Safe to delete Phase 1 event items?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Apparently i couldn’t finish Phase 1 event quests since Noll was bugged.
Now Phase 2 has ended, so should we delete phase 1 items?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Metalman.7985

Metalman.7985

Am wondering about this too.
Knoll looks like is going to be fixed so i think we might be able to complete that one.

But what about the other one that starts at Miyami? I went to free the quagan but shes not there.

Any ideas?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

My recommendation is that you hold on to these items throughout the weekend.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Ok. I’ll hold onto them just in case we’re still able to finish Phase 1 once Noll is fixed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Metalman.7985

Metalman.7985

Will do. But can you tell if we can complete both those quests now? Especially the one that starts at Miyami which doesnt seem to be completable now?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

i was wondering that too, metalman. I could find the quaggan, but the items I was supposed to bring her were not anywhere to be seen (this is on Magumma)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zada.1574

Zada.1574

Just now when the new build had went live, I went to Metrica Providence to do the Hylek part of the investigation event, but he wasn’t there anymore. I was under the impression that Phase 1 investigation events would stay for more than just Friday because of all the bugs that’s been around. I already did the Investigation in LA, and the Quaggan part. Tried to do Noll and the Largos & Canach parts on Friday, but they were all bugging out…

I really hope that I can still complete my investigations, as it would be a major let down to not to be able. ._. It’s been really confusing with all these bugs and updates.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

Can someone from Arena Net just be clear and honest and tell us something useful?

I presume from your post that some sort of quest happening tomorrow (Sunday) will need these now-useless phase 1 items, yes?

Will this quest actually work?

I know you guys probably thought this thing would be fun and full of surprises and you don’t want to spoil them, but so far not much has actually worked this weekend, and the process of finding so many things broken hasn’t been much fun.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So can we delete the Miyani line items? Since we can’t complete that line now…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

I deleted mine because ArenaNet said the event had been removed and that was that. If I find they have some utility and the only way I could know that was reading a random thread on Page 4 of a sub-forum I will be very very annoyed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TerryLong.9561

TerryLong.9561

Now we are told this, after I read a RED comment earlier, saying they would not have time to fix the 2nd portion of the scavenger hunt…. To late for me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

So now that phase 3 started (I can’t be in right now), and [insert deity] did not cry and sand did not accumulate in [person/place/thing], who do we give the pieces of map or whatever that other thing was from phase 1 to for a cat or prize or candy corn or what not? Doesn’t need to be a secret now, right?

Or do we just delete them because the investigation quest forgot to?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I still have the items. I have been there multiple times and it was bug all the time. Get this fix and let us end it. A guild member was able to do it.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Also wondering about these items. I think I have a magic scroll I got from a quaggan that I tried to give to one of the lionguard people, but he refused to take it. When I went to try the next day he was no longer there at LA. Kinda scratching my head about what was the point of that.

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

in The Lost Shores

skullmount.1758

So what do we do with these items now? Ancient Karka is defeated, so now what?

Darkhaven server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I still have my alchemy potion with no shell or magic scroll. I am wanna know if they gonna fix and extend that questline like the Noll one :[ I know the reward is meh but I do it for the RP, lore and fun, loot is just a bonus for me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Potion+Scroll+Shell were taken and I was given a jug of karma. What I still have on me are the two map pieces and the bag from the first-first part. Those were the pieces I was wondering about, as to whether we just delete them or if someone will take them in exchange for a hat or something.

Space is precious. :p

Or it costs gems, at any rate, and maybe that’s the idea.

[Red Poster] “Yeah, those 20 things we gave you on National Hug your Postman Day? I’d hang on to those, because you ‘neeevvvver’ know, you know?”

/wink
/wink
/nudge
/nudge
/say no more

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pugsie.9265

Pugsie.9265

awaiting a response as well.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

I just wish we had a collectable area for event items…

I’m such a packrat, and space is precious especially when you already purchased more slots lol.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

I’m such a packrat, and space is precious especially when you already purchased more slots lol.

Not likely, as bag/bank slots are a cash shop item. There are also new crafting materials which conveniently don’t deposit into collectibles…..

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nuime.8542

Nuime.8542

Yes… now I’m wondering about this too since the “finale” is over.

in The Lost Shores

Meriem.3504

Potion+Scroll+Shell were taken and I was given a jug of karma. What I still have on me are the two map pieces and the bag from the first-first part. Those were the pieces I was wondering about, as to whether we just delete them or if someone will take them in exchange for a hat or something.

Space is precious. :p

Or it costs gems, at any rate, and maybe that’s the idea.

[Red Poster] “Yeah, those 20 things we gave you on National Hug your Postman Day? I’d hang on to those, because you ‘neeevvvver’ know, you know?”

/wink
/wink
/nudge
/nudge
/say no more

That quest is still active if you are on the Noll part, I did it today, the other is not. I am sad they did not keep both chains running. :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

We need to know the answer to this. Unless there’s some mysterious thing that hasn’t appeared here or on Reddit they currently have no function at all.

I can’t/won’t delete them because I don’t know but if they aren’t good for anything why give us the items at all and/or not removed them.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nefara.2186

Nefara.2186

I already deleted them yesterday after still being unable to talk to Fahd after he’d been supposedly fixed, and Noll was still on his lunch break. This was at about 3pm PDT yesterday, I just gave up any hope of knowing what was going on and followed the Zerg.

Not happy at all with the way the phases went, DEFINITELY preferred the Mad King approach. Being able to complete all phases up to the current one is so obviously better.

Musically inclined individual forever on the lute treadmill.
Check out my songs for the harp !
My guide for beginners!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Not likely, as bag/bank slots are a cash shop item. There are also new crafting materials which conveniently don’t deposit into collectibles…..

People would happily pay $5 or so for an event-collectible area.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

I went ahead and deleted the map fragments and soggy bag – was able to finish the quest today and get the reward but apparently the goods were not needed as they weren’t claimed by the NPCs.

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/

in The Lost Shores

Spikedadragon.6015

That’s my point. It’s not infinite to buy though, lol. And the holiday/special events have their own collectables that aren’t collectable to the … you get it, otherwise I’d say that word yet again! It’s a shame really as my storage is already filled thanks to stuff like that, especially all the candy corn/trick-or-treat bags and the like. If I find something new to store, Its a pain to figure out what to rid of.
I still have the Candy Corn machine thing for hunting ghosts, heh.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Bumpity cause I really would like to know. The “weekend” is effectively over and it just doesn’t feel like this part came to a conclusion.

I still have my Candy Corn machine too but I know it’s not good for anything. I just can’t get rid of it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Sad thing is I already have all bank slots expanded and my bank is always full. It is giving me headache everyday what to dispose and what to stay. I was expecting they let us buy more bank tabs in this patch but nothing. Looks like they don’t want us to buy anymore gems. :p

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Drusus.6723

Drusus.6723

I hope I can trade in these useless place fillers for something worthwhile considering the debacle of the events in general and the final event.

It’s decidedly inappropriate to give pure junk all weekend for those that tried to work through the bugs for 2 days while your then buggy final event gives the only appreciable worthwhile reward, still disconnecting and denying people fair reward for time and effort.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phazor.1958

Phazor.1958

So…since there appears to be no further investigation sequences, I assume it’s now safe to delete the Phase 1 items (i.e. the 2 maps and the soggy bag)?

in The Lost Shores

Hologramx.6402

If that’s the case, I guess the reward of the chain is “A few slots of your bag has been occupied for two days”?

Why don’t they just add a forge recipe to let us throw those map fragments in to get something, like a karma jug. Guess most people can live with that.

(edited by Hologramx.6402)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I just deleted consortium bag and scrolls((((((.

all is vain

in The Lost Shores

Hologramx.6402

ArenaNet should provide an answer ASAP because it is still taking up 3 slots in our bag. For some lowbies it can mean a lot more. And look at the reference count of this thread, it is 6000+ now. I am sure it tells how many are really concerned on what to deal with those fragments.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fubarbox.9386

Fubarbox.9386

I really want an answer on this as well…I have seen it asked a lot and cannot understand why Anet cannot just give a simple straight answer so that we can delete the items or use them!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ladyosheep.3548

ladyosheep.3548

I would also like to know this please

in The Lost Shores

Spikedadragon.6015

Bumpity cause I really would like to know. The “weekend” is effectively over and it just doesn’t feel like this part came to a conclusion.

I still have my Candy Corn machine too but I know it’s not good for anything. I just can’t get rid of it.

I want to use it on the actual spirits/ghosts in various places. Won’t work but still…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dorsk Khomm.6803

Dorsk Khomm.6803

Agreed. Had two events and I now have the candy corn machine, the first book reward (I got the 2nd after soul-bindng the first so it’s not “useless”), soggy bag, both map scraps…

By the time we get to the one year anniversary we’ll all need a 20-slot bag for these left-over items. Could someone please confirm if they’re needed or if we can at least “re-acquire” some of them (i.e. the candy corn machine) if needed in future.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

yep delete your precursor’s while your at it.

Zerg>Skill.

in The Lost Shores

skullmount.1758

So is it safe to delete them now?

Darkhaven server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I never got the second map piece (did get a mail, but it didn’t contain anything), so I doubt they are important anymore.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

Im guessing you can get rid as one of the main npcs has dissapeared from LA so theres not much more to do with it after the Lake part

in The Lost Shores

skullmount.1758

Im guessing you can get rid as one of the main npcs has dissapeared from LA so theres not much more to do with it after the Lake part

Lake part?

Darkhaven server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Skewki.4597

Skewki.4597

has anyone figured out why we should “hold on to these items throughout the weekend” ??

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Shame I deleted them. oh well sux to be me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Duplicated.4715

Duplicated.4715

has anyone figured out why we should “hold on to these items throughout the weekend” ??

I’d say that maybe Anet might have another event specifically for those who have missed the reward from yesterday’s event, based on all the complaints about how laggy it was + disconnection issues + different timezone.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I’d say that maybe Anet might have another event specifically for those who have missed the reward from yesterday’s event, based on all the complaints about how laggy it was + disconnection issues + different timezone.

I hope that’s the case. I couldn’t finish the Miyani chain due to bugs.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Are we ever going to an answer on this?

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in The Lost Shores

Meriem.3504

Are we ever going to an answer on this?

It not my virtue either but be patience. I know they already said they are figuring out what to do with DC’s with the chest, hopefully they are considering this also. I really want to do the lore for Myani’s quest chain.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

Maybe some really smart Anet person will read this thread and notice that people are not very happy about this last weekend. How much fun is wasting time, being confused, not being able to attend events, being placed in overflow for hours at a time and having nothing work as it should.
I hope we dont have the dubious pleasure of any more of these events until maybe some time after ANet gets at least personal quest issues straightened out.
1. What good is a special event if people cannot progress through their story line?
2. Why give a free trial weekend during a totally bugged special event?
3. Why add more crafing supplies that noone has room to store?
4. Why have a final event that is bugged that people can’t even attend?
5. Why give out skins that wont go on ALL armor?

As with all else, I expect no answer but do feel better for the chance to vent.