Bring back Paul Eiding (Forgal Kernsson)

in Living World

Posted by: geogyf.5087

geogyf.5087

Having played all the storylines with all races, i can honestly say:

That Forgal Kernsson was the best male character in GW2.
This is mainly due to the voice of Paul Eiding (Metal Gear Solid series).

Forgal Kernsson (Vigil Story) was a tough,wise & grizzled warrior and Eiding’s voice helped tremendously in highlighting these aspects.

If Anet is wise they should bring Paul Eiding back.
He is a voice actor that should be represent in a MAJOR hero.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Warmaster_Forgal_Kernsson.jpg
to remember the character i am talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIE9q9mVQs
to remember his voice

(edited by geogyf.5087)

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Forgal was good but I feel Tybalt was far better. I recently replayed the part of the personal story with him in it and I still find it baffling how his part can be so good while just about everything after it was horrible. Better still, where all other charr go on bravadic rants about the glory of war and death, Tybalt was lighthearted and energetic yet still remained focused on the task at hand. His personality also felt realistic. One of the biggest problems for the personal story is how many characters where dynamically descriptive of the situation and the weight of the consequences, should somethign go wrong. Basically they talked as if they were narrating a Broadway play. Tybalt, on the other hand, spoke naturally, like one would if they were speaking to their drinking buddy.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

In my opinion, Forgal was better than Tybalt even though Tybalt was fairly entertaining.
Forgal reminded me of the gruff old soldier who finally warms up to you.
It also helps that he was voiced by a man who brought to life various characters I love from television shows.

Though I will admit Tybalt did talk to you like a drinking buddy, Forgal’s dialogue actually had me stop and listen after the initial conversations of a mission were over.

I liked how he went from throwing himself into the Vigil after his family died to seeing your character as the closest to an heir he will have, then ultimately sacrificing himself for you because you are pretty much his legacy now.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Out of the three, Forgal was hands down my favorite, despite his gruffness and the only one who I actually cried over what happened in the PS at Claw Island. ::sigh:: What a voice Paul Eiding has, like a demanding, yet gentle father.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

He’ll probably be back when we go after Primordus. He voiced Jalis Ironhammer.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Mr. Googly Eyes? (I swear his eyes crossed every once and awhile during the cinematic dialogues.)

His VA was nice, but if they do bring him back, they would probably tweak his voice a bit. If only to offer up a bit of difference from his previous character. A game can’t have too many named npcs with the same exact VA.

in Living World

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

A game can’t have too many named npcs with the same exact VA.

Crispin Freeman’s all over the place in this game. Not that I mind, I just notice it.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Crispin Freeman’s all over the place in this game. Not that I mind, I just notice it.

His IMBb and the wiki list him only voicing three character, and I can’t seem to remember any of the character’s names actually listed, so I’m think they are only minor characters.

in Living World

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

When I think of Forgal’s voice, all I hear in my head is…

“This is a glory proving, fought under the watchful eyes of the paragons of orzammar!”

in Living World

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

His IMBb and the wiki list him only voicing three character, and I can’t seem to remember any of the character’s names actually listed, so I’m think they are only minor characters.

The only information I can find about those characters is he is credited to them. I wonder if the names changed before release? What I have recognized though:

Tholaun
Jogeirr
Lionguard Morris
And an unnamed Lionguard at Junction Haven

Back to Paul Eiding, it took me a while to figure out where I recognized the voice from, since it’s been a while since I played any Metal Gear. BTW, has everyone checked out the outtakes on ArenaNet’s Soundcloud?