Reward was too big; I feel this is unfair [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m in the same boat but not from legendary grind from the grind needed to make exotic armors.

It’s ridiculous. They need to address MF, they need to fix the drop rates in open world (yes I should absolutely be able to get the mats i need for exotics/infusion armors without EVER going into a single dungeon), the champions and veterans STILL don’t drop the good loot they promised us they would fix that….

SO disappointed I can’t even think straight. This was not what we were promised this game would be…..the manifesto? it has completely gone by the waste side.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Discriminated really? The offer was there for everyone. Its not Arena Nets fault that you couldn’t attend the event. Sorry about your luck with those rares but discriminated? really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: War Siren.2346

War Siren.2346

Okay, I’m all for cosmetic skins being given out during one time only events, Really whatever to those, but gear and legendary Items to boot? That is not cool Anet! For the people that could not make it because they had to work, live in a Timezone where they can’t play at that time, whatever the reason (I had to work as I do every Sunday.). We got screwed and hard. It’s bad enough we missed an event I’m pretty sure we could suck that up and take it on the chin like a champ, and even missing out on Item skins… But gear.. GEAR!?!!!

That’s messed up Anet you just screwed a bunch of people over because they have obligations, Timezone etc., I personally think you guys need to never do that again, come up with cool event only outfit and weapon skins for the future.

I appreciate you guys want to ake the game world more dynamic and living and that’s cool.. I’ve just accepted with your Sunday Noon PST policy I’ll never make an event.. But seriously giving out gear is unfair, next time cosmetics Anet, don’t screw over the people that can’t make it even more.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

i knew there was a reason to not log in..glad i didnt. Thanks for the reminder.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

People got a precursor from the finale?

Now I’m sorry but that’s bullkitten. I was at the kick off event, and had a horrible time because of the lag. I hear all kinds of complaints about the second event about lag as well, but I missed it because I overslept (I work nights, so 3PM EST is terrible for me). At what point would someone waste time and screw up their schedule and show up for the finale when they couldn’t do the first two properly? That’s just ridiculous. ANet did nothing but terrible for the first two main events and to expect the third one to magically be better when it’s only a day later is expecting far too much. To essentially punish people for realizing this is insane.

To top it off, Anet has enough Oceanic players complaining about the events being in the middle of the night for them…this is just certainly going to make everything better!

Usually I’m against all the ANet bashing of late, but giving out precursors to a one time event that they have a record of 0/2 performing in the total of the event? Come on. Just asking for problems.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I participated in the event and I didn’t get a precursor. Technically that would give me more right to complain, since for the same amount of effort I got a lesser reward. But it’s RNG and it’s virtual items… Less QQ More Pew Pew.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

So I was not able to join the event this evening and that’s fine. But now I read that so many people have gotten a precursor from it I’m feeling discriminated because not everybody has gotten this chance. Yes it’s jealousy and I am well aware that I probably wouldn’t have gotten one if I was able to be there.

I have tried to make a precursor for the last month, spending every last penny I got on making rares and trowing them in the forge, over 1500 rare greatswords gone in and no precursor to show for it. All fair and well, everybody has the same odds and they were just not in my favor. However this reward was just not offered to me, I couldn’t be there why would you make the reward SO big. When I heard you where making a scavenger hunt type of thing to get one I thought that’s a good idea, and I don’t care if it takes you another month or longer to make that as long as you eventually do. But until that time give everybody the same chance for a precursor and don’t favor people who just happened to be able to attend the event.

And no I won’t quit playing over this, the game is still good, I just want you to think about this and don’t discriminate players who just can’t be there at a certain time.

Clearly you need to farm more. That was part of ANet’s manifesto, remember? That farming and grinding are the funnest things in the world.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

this whole thing just gets better and better doesn’t it?

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Yes .. only 3 players from my guild got the precursors. Our officer got Zap, another one got axe and the last precursor was torch.

And there were a lot of more players dropping the precursors.

Its not fair but thats how RNG works and I am used to it.

U were just unlucky. I didnt drop precursor too.

Just dont be jealous, one day you get yours precursor. I had to by it myself too.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

I’m just amazed that someone who got a free trial can get a precursor, while others who have been playing since day one and have hundreds of hours clocked in didn’t get anything as they had real life committments and couldn’t attend the event.

I can understand why they like doing one-time events, but putting precursors in them is crazy.

Well, you’re wrong. Sorry. Only level 80’s could have gotten it because the item drops were level-based. I know because a few of my guild members weren’t level 80 and got rares and exotics of their level (60’s). One did the even on a level 30 character and only got level 30 based gear. So ya.

I’m actually not wrong. Getting level 80 within 3 days is easy, the amount of events plus the fact you are invited by a friend, means that you have them to help you level.

I have friends that were given gold and crafted themselves to 80 after doing events to level 40.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I was doing some events in lost shores the other days with a guy and he got a precursor off a veteran we killed while I didnt.

You arent entitled to anything, and at the end of this event everyone received a box with two fixed items and 4 random rares/exotics. If you got that you have no room to complain. All those people that lost out on it due to connection issues at least have a reason to be mad, but those adding up the market value of their drops and comparing it to the best case scenario of a RNG are just pathetic.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rennuh.9356

Rennuh.9356

Yes discriminated, may be a strong word for this but it basically is it. It was not an offer for everyone, think of people in timezones where the event started at 3 in the night for example, that’s not what I call a fair chance. Apart from that a lot of people where not even able to log in. Sure I understand the event can only happen once and that’s fine but why make the reward so good?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

No he was scaled to 80 for event you can equip lvl 80 item if you have it.
You know like PVP gear, and how people from halloween event equipped exotic lvl 80s and now using them to lvl on alts.

Interesting. I would have thought it would be like WvW where you are upscaled, but can’t equip 80 items.

in The Lost Shores

War Siren.2346

I know, I want to know who’s bright Idea this was to give out Exotics and Legendary Precurssors.. Then I wanna smack their hands with a ruler and yell never again at them!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Unidentified.8329

Unidentified.8329

So I was not able to join the event this evening and that’s fine. But now I read that so many people have gotten a precursor from it I’m feeling discriminated because not everybody has gotten this chance. Yes it’s jealousy and I am well aware that I probably wouldn’t have gotten one if I was able to be there.

I have tried to make a precursor for the last month, spending every last penny I got on making rares and trowing them in the forge, over 1500 rare greatswords gone in and no precursor to show for it. All fair and well, everybody has the same odds and they were just not in my favor. However this reward was just not offered to me, I couldn’t be there why would you make the reward SO big. When I heard you where making a scavenger hunt type of thing to get one I thought that’s a good idea, and I don’t care if it takes you another month or longer to make that as long as you eventually do. But until that time give everybody the same chance for a precursor and don’t favor people who just happened to be able to attend the event.

And no I won’t quit playing over this, the game is still good, I just want you to think about this and don’t discriminate players who just can’t be there at a certain time.

Clearly you need to farm more. That was part of ANet’s manifesto, remember? That farming and grinding are the funnest things in the world.

Indeed.

Loves to ANET for all that content we can farm for as long as we want. Until DR kick in because it’s unhealthy to economy if we farm too much.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: truecrisis.6081

truecrisis.6081

@OP If you were one of the people who got the item, then you would be praising ANET for allowing the chance to get it in alternative means.

This thread is created purely from jealousy. fail.
ANET offered the event at the time when MOST PEOPLE WERE ON. Its just RNG that you couldnt be on at that time and RNG if you didnt get the item by participating, and RNG if you got disco in the middle of the event.

Its called CHANCE. Its called LIFE. Enough!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Eanwulf.8972

Eanwulf.8972

Everyone who is complaining about the precursors should go look at the Trading post because all the precursors have been halved in price. This was a good thing for everyone, even the people who couldn’t participate.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Brittney.6798

Brittney.6798

I understand your frustration, however you were given the opportunity to join the event. They said it would be a big one time only event. I didn’t get a precurser but good for those that did. I think the bigger issue is the RNG for getting them at all. There should be a way to get it without the gamble. I wouldn’t mind putting more work into getting it if I was guarenteed to get it. Some people burn through alot with no luck, while some get it without even trying. That is whats not right, not that people got an increased chance to get it from a one time only special event that everyone was aware of.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Nothing was handed over to the players. It was a large scale long event and needed many people to be completed, and all who was there was expecting at least something good, otherwise it wouldn’t have been worth it.
You had to work at that time? Bad luck.
You had to go out with your friends? Bad luck.
You can’t blame ANet for giving worthy prizes for an important large scale event announced since the beginning of the month, just because you couldn’t participate.

I honestly would be pissed too if I missed the event, so I understand your anger, but you really can just blame the odds. There will always be someone working at the time of an event. And they can’t just appeal for everyone’s timezone.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

Everyone who is complaining about the precursors should go look at the Trading post because all the precursors have been halved in price. This was a good thing for everyone, even the people who couldn’t participate.

Halving the already ridiculously high price does nothing for people who are not already rich. At 200g or 100g or even 50g, I don’t expect to ever be able to afford a Precursor in the next year because I cannot play all the time, or even most of the time. Essentially, this event(and potentially similar events in the future) would be the only way I, and many others, would get a Precursor while they are still relevant.

Of course, the next one-time event won’t give Precursors, and it will be a giant middle finger to the people who happen to be able to get online that time but either got unlucky and didn’t get one this time or missed the event completely due to schedules or other issues.

I understand your frustration, however you were given the opportunity to join the event. They said it would be a big one time only event. I didn’t get a precurser but good for those that did. I think the bigger issue is the RNG for getting them at all. There should be a way to get it without the gamble. I wouldn’t mind putting more work into getting it if I was guarenteed to get it. Some people burn through alot with no luck, while some get it without even trying. That is whats not right, not that people got an increased chance to get it from a one time only special event that everyone was aware of.

Yes, because the other one-time events gave any type of hint that it would even be worth our time. The one-time event during the Halloween events was literally nothing. The first two for this event gave no rewards out of the ordinary. 3/3 “waste of times.” There was no reason at all to even think that the event would be anything other than flashy, like the other “You don’t want to miss it!” events.

Even if I had gotten there and gotten a precursor myself, there has been absolutely nothing about these one-time events that I can commend. They have been a waste of time 3/4 times, a lag fest 3/4 times, and they screwed a lot of people on the last one.
I like the new content, I loved the Southsun Cove area, but these one-time events need to stop.

(edited by Polantaris.9513)

in The Lost Shores

War Siren.2346

@OP If you were one of the people who got the item, then you would be praising ANET for allowing the chance to get it in alternative means.

ANET offered the event at the time when MOST PEOPLE WERE ON. Its just RNG that you couldnt be on at that time and RNG if you didnt get the item by participating, and RNG if you got disco in the middle of the event.

It’s called a game that we all equally paid for (actually those of us that bought the CE paid more.), not life. Giving Items for a one time event in a Video Game is wrong and it was unfair, they should have given cosmetics or a title.

Oh and BTW even if I was able to attend and did get a legendary precurssor, I would have still felt the way I do now. it’s bad design, and IS an unfair advantage for those that had real life responsibilities and couldn’t make it. As I aid we all paid for the game so it’s not life it’s a video game.

in The Lost Shores

Hermes.7014

Not everyone got a precursor. I didn’t get a precursor. Good luck to them at selling those too.
The prices of precursors at the trading post was preposterous either, so it’s a good thing if this income lowers it a little.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

So let me ask you Hermes what would be so wrong with having this event run on say… a 5 hour or so loop so more people can experience it at some point?

in The Lost Shores

Rennuh.9356

Then you just don’t know me, you are right I wouldn’t have made this thread because I would be happy with my loot. But I would definitely not praise Anet, because for the first time I think people are complaining with good reason. And as I have admitted it is jealousy I feel but that doesn’t change the facts.

Yes it is all RNG and that’s fine however not being able to enter the event is NOT RNG, as I said before especially people in certain timezones just couldn’t enter if they live a normal life. So you also think that poor people in africa shouldn’t complain? They were just unlucky to be born there but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have the same chances in life as someone who was born in Europe or America. Yes this example is really far fetched and this is just about a game, so it’s not like I’m really angry and I won’t quit the game over this, I just wanted to give feedback to Anet. I hope they take it in consideration for the future and give everybody the same chances, which is perfectly doable in an artificial world like Tyria.

(edited by Rennuh.9356)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

You can’t blame ANet for giving worthy prizes for an important large scale event announced since the beginning of the month, just because you couldn’t participate

Yes, you can. I live in NZ where phase 3 started at 9am Monday morning, which means I had no chance to do this at all. And I can blame them because the solution is simple – design an event that everyone can do! They made a conscious decision to set this at a time knowing that much of their global audience couldn’t participate. As a consumer, I find that unacceptable.

in The Lost Shores

War Siren.2346

Nothing was handed over to the players. It was a large scale long event and needed many people to be completed, and all who was there was expecting at least something good, otherwise it wouldn’t have been worth it.
You can’t blame ANet for giving worthy prizes for an important large scale event announced since the beginning of the month, just because you couldn’t participate.

I honestly would be pissed too if I missed the event, so I understand your anger, but you really can just blame the odds. There will always be someone working at the time of an event. And they can’t just appeal for everyone’s timezone.

Sorry mate I don’t think unfair advantages needed to be given to the people who got yo participate. simply giving out some neat cosmetics something they can show off, but not make a ton of gold on or avoid spending a ton of gold attached to a 1 time event is B.S. There was zero reason to give out actual gear.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

It took about 2.5 hours to complete the event.

It needed those drops.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hylozoist.5210

Hylozoist.5210

There’s a really easy way A.Net could have catered to people actually having lives.

Make the event reward people once per account, but running on a loop for at least a few days.

That way everybody gets to experience the event, regardless of their schedule.

One-time-only events are a terrible idea, and A.Net really needs to learn that quickly.

Constantly feeling that you’re missing half the game because you can’t make it to a specific few hours on a day is TERRIBLE for the health of the game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

This is terrible. I mean, at least make it repeating and being able to loot the chest only once. I mean, in gw1 all the events were on a 3 hour clock. It is unfair to actually have rewards for a one time thing that many people cannot attend.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

RNG is pretty messed up when people were getting 2 x precursors and trial accounts also getting precursors.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AresOnasis.4703

AresOnasis.4703

So let me ask you Hermes what would be so wrong with having this event run on say… a 5 hour or so loop so more people can experience it at some point?

That wouldn’t stop people from complaining about the people who can attend every one of those events as well. They still end up with more.

It’s a game kitten Grow up. Do you complain because they give out prizes at some baseball games as well? Do you really think people who have season tickets will complain when they can’t go to a game, but at that game, they gave out free hats or some other bs? No… Why? because they’re not babies.

Your faith is your weakness.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: vorir.7684

vorir.7684

Anet wants to make GW2 seem like a living breathing world. They want their players to be immersed. One time events help achieve this. I don’t know if you ever played WOW, but if you did, you’d know how much it sucked when Hogger kept respawning even through there were 2 or 3 dead Hoggers on the ground.

Secondly, people have been crying for a sense of progression. I seriously doubt that Anet will ever implement any kind of extensive gear treadmill, so these kinds of events are their way of achieving this. I now have loot and gear that indicate that I participated in this huge event. This sets me apart from people who were not there. Therefore, without any jump in gear stats, I feel like I have progressed in the world.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

That event took FOREVER. I’d be more mad if it DIDN’T give out that kind of loot. We even had to do a side event so we’d have a nearby waypoint for the twenty or so people who were dead right then, not that having most of the group dead was unusual. Overall, it was a really intense event. My hands started cramping.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Unidentified.8329

Unidentified.8329

Anet wants to make GW2 seem like a living breathing world. They want their players to be immersed. One time events help achieve this. I don’t know if you ever played WOW, but if you did, you’d know how much it sucked when Hogger kept respawning even through there were 2 or 3 dead Hoggers on the ground.

Secondly, people have been crying for a sense of progression. I seriously doubt that Anet will ever implement any kind of extensive gear treadmill, so these kinds of events are their way of achieving this. I now have loot and gear that indicate that I participated in this huge event. This sets me apart from people who were not there. Therefore, without any jump in gear stats, I feel like I have progressed in the world.

Did Hoggers dc people and gave awesome lvl 80 reward to people who didn’t?

Maybe I need to go check wow again after all those years…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Asmo.7680

Asmo.7680

While I understand that this event was thoroughly advertised as a one time thing, I have to express my intense distaste for the potentially extremely profitable and beneficial rewards that were NOT advertised. I chose to not participate in this event because of my religion, I won’t go into that much, suffice it to say this practice has never been detrimental in the past. Now, because of my choice to not play today, I have been hindered and put behind anyone else who was able to participate/loot the chest. I will never be able to receive a 20 slot bag for simply participating in an event, participating is the key word as you didn’t need to do much more than kill a few enemies in each event. Nor will I be able to have the opportunity to have a sure chance at receiving exotic and rare items, with an increased chance at receiving Legendary precursors from the chest. I have been behind ArenaNet with almost every decision up until this point, but I am extremely disappointed with how they handled the rewards. I participated in both events prior to today’s, trying to do everything available with the expectation that I might receive something in return, yet, as a result of my missing one of three events, I will receive absolutely nothing except for some experience, karma, and a couple silver from the events I could complete. Previous special events from this game or its predecessor, none of which have been one time, have only ever resulted in cosmetic rewards, which would lead me to feel no need to participate in this event. It appears that I was wrong to think that would occur.

How to rectify this? At least give us the opportunity to participate in something: an event, a scavenger hunt, anything. Just something that would permit the player who did not participate in today’s finale to receive even the 20 slot bag, but preferably a bag along with an exotic and rare, or even just the chance for an exotic or rare.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vigil.3408

Vigil.3408

I’m not big on complaining. I don’t like to do it, and I usually I don’t think it serves any real purpose.

This is the first time I’ve honestly thought to myself, “This isn’t right”. There’s been a few of the changes Arena Net have made to Guild Wars 2 that have made me raise an eyebrow, but nothing that’s made me want to come on to the forums and actually voice how disappointed I am; not like this.

Arena Net – having a “one time only” event which occurs at 6am on a Monday morning which hands out Legendary Precursors like they’re candy isn’t on. It’s absolute rubbish. As the people who made and designed this you know very well how much time, patience and effort some of us have put in to TRYING to get one of these things, and for you to put an event in which hands them out ONCE ONLY is absolute trash.

This was not a good idea on any level. It’s absolute rubbish. I can’t express how disappointed I am in Arena Net right now. Very poor form.

in The Lost Shores

Hermes.7014

Perhaps they could have made the event repeatable, and make accounts who already opened the chest unable to open it again. That way it would have been much more fair for everyone, but I bet they would have toned down the rarity of the rewards if that happened.
As it is intentional to make legendaries hard to craft, it was intentional to give out the rewards on a single chance.

Obtaining good items in this kind of games is always a matter of luck, or time spent. It is luck at participating to an event like this, as it is obtaining something rare from a monster drop, and it is well known how luck can be unfair at times.

in The Lost Shores

War Siren.2346

That wouldn’t stop people from complaining about the people who can attend every one of those events as well. They still end up with more.

It’s a game kitten Grow up. Do you complain because they give out prizes at some baseball games as well? Do you really think people who have season tickets will complain when they can’t go to a game, but at that game, they gave out free hats or some other bs? No… Why? because they’re not babies.

Let me use your example against you….

If it was a baseball game or any other real live event I missed freebies, oh well I dodn’t spend $130.00 USD or anything for those events so what ever, guess what I did pay $130.00 USD for this game, yes that’s right I PAID FOR THIS GAME. I have every right to be upset that they not only threw an event (Twice now.) that I could not attend because I have real life obligations, and to top it off the people that were there got an unfair advantage of gear (not even talking about the legendary precursors, that 20 slot bag and the Accessory were really amazing. Not to mention 2-3 random Exotics.) I as someone who PAID (Not to mention what I’ve spent on Gems.)for the game have every right to be upset that I was excluded from it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cerberus.7695

Cerberus.7695

I was let down. I like many other got this game on pre-purchase.
Played for a few weeks and patterns emerged, expensive repairs, expensive travel costs, and then there was no way to earn money due to anti farming.
Next comes the BIG EVENTS, like the dragons which are epic in the whole scheme of things and its all “yeah were gonna get something good for this”……..“oh some blue items that isn’t used by my class”…….
So I stopped playing, i wasn’t rewarded for my time playing, I watched exploiters getting away with things and prices rocket in the AH. So I stopped and loath to admit I went back to WoW.
The first big patch for GW2 and I thought “This will get me playing again”.
A world changing event……no…I got some yellow items and 2 exotics 1 i can use but wouldn’t and 1 I cant, sell them I thought 70 silver……pointless.
Who will even know I was there? no one, there was no achievement, no items that shows I was there which for a game about aesthetics should of been what you got, something that made me glow or gave me tentacles like a Japanese blue movie, just something.
I’m let down far to much from this game, I understand it’s new and things take time, but you had years to get this right, I know many people have complained about similar things regards to the dragons and loot. We want loot, that’s just how most people work, and a game that is all about the looks throw some more of this stuff in.
I am sorry but I can see allot of people not bothering after this failure. Oh and thanks for the token for completing the story, kinda doesn’t make up for doing my monthly achieve and getting 1 copper….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

You just separated your playerbase in two. The ones that got a free precursor which gave them the most expensive and hard to get part of their legendary (or free 100+ gold on the TP) and the ones who got regular loot. Not to mention how people joined multiple overflows on different characters to loot the chest multiple times. Also trial accounts with free precursors. How is that supposed to be fair? What did you aim for with these drops? Your players demand a reasonable explanation.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

After doing that terrible terrible event they pretty much had to give out something good

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

This lottery has cursed the player base :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

Life is not fair. The event was advertised and everyone had a chance to attend. I spent 2.5 hours doing the event and got 2 exotics and 2 rares which netted me a total of 2 gold. I’m fine with that, i would have liked a precursor but that’s what RNG is. Its time = reward, i could make 2g in 2.5 hours w/o this event.

No one owes you anything, the sooner you deal with that the better you will do at life.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

It took about 2.5 hours to complete the event.

It needed those drops.

Amen to that. I still think we deserved more, lol. I nearly gave up. If there had been one more reinforcement wave I’d have been out of there.

I think it’s just hard for gamers to accept one time events. Gamers are used to the world being created for them and them alone. They expect to be able to get everything and be special. That’s how we were conditioned. We want the game to revolve around us. If we can’t participate we don’t like it.

It’s a living world and you can’t do everything in the world. I like it this way. I wasn’t able to do the phase 2 events but so what? I also couldn’t go to the Nobuo Uematsu concert either. Yeah, I paid for the tickets. Sucks, but that’s life. You can’t do everything. It makes it feel more real. To me at least :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I think the drop rate for precursors was way too high it looks like it was around 10-20% I wouldn’t mind if only a few people got them. A lot of my friends got them and sold them for 180-220g. That amount is massive to give away from something like this especially if you’re a casual player with intentions of making a legendary that shaves off months of work. I myself am not making a precursor and have amassed over 200g since the game was released just that I don’t like the direction anet is taking this game especially after this event

(edited by RoRo.8270)

in The Lost Shores

Rennuh.9356

Life is not fair. The event was advertised and everyone had a chance to attend. I spent 2.5 hours doing the event and got 2 exotics and 2 rares which netted me a total of 2 gold. I’m fine with that, i would have liked a precursor but that’s what RNG is. Its time = reward, i could make 2g in 2.5 hours w/o this event.

No one owes you anything, the sooner you deal with that the better you will do at life.

No not everybody had a chance to attend, as I said before imagine the people living in a different timezone where the event occured at 3 in the morning. I wouldn’t say they had a fair chance to enter the event. I know life is not fair, but this is a game where it is sooo easy to make things fair. As people said before, everyone paid for this game so everyone should get the same opportunities in this game, wherever they are from.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I do think the reward was too big. I liked the bag and the trinket, but the other drops were excessive. I like that you can get account bound desirable items for participating in events like this, I love collecting unique one time event stuff (I did the Mad King scavenger hunt on most of my toons, even dragging lvl 10s through a lvl 60 zone), but I don’t think we needed to tank the economy like this. I would rather more items like the back slot from Halloween or a soulbound exotic aqua breather. As much as it’s nice to have exotics, I would have preferred unique rewards specific to the content, or things I am going to use myself.

I like that precursors are more affordable, but I don’t like RNG. The possibility to get very lucky or be very unfortunate is too great. It’s also rubbing salt into the wounds of people who couldn’t make it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

I think the drop rate for precursors was way too high it looks like it was around 10-20% I wouldn’t mind if only a few people got them. A lot of my friends got them and sold them for 180-220g

I wish I was 80…probably would have gotten one…looks like I got more stuff for my level in the 60s..otherwise I would have rushed a toon to 80 for this. =)

in The Lost Shores

Hermes.7014

I think the drop rate for precursors was way too high it looks like it was around 10-20% I wouldn’t mind if only a few people got them. A lot of my friends got them and sold them for 180-220g

I bet it’s way less than that if you count how many people did the event and how many of them got a precursor.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Randomly giving some people absolutely massive rewards (precursors!) while others get standard rares and exotics is the absolute worst part of the event, even after the lag and disconnects. It’s completely unfair. A total lottery.

Why should some players get rewarded dozens or hundreds of times more than others?