About the Fort Marriner Waypoint.

in Living World

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I understand that the whole point of breaking the waypoint is to illustrate to people that the “kitten” is hitting the fan.

The problem with this is that it’s the only waypoint I’ve observed that has had this effect. This is an annoyance to most players who like to do business in this area, obviously, so they notice it.

The problem is not that the waypoint itself is broken. This makes sense from a lore standpoint.

The problem is that the broken waypoint is only applied to one waypoint. This is incredibly inconsistent from a lore standpoint. Waypoints around the world should start to exhibit this behavior — major racial cities excluded (given that they are all heavily paved or synthetic except the pale tree, which is magical in nature).

TL; DR: If you’re going to do something like this for lore, go all in. Otherwise it’s just seen as an annoyance from the devs.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

It’s not the only affected waypoint:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/Mirkrise-Waypoint-is-destroyed/first

They chose this WP, so people who don’t go out looking for the effects of the vines on the WPs also see it, i guess.

EDIT: also I think some other redundant WPs will follow, since there are many WPs out there where a few meters from them is another one…

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Mirkwise waypoint in Brisbane is broken, and there are a number of waypoints that vines have grabbed hold of, the Earthshake waypoint in Frostgorge for example.

in Living World

Rayti.6531

Mirkwise waypoint in Brisbane is broken, and there are a number of waypoints that vines have grabbed hold of, the Earthshake waypoint in Frostgorge for example.

I wonder if all the grabbed WPs will be destroyed or Taimi will be fast enough to optimize her invention to make the WPs uninteresting for Mordremoth before it's too late.

in Living World

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I wonder if all the grabbed WPs will be destroyed

That would spell the end of Dry Top for me, since there is only one ungrabbed WP in that map, IIRC (the one by the vine bridge).

in Living World

Posted by: WGuardian.1028

WGuardian.1028

I wonder if all the grabbed WPs will be destroyed

That would spell the end of Dry Top for me, since there is only one ungrabbed WP in that map, IIRC (the one by the vine bridge).

That WP is grabbed as well (checked yesterday).

in Living World

Rayti.6531

True, didn’t notice that the last one there has also been grabbed. So it’s very unlikely they will destroy all of them… But maybe some of the more “redundant” ones…?

I’m already curious what will happen, seeing the new trailer and all. Taimi doesn't look so successful in her attempt there after all.

in Living World

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

The waypoint at Earthworks Bluff in Kessex Hills is the next one that has been shattered. I don’t think that one is used frequently.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Living World

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It was such a great idea to move all crafting stations/bank/TP/trainer/WvW ports/etc into one convenient location.

And then kittening disable the waypoint.

This is why people hate living story…

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

It was such a great idea to move all crafting stations/bank/TP/trainer/WvW ports/etc into one convenient location.

Assuming they don’t fix it…
And if they don’t…

Oh no… the 25 seconds it takes to run from Bloodcoast Ward Way Point… So harsh. So terrible. Boo hoo…
/facepalm

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I don’t think you understand why people hate the living story…

a) Postern WP, east LA has everything you just listed.
b) WvW ports? You honestly find the portals more convenient than hitting ‘B’ anywhere in the world and instantly teleporting? Is it even worth mentioning WvW portals at all? That’s like saying it’s messed up there’s no easy access to a HoTM portal…
c) People dislike the Living Story because they feel it is underwhelming content in place of an expansion. Previously they hated it even more because of the temporary content aspect, but Anet addressed that.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….