What do omnom berries taste like?

in Lore

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

A serious question here. Any food experts able to guess what an omnom berry tastes like?

It seems most prevalent in pie, cookies, and cake.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Omnomberry

But what is its flavor?

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Sounds like a convention question

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I know that gourmet gaming made an ‘omnomberry’ dish using maraschino cherries. I think give the colour, the way its used in different recipes, and how they would add to this, this is a very good guess.

These maraschino cherries are cherries soaked in maraschino wine, this wine is made from italian wild cherries. Giving a softly sweat, but also acidic taste with a hint of alcohol. All in all a very good imitation of omnomberries. Imitation, cause the real omnomberries just tastes omnomnomnomnomnomnom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqL7jyrXhLs

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

(edited by mercury ranique.2170)

in Lore

Posted by: Petoso.2574

Petoso.2574

I would say very sweet and sour too. They come from rotten lands so they rot a bit too. That gives them a high amount of sugar cause of the rotting process.

in Lore

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Imitation, cause the real omnomberries just tastes omnomnomnomnomnomnom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqL7jyrXhLs

Pretty much yeah.

in Lore

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I imagine they might have a cherry flavor because the inside of an omnomberry (and the main ingredient of the pie and bars) are pinkish purple.

Because they are so rare and Risen don’t bother to harvest them, they must be exceedingly ripe, so the taste must be very strong.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

it tastes omnomnomnom

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’ve never thought about it, but I’m going to imagine they taste like a cross between a cherry and a cranberry.

in Lore

Posted by: Bau Bau.7389

Bau Bau.7389

Based on the icon Omnomberry have in gave I thought they may be close to Mangosteen. A friend of mine from Hong Kong show me a picture of them and I my comment was: “That is an Omnomberry!”
She said Mangosteen are very juicy, but I have never seen and/or eat them in real life. Below there is a Mangosteen pic; do you think it looks like an Omnomberry?

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

What do omnomberries taste like?
DELICIOUS!

Alternatively, they taste like magic find? :P

Those certainly look pretty right on the outside, Bau Bau.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, mangosteens aren’t a “berry”, as their external rind is inedible. I had some as a kid long ago, but all I remember of it was a sweetish taste with an odd aftertaste that I wasn’t too fond of. They do look remarkably like Omnomberries though.

in Lore

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Fruit tastes of whatever you put into it so…

Omnomberry bushes are fat and watery. So the berries are likely very watery/juicy.

They grow in sandy/saline areas along the coastal parts of Orr. Fruits that grow in saline areas (salt marshes, coastal farms) usually have a dry taste, or a sharpness. Dry in that it will clear your palette.

Finally due to the miasma that coats Orr, they don’t get a lot of sun so they’re probably on the tart side.

When you cook something that is watery, with a dry taste and a certain tartness… it usually becomes sweet and refreshing. And when you ferment it… mmmmm… Omnomberry wine anyone?

in Lore

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Based on the icon Omnomberry have in gave I thought they may be close to Mangosteen. A friend of mine from Hong Kong show me a picture of them and I my comment was: “That is an Omnomberry!”
She said Mangosteen are very juicy, but I have never seen and/or eat them in real life. Below there is a Mangosteen pic; do you think it looks like an Omnomberry?

Mangosteen are superdelicious.

You can only eat the white “pods”. They have a jelly-filled texture that reminds me of lychees.

The taste is sweet and sour, somewhat reminiscent of passionfruit.

Incidentally, without making the actual connection to mangosteen, I imagined the taste of omnomberries pretty much like this.

Of course, the actual plants look nothing like omnomberry plants.