A five week break for 1 episode?

in Living World

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I think the title says it all, this is disappointing and poorly planned.

in Living World

Posted by: Venomge.7142

Venomge.7142

Let’s see what the season finale actually brings, we can judge it then.

Desolation [EU] – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Let’s see what the season finale actually brings, we can judge it then.

Stop being reasonable, this is the forums after all.

in Living World

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I’m sure at one thing about season finale. It will bring some huge grind that will keep us busy till Season 3

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So what should they have done? Kept all the Living Story staff working over Christmas while everyone else was spending time with their friends and families?

Or padded the Living Story out with unnecessary extra chapters so it would go on longer after the break?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Ceta.6057

Ceta.6057

So what should they have done? Kept all the Living Story staff working over Christmas while everyone else was spending time with their friends and families?

Or padded the Living Story out with unnecessary extra chapters so it would go on longer after the break?

Or maybe, planned ahead, like any normal business would do.

in Living World

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

To be fair most of that break was probably because of christmas…

in Living World

Dinks.2478

Hey look, somebody with logic!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And rushed out the release?
Or release it before the winter holiday and then have us potentially wait weeks for them to find fixes to potentially game-breaking issues?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: vectorfox.6894

vectorfox.6894

Only part i was disappointed with is how the vines took so long to reach the pact and we have to think that this probably only meant to be a few days or a week in living story time.

It is kind of immersion breaking when not even any dialogue changes to say ‘oh hey, those encroaching vines can’t be very good maybe we should try and stop them’.

Other than that i didn’t mind the break as much as i thought i would.

in Living World

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

They did wait with the ep8 release because srsly what logic do you find with launching the concluding episode when a majority of the player population is busy with irl holidays?
It is the exact same reason why games are not being launched in the middle of the summer when everyone is busy with other stuff.

in Living World

Dinks.2478

They did wait with the ep8 release because srsly what logic do you find with launching the concluding episode when a majority of the player population is busy with irl holidays?
It is the exact same reason why games are not being launched in the middle of the summer when everyone is busy with other stuff.

You people keep using this nonsense excuse when the reality is that it is a poor move resulted from poor planning. We just had 5 weeks of nothing and will probably have 2-3 months of nothing after this. Yet people will keep claiming an imaginary 2 week content release schedule regardless.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

You people keep using this nonsense excuse when the reality is that it is a poor move resulted from poor planning. We just had 5 weeks of nothing and will probably have 2-3 months of nothing after this. Yet people will keep claiming an imaginary 2 week content release schedule regardless.

I had loads of stuff to do during that time.
With Wintersday and quite a bit of new rewards and so on. Claiming there was nothing is false.

I also question if you would actually prefer to have to potentially wait weeks for potential game-breaking bugs being fixed due to people not being at work, if they released it before the christmas break?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Dinks.2478

With Wintersday and quite a bit of new rewards and so on. Claiming there was nothing is false.

I also question if you would actually prefer to have to potentially wait weeks for potential game-breaking bugs being fixed due to people not being at work, if they released it before the christmas break?

Even when they are at work we get stuck waiting weeks for game breaking bugs. Your point is invalid. And no, wintersday was a repeat of last year. There was nothing to do, please don’t make kitten up.

in Living World

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Even when they are at work we get stuck waiting weeks for game breaking bugs. Your point is invalid. And no, wintersday was a repeat of last year. There was nothing to do, please don’t make kitten up.

This is clearly a personal issue. I had stuff to do during that 5 weeks. Therefore, my experience invalidates yours. Unless you would like to retort with your experience invalidating mine?

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is clearly a personal issue. I had stuff to do during that 5 weeks. Therefore, my experience invalidates yours. Unless you would like to retort with your experience invalidating mine?

There was NOTHING NEW to do. full stop, end of discussion. That is just a fact, there is no invalidating or experience or anything else. It is an indisputable fact that there has been nothing new to do for 5 full weeks.

And so what if people were busy for the holiday? the releases are permanent, you could have come back from holiday and then still played it.

in Living World

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Strawman

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I think the title says it all, this is disappointing and poorly planned.

“Dissapointing” does not even begin to cover it. Still, the quality of the LS has improved, so I guess we have that going for us, which is nice. Maybe they save it by giving us an epic finale, though I sincerely doubt it.

(edited by SkyFallsInThunder.8257)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I have yet to see a single actual game-breaking bug being in game for weeks. Please give an example.

Aye, MOST of Wintersday was a repeat, but there WERE new stuff as well. I do not recall being able to do the Scavanger hunt last year for one.
Nor do I remember having a reward track in sPvP for Wintersday stuff.
Nor do I remember a rather large amount of rewards that I could get this year.

Claiming there was NOTHING new is blatant lying.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I am sorry that you are allowed to go on Winter break to spend with your family while Anet is not allowed to…

If the break after the coming episode is long, then complain.

DO NOT complain over a Christmas break.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I am sorry that you are allowed to go on Winter break to spend with your family while Anet is not allowed to…

I don’t mean to be rude to Anet staff or anyone for that matter but your post is invalid. We all have jobs as well, I myself had to work for the so called “Christmas break”, and everyone I know also had no break really.

They are not volunteering at Anet, it’s their job, so yeah they should work like everyone else.

Also once again, I am not kittening here or anything. I somewhat enjoy the prolonged Wintersday cause I had enough time to farm the Wintersday Reward Track (finished 8 times so far)

in Living World

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I do not recall being able to do the Scavanger hunt last year for one.

True, we’ve not gotten to speak to 3 of the NPCs before. But all that took less than 5 minutes each day up to the JPs, which are NOT new.

Nor do I remember having a reward track in sPvP for Wintersday stuff.

You’re really stretching. All the pvp you’ve done to progress that track is most certainly not new.

Nor do I remember a rather large amount of rewards that I could get this year.

Er, wat? What large amount of rewards? Seriously!

Claiming there was NOTHING new is blatant lying.

Yep, there was some new stuff. A few new NPCs, new sigils/runes (that are just so valuable! /sarcasm), a new tonic and a new bell.

But saying there was loads to do is also blatant lying.

in Living World

Novuake.2691

I don’t mean to be rude to Anet staff or anyone for that matter but your post is invalid. We all have jobs as well, I myself had to work for the so called “Christmas break”, and everyone I know also had no break really.

They are not volunteering at Anet, it’s their job, so yeah they should work like everyone else.

Also once again, I am not kittening here or anything. I somewhat enjoy the prolonged Wintersday cause I had enough time to farm the Wintersday Reward Track (finished 8 times so far)

The thing about releasing any kind of world changes content that you may have noticed consistently during season 2 patching.

Following the patch server load spikes which causes A LOT of issues.
Bugs, and lots of them.
Story/event stalling for the Living World.

I am VERY sure when Anet releases something that could potentially need a lot of fixes and work at the same time, they need ALL HANDS ON DECK. Not just a few.

So the way I see it, they would rather be able to fix stuff when the patch releases in a small window instead of working on a skeleton crew.

I worked as well. But I am not big on family.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

The fact still remains that there was something new.
If there was nothing new, there could not have been something new. Ergo, claiming there was nothing new is factually incorrect.

As for the rewards part I talked about the large amount of new rewards. New crafting tools, new salvage items, new head gear, new bell and so on.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Ditto, what is this “Christmas break” you speak of?
I for one had to work the entire month, including 24, 25, and the 31st.

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Ditto, what is this “Christmas break” you speak of?
I for one had to work the entire month, including 24, 25, and the 31st.

I also worked on the 31st, full time even
Had a break on 1st and 2nd, also 3rd and 4th cause they were weekends. So yeah, my Christmas break was 4 days
Some people apparently had a whole month as a break

in Living World

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I had plenty of time off for the holidays. Perhaps some of you should consider career changes. Maybe, you know, since you can “armchair quarterback” so well, perhaps you will consider applying at ArenaNet so you can help them design their game.

in Living World

Posted by: Tallybunny.4782

Tallybunny.4782

I get the whole breaking for Christmas thing, but we’re coming from a break and heading into a.. break?

in Living World

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I get the whole breaking for Christmas thing, but we’re coming from a break and heading into a.. break?

In what way are we heading into a break? The new patch comes out today.

in Living World

Novuake.2691

In what way are we heading into a break? The new patch comes out today.

ANd then it is the end of season 2.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Actually you’re comment is invalid since it presupposed that because your job sucks (and the jobs of all of your friends) than everyone else’s should suck as well. Actually more accurately your comment is invalid because you’re demonstrating very little understanding that your perception is simply one of many nor necessarily an accurate measurement of truth. That is, just because you think something doesn’t inherently mean that the thought corresponds to a objective truth or reality. Plenty of people x-mas breaks, so just because you don’t doesn’t mean other people don’t or shouldn’t.

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Actually you’re comment is invalid since it presupposed that because your job sucks (and the jobs of all of your friends) than everyone else’s should suck as well. Actually more accurately your comment is invalid because you’re demonstrating very little understanding that your perception is simply one of many nor necessarily an accurate measurement of truth. That is, just because you think something doesn’t inherently mean that the thought corresponds to a objective truth or reality. Plenty of people x-mas breaks, so just because you don’t doesn’t mean other people don’t or shouldn’t.

I never said my job sucks, I actually enjoy my job very much thank you.
And I don’t online game developers should take breaks that often. Things can go wrong on all sorts of places and no one will be there to do anything about it. It still doesn’t bother me, I have other things to do as well besides being online in GW2. What does bother me is your attitude. Coming here acting all high and mighty, talking about truth and reality while I’m sure you have no idea what you are talking about.