think he will be the last dragon to fight due to this, likewise with jormag we have to have our pc break his fang which would show its time to fight it. Honestly it might be primodus due to the fact that he HAS not made an appearance yet, and yet has had the MOST impact on the story.The first dragon minions to show themselves were destroyers, he was the first to awaken and has been gathering power all this time since GW1. Logically he might rise and come to attack us, probably coming out somewhere either in the fire islands or even mount malestrom, perhaps even the deldimor front depending on where.

Likewise destroyers have been poping up everywhere since launch, tons of hearts dedicated to fighting them hell more them than even the Risen. So i honestly as much as i want to say jormag thing primodus will be next, Jormag might come after that. I think krak or bubbles will however be the last mainly because they block the way to cantha and elonia. Plus with cantha might come tengu playable races, which would influence how they approach him along with the largos playable race due to the fact they are in his line of fire. Those races would make production and the effort needed to pull of the story way more difficult (( tengu due to them wishing to return home, and largos because the sea dragon is causing issues for them)). Primordus will be for the asuran and be thick in lore for them, and jormag will be for the norn thus filled with lore for them. Krak will be for both charr with the humans being more invested in primordus due to having ancestors who fought the destroyers before. Each race is tied to one of the elder dragons so bubbles seems logical for the races to have additions, thus making more content required.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Krak wont happen until they want to go to elonia, due to him battling (( in the lore only thus far)) palwa joko who rules all of elonia.

1. It’s Elona.
2. It’s Kralk.
3. We could easily just go to the Crystal Desert and battle him there, without going to the rest of Elona.

I think he will be the last dragon to fight due to this, likewise with jormag we have to have our pc break his fang which would show its time to fight it.

I think it would be somewhat different from that. For example us finding some artifact or spell that breaks the fang, not us randomly breaking it due to our awesomeness.

Honestly it might be primodus due to the fact that he HAS not made an appearance yet, and yet has had the MOST impact on the story.

We’ve seen him in GW1 though. The dragon we see the least of and know the least of is the deep sea dragon.

Logically he might rise and come to attack us, probably coming out somewhere either in the fire islands or even mount malestrom, perhaps even the deldimor front depending on where.

Not the fire islands, there are risen there according to the Movement of the World. We know destroyers are attacking the Dominion of Winds though.

Likewise destroyers have been poping up everywhere since launch, tons of hearts dedicated to fighting them hell more them than even the Risen.

That might be true but then again, the same probably goes for Icebrood and Branded. And this has a lot to do with the fact that there are no hearts in Orr.

I think krak or bubbles will however be the last mainly because they block the way to cantha and elonia.

According to the Movement of the World, it was mostly Zhaitan who was blocking access to the other continents, with his fleet and all.

Plus with cantha might come tengu playable races

Tengu in the current world have nothing to do with Cantha. There are no longer Tengu in Cantha and they don’t want to return to Cantha (nor would they be allowed back into Cantha). In fact, I’d sooner see the Tengu show up in an expansion about the Deep Sea Dragon or Primordus than in an expansion about Cantha.

tengu due to them wishing to return home

Like I said, the Tengu don’t want to return home. In fact, they weren’t even kicked out of Cantha, they left by themselves. They saw the tidal wave caused by Zhaitan as a sign to go to Kryta and unite the different groups there. Besides, many groups of Tengu aren’t even from Cantha.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Krak wont happen until they want to go to elonia, due to him battling (( in the lore only thus far)) palwa joko who rules all of elonia.

Typos aside, it’s actually never stated that Kralkatorrik is fighting Palawa Joko.

It was, in fact, Zhaitan who was fighting Joko.

I think he will be the last dragon to fight due to this, likewise with jormag we have to have our pc break his fang which would show its time to fight it.

That’s not required at all. It’s just what the norn use to keep other norn from rushing off to their deaths.

Honestly it might be primodus due to the fact that he HAS not made an appearance yet, and yet has had the MOST impact on the story.

In GW2, Primordus actually has the least impact. Jormag has the most aside from the dragons we killed. In GW1 and GW2 combined, I’d still say it’s Jormag. Like Primordus, Jormag’s minions in the form of Drakkar and the Nornbear (aka Svanir) were seen in GW1.

Logically he might rise and come to attack us, probably coming out somewhere either in the fire islands or even mount malestrom, perhaps even the deldimor front depending on where.

There’s no relation between Primordus and the Ring of Fire island chain. I don’t get why people keep thinking there is.

Likewise destroyers have been poping up everywhere since launch, tons of hearts dedicated to fighting them hell more them than even the Risen.

Uh…

There are only four or so hearts directly tied to Destroyers. About double that in events, and only one storyline chapter related to destroyers.

There are about seven hearts dealing with risen outside heavy risen areas such as Bloodtide Coast, Sparkfly Fen, and Mount Maelstrom in which most hearts in the maps relate to risen (there being at least a dozen hearts per map). And probably triple that for events, and the entire personal story related to risen more or less.

Even branded have more related hearts than the destroyers, and icebrood definitely have more.

Plus with cantha might come tengu playable races,

I don’t get this mentality. Only two tribes of tengu were ever related to Cantha, and there were three who lived in continental Tyria (two of which along with at least one from Cantha going to the Dominion of Winds), and it’s said tengu were spread across the world until the formation of the Dominion of Winds.

Tengu haven’t had influence in Cantha or with Cantha for 100 years.

tengu due to them wishing to return home

Their home is the Dominion of Winds. They don’t wish to return to Cantha and even if such did, that’d be a small number because not even a third of the tengu population came from Cantha.

Primordus will be for the asuran and be thick in lore for them, and jormag will be for the norn thus filled with lore for them. Krak will be for both charr with the humans being more invested in primordus due to having ancestors who fought the destroyers before.

Don’t be so sure. I mean, Zhaitan sat on ancient human homeland. How much thick human lore did we get? Very little. We got as much sylvari stuff from Orr than we got human stuff, just about.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

As the guild / pact make their way deep into Elona to fight Kralk they find his shattered remains, looming over them is the king of krunk Palawa Joko himself. There isn’t a dragon boss at the end. You fight Palawa Joko instead.

in Lore

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

Logically, I think it would make most sense for Primordus to be the final dragon.

1. It was the first dragon that players were introduced to in GW1. So it would be very fitting to fight it last, very reminiscent of Eye of The North, which was the last GW1 chapter (if you don’t consider Beyond).

2. If it is fought last, it will have been awake for the longest duration and will likely be stronger than the dragons that were fought previously, which would make for an epic finale to the story.

3. While this may not mean much, the wiki says that after Primordus’ rise, the other dragons started to wake, one by one. They could possibly expand on this over the years and portray it as the oldest and baddest of them all, perhaps even being a kind of a leader of sorts (I know dragons do not seem to work with each other but still).

4. It has arguably been the least influential dragon up until this point (I said arguably because of DSD).

I would be disappointed if Primordus is not the last dragon.

(edited by Sundar.1735)