in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I’m keeping my fingers crossed too. :/

Tonn/Apatia cut from Personal Story

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I wish they would post here, at the source. Seek the source, devs…Cleanse this mess…Seek…the source..

in Lore

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Which is entirely vague and doesn’t say that the fear storyline will be returning, just that they’re going to fix “plot holes and story inconsistencies”

Which very well may end up just being altering the text dialogue, and removing key VO dialogues.

In short, I won’t be happy until I see something more detailed about that.

And if they don’t revert it, they better give an explanation for why they could possibly think this blatant retcon (something which ArenaNet has taken multiple repeated steps to be adamantly against) was a better outcome.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

In all fairness though, these have never worked for me…

I always ended up with the Apatia storyline and after the orb was returned the story continued in the direction I chose, which made no sense whatsoever for my characters…

“Hey you’re back! “Someone” dropped of this magical orb so lets go confront that traitor who got the team you never saw killed!"

…fun times.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Lore

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

I got a screen shot of Apatia when I was taking a close up of my guardian. I’ll post it in honor of her memory. I never did get back to finding her after the battle. Perhaps I won’t finish the story, and she will always be lost.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

In all fairness though, these have never worked for me…

I always ended up with the Apatia storyline and after the orb was returned the story continued in the direction I chose, which made no sense whatsoever for my characters…

“Hey you’re back! “Someone” dropped of this magical orb so lets go confront that traitor who got the team you never saw killed!"

…fun times.

Yeah, this was one of the things that got me question the order of the PS in general.
Sometimes things happen, just being done by other people, instead of you.
Sometimes it does not happen, because you are the only person that makes that choice.

Yes, it leaves some confusion on which can be asumed as canon and which not.

You can basicly asume, everything happens, even you are not there (suspension of disbelief is your friend here. If someone appears, which should only be there if you helped them, then it has been someone else who made that choice)

In the end we a re just dust in the mists .
Everything is like a rug, wibbly wobbly timey wimey

in Lore

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Apatia storyline was removed? Why? WTF?

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I got a screen shot of Apatia when I was taking a close up of my guardian. I’ll post it in honor of her memory. I never did get back to finding her after the battle. Perhaps I won’t finish the story, and she will always be lost.

Well, if you ever continue playing on that character, you can finish the thread. Sadly, after that, Apatia would disappear forever. I know because my necromancer chose the peer fear and after the patch, I was still able to play “Shell Shock”, which I had unlocked pre-patch. I’m glad I actually get to play it out, since it is the last fear I have yet to see played out, and I want to know more about how Syska works. (She was never good enough for Chakotay…)

in Lore

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Not for me: This still references her because I had the old format for story intact when I finished my PS on Hikari by doing Arah Story mode today.

Attachments:

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Lore

Diovid.9506

Why is Anet taking so long to adress this?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Several reasons spring to mind. If they are indeed re-writing dialogue and possibly re-doing voiceovers to support their new model, that could take a while. If they haven’t decided internally whether to support the new model or revert to the old, they won’t have even started yet. If they think other parts of the game, or even other aspects of the new personal story (buggy quests, examining and fine-tuning the new rewards, etc.) take priority, again, that’ll slow things down.

It’s also, for all that I know, fully possible that they did fix it already- ANet doesn’t always mention what they change in the patch notes.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Diovid.9506

Regardless of the reason why nothing has been changed (or why it has changed but without mention), they should communicate about it.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

They did:

We are discussing your thoughts internally and continuing to work on the story steps. Once I have some more new I will update the thread.

Source thread. That was posted eight days ago, and since there hasn’t been any further word since, it is not unreasonable to assume that they’re still internally hashing out what to do. (Although, given ANet’s irritatingly self-defeating policy regarding communication, we aren’t likely to hear anything more until the changes they decide on go live.)

EDIT: Actually, there are a couple more recent ones from three days ago here, both from Chris- “For those asking we are still discussing the story steps and will have an update soon.” and “I or Leah will update as soon as we can and we intend to at the minimum to get things back in order.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Posted by: WarHawk.7862

WarHawk.7862

Decided to do storyline for the third time, just to see what I missed. I was genuinely upset knowing there was huge (around 4-5 missions) cut, which made blackhole in the story and now it`s like a mess. That was absolutely wrong decision.

Tonn`s story was the most dramatic in the whole game with his wife loosing her mind after getting tragic news. I just realized that my hero was so sad for the first time in whole game. And I like it even more than Apatia one, and unfortunately I had no chance to see the third path. Anet decides to cut that… okay, I just have no words. Care to explain why you remove one of the most substantial and plot detailed part of the storyline? I do not really get it.

I hope story will be fixed no by further cuts but by bringing actual story elements back to pieces.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They haven’t stated why this change happened but it will be fixed in 8+ weeks.

Personal opinion but I disagree on your comments on Tonn’s storyline. It was overly predictable to me, greatly so, and was the first fear storyline I did so I didn’t know what to expect. Tonn’s wife’s reaction felt greatly out of place given her combat medical background and her sudden turn around was too sudden (like Logan’s at the end of Caudecus’ Manor story dungeon).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

They haven’t stated why this change happened but it will be fixed in 8+ weeks.

Personal opinion but I disagree on your comments on Tonn’s storyline. It was overly predictable to me, greatly so, and was the first fear storyline I did so I didn’t know what to expect. Tonn’s wife’s reaction felt greatly out of place given her combat medical background and her sudden turn around was too sudden (like Logan’s at the end of Caudecus’ Manor story dungeon).

I completely agree. Meeting his wife was kind of an eye-roll bad writing moment for me.