Reward was too big; I feel this is unfair [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

This forum is filled with people just searching for something to complain about, omg. Arenanet makes this AWESOME event, with rewards that people have dreamed about since day 1. Precursors in a boss chest. Now more people have them, and can make legendaries. I didn’t get one, I’d love to have one, but I think it’s great that people finally got theirs.

Also the price went down A LOT because people were mass selling them. But as there’s so much demand and not enough supply the price will go back to it’s original price soon.

We need more events like these to get the precursor price down, so more people have a chance at legendaries. Good job arenanet, don’t listen to these guys complaining, they’ll complain about getting free precursors in the mail if they can.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Wow are you guys really crying that RNG is RNG? Some of you need to grow up. Do you cry when people get really lucky off a boss and get a precursor? If you do then DO NOT ever play an RPG EVER EVER again.

The difference here is the drop rate was absurdly high compared to a boss/mob

How is that a difference? You are mad because you didnt get lucky and others did. Having the % chance higher was only beneficial for everyone, you included. Just admit you are mad because you happened to BE THERE when others got lucky instead of just seeing the after effects. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

How exactly am I mad I didn’t get a precursor? As I stated before if you bothered to read my post I said I am dis-satisfied with the direction anet is taking their game i’ve made over 200g and have no intention of making a legendary.

(edited by RoRo.8270)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

This forum is filled with people just searching for something to complain about, omg. Arenanet makes this AWESOME event, with rewards that people have dreamed about since day 1. Precursors in a boss chest. Now more people have them, and can make legendaries. I didn’t get one, I’d love to have one, but I think it’s great that people finally got theirs.

Also the price went down A LOT because people were mass selling them. But as there’s so much demand and not enough supply the price will go back to it’s original price soon.

We need more events like these to get the precursor price down, so more people have a chance at legendaries. Good job arenanet, don’t listen to these guys complaining, they’ll complain about getting free precursors in the mail if they can.

Never mind the fact that the entire event has been a buggy mess…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

How about Anet just send a random Precursor to everyone via mail 2moro?

1. you solve the problem of those who could not attend
2. those who got disconnected during the event
3. those who played on a lower level alt
4….and those who have played from day 1 who got junk from the chest

Problem solved

Because Everybody did not get a precursor from the chest. The few that got one where the luky ones that the RNG favored.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

In my event there where hundreds of players, know how many got a precursor? 4, is that too many? I don’t think so.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SMBTrumpet.9742

SMBTrumpet.9742

The way to fix precursor prices is not to randomly make a set of users rich. That just gives people more money to spend and causes general inflation in the economy, decreasing the purchasing power of everyone else’s gold.

One-time events are not the place to give rewards like this. They’re a great place to give unique rewards that have no impact on the overall game, like unique skins, etc. – NOT to give out incredibly valuable items worth hundreds of gold. What disappoints me the most is that all previous one-time events basically conditioned us to think “eh, the rewards are OK but nothing life-changing”, and then they go and pull this on us. 20-slot boxes are huge. Exotics are huge (in 196 hours I’ve never had one drop randomly). This puts me economically at a substantial disadvantage to everyone who did a single 2-hour event.

….and this doesn’t even get into all the people who tried to do the event and got disconnected because of massive server problems, people who wiped near the end of the event and got no reward, or people who didn’t realize there was a chest – why do chests even exist? Just give the rewards at the end of the event like in story missions.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Just to clarify why some of us are very unhappy with the rewards. I played through to the end chest and received, 2 lvl 36 rares, 2 level 65 exotics ( all vendor trash ) and the Accound bound items. Because the event descriminated against players lower than level 80, without any consideration of the players input, I believe I have a perfectly valid complaint against Arenanet.

I will never ever recommend this game to another player.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

Just to clarify why some of us are very unhappy with the rewards. I played through to the end chest and received, 2 lvl 36 rares, 2 level 65 exotics ( all vendor trash ) and the Accound bound items. Because the event descriminated against players lower than level 80, without any consideration of the players input, I believe I have a perfectly valid complaint against Arenanet.

I will never ever recommend this game to another player.

I believe that if you are leveled to 80, that you should have the option to get level 80 rewards (just like the mad king clock tower chest).

Would have been better to have 1 item for your level, 2 items for 80, chance at the precursor and the 2 account ones.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

i was able to do the first 2 events but due to my schedule couldnt attend the final event……..fantastic ;D /end sarcasm.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: namastex.8906

namastex.8906

I don’t see how people who just started (via free trial) could have gotten a precursor to drop. Unless they start at level 75+ there’s no way they could have gotten to level 80 and gotten a precursor.

I ran the Event with all my characters, 3 are level 80s and 3 that are below 35. The level 35- characters all got 2 level 39 rares and 2 level 62 exotics and the ancient karka box. To me, it looks like people like to lie to stir up things for no reason….

BTW with my level 80 mesmer I got the colossus from the chest

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phoenix.6735

Phoenix.6735

Whoever who says “its just a CHANCE to get precursors” are just grasping at straws to defend Anet.

“its just a CHANCE to get precursors” + “cannot even do the event because of technical/real life issues” = No chance forever.

Rebuttal please?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GeoX.5046

GeoX.5046

My god, you guise are acting as if everyone got a precursor x-x
I liked this event because it gave you a very small chance to get precursors, if not it gives you an awesome accessory, 2 exotics and maybe some other loot!
The only thing i didn’t enjoy about this event is the bothersome lag and invisible monsters…
If you couldn’t make the event, bravo, you put life ahead of pixles, pat yourself on the back.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Owningtheair.8493

Owningtheair.8493

The only “unfair” part is the huge difference between people with great luck who got a precursor and those who got the least in demand exotics or level 79 ones. There should be a lot less difference in your fortune if you went through the same hell together, it shouldnt be that a few people felt they had an awesome experience because for 3 hours of their time they got a legendary precursor while the rest feel they wasted their time on subpar content for small rewards.

You feel discriminated against because you couldnt make it? Guess what, you couldnt make it. Others made the time. It was announced well before the event and you could have done the same.

Was the reward too big? No not really. In fact if Dawn had dropped for me (and nothing worth mentioning did) then I’d have felt like I earned it because guess what, you didnt just miss the event, you missed hour after hour of unavoidable deaths in content that was clearly not tested, a little lag, repair bills and extremely forgettable content. I appreciate what Anet tried to do with the account bound accessory and the 20 slot bag, those are cool beans but somehow I think more thought went into those 2 items than the entirely of the Lost Shore monthly.

in The Lost Shores

Owningtheair.8493

Whoever who says “its just a CHANCE to get precursors” are just grasping at straws to defend Anet.

“its just a CHANCE to get precursors” + “cannot even do the event because of technical/real life issues” = No chance forever.

Rebuttal please?

A lot of people who attended the event “couldnt attend the event”

Some of us chose to face the concequences. Not having the chance at a legendary precuror is yours.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Whats with these arguments that giving items is SO unfair but giving a cosmetic item (i.e. skin) would be cool? I think its the other way around, the items (aside from those 2 that all participants got) can be gotten any other day, a rare drop skin thats only in this event would be an even greater outcry from the masses.

The whole game, or really the whole genre exists on rng items that few people get. Either through rng or massive time+money sinks. If someone is so 110% entirely opposed to that he should probably switch games. And this isnt a “dont like it? Then quit” but more a "why do you make a bigger deal out of it just now instead of every day for the last few weeks (on an item that can be rng-dropped for you any time you play)?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cerberus.7695

Cerberus.7695

So, Anet, your move!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vashtion.6307

Vashtion.6307

I just hate the fact that I couldn’t even complete the event due to dc issues at the end, meanwhile I have a friend who completed the event twice, came in at the end of a third one and got all the rewards. He’s now quite happy with his 3 20 slotted bags and a friend of mine got a precursor as well.

I woke up early to do the last two “one time events”. The first being a cutscene and the second being a really laggy event. So this time I decided not to wake up super early to see the event and bam. It’s an event in which exotics/precursors/20 slotted bags were the reward…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

I just hate the fact that I couldn’t even complete the event due to dc issues at the end, meanwhile I have a friend who completed the event twice, came in at the end of a third one and got all the rewards. He’s now quite happy with his 3 20 slotted bags and a friend of mine got a precursor as well.

I woke up early to do the last two “one time events”. The first being a cutscene and the second being a really laggy event. So this time I decided not to wake up super early to see the event and bam. It’s an event in which exotics/precursors/20 slotted bags were the reward…

^this, both events had crappy rewards and it was 4am my local time so i skipped the 3rd only to be kicked in the teeth. GG arenanet, i uninstalled Bugwars 2.

Zerg>Skill.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rennuh.9356

Rennuh.9356

This is exactly the thing, I was there for the previous one time events and they were not very rewarding so there was no reason to believe this would be different.

Isn’t a bag worth more than 10 gold and 2 exotics more than enough already? Also it’s just out of proportion with other rewards in the game. Completing the storyline gave me 5 green lvl 40-60 items which I couldn’t even use. The added reward is not much better either, a lvl 80 rare weapon. For storyline! And a 2 hour effort is rewarded with an increased chance for a precursor on top of an already much better reward. I don’t think anyone can say that seems right.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

…seriously, people? We all keep complaining about how rewards could be improved, and now that we DID get decent rewards, you complain that you couldn’t be there?

I’m happy with what I got, even though I can’t really use any of it (except for the bag and the shell) – at least I got something yellow and orange for a change.

Also, I had quite a lot of fun with the event – althugh the lag was terrible, I couldn’t play on my new system (which could have easily handled the graphics at least), ankittenpt dying because the lag prevented me from dodging or I was overrolled before I even saw the crappy crabs coming. I just loved the community’s humor in those situations, when most of us were dead on the ground until a small rescue squad made the rounds reviving everyone.

Polka will never die

in The Lost Shores

Owningtheair.8493

Sorry but the info was out there that the one time event was on the 18th and because of that its pretty obvious that the real reward was going to be after you complete that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kyouhei.2341

Kyouhei.2341

They should introduce a realistical Recipe for the precursors in the mystic forge and make the drop rate of the event the actual drop rate for Boss Monsters around the Map.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Derian.4703

Derian.4703

Same story… drop 2 exo for 5 g but my frend in pt drop 2 pre like 400g. why chest dont drop aways 1 pre 1 normal exo …. all will by happy but i am bit disapointed. and still is meany ppl that got DC and this free trials account hehehe good job arena u know how to pist off players :P

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Sorry but the info was out there that the one time event was on the 18th and because of that its pretty obvious that the real reward was going to be after you complete that.

It’s not about whether it was informed in advance, it’s the mentality that only certain people can play your event cos of where they live. GW1 was never like this, and since people like to compare how GW2 was “just like” GW1 in almost every heated argument about ANet’s decisions, let’s see them do one for this too.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Starblade.6538

Starblade.6538

I’m not the one to complain about this stuff, but have to say this really makes me sad.

I have attended all other events, but yesterday I spent the time with a friend who tried it out instead. It was his last ours on the trial and I wanted him to have the best experience.

So I didn’t attende the last event on lost shores, and hence missed the chance of a precursor.

I’m not jealous really, just sad stuff are done this way.
At least next time, don’t combine a free trial with such an event

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Yes, rewards was too big - that’s why here is a TONS of whine.

Give me my rewards please!

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rennuh.9356

Rennuh.9356

…seriously, people? We all keep complaining about how rewards could be improved, and now that we DID get decent rewards, you complain that you couldn’t be there?

I have never complained about previous reward and never will. Because I understand that the very fact that you give everyone a ‘good reward’ makes the reward worthless at the same time. Look at all the people complaining that the exotics they got were only worth 2 gold or whatever, yeah what did you expect if everyone got them?

That was pretty clear to me, even if they had personally called me to tell me that I had to be there because it’s a one time thing wouldn’t change the fact that I couldn’t be there. And the same goes for a lot of other people from timezones where this all happened at 3 in the morning, or for people who had to work or study or had family obligations. They were all well aware of the fact that this event was happening. It’s like offering a child a cookie but then putting it on the top shelve so it can’t reach it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

They also issued similar warnings for earlier one time events that proved to be way overhyped

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ljaphillips.3497

ljaphillips.3497

The fact is lots of people wanted precursor prices to drop. ANET did a “Quick” fix and had them drop to a small percentage of people in the event. But still means hundreds of precursors.

Logging on this morning most have fallen alot in price, and should continue to fall as people decided to sell them today.

If anything the drop rate for these was too low! in the event and could have withstood being 2 or 3 time higher.

They should have dropped enough of these to push to price down to below 100g for all of them.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bufko.2497

bufko.2497

They should have dropped enough of these to push to price down to below 100g for all of them.

Go tell that to Dusk and Dawn >_>

in The Lost Shores

SilverWF.4789

I need The Hunter skin only. Only skin.

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

I too feel that its kind of unfair for precursor to even be dropping, but maybe the problem is precursor itself: sky high price and the appropriate drop rate. I’m not going to rage or anything.

It’s just that for people like me to achieve even 50 gold is sort of a hard to almost-impossible task, and I really want those mystic forge weapons.

I know that luck is never at my side, but you don’t need to rub it in my face.:(

in The Lost Shores

Adam.4103

My only real problem is that people in some time zones could do the event several times on different overflows with alts and get an even bigger chance of getting a precursor or maybe even two. Europeans and Oceanic’s for one couldn’t really repeat it or even take part in it simply due to the time which is extremely unfair.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

(edited by Adam.4103)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

How is this even a complaint? You’ve mad because you didn’t get a piece of the loot pie? That’s you’re fault, not Anet’s (even if you had a good reason not to be online like being at work). People were complaining that last event’s (Mad King) loot was crap. Now they give us some good stuff and you’re complaining? “I didn’t get it so nobody should get it!” You’re being silly. Get over yourself.

(Not that this is coming from someone who DIDN’T get a precursor)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

The only problem with this drop rate. Prices went down its OK. Few ppl will buy it cheaper than usual. Hurray. The only problem. The price drop is temporary. The rest of the precursors will be bought/or bought by already uber rich ppl who will only sell them once the prices will go high again. Yesterday when i logged out BLTC was crashed. In the afternoon when i will log in after work i am sure i wont see any special low price on the broker. People who were rich will get extreme rich and those who are in need of the precursors will be able to buy them on high price only again.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cerol Brisingr.1893

Cerol Brisingr.1893

My only real problem is that people in some time zones could do the event several times on different overflows with alts and get an even bigger chance of getting a precursor or maybe even two. Europeans and Oceanic’s for one couldn’t really repeat it or even take part in it simply due to the time which is extremely unfair.

If this is your only problem, then be glad, you have no problem. I had a few guildmates that did the event on another overflow than I did and they came over after the event was done on theirs (we still had a lot to do, so I was just fine with some help ^^). For them, the event only spawned an already opened chest which they could not use. I, on the other hand, could not reach the chest because of a small chain of unlucky happenings, but that’s another topic.

in The Lost Shores

Adam.4103

How is this even a complaint? You’ve mad because you didn’t get a piece of the loot pie? That’s you’re fault, not Anet’s (even if you had a good reason not to be online like being at work). People were complaining that last event’s (Mad King) loot was crap. Now they give us some good stuff and you’re complaining? “I didn’t get it so nobody should get it!” You’re being silly. Get over yourself.

So people with real life commitments should be left out and it’s their own fault? The event should have repeated for 24 hours but made so you could only open the chest once per account.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

I thought it was ment to drop the prices? That is, if you guys still want that?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I thought it was ment to drop the prices? That is, if you guys still want that?

The only problem. The price drop is temporary. The most of the precursors will be bought/or bought by already uber rich ppl who will only sell them once the prices will go high again.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

all this people putting value on a few PIXELS!!!! grow up people!!! some people in 3th world countrys would kill you for a few bites of REAL food. geez

in The Lost Shores

SilverWF.4789

some people in 3th world countrys would kill you for a few bites of REAL food. geez

How may food and goods you have sent to the 3rd world countries?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nimue.9507

Nimue.9507

I did all the phases of the event and also the big event yesterday evening (in my country it was at 9 PM). I think there were a lot of problems with bug and lag… the first day was the worst and I had very difficult to play… so I can complain about this and about people that crashed at the end of the big event yesterday and didn’t got the chest… but complaining for the precursors loot… I don’t agree with it. I got the chest and I didn’t get the precursor… I played at GW2 since the beginning, my pg is 80, I’ve done all the phases and yesterday I played from 9 PM to the end (a lot of hours). I think yesterday was very fun, it was a great event… the chest gave me the usually drop, with 2 exotics and 2 rares… no precursors for me… so yes, I was unlucky and others was very lucky, that’s what the game is… I’m sad because I don’t have the precursor, but I’m happy because I liked the event.
So I’m agree to complain for the lag and bugs with days 1 and 2 and for people crashed yesterday at the end… but not for the loot…

( Sorry for my english )

Arwen – Ele
Gunnar’s Hold

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GiGGeR.1520

GiGGeR.1520

really life will not be just and fair and it will never be, unfortunately. it will be generous if Anet will compensate those who where at the event but dced, moved, or whatever technical reason they didnt got the reward. we will b grateful, thanks

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

some people in 3th world countrys would kill you for a few bites of REAL food. geez

i have worked in 3th world countrys to help those people. you?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

So people with real life commitments should be left out and it’s their own fault? The event should have repeated for 24 hours but made so you could only open the chest once per account.

Pretty much. Anet announced the times of the events in advance, and if you can’t make it, tough luck. Should they in the future make the event every 3-4 hours? Sure, but at this current point in time, if you missed it, that’s your problem.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

Pretty soon people will complain that Anet should postpone the event cause they have a bad outbreak of dyarrhea and can’t make it for the next 3 hours.

Seriously some people will never be happy. I would be the one pissed off if at the end of 3 hours killing karkas over and over again they handed to me a green and 2 blues.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Pages and pages of people who got to participate in the event telling people who had to work or who had other commitments to stop complaining. Or people who were lucky with exotic & precursor drops telling people who couldn’t participate “tough luck”.

Signs of a healthy and growing community. Well done Anet.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

i have worked in 3th world countrys to help those people. you?

Maybe that’s why you started talking like them.. 3th indeed…

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Banek.5640

Banek.5640

I can’t believe half the stuff i am reading on these forums. So you did’nt get the loot you wanted, a lot of people did’nt myself included but i feel far from dissapointed. That’s what happens when drops are random, get over it and move on there will always be other events.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

My biggest problem with this event are some of the people that were in overflows that finished the event first. Some (if not a lot, can’t tell how many) were able to log over to an alt and finish the event a second (or third time). Each alt can open the chest. 2 guildies managed to get 2+ precursors during this event. I’m all for lowering the cost of these weapons by flooding the market, but this should have been done more evenly. I got 4 non-max (76 and 78 exotics, 77 and 78 rares) pieces of garbage that would sold for a total of 4 gold, on an 80 toon. My overflow just happened to be one of the last events to get completed, and when I tried to get into another overflow, all of them were done already.

Anet, if you do any more of these kinds of events (1 time with a fairly large reward at the end), PLEASE make it happen at least twice (so everyone has a chance to partake in the event, and PLEASE make the rewards once per account. You already made the rewards either Bind on Equip or Bind on Account, so I think that was your goal, but, sadly, you missed your mark…again.