Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Yea, I’m not impressed by this.
Not at all.

100 blade shards = 1 green

in Living World

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I wouldve trashed my blade shards a long time ago if i had known. They were just taking up space for some greens…..

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Wow…that’s just abysmal. I mean, kind of insulting really. A red post said not to trash them and even used exclamation points to emphasize the importance of keeping them. What a disappointment.

It’s like they’ve forgotten about rewards and instead focused on sinks; gold sinks, loot sinks, event item sinks. Just cleaning up the excess. Apparently, we don’t need loot from the Pavillion now. So we got that going for us…

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Where can we get blade shards now? I’m trying to make spinal blades!

in Living World

Posted by: torukmakto.3412

torukmakto.3412

Obby Shards, Lvl up Scrolls, Skill points or even achievement items you may have missed. all of which I would consider something very valuable. If its just greens with a small chance of rare and exotics. I might just delete the Blade Shard out of principle.

in Living World

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Blade Shards dropped plentiful. I had a whole storage panel full of them before I started deleting and I’m sure people who farmed the event even more (for loot, or experience, or enjoyment) could have had a whole bank full of them.

And you’re surprised it trades for something mediocre or worse after all the money-sinks we had lately? I’m not.

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

We’re not all farmers.

in Living World

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

OMG that Anet guy that told us to save it is best troll ever!!!

At least I get space in my bank again

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

We’re not all farmers.

I play some wvw, pve, and pvp, and never once intentionally farmed for blade shards and I have over 1.5k(on just 1 character….my other characters also have lots) of them. Exchange rate sounds about right, imo. The green stuff will be more than satisfactory compensation, imo, especially since it will also free up quite a bit of room in my bank vault.

Plus, I might just take all that green stuff(since I basically didn’t pay anything for any of it) and dump it into the mystic toilet and maybe get some slightly better stuff.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Three ways. There is a mystic forge recipe. Mined from Sprocket node in home instance (requires Gift of Sprockets). And killing Aetherblades (TA Aetherpath, Gendarran jumping puzzle, or in the center of Edge of the Mists). If you have enough t1 and t2 dust and money for Sprockets, I’d go with the forge. Best do the mining too daily to save money.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Three ways. There is a mystic forge recipe. Mined from Sprocket node in home instance (requires Gift of Sprockets). And killing Aetherblades (TA Aetherpath, Gendarran jumping puzzle, or in the center of Edge of the Mists). If you have enough t1 and t2 dust and money for Sprockets, I’d go with the forge. Best do the mining too daily to save money.

I bought the blueprints from the TP. What else do I need for the mystic forge? Is there a recipe on the /wiki?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, that’s a disappointment. :/ Ah well. I guess 20 greens is better than nothing.

in Living World

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

We’re not all farmers.

I play some wvw, pve, and pvp, and never once intentionally farmed for blade shards and I have over 1.5k(on just 1 character….my other characters also have lots) of them. Exchange rate sounds about right, imo. The green stuff will be more than satisfactory compensation, imo, especially since it will also free up quite a bit of room in my bank vault.

Plus, I might just take all that green stuff(since I basically didn’t pay anything for any of it) and dump it into the mystic toilet and maybe get some slightly better stuff.

Pretty much this, I got my Selfless and Thoughtless Potions and in the time I had left over I farmed some mobs, this ment I spend less than 1h a day in LA (most of it collecting Heirlooms and shoo’ing citizens.) I know plenty of people did it for almost 2 weeks straight, hour after hour in the hope for a lucky drop…

in Living World

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I have 15,000 Blade Shards and I’m still having a hard time convincing myself that it’s worthwhile to trade 100 per Equipment Bag. Once my stock is gone it’d be very time consuming to farm the ~1K needed for a Spinal Blade, whereas masterwork equipment is completely trivial to obtain… and the fact that you can get Equipment Bags for only 40 Festival Tokens makes it an even less attractive offer.

Tomes of Knowledge on the other hand… much more difficult to acquire than masterwork equipment. But even using the 1 : 2.5 ratio of Festival Tokens to Blade Shards for Equipment Bags, Tomes of Knowledge would be 750 Blade Shards each. And that still seems incredibly high given they only dropped at around a 2 : 1 ratio compared to Found Belongings, if memory serves, which were 100 + 20 silver per Tome of Knowledge. A more reasonable price would be 200-250 Blade Shards + 20 silver per Tome of Knowledge, in my opinon.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I bought the blueprints from the TP. What else do I need for the mystic forge? Is there a recipe on the /wiki?

The blueprint (and backpieces) say what you need until you get the first ascended item, then the Assault Knight Core items say what you need.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I have 15,000 Blade Shards and I’m still having a hard time convincing myself that it’s worthwhile to trade 100 per Equipment Bag. Once my stock is gone it’d be very time consuming to farm the ~1K needed for a Spinal Blade, whereas masterwork equipment is completely trivial to obtain… and the fact that you can get Equipment Bags for only 40 Festival Tokens makes it an even less attractive offer.

Tomes of Knowledge on the other hand… much more difficult to acquire than masterwork equipment. But even using the 1 : 2.5 ratio of Festival Tokens to Blade Shards for Equipment Bags, Tomes of Knowledge would be 750 Blade Shards each. And that still seems incredibly high given they only dropped at around a 2 : 1 ratio compared to Found Belongings, if memory serves, which were 100 + 20 silver per Tome of Knowledge. A more reasonable price would be 200-250 Blade Shards + 20 silver per Tome of Knowledge, in my opinon.

Go do PvP for awhile. I did one of the achievement lines and got at least 6-7 tomes of knowledge doing it……took awhile, but was an easy place to get tomes.

Also, I don’t plan on getting rid of all of my blade shards….will keep enough to get 1-3 back pieces for a couple of my alts.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in Living World

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Good job, lol.

I saved like 20 stacks for nothing. What a joke this game have become.

in Living World

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

I got a 1 gold item from 2,000 shards lol…. Facepalm

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

in Living World

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

it also drops exotics and rares…got 2500 bladeshards exchanged, got besides a huge load of greens (and lots of silk too ) 3 exotics and 6 rares..AND

A Exotic Mini Reef Rider

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

it also drops exotics and rares…got 2500 bladeshards exchanged, got besides a huge load of greens (and lots of silk too ) 3 exotics and 6 rares..AND

A Exotic Mini Reef Rider

This is kinda hard to believe. 2500 shards means only 25 exchanges. Every exchange is ONLY ONE equipment. so, its surely not a “huge load” of greens. And it does not gives minis, so you probably is misunderstanding what we are talking about here.

And if really, in 25 tries, you got 3 exos, and 6 rares at all : Go play lotto. You probably are the luckiest guy in all over the planet.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

lol so this is the “something very valuable” they were talking about

well, it’s valuable compared to the small hooves and broken lockpicks that were the only thing dropping in the Pavilion last night :P

i’ll hold on to mine, at least some day I can put 500 of them towards an ascended backpiece…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Who was the trollface who said to save them?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Living World

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

yea I had like 4k worth of shards and got all greens made me cry lol oh well just lets me know what they think of us

MGW Guild

in Living World

Posted by: SubAce.9863

SubAce.9863

yea I had like 4k worth of shards and got all greens made me cry lol oh well just lets me know what they think of us

Agreed. I can’t decide what’s more concerning. That they thought it was worth mentioning saving blade shards because of this, “reward”. Meaning they actually think this is a reward. Or, also disturbing, that they think we would find this, rewarding, is a continuing trend with this game that I’m honestly getting tired of.

I have liked this game since it came out but the rewards have trended down so much that it’s pushing folks away. TOL was an exception for that. But the population that benefited from TOL was a very small portion. When I say rewards I’m speaking in general terms across the game.

Save yourself GW2. You are your only hope.

80 Ranger DH Abyss

(edited by SubAce.9863)

in Living World

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

15k Blade Shards, got 3 rares and the rest were generic greens. You so trolly Anet!

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Living World

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Please don’t delete them!
You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!

Was the anet post telling us to keep them, apparently greens count as something of value now.

in Living World

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hey you all know that SOMEONE will get a precursor from one of these boxes. We have no idea who or when or why… but it’ll happen.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Obby Shards, Lvl up Scrolls, Skill points or even achievement items you may have missed. all of which I would consider something very valuable. If its just greens with a small chance of rare and exotics. I might just delete the Blade Shard out of principle.

This.

Could’ve as well trashed them… but well, they took up space in large bags bought for alts and in extended bag tabs, so probably working as intended.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Really? lol. I had an inventory full of blade shards I was holding on to.. just because. Deleted them about 2 weeks ago figuring there was no real use for them.

Seems like I was right.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Had 2500 Blade Shards saved up.

Got 25 Greens.

Yay? XD

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Had 2500 Blade Shards saved up.

Got 25 Greens.

Yay? XD

Totally worth the 10 bag slots you couldn’t use for a few months.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Considering that those backpieces are way cheaper to craft than grenth/dwayna and quiver of a thousand arrows while also giving you your choice of stats, i kept my blade shards to craft a few when i need a new build. Getting Blade Shards now is either time consuming or expensive (You need about 20g worth of sprockets to forge a stack of blade shards), so about 85g for an ascended backpiece.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

^this
being able to craft a dirt cheap exotic backpiece of any kind or a relatively cheap ascended backpiece is worth having bladeshards around.. especially considering there is no worthwhile source of farming them in game anymore.. unlike everyone else i have a few stacks of heirlooms that will never be usable and not enough bladeshards to craft anything..
i really don’t get what everyone was expecting from a bladeshard merchant, but yes.. the shards for ‘green item’ is a bladeshard sink

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

^this
being able to craft a dirt cheap exotic backpiece of any kind or a relatively cheap ascended backpiece is worth having bladeshards around.. especially considering there is no worthwhile source of farming them in game anymore.. unlike everyone else i have a few stacks of heirlooms that will never be usable and not enough bladeshards to craft anything..
i really don’t get what everyone was expecting from a bladeshard merchant, but yes.. the shards for ‘green item’ is a bladeshard sink

I was hoping for a blade shard to dragonite merchant. Or other ascended mats (I know some people would prefer empyreal).

But yeah I’m saving my blade shards for back pieces

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

A couple of events in Orr could give u the same ammount of things in 1 hour… I had 1,5 bank sections filled wityh those. I had hopes that they could be traded for mats or a mini or something…

Kima & Co

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I had 8000 shards (well 9k but Im keeping 1k)

I got 78 greens, 2 rares

./tableflip

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!