About the announcement. Why so vague?

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

It was just an announcement and that’s all. There’s nothing announced to get excited about. Who thought this was a good idea? The title says, “Get Ready”. What for? This is the worst announcement in GW2’s history, possibly in MMO history.

edit: ok, the hint is the portal, but it still doesn’t make up for the terrible PR strategy to get people excited and interested.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

in Living World

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Also known as a teaser.

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

We have the rest of this week, then -all- of June before the release. If they give out a lot of info now, the excitement for it will have plenty of time to dissipate.

At least this way, we know what the schedule is, and they have plenty of time to lead into it properly.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

The announcement is meant to be vague. I like the picture they posted for a teaser. It looks like we will most likely visit the maguuma jungle.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Most of the times when I see a teaser it shows extremely little.
That is basically the point of a teaser.

If this was the release information 1 week before release I might have agreed, but this is something they posted to give us information (that people have demanded for months) about when it will be release, not what will be released.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Let’s look carefully around in the gameworld in the coming weeks. Given Anet’s history of “dropping hints” in game, we may see some indicators of what’s to come.

Then we can come here, tinfoil hats at the ready, and speculate!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its still over a month off. I imagine they won’t post anything more in-depth until maybe 2 weeks prior. That is, if they post anything at all, with it being potentially story-heavy and how stingy they were with info at the end of S1, this sort of vague info might be the new normal.

The only reason they posted anything at all is probably just because people are getting a little anxious with zero info at all. At least now everyone knows S2 is coming and has a definitive date for it.

in Living World

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

You clearly don’t have much experience with teasers?

Frankly, I’m glad they’ve communicated something and we know what date to look forward to. Why do we need to know anything more?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

It was just an announcement and that’s all. There’s nothing announced to get excited about. Who thought this was a good idea? The title says, “Get Ready”. What for? This is the worst announcement in GW2’s history, possibly in MMO history.

edit: ok, the hint is the portal, but it still doesn’t make up for the terrible PR strategy to get people excited and interested.

Its just a note to show us when it continues. At a later time youll get trailers and stuff. Stop being so impatient

in Living World

Posted by: davadude.6017

davadude.6017

They still have more than a month to work on content, stuff can change, and having a community speculate and jump to conclusions before anything is official is a bad idea for new content.

davadude – Ego Sum Promptus

in Living World

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Looks like a portal to the maguuma jungle. My guess is to do with that Mordremoth/jungle dragon.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

They still have more than a month to work on content, stuff can change, and having a community speculate and jump to conclusions before anything is official is a bad idea for new content.

You better tell this to every single type of media ever then.

TV shows release teasers for the upcoming season months in advance, movies release trailers months ahead of time, books do it with a beginning chapter of the next book in the back, and gaming does it everywhere. How often do we see teaser images for an upcoming game? Or better yet, in MMOs, how often do we see cgi teaser videos that advertise an upcoming expansion, or short videos or imagines using game models to promote a future patch?

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

And yet funnily enough it is not uncommon for things to change between the release of those trailers and the actual release.

Lord of the Rings is a great example.

The trailer for Fellowship of the Ring contains parts that does not appear in FotR but rather in TTT and RotK, same with TTT trailer and the fact that there are scenes that doesn’t appear at all in the whole trilogy.

And that is the issue. When releasing something too far ahead it is fully possible that it will not be in the actual release.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

actually im most happy about a date then info and it does tease new zones which also make me happy

in Living World

Posted by: Shew.6827

Shew.6827

I really like the new method of marketing for the Super Smash Bros. series as of Brawl. If I remember correctly, for SSBB, they released a small teaser once in a while leading up to release, such as revealing a new character or new item. And with the new SSB, they’re doing the same, but more frequently. I wouldn’t mind if ArenaNet did this with S2. A picture or some other form of teaser every now and then leading up to release. Good way to generate hype and get people speculating.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

No way we’re not getting a new zone. Just some sort of instance launching from a portal. Lmfao. What a lame teaser.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

No way we’re not getting a new zone. Just some sort of instance launching from a portal. Lmfao. What a lame teaser.

Why not?
We know for a fact that Mordy woke up far outside the currently available maps.
We also know for a fact that there are portals in-game that would lead to areas closer to where Mordy is/was.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

in Living World

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Why not?
We know for a fact that Mordy woke up for outside the currently available maps.
We also know for a fact that there are portals in-game that would lead to areas closer to where Mordy is/was.

Plus, Marjory’s sister is stationed in Brisban Wildlands an area with one of those non functioning portals (in this case to Maguuma).

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The only problem I have with the front page splash now is that it says “Learn More” and when you click you… don’t learn any more.

Well, I’m assuming they’ll add to that teaser page. I’m eagerly awaiting the next updates and expect two or three new Maguuma zones over the course of the next LS.

in Living World

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

Why not?
We know for a fact that Mordy woke up far outside the currently available maps.

Yep, and [off-topic sort of] Maybe after we defeat Mordy that door in the Fields of Ruin to the crystal desert will open up and we can explore there! I miss the crystal desert and Elona, but Cantha mostly lol.

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

I guess this announcement is matching the target group.

when i opened the LS2 announcement with a button called “learn more”
and figured out it says “LS2 will come enjoy the festivities until then”.
I would call this insulting of intelligence but i guess it’s enough for our fan boy kids

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

GABBO GABBO GABBO!!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

It was intentional. Just a date with a picture. It’s enough to start lots threads of theorys and speculation, and yes unfounded complaints about season 2. I like it. I am one of many that enjoy speculation on what may come. I feel it builds anticipation much better than a detailed decription of whats to come. It’s like Christmas as a child (for those of you who celebrate such things). You KNOW you are getting a present, but you wait and dream and speculate on what it might be. You see the wrapped box, but have NO IDEA whats inside. The more you think about it, the more excited you get about the possibilities. It’s brilliant really.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

Teaser’s usually get me hyped.

But this is anet so…

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

There’s still the best part of a month until its released. All the other LS releases had more details 1 or 2 weeks before – I don’t expect this to be any different