Theorycrafting on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Sierra.5872

Sierra.5872

Ok, I managed to get in EotM for 4 minutes and was able to get the next task in the Story Line, which pointed me back to The Dead End Inn where now there were completely NEW interactions. Below I am summarizing my experience for all those that are eager to learn more of Scarlet’s story and motives. The second part of the instance is absolutely amazing and I consider it by far the best thing ANet have done storywise so far with the Living Story.

READ ONLY IF YOU ARE OK WITH MAJOR SPOILERS!

Ok, so after you visit The Dead End the first time you get an updated task to go and talk to Braham. In order to do that you need to travel to the EotM, but we all know that’s not happening. However, there was a brief period of 4-5 minutes when you could enter and I did. I talked to Braham and then got a new task to return to The Dead End Inn, where Marjory had gathered all the evidence she could that related to Scarlet. That was achieved with the help of Emissary Vorpp.

Basically the whole instance plays out as a detective investigating evidence. At first there are 3 holo-records of Scarlet, which you can play in order to learn more about her dealings. I don’t remember much of those, but they do include hints at that “great presence” she felt when she saw the supposed Eternal Alchemy.

After that there are 10 items you need to investigate scattered around the Inn. Each item is tied to one of the Living World Updates.

The items are as follows (Disclaimer: I don’t remember their exact names)
• Scarlet’s Journal
• Toxic Seeding
• An Item From Dragon Bash (I think it was Ellen Kiel’s report on the LA attack and the assassination)
• A Part Of A Steam Creature
• Mysterious Probe
• Clockwork/Watchwork Device
• An Item Representing The Molten Alliance
• An Item Representing The Aetherpirates
• An Item Linking To Scarlet’s Mentor And What She Saw
• A Piece From The Thaumanova Reactior

You investigate each of the items and are then given with a choice to theorize what Scarlet’s motives where behind the Living World Update the items are related to.

Briefly summarized you, Marjory, Kasmeer and Vorpp reach the conclusion that Scarlet has been influenced by something that she saw in the Eternal Alchemy. Some kind of great and disturbing presence that led her to go all crazy. There are also a few brief mentions that Scarlet is very interested in the Elder Dragons. The conclusion continues with her slowly building an army (Molten Alliance, Toxic Alliance, Aetherpirates, Watchwork) in order to prepare for something incredibly big. It is then discovered that Scarlet was interested in the connection between Magic & Energy and especially the ley-lines. The conclusion finally leads to the discovery that Scarlet is using the Mysterious Probes to detect the ley-lines and that she is targeting one of the places below which there is a major focus of those lines – Lion’s Arch.

Finally you learn that Scarlet is planning to attack Lion’s Arch and all of this has been leading to that. Marjory and Kasmeer embark on to LA in order to warn Ellen Kiel of the upcoming attack, for which they think LA is totally unprepared.

This is where the instance ends. You get a mail, in which Marjory tells you they are headed to LA and will make a stand for it there.

I’ve missed quite a few things, because I am reconstructing this by memory and the instance can NOT be replayed. However of all that said the most interesting item to investigate is Scarlet’s Journal, for it shows you completely NEW entries, right after what she saw in the Eternal Alchemy and before she turned into Scarlet. It continues to hint at that great presence she saw there and that maybe Scarlet has embraced it. ALSO one of the holo-records of Scarlet is showing her screaming at something/someone telling him/her/it that she is tired of said person/thing continuing to act like everything up to this point was his/hers plan and not Scarlet’s.

FINALLY, there is a new code embedded into the Journal, which I think will have another effect on the console if inputted. Sadly, I forgot to write it down while reading the Journal.

That’s basically it. Remember, I said this was a spoiler, so please don’t hate me if you read this.

(edited by Sierra.5872)

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I haven’t read that because I don’t want to spoil it for myself – But thanks a lot Sierra, it’s really helpful to have someone provide that information for all the people who aren’t able to get in and want to know!

in Lore

Sierra.5872

I know I was really, really lucky to be able to get into the second part of the instance. My only regret is that I didn’t write down everything more thoroughly.

However, I do agree that most of you shouldn’t read it. It will spoil what will be an amazing experience, imo.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i spent like 15 minutes faffing about in the edge of the mists. i wanted the crowd to dissipate before talking to braham and taimi.

then i got kicked, and the map has been off limits ever since >.>

i did get to listen to taimi claiming that scarlet IS in fact looking for leylines with those thumpers though. i didn’t get the full dialogue, but she was explaining them in leyman terms to braham.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

There was a new code in the journal!? kitten , I missed that.

One thing to add, though, that we haven’t been totally clear on yet:

In the third recording, Scarlet is absolutely certain that she’s doing what she’s doing for herself, not what’s talking to her via her mind. I can’t remember the lines exactly, but it’s something like, “I’m doing this for me, not for you.” Whether or not she actually is has yet to be discovered, but I find it interesting that whatever is talking to her seems to want the same thing she does, or at least that’s implied.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

JayMack…
Sounds like she's in denial to me there, not that she's "certain" about it. Sounds like the thing is manipulating her, making her think that what she wants... is the same thing as what it wants. If that makes any sense.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Sierra.5872

To JayMack & Konig Des Todes:

I think that she is slowly getting into a confrontation with what she saw/was & is working with. The lines stating that she is tired of her not receiving the acknowledgement she deserves for creating and manipulating all those events makes me think that she is starting to feel used and wants to change that. It’s like she clearly wants to define, to whatever the person/thing she is working with, that this is HER doing, part of her master plan, and she is doing it for herself. I think that she may have been manipulated, but she is slowly turning against the person/thing that is manipulating her and growing tired of it.

in Lore

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Interesting takes. She did seem rather angry at whatever was talking to her. Oh another thing that was explained was the steam creatures appearing with her invasions. I can’t remember exactly what was said (again) but the group theorize that Queen Jennah et al built the Watchworks on the same basic design as the steam creatures. Scarlet already knew how to control the Steam creatures (somehow) and so had the ability to control the Watchworks, too.

in Lore

Sierra.5872

Oh, right. I had forgotten about the Steam Creatures theories. They also deducted that the Queen’s Jubilee was the event Scarlet chose to appear, because she had to be near the Watchworks in order to gain control of them.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

GOD kitten IT. i wanna join the fun too T_T

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

Okay, after an eternity (/username-pun) of trying I finally got in and screenshot all the dialogue of Taimi.
It’s a fair share of new information about her!
I’m going to screenshot the next instance and upload it to Imgur and then edit my post with it so others can participate in the theorycrafting.

Edit 1: Im gonna cancel and retry the instance to see for all possible dialogues. There’s a WHOLE lot to screenshot and it’s a one-time instance it seems.
It will take me a while so I’ll prolly make a new post here. P:

(edited by ElysianEternity.6215)

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

I have to admit, I read all the spoilers you guys wrote basically because I barely ever play the living story. Does anyone know if the new updates build upon the previous update? Like do I need to have played the Marionette fight to unlock this new one? What I read intrigued me to getting back to playing the living story now honestly.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

You shouldn’t have to. They never did that before. If you failed to participate in the current, then you just join in at the beginning of the next one like everyone else.

There will be NPCs making references now and again to whether or not you were with them at xyz points in the past, but beyond that there’s no real known difference.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

There’s one quote by Vorp when reviewing the evidence of Omadd’s device. That is, the only things that go in are brought in, nothing exists inside that device. So the voices/the entity/presence was brought in by Scarlet herself. Vorp theorized that she encountered a dark side of her psyche. This works against the “Mordremoth is controlling her” theories to an extent, unless the argument is that Mordy was already a part of her psyche. However, it still doesn’t fully discount dragons being involved. Even if she’s gone insane and it’s an alter ego, her end goal still may very well have something to do with dragons. Particularly now that they’ve clarified that it’s the leylines under LA that she’s interested in.

EDIT: Also were those new diary entries? They seemed the same to me. I liked how they added dates so the forumers could squelch that argument hehe

in Lore

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

I wonder if Ceara’s exposure to the chaos magic released at the Thaumanova reactor has anything to do with this? Was she exposed at that time to an entity like a “chaos beast”?

Alternatively, could be be ore to Omadd than we realize?

in Lore

ElysianEternity.6215

For everyone who can’t access the Edge of the Mists-map,

Here’s the dialogue on Imgur.

I’m still working on the instance with Kasmeer and Marjory for safe-keeping until it’s on the wiki, quick reference and those that can’t get on GW2 during this LS, it’s 200 screenshots (****) so putting that together will take a few hours.

in Lore

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

Hey, does anyone remember the novella by Robert Louis Stevenson, “The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde”? I wonder if it is an appropriate allegory for this story-arc? Maybe Ceara has (or is) transforming into something else as a result of exposure to chaos magic and/or the toxin she developed? Maybe she uses the toxin on herself?

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Neat finds, everyone! Thanks for all your hard work cataloguing this for the future.

Just one question. Is the story instance in the Dead End once per character or once per account? I’m hoping it’s the former, with slight variations on dialogue depending on your character (loved that in the Origins of Madness story instance).

in Lore

Posted by: Furys Eye.8721

Furys Eye.8721

I did the investigation part on my human but was wondering if there’s any changes in dialogue for the steam creature evidence on an asura character that's done the infinity ball plotline.

Sadly it seems the instance is a one time event.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I was extremely disappointed by the Dead End investigation actually because most of the implausible stuff Scarlet has done was just skirted over and remains just something a nemesis can do. Plot holes remain. The interesting stuff that might interest lore people would be :
- Vorpp doesn't know the origins of the steam creatures but you can deduce that the makers of the watchknight copied some of their mechanics. This somehow lets Scarlet use them interchangeably. - Vorpp suggests that Omadd's experiment was a mind isolation chamber rather than a mind expanding chamber so her communication with the entity comes from within herself. There was an extra hint that this was likely to be through the Dream of Dreams. I suppose the deduction is that the entity giving her whispers from the forest is indeed the jungle dragon and it can cause nightmare through the dream.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

For everyone who can’t access the Edge of the Mists-map,

Here’s the dialogue on Imgur.

I’m still working on the instance with Kasmeer and Marjory for safe-keeping until it’s on the wiki, quick reference and those that can’t get on GW2 during this LS, it’s 200 screenshots (****) so putting that together will take a few hours.

tyvm for this. I won’t get back to my good computer until Feb 10th. So I’m stuck with terrible comp and lag until then.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yeah, it’s one time which really sucks. It’s a huge exposition dump, comprehending everything that happened in there is no small task and wrapping your head around all of the details in one go through would require a powerful mind. I suggest you prepare to take screen shots. According to another thread, if you are a Priory member you get slightly altered dialogue, but I suspect the core of it is the same. I’m really starting to regret making my main a Vigil member. Priory and Order of Whispers especially get all the unique dialogue.

I wonder if Ceara’s exposure to the chaos magic released at the Thaumanova reactor has anything to do with this? Was she exposed at that time to an entity like a “chaos beast”?

Alternatively, could be be ore to Omadd than we realize?

She was Scarlet during Thaumanova wasn’t she?

There’s one quote by Vorp when reviewing the evidence of Omadd’s device. That is, the only things that go in are brought in, nothing exists inside that device. So the voices/the entity/presence was brought in by Scarlet herself. Vorp theorized that she encountered a dark side of her psyche. This works against the “Mordremoth is controlling her” theories to an extent, unless the argument is that Mordy was already a part of her psyche. However, it still doesn’t fully discount dragons being involved. Even if she’s gone insane and it’s an alter ego, her end goal still may very well have something to do with dragons. Particularly now that they’ve clarified that it’s the leylines under LA that she’s interested in.

EDIT: Also were those new diary entries? They seemed the same to me. I liked how they added dates so the forumers could squelch that argument hehe

I thought this could actually support the idea that sylvari are connected to an elder dragon. Imagine that the Pale Tree is like Glint, a dragon champion cleansed of it’s corruption (we don’t know how it happened, when it happened or who did it, but it happened, just pretend for now). The barrier protecting her offpsring (the sylvari) from the dark side of their psyche is actually the magic which gives her freedom from being a dragon minion. When she used Omadd’s device to break that barrier, she actually broke the protections keeping the dragon from getting into her mind. Scarlet’s quest for freedom from the Dream and the Pale Tree actually resulted in her enslavement to a dragon.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

The difference if you are Priory is minor – basically you tell Marjory to name drop to speed the Priory up in giving everything to her – and then you find out that Marjory is a valued member of the Priory anyway >.>

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… Has anyone done the story instance as a Whispers member then? Curious if they get any unique dialogue too.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I have. Didn’t get anything that acknowledged my order.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I think the Priory dialogue is only there because it would be weird for the player character to NOT mention that they were a high ranking member of the priory.

Actually I find it kind of interesting that with Scarlet’s seeming obsession with learning from the greatest teachers in Tyria she’s never joined the orders >.>

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I think the Priory dialogue is only there because it would be weird for the player character to NOT mention that they were a high ranking member of the priory.

Actually I find it kind of interesting that with Scarlet’s seeming obsession with learning from the greatest teachers in Tyria she’s never joined the orders >.>

She’s obsessed with learning, but only as a means to the ends of her own autonomy. That’s always been her true obsession, and all three orders have a firm chain of command.

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

I have. Didn’t get anything that acknowledged my order.

Bleh. Guess I’ll be doing the story instance on my Priory Elementalist then.

in Lore

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

What does Ceara want unearthed underneath Lion’s Arch?

in Lore

ElysianEternity.6215

Phew. Took me a while but here is all the dialogue of the LS instance A Study in Scarlet on Imgur.

Merry theorycrafting. ;P

I’ll post my own thoughts later.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Phew. Took me a while but here is all the dialogue of the LS instance A Study in Scarlet on Imgur.

Merry theorycrafting. ;P

I’ll post my own thoughts later.

That’s awesome! Thanks!

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

So in light of the now even more blatant fact that Ceara is being manipulated by something bigger, and the hint long ago that the nemesis would be someone/something we know, any ideas about what/who is actually controlling her?

It seems unlikely to be the Jungle Dragon really, considering she’s having ‘conversations’ with “it” on a seemingly equal level. Furthermore, we don’t really know that dragon.

I’ve seen Glint’s baby as an option, but I consider that one linked to the Zephyrites and something to come into play in a later story.

With the new link to the mists, and Scarlet’s apparent fetish for anything related to time, I’m putting my money on Lord Odran. He was a powerful arcanist who specialized in the study of temporal distortions, after all.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

It’s Lazarus the Dire! At long last, the Mursaat are coming back!

Although… What would he want with the magical ley lines underneath Lion’s Arch?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I wouldn’t think Lord Odran of Lazarus are possibilities.
I’m pretty sure the whole – someone you know- was intended to mean someone our CHARACTER knows. a GW1 villain/character doesn’t fit that at all.

(Also Odran was killed by the souls in the hall of heroes or underworld or something like that.)

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

It’s Lazarus the Dire! At long last, the Mursaat are coming back!

Although… What would he want with the magical ley lines underneath Lion’s Arch?

Create a magical chain reaction to wipe a symbol of unity of the hated “lesser races” (in his view) from the face of Tyria. Mursaat hate all kinds of interspecies cooperation after all.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

So, who would our character know that wields such power and yet does not have any significant role in the personal story?

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I hate to put down this line of thought in it’s infancy, but the quote you are remembering was this: “Aside from the Living Story main characters, we’ll also be surprising you with interesting villains, one of whom will become your personal nemesis. Again, no spoilers allowed, so I can’t tell you more than that, but you’ll recognize this sassy character when you see…um, him/her/it.”

That doesn’t mean “that’s someone we know”; that means “that’s someone we can pigeonhole as the teased personal nemesis”.

Of course, beyond that aborted attempt right after Clockwork Chaos, the writers haven’t done much to make Scarlet personal…

The source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-story-evolution/

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I suppose the distinction between recognising that they’re the personal nemesis and recognising them from a previous point in time isn’t all that clear. So yeah I guess you’re right Aaron – I kind of wish they had been clearer with their word choice because when using the word recognise in relation to a person the predominant meaning is to be identifying them having known or seen them previously.

I guess they were going for the whole ’you’ll recognise it when you see it’ kind of statement – but that isn’t really supposed to apply to people.

(edited by FlamingFoxx.1305)

in Lore

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have also been thinking on the “personal nemesis” for some time- Scarlet has never struck me as very personal since she is more an agent of mass destruction- we also have no prior knowledge of her.
Saying that we can “pigeonhole” her into a nemesis role doesn’t wash for me simply because of the fact that it is not personal for her.

The only personal grudge she seems to have is with whatever is in her head.
I am extremely curious to know what it is.

Especially since in the holo she seems very angry and on fairly equal footing with it, except she mentions it taken credit for her work.
So far as I understood it- we have always ascribed the shenanigans to Scarlet
Unless we have Scarlet/Ceara aspects here and Ceara is claiming that Scarlet is taking credit for her work

The tie Ceara has with Caithe has also always bugged me.

I am more curious than ever to see if the promised personal nemesis will show up

Gunnar’s Hold

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not expecting someone to step out of the woodwork and actually matter to my character… but if they did, I would not complain.

in Lore

Sierra.5872

What does Ceara want unearthed underneath Lion’s Arch?

Scarlet, not Ceara anymore, wants to get to the ley-lines that are below Lion’s Arch. This is what is concluded at the end of the story instance. This is also supported by the fact she used the Molten Alliance to enhance her drilling technology through the Dredge’s equipment and the Flame Legion’s magic.

All in all I’m getting more convinced that we are dealing with a case of “Alter Ego” in here. It’s been hinted all around. The question remains however whether the second ego “Scarlet” is actually controlled/influenced by something/someone else. Gollum/Smeagol anyone?

in Lore

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I think that few sentences from the LW instance need to be mentioned here:

- Lion’s Arch needs softening up first, so we infiltrate its halls of power and neuter its defenses from the inside
/Scarlet’s Hologram/

- With Trin in place on the council, she could have weakened the city’s defenses from the inside. That plan backfired, but Trin escaped to the Mists to prepare for something.
/Marjory Delaqua/

So Scarlet wanted to weaken defenses of the Lions Arch by putting some puppet in the council. Everyone thinks that Mai Trin was going to be that puppet. She was arrested, yet she escaped (important prisoner closed in the cage with easy access to it? whose decision was that?). What if Mai Trin was a scapegoat, to put Ellen Kiel on the seat?

- Now she has an kitten nal of advanced weapons and an air fleet to deliver them. No city is prepared to defend against an aerial attack. Not even Lion’s Arch.
/Kasmeer Meade/

- Kiel’s been pushing to build up the air defenses around Lion’s Arch, but the rest of the Captain’s Council won’t get on board. They say Scarlet isn’t their problem – that she wouldn’t strike the Arch again so soon after Dragon Bash, or that they’ve already withstood one of her attacks and don’t need additional resources to withstand another.
/Marjory Delaqua/

So Lion’s Arch is not prepared, even if they know about Scarlet’s plans of attacking the city. Ellen Kiel is not taking any actions even after telling her, that the probe under LA have turned green. Also Marjory sends a player letter after completing instance, that Lion’s Arch is not preparing for the defense (Ellen Kiel tells her, that it’s the whole council’s decision, not her, but did she talked with the council about it?).

in Lore

Sierra.5872

So Scarlet wanted to weaken defenses of the Lions Arch by putting some puppet in the council. Everyone thinks that Mai Trin was going to be that puppet. She was arrested, yet she escaped (important prisoner closed in the cage with easy access to it? whose decision was that?). What if Mai Trin was a scapegoat, to put Ellen Kiel on the seat?

Ehm, if Ellen Kiel was working with Scarlet why would she ever want to go and investigate the Thaumanova Reactor?

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Well, not saying this is a likely scenario, but what if Kiel wanted the players to recover what went wrong with the research in Thaumanova for Scarlet? We see Scarlet appear in Thaumanova (and yes it is implied that she was actually the external advisor during the event) and she did conclude that "Now we know how NOT to do this kind of research right on an intersection of those channels. Live and learn, right? ". So it is possible that if Kiel worked for Scarlet, that this was the purpose of our investigation all along. To retrieve this information for Scarlet.

But like I said, I don’t think it’s likely. It is heavily implied that Scarlet was simply there right before the accident. So she would have already known all this.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I think that few sentences from the LW instance need to be mentioned here:

- Lion’s Arch needs softening up first, so we infiltrate its halls of power and neuter its defenses from the inside
/Scarlet’s Hologram/

- With Trin in place on the council, she could have weakened the city’s defenses from the inside. That plan backfired, but Trin escaped to the Mists to prepare for something.
/Marjory Delaqua/

- Now she has an kitten nal of advanced weapons and an air fleet to deliver them. No city is prepared to defend against an aerial attack. Not even Lion’s Arch.
/Kasmeer Meade/

- Kiel’s been pushing to build up the air defenses around Lion’s Arch, but the rest of the Captain’s Council won’t get on board. They say Scarlet isn’t their problem – that she wouldn’t strike the Arch again so soon after Dragon Bash, or that they’ve already withstood one of her attacks and don’t need additional resources to withstand another.
/Marjory Delaqua/

So Lion’s Arch is not prepared, even if they know about Scarlet’s plans of attacking the city. Ellen Kiel is not taking any actions even after telling her, that the probe under LA have turned green. Also Marjory sends a player letter after completing instance, that Lion’s Arch is not preparing for the defense (Ellen Kiel tells her, that it’s the whole council’s decision, not her, but did she talked with the council about it?).

Um… you’ve actually got that backwards. Kiel is doing everything she can, by her own word. It’s the rest of the Council that won’t lift a finger.

Unless of course you think Kiel is lying, in which case all I can do is facepalm and wait for the coming patches to lay that conspiracy theory to rest for good and all.

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

That was a very revealing instance.

So we get some interesting info from the items. Things that stuck out for me:

- The Molten Alliance provided Scarlet with the technology she needed to create the probes.

- The Aetherblades provided her a airforce to give her military superiority. It also provided her the basis for the Aethertech which she has used to develop the Aethercannon.

- The Watchknights she gained control of from studying the Steam Creatures that the Watchknights are based off. In her hologram she shows a particular interest in Golems was a means for combining the different diciplines of Statics and Dynamics. They provide her highly versatile shock troops.

- Apparently the artefact taken from the reactor explosion was saturated in Dragon magic.

- Scarlet managed to use the Tower of Nightmares to create a toxin that is resistant to the effects of the Antitoxin making it even more deadly.

- Interestingly her first Journal entry is 1321 and the entries seem to go over 3-4 years. Do we know what date she went into Omadd’s device?

- According to Vropp, the Omadd’s notes said that the device he put Scarlet into was designed to completely lower the mind’s defences and open it up completely to the Eternal Alchemy. Vropp theorises that what Scarlet saw was something already inside her by that she had been shielded from.

My guess is that whatever she saw, she saw through the Dream. It would make sense that during her vision it was the Pale Tree that tried to stop her if where her mind wondered was into the depths of the Dream. What she found and was completely unprotected against was whatever dwelled deeply in there. My guess is that is what ‘secret’ she shared with Caithe. Caithe knows what Scarlet saw and unlike Caithe, Scarlet was completely unprotected from it.

Scarlet seems to be building a lot of firepower but I don’t think that her target is simply Lion’s Arch. I think the people of Tyria are just in her way. She is after something else and I suspect the scale of the weaponry she has built is to be unleashed on that.

So what is controlling her and why is she after the Ley Lines? My guess is she is after a hub in the Ley Lines to trigger something. Perhaps she hopes to manipulate or damage the Ley Lines to force something out into the open where she can attack it.

As to what is manipulating her, what if its one of Jungle Dragon’s Champions? What if doing what she is doing is what it needs to finally wake the sleeping Jungle Dragon? I don’t think the Sylvari directly linked to the Dragons. I think its more likely they are tied to the Druids.

Its so hard to guess where this is going but its certainly getting interesting. Hopefully in the second season they will give us more to speculate on before the end cause this is actually getting good.

in Lore

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Here’s my speculation.
Shiro is controlling Scarlet and once we deal with her Shiro will return for the third time riding Kuunavang. Then Arena Net will reveal that all this time they’ve been secretly working on Cantha expansion and that it’s going to be released this summer.

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Here’s my speculation.
Shiro is controlling Scarlet and once we deal with her Shiro will return for the third time riding Kuunavang. Then Arena Net will reveal that all this time they’ve been secretly working on Cantha expansion and that it’s going to be released this summer.

Please no… I want Cantha to remain a beautiful, empyrean mystery. Sacrificing it on this writing’s altar just to make our wishes come true – only to be severely disappointed in the end – would be sacrilegious.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Here’s something that’s been bothering me- all that evidence, all of our conclusions, say that Scarlet has been preparing a strike against Lion’s Arch since Dragon Bash at the latest. But the tools she’s used to find the ley lines weren’t in place until Fractured, and if our character is right, didn’t find the ley lines under LA until just now. That means that the ley line can’t be why she’s attacking LA- but again, if our character is right, and everything is connected, they’ll still play into the attack. So the question of the day is: How could she use ley lines in an assault on Lion’s Arch? I have my own thought, but I’d like to see what you all think.

in Lore

Sierra.5872

Here’s something that’s been bothering me- all that evidence, all of our conclusions, say that Scarlet has been preparing a strike against Lion’s Arch since Dragon Bash at the latest. But the tools she’s used to find the ley lines weren’t in place until Fractured, and if our character is right, didn’t find the ley lines under LA until just now. That means that the ley line can’t be why she’s attacking LA- but again, if our character is right, and everything is connected, they’ll still play into the attack. So the question of the day is: How could she use ley lines in an assault on Lion’s Arch? I have my own thought, but I’d like to see what you all think.

Maaaaybe she wants to use them as a lure to draw something out and then use the massive force she has created to battle it or maybe take control of it and add it to the said force?