[Spoiler] Ancient Dragon (?)

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

In Scarlets room there is a reference to the Dragons being a part of something bigger.

Which could possibly refer to the centre sphere. Or not.

in Lore

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

In Scarlets room there is a reference to the Dragons being a part of something bigger.

Was it added with Entanglement? I put together everything in the room from Gates of Maguuma and I’m not seeing anything like that.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

Was it added with Entanglement? I put together everything in the room from Gates of Maguuma and I’m not seeing anything like that.

No it was in part 1, and it was a conversation with Kasmeer after reading Ogdens book.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

and we saw the same thing scarlet saw. you grab her diary and compare her notes with the cutscene, it’s about right. you compare the “what scarlet saw” story with what we saw, it’s about right.

Mostly, but I find it interesting that we didn’t see the thorn vine.

I wondered if you would if you did it on a sylvari. I don’t have one of appropriate level to try it.

EDIT:

The NPC’s told me, I was a sylvari, that I started screaming and they pulled me out off the machine. So it could be very possible that our character would’ve been corrupted if the NPC’s wouldn’t have dragged us out.

Dangit, I need to replay. I think they just mentioned my (human) character’s hair standing up.

no, you scream in pain as a human too.

as for not seeing the vine… maybe it only appeared to scarlet because she was “corruptable”? it’s probably a lame reason, probably not the real one either, but it’s the only one i can think of.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

sad that konig got all the credit when i posted the dream idea first ;-;

I gave him credit for the explanation, not the idea. We had a discussion about it in-game, and his arguments made a lot of sense.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

There was this little thing about the caravan having strong magical artefacts, that have been drained of energy in concordia…

What if it was just Mordremoth following the tasty magic there and the attack on concordia was just a coincidence?

Though the question would remains, why Fort Salma was attacked?
However the priory member said that they have several of these caravans on the move. Maybe there was another place there?

Regarding the vine.
We see the green orb crashing into the “pale tree” and then sprouting vines everywhere.
Maybe this is the “thorny vine” Scarlet has seen.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Personally? I think the center globe was Tyria. Remember, we were supposed to be seeing the Eternal Alchemy there, and while it makes enough sense for the dragons to be notable parts of it, it would be really weird if they comprised all of it.

I agree about the point of it being Tyria. If the Zhaitan orb joins the center, it represents Zhaitan’s magic flowing back into the world of Tyria in this interpretation.

We know there is a lore reason for Tequatl becoming stronger after Zhaitan’s death (I truly believe the Tequatl update is a happy lore coincidence – Tequatl was due for a redesign and that plot thread fit into it) but that’s a side of the story we haven’t explored yet – what happens when an Elder Dragon dies. How does the magic they’ve absorbed leak out into the world? If we hear from Trahearne any time soon, someone is going to have to give us an update on Orr. How can we deal with a future Pact story without adressing Orr (or even if doesn’t change the Open World, it’s only mentioned "oh, Orr is becoming easier/harder to manage) and how can we address Orr without having some indication of what happened when Zhaitan’s magic started leaking out into the world? Admittedly the earliest signs of that should have been in Arah explorable but I suspect they didn’t start thinking about this specific plot when making Arah explorable so there might not be anything there.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

However the priory member said that they have several of these caravans on the move. Maybe there was another place there?

The Priory was collecting the Krait’s obelisk shards from the ruins of the Tower of Nightmares. They were holding them in Fort Salma before they could be moved to a safer location.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

The Priory was collecting the Krait’s obelisk shards from the ruins of the Tower of Nightmares. They were holding them in Fort Salma before they could be moved to a safer location.

Hah, you are right, forgot that tidbit…

Well, somehow that debunks the whole “he has a plan” Theory.

Furthermore, Mordemoth is traveling along the Waypoints, because they resonate with a frequency he finds deliciuous. Something that Taimi is about to stop.
So right now he is nothing more like a plant, turning to the sun.

If he is like Zaithan, he wouldn`t actually care about mortals anyway. They are just in the way of his food reserves. Right now they even provide him with it and the Waypoints are like a nice Highway, with some restaurants on the way. Just imagine where he could stop next.
Some people theorize he goes down to the Crucible of Eternity for example.
Others believe he will go to the chrystal caverns.

However, it is still a giant Dragon and if Shadowrun has taught me one thing, it is: “Don`t mess with dragons”

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

sad that konig got all the credit when i posted the dream idea first ;-;

I gave him credit for the explanation, not the idea. We had a discussion about it in-game, and his arguments made a lot of sense.

i was just joking there :P

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

i was just joking there :P

:) Ah, well. I just wanted to make sure that people on the lore forums didn’t think it is all some sort of guessing game, where the winner gets a prize at the end (although if that were the case, Konig would be rich).

in Lore

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Guys, I think I noticed something. You know the order that the orbs move? Reverse that part of the cutscene into the order in which THEY STOP MOVING, and suddenly everything changes.

Instead of red, blue, white, green, purple, black.
It turns into black, purple, green, white, blue, red.

Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, Mordremoth, Jormag, Bubbles, Primordus.

We’ve gone under the assumption that the order it started in was important…it was the opposite, the order from last to first. Assume we’re seeing a BACKWARDS rendition, a telling of time in reverse.

Zhaitan was the first dragon to make a move with Claw Island, so he was the first cog to ‘stop moving’ with the flow.

We always assumed that Mordremoth was in charge of Scarlet and Aerin’s actions, but what if it wasn’t him, but instead Kralkatorrik in Aerin and Scarlet’s minds? If Mordremoth was behind Scarlet and Aerin, Scarlet could have easily screwed us over with plant creatures (due to being a “champion” of Mordremoth), and Aerin wouldn’t have been surprised at the Master of Peace’s location, since the MoP was in Mordremoth’s territory.

Which would mean that Kralkatorrik made the 2nd move. Kralky seems to only control crystals and the usual dragon power of corrupting minds, which is why we never really saw that much power from Scarlet, outside of holograms (beams of light, which can move through crystal). Likewise Aerin didn’t really show off anything noteworthy of power, except that shield of light energy that could only be broken by a light crystal.

Now we’re after Mordremoth, who is making the 3rd move with his vines, moving through the leylines and stealing anything noteworthy of magical power.

You get the process. If we go by this line of thinking, everything seems to have a proper pattern and makes sense. Meaning next up on the list to make his move will be Jormag.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Kind of wild but I like this theory. In the case of Scarlet being controlled by Kralky why would she disrupt the ley lines waking up Mordremoth? I could understand Aerin being corrupted by Kralky and going after the Master of Peace since MoP was the head of Zephyrites who were protecting Glint who was his Lieutenant that betrayed him.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That theory kind of falls apart though when you pay attention to the fact that the green orb, which we assume is Mordremoth, is the only orb that makes a clear attack during the cinematic. Zhaitan starts moving last, but he’s still just circling around, and not really doing anything. Besides, it is still Primordus who made his first move, back in GW1.

I think a far more interesting aspect of the cut scene to analyze, is the fact that all of the orbs orbit the center, as if they are planets. It clearly looks like a solar system. This is especially interesting in light of the connection made in Arah, regarding stars and Elder Dragons.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Lore

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Kind of wild but I like this theory. In the case of Scarlet being controlled by Kralky why would she disrupt the ley lines waking up Mordremoth? I could understand Aerin being corrupted by Kralky and going after the Master of Peace since MoP was the head of Zephyrites who were protecting Glint who was his Lieutenant that betrayed him.

If Kralky believes that Mordy’s awakening would be a bigger threat, why not wake him up and make the heroes that defeated Zhaitan go after him? Besides, I think the theory that the Elder Dragons grow more powerful when one is defeated COULD hold water (meaning Kralky wants the strongest of his siblings taken out so he gets their power, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!), but the explanation would have to be good.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Lore

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

The Elder Dragons:

We know not when these Elder Dragons came to be, only when we came to be aware of their awakening.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Elder_Dragons < as far as I know, this book is our main source when it comes to the awakening dates. If it is, we should be very careful presuming their order being incorrect/correct compared to what we see in Omadd’s machine.

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

in Lore

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

You should really check out http://theloreofguildwars.blogspot.no/2012/04/alchemy-circle.html btw. Alchemy circles isn’t something new in the Tyrian universe.

Did Lord Odran see the Eternal Alchemy as well? :P

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

in Lore

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

http://i58.tinypic.com/vgj0yg.png

Here is an image I made just for this case.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I think that the added information that the Pale Tree is the supposed “center” of the world/magic, and that Mordremoth is attacking her and trying to possibly corrupt her, is more proof that they aren’t connected.

As soon as Kralk awoke, he bum-rushed it South for dat Glint booty. The objective hardly
“proves” anything.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

I think that the added information that the Pale Tree is the supposed “center” of the world/magic, and that Mordremoth is attacking her and trying to possibly corrupt her, is more proof that they aren’t connected.

As soon as Kralk awoke, he bum-rushed it South for dat Glint booty. The objective hardly
“proves” anything.

Could you clarify that statement? It’s a bit vague. The objective (trying to kill or possibly corrupt her) hardly proves anything? I would disagree, since it gives information about the intent and possible circumstances the Elder Dragon has towards its objective.

in Lore

Ronin.7381

“proves” anything.

Could you clarify that statement? It’s a bit vague. The objective (trying to kill or possibly corrupt her) hardly proves anything? I would disagree, since it gives information about the intent and possible circumstances the Elder Dragon has towards its objective.

What I was saying is that you cl;aim that because Mord is attacking the Pale Tree that it would mean the Pale Tree couldn’t be a champion, lieutenant, or what have you. In Glints case, Kralk set out to kill her, who was his champion, for his own personal reasons. The motive doesn’t necessarily act as “proof”.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Mordy isn’t trying to just attack her though. It seems he is either trying to corrupt her or usurp her position as “the center”. If he is trying to corrupt her in some way, that implies she probably wasn’t corrupted in the first place.

in Lore

Ronin.7381

Mordy isn’t trying to just attack her though. It seems he is either trying to corrupt her or usurp her position as “the center”. If he is trying to corrupt her in some way, that implies she probably wasn’t corrupted in the first place.

Or he’s trying to restrain her and utilize the Pale Tree’s resources. So yes, he is trying to attack her according to Scarlet vision. However at this point he’s been reluctant to approach the Grove. So far nothing in the Grove or outside has changed to signify he’s moving towards it.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

It could be possible that the Pale Tree is immune to Elder Dragon corruption just like her children. Attacking and killing her physically would get rid of a major threat, but if, as you said, he wants to utilize her resources, it would be a waste.

If BrunoBRS’s and Konig’s Dream theory pans out, he could just attack and corrupt the Dream itself. Two birds with one stone type of deal, because other than maybe sending Sylvari to do Wyld Hunts, we don’t really know how well the Dream can defend itself against possible internal or external threats. If Mordy corrupted it in it’s entirety, he could possible allow him to hack the whole sylvari race.

in Lore

Ronin.7381

That’s definitely possible.

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

Scarlets used a mixture of Asura and other technology. The holograms are Asuran, nothing to do with crystals.

Aerin has plants aid him. Or at least the plants get in the way of us chasing him. He doesn’t use any crystals that we don’t use.