Am I the only person who liked Seeds?

in Living World

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

Personally, I find it weird how SoT gets all the hate;

If you ask me, I loved every minute of it; the dialogues and the animation was superb, the new stealth mechanics were interesting, and the plot itself was quite nice (Faolain was <3, getting to know the origins of salad people was refreshing and as an asura player I liked to see the dark side of the race I play).

My only problems with SoT were that it was quite short (ALTHOUGH this is alleviated by the quality of the release, which was great) and that I couldn’t really, well, play as myself. HOWEVER this patch seems to be filler/transition content for something larger, so perhaps that is okay.

I would LOVE to see the new stealth mechanics and ESPECIALLY the new dialogue system to be used in later patches, though. It’s somewhat depressing not to hear the Snaff Prize Savant’s voice for so long :P

in Living World

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I had no real issue with it, and I actually rather enjoyed it until I came on here and saw all of the people complaining about it. Most of the objections I’ve seen appear to be usual QQ / anti-LS bandwagon, though.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Living World

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

me I’m just tired of Sylvari being freaking center stage of every aspect of story in GW2.

Trahearne, Canach, Scarlet, Aerin, now Caithe and Faolin which were already fairly central characters

Charr, Norn, and Asura almost never get a chance to shine in story. They’re only ever supporting characters.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

I liked it for what it was. It just felt incomplete, from a narrative perspective.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Sime.3681

Sime.3681

me I’m just tired of Sylvari being freaking center stage of every aspect of story in GW2.

Trahearne, Canach, Scarlet, Aerin, now Caithe and Faolin which were already fairly central characters

Charr, Norn, and Asura almost never get a chance to shine in story. They’re only ever supporting characters.

Sorry, but you clearly do not pay attention to story, then you would know why the sylvari are in center of this story.

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

the LS always felt to me like…dunno how to name it without sounding like a real kitten…well here goes nothing… the LS feels like sylvari circlejerking all the way and leaves out the other races far too much or just makes em villians (like the asura atm). Sure.. it was stated that asura DID do experiments on sylvari.. but they do\did that on anything else they can get their grabby little hands on and if its too “dirty” the inquest does it anyways so whats the fuzz? Anyways.. the last LS patch was by far the weakest. Faolin is a kitten (i never would have guessed that the NIGHTMARE COURT boss woman might be evil), caithe killed centaurs that technically didnt attack her and just acted in self defence against faolin means she is sorta a kitten too, asura are kittens cause they do experiments and thats about everything… this and weirdo seeds from the pale tree that for some reason will explain why kitten caithe took the darn egg without explaination even though these seeds show past memories…so yea..really dunno what to do with this. Might just be me overthinking…or whatever..

in Living World

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I didn’t like it much because I’ve always found Caithe irritatingly submissive, and she’s about 100x worse in this one. It’s like she gets off on being told what to do (which maybe makes sense, sylvari cant have sex as much, so fetishes must be huge)

in Living World

Posted by: Elias.4028

Elias.4028

This was one of my favorite living story release content. Keep it up Anet!

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It was better than I expected, but too abrupt in ending. It just sort of ended and left me thinking it was only half finished. It also didn’t progress the story at all and I’m starting to worry we are drawing this out for the sake of it now.

There was equally a lot of great stuff though – the skritt area/boat, the tunnels, the JP, the dialogue was at least decent enough and had a good atmosphere.

If the ending was better and we had answers rather more questions, it would have felt a whole lot better for me.

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

Sorry, but you clearly do not pay attention to story, then you would know why the sylvari are in center of this story.

I know about it, I just don’t care at this point, I’m sick of this mary sue self insert wish fulfillment race.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It was annoyingly short, didn’t answer any of the questions we entered with, and the replay value with alts is low due to being Caithe every time you play. (Yes, I know you can team and let someone else be Caithe, but it shouldn’t take a workaround to remain fun.) There’s no moment where the player gets any real choice in any of this story, it’s entirely “on rails” for them.

It also had some serious lore brakes, such as the wrong sylvari being the first to die.

The story it has to tell is interesting, but it was all basically an info-dump leading up to what we really wanted to know, and denying us the use of our own character for all of it. It was too much all at once, especially when it fails to deliver the payoff. Add in the writing problems, and it’s no wonder some people hated it.

Personally, I think it was interesting. I like what they’re trying to do. They just need to do it better, and keep this kind of storytelling gimmick as an ace up their sleeve, not their entire hand.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Tbh it was my favourite LS patch to date. I didn’t find it any shorter than any of the other releases… it definitely was longer than last patch.

The content was different to what we’ve had before, and it looks like the story is actually developing lore rather than just meaningless fights and zerg content.

For those complaining about the Sylvari taking centre stage they’re the race we know the least about and the LS is about the Jungle dragon which has explicit ties with the Sylvari. To me it’s a no brainer. Also Sylvari have always been my least favourite race, but atm I’m coming to appreciate them more and more for what they are and that wouldn’t be the case without the LS

in Living World

Posted by: GenericOctopus.7413

GenericOctopus.7413

For those complaining about the Sylvari taking centre stage they’re the race we know the least about and the LS is about the Jungle dragon which has explicit ties with the Sylvari.

Yeah we get why they’re at the center of it…but they were also at the center of S1 of the Living Story with Scarlet and in the personal story with Treesus. Yet another story revolving around Sylvari is a little tiresome.

in Living World

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

I liked it, the hardmodes were pretty hard for me but doable after practice.
But…
As an ex-sylvari with a completed personal story line, my hatred for trahearne grew even further which I thought was not possible (that arrogant, AFK’ing leacher weed telling the new sylvari are ‘secondborn’ just ugh).

It also made me wonder why caithe loves Faolain. I mean, faolain is simply a horrible person (‘these animals / caithe I attacked this centaur first but THEY turned on me, save me!!’) and if saying dearheart to caithe is all it takes to get her love then really….

Others already said it, the replay value was poor (I only did it for the achievements and the pantaloon skins, won’t revisit it ever). The ending was poor as well, personally I hate cliffhangers and the only thing I hate more than a cliffhanger is a cliffhanger after a cliffhanger. I mean, oh gosh now wynne is running away AGAIN while we are with 8 plants surrouding her, c’mon caithe, let us RP-walk to where she ran off to and confront her.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

For those complaining about the Sylvari taking centre stage they’re the race we know the least about and the LS is about the Jungle dragon which has explicit ties with the Sylvari.

Yeah we get why they’re at the center of it…but they were also at the center of S1 of the Living Story with Scarlet and in the personal story with Treesus. Yet another story revolving around Sylvari is a little tiresome.

Trehearne doesn’t really have any bigger a part than your race story or your order story, and the only order with Sylvari is Priory so I think PS is pretty well balanced in terms of races. LS S1 had a Sylvari main villain for all the same reasons we’re seeing a Sylvari centred S2.

Will people complain that the story is too focussed on the Norn when we fight Jormag? Or the Charr when we fight Kralk?

IMO it would be stupid not to have the Sylvari as a major player in the Mordy storyline, it’s a no-brainer. Plus it’s been pretty cool for me from a lore perspective as I know plenty about the other 4 races already from GW1, and very little about the Sylvari

in Living World

Posted by: Jinn Kazuma.2163

Jinn Kazuma.2163

The way I see it, saying you are annoyed that S2 focuses on Sylvari, is akin to saying you are annoyed that American History focuses on America.

Overall, this was a good episode, if a bit short and ending with yet another cliff hanger. My gripe is overuse of cliff hangers diminishes the impact. And this makes, what, the 4th consecutive cliff hanger? Overall though, Season 2 has been fantastic.

in Living World

Posted by: GenericOctopus.7413

GenericOctopus.7413

IMO it would be stupid not to have the Sylvari as a major player in the Mordy storyline, it’s a no-brainer. Plus it’s been pretty cool for me from a lore perspective as I know plenty about the other 4 races already from GW1, and very little about the Sylvari

I don’t think anyone’s saying it’s dumb to have the Sylvari involved with Mord. It’s just after 2 years of most of the plot either focusing on them or featuring them as the main character, I’d like a break.

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

Trehearne doesn’t really have any bigger a part than your race story or your order story, and the only order with Sylvari is Priory so I think PS is pretty well balanced in terms of races. LS S1 had a Sylvari main villain for all the same reasons we’re seeing a Sylvari centred S2.

Will people complain that the story is too focussed on the Norn when we fight Jormag? Or the Charr when we fight Kralk?

They have a whopping 25 years of history for the entire species. That’s not a lot. We know less about Asura and Norn frankly because they have much longer histories and we only know the surface of it, LITERALLY the surface of it in the case of Asura.

We know almost NOTHING about them before they came to the surface.

All we know about Asura is stereotypes as well.

An entire species of people don’t survive with all of them being genius scientists, someone’s gotta bake the bread, someone’s gotta do routine maintenance on infrastructure, someone’s gotta sew clothes.

We know the entire history of the sylvari, the only real mystery being the origins of the Pale Tree, that’s it. We know everything there is to know about them as a species already. The only “revelations” are about individuals, not their species or society.

Frankly, Mordremoth and the entire Sylvari focused story after personal story should have waited until AFTER another dragon. We should have gone for Kralkatorrik or Jormag first.

Kralkatorrik would be interesting, as it wouldn’t entirely be Charr focused, it would be Charr AND Human focused, we’d need to be able to access the crystal desert south of Ebonhawke, and we’d probably need to solidify a Charr-Human truce to be able to get large amounts of supplies down there.

Not to mention it brings you into close proximity with the desolation and Palawa Joko and Elona, you know, a new continent, and part of Guild Wars Beyond that we were supposed to get (explaining the resurgence of Palawa Joko) but got cancelled as the GW1 live team got called in to help finish GW2 instead.

We’ve had Sylvari up to our eyeballs in the story since launch, a change would be welcome.

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I feel the episode was short, offered a nice look at Caithe’s past but didn’t advance the plot at all. I liked the chats with the first/second born Sylvari and Faolain’s points. (it would be weird KNOWING your mother has been brainwashed and she expected you to to follow with it).
BUT it was far, far, far too short – at the very end Marjory says “I’m sorry to have to do this to you but …” END EPISODE. Now if that wasn’t ANet speaking directly to us I don’t know what is – which sadly implies they knew it was too short and possibly even planned it to be longer and had to cut/not finish it. Which is a little worrying for the future.
The addition of the skritt areas are cool and expansive BUT lack stuff to do there – if they added events into the jumping puzzle I feel it would increase traffic and help give variety to the MOUNTAIN of crests required.

Not their best update – fingers crossed for next one.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I liked it (LOVED it from a lore perspective), although I was disappointed at the “two steps forward, one step back” with unskippable cutscenes and the lack of “Retry Motes” for No Refuge and Meeting the Asura. Jeffrey explained why some cutscenes can’t be skipped, but I really, REALLY want to see Retry Motes for all LS achievements, especially those where the tiniest mistake can force you to redo the whole instance again.

in Living World

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I liked it as well, have enjoyed most of S2 of the Living Story. I like the gameplay of the Silverwastes and doing The Breach , followed by some “Pac Man” in the labyrinth. Crests are not really that hard to come by if you do a tour of the zone and kill and assist.

in Living World

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

People have made good points as to why this episode is terrible:

-A cliffhanger ending
-Does not resolve the PREVIOUS CLIFFHANGER ENDING
-extremely short
-terrible dialogues (as with all the episodes)
-Completely forgettable characters

Those are the reasons i can think of but i am sure there are more. What i don’t understand is why people even play this game for its story, its as i said, a forgettable story. If you want to play a game that has good story with characters that you actually care about, there are single player rpg that does it 20 times better.

(edited by Lifestealer.4910)

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Seeds of Truth Sins:

- Not showing us all the firstborn. They had a chance to reveal the remaining three, and give us only one.

- Ceara. Plain and simple. Just why?

- They show some Secondborn like Cadeyrn, Fiana, and Canach, but not Laranthir or Amarantha, nor do they introduce any other ones that could show up later. And they do nothing really interesting with these Secondborn to justify their presence, besides Cadeyrn hating Ventari’s Tablet, obviously hinting to things we know (or should) by now.

- We learn nothing about Malomedies’s encounter with the asura other than “he was lucky to survive”. Show, don’t tell.

- When our character explains what they see to Marjory, they don’t explain it well or fully.

- Stealth sections in an RPG setting. To their credit, this one is better done than…well, any of the other ones to my experience, but getting that achievement for not getting detected is an utter pain.

- The Caithe/Faolain relationship is just not believable to me. They once again just tell you that these two love each other. At least with Kasmeer and Marjory, they tried to show them starting their relationship in Season 1.

Also, Faolain supposedly joined the Nightmare Court some time later, yet we find here that she’s already interested in Cadeyrn and his proto-Nightmare Court now.

- Caithe assisting Faolain and the proto-Nightmare Court in slaughtering an entire centaur village. No, neither naivete nor her supposed love for Faolain justify her just helping her kill them off instead of trying to break up the fight.

- Faolain ditches Caithe to go after Wynne, leaving her to fight a centaur boss that just set two proto-Nightmare courtiers on fire with a wind wall!

- Yet another cliffhanger ending, without resolving anything from the previous cliffhanger and digging up more questions.

- Wynne’s a firstborn who we don’t see at all outside of this chapter, and she conveniently had Caithe’s current hairstyle. Gee, I wonder if she’s gonna die?

- Oh and finally, the achievements just to get Wynne’s Locket (Sinister Ascended amulet) are among the most annoying ones yet.

So….a story that doesn’t live up to any potential it had, making Caithe look like an idiot, showing that Faolain was apparently always pretty evil even before joining up with the Nightmare Court later, and yet another cliffhanger with no answers. And the replayability is just for the achievement rewards, which are a whole level of tedium and frustration to themselves.

This and Tangled Paths are such a huge dip from the story that was building up from Echoes of the Past. The previous stuff wasn’t too amazing, but at least it wasn’t too bad (barring the Dragon’s Reach Part 1 open world issues). Now, I’m left wondering if the last episode will actually give something for me to care about.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Didn’t really like it (story), but the expansion to SW is real nice.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

The story isn’t the issue. The issue is the repetitive, and grinding, nature of this release if you dare to attempt any achievements that came out with this patch.

The other issue is the plot requires us, the players, and the protagonist, Caithe, to not only be naive, but incredibly blind and stupid, if not downright evil, in order for things to happen within the story.

Both issues are problems.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

It was alright. As someone has said, the ending is too abrupt. And the episode is too short.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I didn’t have any issues with SoT, personally. Maybe felt like it was a little short, but the cliffhanger makes me look forward to finding out what’s behind the door.

Of course, a good chunk of people are griping about playing as Caithe too, either because of her skills or because they want to play their own characters. I didn’t have an issue with either of those things. Though, it took me a bit to get used to her skills and remember what is where.

shrug

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Mechanics-wise (stealth mission (even though I hate those), and the centaur fight), I kinda liked it, at least while I wasn’t Caithe (as her I didn’t quite like it). Storywise/lore, yeah kinda hated this patch. Even from my limited lore knowledge there were/are a few glaring holes in the sylvari history.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i rely like it even to play Caith and how powerful she rely is the 3th hit of her normal attack always make a enemy’s to stone so OP
will be a epic boss fight to fight against her

maby when we find her

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I liked the mechanics. I didn’t mind the length, as I went through it slowly. Disliked how it assumed I can’t see Faolain for the racist kitten she is.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I hope when we eventually go after Jormag that you provide equal kvetching for all the Norn in the story…

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

@Nilkemia… Let’s look at this one point at a time.
(Note: Quotes truncated due to posting limits.)

- Not showing us all the firstborn…

We lose what exactly from that? It leaves them room to work with that in the future if they want.

- Ceara. Plain and simple…

Sorry, not everyone hates her as unreasonably as the forum-goers here. Having her cameo does nothing to break any existing, solid lore. And by solid lore I’m not talking about player speculation stuff put up in the wiki that people like to quote as absolute fact.
Also, it shows us how long she’s been around. And gives a tad more credence to what she accomplished during Season 1. 20 years is a long time to work on things.

- They show some Secondborn…
And they do nothing really interesting with these Secondborn….

Getting themselves captured by the Asura thanks to their naivety counts as nothing? The entire incident helps show exactly why the Firstborn Sylvari end up trying to help their newly awakened young siblings the way they do. And /also/ gives us a glimpse at what helped shape Canach’s view of the world.

- We learn nothing about Malomedies’s encounter with the asura… Show, don’t tell.

How exactly would you have wanted them to show that? Another flashback in a flashback? Even if Malomedies was there, it would just be them telling us what happened.

- When our character explains what they see to Marjory, they don’t explain it well or fully.

Would you want to sit through all that dialogue just to read something you already saw? From an MMO story-telling perspective, that’s very redundant and unnecessary.

- Stealth sections in an RPG setting…

Don’t really have anything to say on this one.

- The Caithe/Faolain relationship is just not believable to me….

Love makes people do foolish things. If someone is physically attacking the person I love, guess whose side I’m falling on?
Yes, it was clearly Faolain’s fault that the entire confrontation happened. Doesn’t change the fact that Caithe still ran to her lovers aid when the fighting broke out, which is fairly believable in my opinion.

- Caithe assisting Faolain and the proto-Nightmare Court in slaughtering an entire centaur village…

See my above point. I doubt either the Centaurs or Faolain and her ‘friends’ were at all interested in any attempt to break up the fight once it had started.

- Faolain ditches Caithe to go after Wynne…

Game mechanics. Could have been that Anet didn’t want to make the fight too easy by having Faolain doing all the work. In truth, I can’t really say one way or the other on this one.

- Yet another cliffhanger ending…

~shrugs~ Some people like that sort of story-telling, some don’t. It happens all the time in TV shows and anime.
Can it be done better? I dunno. I don’t write stories for an MMO, which is notoriously hard to work with.

- Wynne’s a firstborn who we don’t see at all outside of this chapter, and she conveniently had Caithe’s current hairstyle. Gee, I wonder if she’s gonna die?

And? Truth was I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out.

- Oh and finally, the achievements just to get Wynne’s Locket (Sinister Ascended amulet) are among the most annoying ones yet.

Another one I have no comment on.

So….a story that doesn’t live up to any potential it had…
This and Tangled Paths are such a huge dip from the story that was building up from Echoes of the Past…
Now, I’m left wondering if the last episode will actually give something for me to care about.

While I think the story could be done better, I say that with the full knowledge that /nothing/ is perfect and can always be done better.
Caithe is guilty of is making bad choices because she followed her heart and stood by the person she loved.
Faolain is dark, but ‘evil’ is questionable. She really didn’t fall that far until after she witnessed what the Asura did to the Sylvari. Such things tend to shape how people see the world, after all.
As for replayability and how it stacks up to previous episodes. That’s all personal opinion. I would have thought that more solid lore would have been well liked.
Lastly, whether you find something to care about in the last episodes or not is up to you.
‘The story doesn’t live up to any potential’… /in your opinion/. I’m rather tired of seeing these kind of posts that assume they speak for everyone and their brother, instead of just themselves.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Sorry, not everyone hates her as unreasonably as the forum-goers here. Having her cameo does nothing to break any existing, solid lore. And by solid lore I’m not talking about player speculation stuff put up in the wiki that people like to quote as absolute fact.

How about breaking the lore the devs have posted, such as this?

Mind you, it’s really not her appearing there so much as everything else said or shown during that which contradicts her awakening story. Her being there just sort of highlights it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

I hope when we eventually go after Jormag that you provide equal kvetching for all the Norn in the story…

No, because it won’t be norn focused for over 2 freaking years.

Personal Story: Sylvari
LS season 1: Sylvari
LS season 2: Sylvari

and since I can guarantee you we won’t kill Mordremoth next episode that concludes seaon 2.. Season 3 will also be Sylvari until you’re sick of them and want nothing more than to completely incinerate the pale tree and purge the species from existence.

in Living World

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

For those complaining about the Sylvari taking centre stage they’re the race we know the least about and the LS is about the Jungle dragon which has explicit ties with the Sylvari. To me it’s a no brainer. Also Sylvari have always been my least favourite race, but atm I’m coming to appreciate them more and more for what they are and that wouldn’t be the case without the LS

I totally agree. Some of my guild has said the exact same thing. Not a fan of the race but beginning to understand them more. Also, I find the Norn taking center stage a lot in my stories. Then again most of my characters are Norn;-)

I found the new set of skills on Caith to be refreshing and fun. Just too cool in wrecking an entire room of large rats…err Asurans in OP mode! Very happy with LS2 so far.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

its cool… I cant wait for the next one
thief skills are cool

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I liked it. It felt like a throw-back to the Bonus Mission Packs in gw1. Like everything else so far, it’s easy when you learn the mechanics.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

No, because it won’t be norn focused for over 2 freaking years.

Personal Story: Sylvari
LS season 1: Sylvari
LS season 2: Sylvari

and since I can guarantee you we won’t kill Mordremoth next episode that concludes seaon 2.. Season 3 will also be Sylvari until you’re sick of them and want nothing more than to completely incinerate the pale tree and purge the species from existence.

Gotta agree. Getting really tired of everything revolving around the sylvari. I want to see more Asura/Charr/Norn (in that order) focused stories.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I liked it.
The dynamic between the firstborn and secondborn was awesome. And overall this killed the perfect image sylvari conveyed previously.
Made them more believable and they felt more natural as a race.
That said it was too short for my taste.
I reckon it wouldn’t hurt to swift the stage away from the sylvari for a while though at some point.
Keep Mordremoth for later.

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

in Living World

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

I enjoyed it for the most part. Took me a few tries to get use to being Caithe in the story instances, and I am pretty sure it was a stroke of luck on a few parts that I didnt die on that Vorp intance.

The jumping puzzle was enjoyable – pretty easy paced for a JP. It does get a bit stale running around in Silverwastes right now, repeating the same events…but hey, I have a ton of keys and shovels, and the gold-getting has been great

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m so sick of the personal story and living story focusing on humans.

Personal Story: Humans
LS Season 1: Humans
LS Season 2: Humans

In all seriousness, if Traherne was a Norn then people would complain that the personal story was focusing on the Norn too much. If Scarlet was a Norn, they’d complain that season 1 was focusing on the Norn too much.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

In all seriousness, if Traherne was a Norn then people would complain that the personal story was focusing on the Norn too much. If Scarlet was a Norn, they’d complain that season 1 was focusing on the Norn too much.

Uh, you’re out of your gourd. The central characters for all story in GW2 since launch have been Sylvari. Humans and other races have only been supporting cast. Central figure of PS was Trahearne, central figure of LS Season 1 was Scarlet, central figure of LS Season 2 now is Caithe.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Uh, you’re out of your gourd. The central characters for all story in GW2 since launch have been Sylvari. Humans and other races have only been supporting cast. Central figure of PS was Trahearne, central figure of LS Season 1 was Scarlet, central figure of LS Season 2 now is Caithe.

Traherne was not introduced into the personal story until claw island unless you were Sylvari. Scarlet was the antagonist in season one but not revealed until the Crown Pavillion. Caithe did not come into season two until episode 6. This was where she had a more prominent role rather than simply being present.

My argument earlier was that just because one of the prominent characters happens to be of a certain race, doesn’t mean that the entire story revolves around that race.

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I enjoyed the skritt out of the entire episode.

in Living World

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

This episode suffers from a severe case of Star Wars Prequels Syndrome™, where events in the story don’t follow logically from what is happening, but rather just jump to whatever is required for continuity with the established canon.

Caithe and Faolain don’t make sense as a couple because Faolain’s sole character trait is ‘horrible person’. Faolain’s grievance with the Pale Tree makes no sense because we’ve never seen any signs of the Pale Tree having ever put any pressure on anyone ‘to be perfect’. It more sounds like ‘I want to be a moustache-twirling villain but she won’t let me!!! Wahhhhhhhh!!!’

The achievements were low quality as well. Several times you can be disqualified for cheap reasons while a long way into a mission that has several unskippable cutscenes and Unforgiving Infiltration is just Invisible Infiltration with checkpoints, which is seriously lazy.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

This is pretty accurate when you think about it. So much so that jokes about Trahearne abounded with him taking credit for everything. Heck, Zhaitan took a backseat at the end of the personal story. And then Scarlet took center stage with her nut-job antics. And now, it’s the Pale Tree and Caithe. But, to be fair, Season 2 does focus around the Jungle Dragon so that’s to be expected.

Again, pretty accurate and something I’d not really thought about before. Hope the Sylvari aren’t the Jungle Dragon’s minions in disguise.

Regardless, expect the norn to get the focus when the Ice Dragon takes the stage. Maybe the little guys will get more attention when Bubbles arrives too . . . unless quaggans become a race . . . then all cards off the table.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

The hate is deserved, the only great thing about it was the epic jumping puzzle, but even that was completely undermined by really bad completion rewards.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

Traherne was not introduced into the personal story until claw island unless you were Sylvari. Scarlet was the antagonist in season one but not revealed until the Crown Pavillion. Caithe did not come into season two until episode 6. This was where she had a more prominent role rather than simply being present.

My argument earlier was that just because one of the prominent characters happens to be of a certain race, doesn’t mean that the entire story revolves around that race.

In all 3 cases they are the dominant character in the story, no matter when they were introduced backstory reveals that it was always about them and they were the most important character in the story even if they weren’t overtly shown until later.

Yeah maybe you don’t meet Trahearne until later but his entire life has been about finding a way to cleanse Orr which becomes the main focus of the story once all the branches merge into the pact storyline.

Yeah maybe you don’t meet Scarlet until after the Queen’s Jubilee, but she was behind all the various alliances and havok being done all around the world for the past several months, even if she was never named she was shown to be responsible for everything like a bad (and I do mean bad) Scooby Doo villain.

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

This is pretty accurate when you think about it. So much so that jokes about Trahearne abounded with him taking credit for everything. Heck, Zhaitan took a backseat at the end of the personal story. And then Scarlet took center stage with her nut-job antics. And now, it’s the Pale Tree and Caithe. But, to be fair, Season 2 does focus around the Jungle Dragon so that’s to be expected.

Again, pretty accurate and something I’d not really thought about before. Hope the Sylvari aren’t the Jungle Dragon’s minions in disguise.

Regardless, expect the norn to get the focus when the Ice Dragon takes the stage. Maybe the little guys will get more attention when Bubbles arrives too . . . unless quaggans become a race . . . then all cards off the table.

the S——- dragon (name for the water dragon starts with an S according to the scroll of the five true gods.. some people call him Steve..)

I’ve noticed a pattern in the names of the Elder Dragons each taking a name that is similar (though not exact) to a mythological being of different cultures.. Jormag for Jormungandr (the Norse world serpent), Kralkatorrik for Krakatoa (Javan volcano and deity), Primordus for Primordial (the original Greek Gods that preceded the Titans, Uranus, Gaia, etc) Zhaitan for Shaitan, the name for the Djinn who would not bow before Adam in Islam (becoming the Devil), and Mordremoth for Mordred (the traitor in Arthurian Legend)

So I like to think that the Deep Sea Elder Dragon will be named after either Chinese, or some New World Native mythology. I’m hedging my bets on Chinese due to his proximity to Cantha, there’s a very important dragon in Chinese Mythology named Shenlong, who controls the storms and causes rain, and all Dragons in Chinese Mythology are associated with water. So it makes sense.

anyway.. sorry for the tangent.. but I expect that Norn will get a lot of focus in Jormag, Charr, Humans, and Elonians (more Humans) will get focus involving Kralkatorrik, and Canthans (Humans) will get the focus for Shenlong or whatever anet decides to name him. Asura might get focus for an arc dealing with Primordus, but I have a hunch that arc will have just as much to do with the Dwarves as it would Asura.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

In all 3 cases they are the dominant character in the story, no matter when they were introduced backstory reveals that it was always about them and they were the most important character in the story even if they weren’t overtly shown until later.

Yeah maybe you don’t meet Trahearne until later but his entire life has been about finding a way to cleanse Orr which becomes the main focus of the story once all the branches merge into the pact storyline.

Yeah maybe you don’t meet Scarlet until after the Queen’s Jubilee, but she was behind all the various alliances and havok being done all around the world for the past several months, even if she was never named she was shown to be responsible for everything like a bad (and I do mean bad) Scooby Doo villain.

Dominant? Really,,,? You’ve got to be kidding. All you’re trying to do is grasp at whatever fits with your belief that Sylvari have been the focal point in the entire game. You base your entire premise in that one of the prominent figures in each of the stories happens to be of a certain race.