CGI/Cutscenes

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Just finished playing through the living story and i have to say i enjoyed the cutscenes and the CG scenes at the end. I think they were nicely done (wish we had more of those). Way to go team that made those!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Incredily well done. My only gripes are:
-characters with their mouth open like Eir in the fighting scene looks kind of silly.
-Trahearnes ‘fiyuuuu (fire)’ was very badly delivered.

Aside from that the cutscene was awesome, as always!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Gaile (or anyone reading the forums, really), please, give my most honest praise to whoever is responsible for the final animatic of this update (the thing with January 24 at the end, no further details for spoilers, as this is an unmarked thread). I’ve had a sort of a gripe with the new animation style (as I enjoeyed the “cardboard cutout theatre” you’ve decided to abandon quite some time ago), but this (and the similarily impressive and stylized Fractal trailer about a year ago) goes right into my library favorites. Thank you for that and I hope we see more of this style in the future.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyStein

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

Praise relayed.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes, very good cutscene again. Im a bit deflated for another cliffhanger with yet more teasers and questions, but can’t fault those final cutscenes at all.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

The final two cutscenes were awesome… now, can you please add a “replay cutscene” button to the story journal?

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

There’s an NPC in Camp Resolve that lets you rewatch the final cinematics if you’ve completed the episode. He’s standing near the entrance.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I play RPGs (but not normally MMO’s) for the CGI scenes. I have since 1997. The two scenes were Impressive. I can’t really think of much more to say.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Randulf.7614

There’s an NPC in Camp Resolve that lets you rewatch the final cinematics if you’ve completed the episode. He’s standing near the entrance.

Oh thats cool. is that for all episodes?

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

I am sooooooooooooooo amazed of this episode! This is the GW2 I enjoy playing! It was sooo fun to play through the episodes! Those cutscenes, story, lore was sooo amazing! I am sooo thankful for all the great work this game has done and I am really looking forward to the future of this amazing MMORPG GW! Thanks!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I usually like to play my games, not watch them.

But I really liked the fight at the end so it seems everyone has something, right?

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Gaile (or anyone reading the forums, really), please, give my most honest praise to whoever is responsible for the final animatic of this update (the thing with January 24 at the end, no further details for spoilers, as this is an unmarked thread). I’ve had a sort of a gripe with the new animation style (as I enjoeyed the “cardboard cutout theatre” you’ve decided to abandon quite some time ago), but this (and the similarily impressive and stylized Fractal trailer about a year ago) goes right into my library favorites. Thank you for that and I hope we see more of this style in the future.

So glad you liked it, Changer! I agree — it’s powerful, wonderful stuff.

I am sooooooooooooooo amazed of this episode! This is the GW2 I enjoy playing! It was sooo fun to play through the episodes! Those cutscenes, story, lore was sooo amazing! I am sooo thankful for all the great work this game has done and I am really looking forward to the future of this amazing MMORPG GW! Thanks!

That’s a lotta “o’s” there, but I hear you loud and clear.

(And as Bobby said, we’ll be passing along the feedback to the whole team! )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Previous

BobbyStein

The replay NPC is just for this episode, but if you (and others) have feedback on replaying other cinematics we’d like to hear it (in a separate thread).

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

Just passing by and leaving my thanks. I mean it, thank you so much.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Story arc and artwork 5 stars.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

I cant believe Im saying this…..
The cutscenes were mostly well done exept some flaws with the mimic of Wynne. The compositor of the music and the voice actors did a really good job.
On the other hand we had Trahaerne ruining almost everything by that rather soulless fire command and the his order to sacrifice the fleet.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Biber.6743

Biber.6743

Great Job with those Cutscenes, keep on doing such impressive animations!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Randulf.7614

The replay NPC is just for this episode, but if you (and others) have feedback on replaying other cinematics we’d like to hear it (in a separate thread).

Ah ok. I wont start a new thread since there have been several on the subject asking for this already and I try to avoid duplications, especially of something asked so often.

Thanks for at least this option though.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Morpheus.8312

Morpheus.8312

I do not write on forums at all but kitten , that was one amazing story arc and final cutscene. Just wanted to say thanks for it, we are looking forward to PAX, a lot more now.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

These cutscenes look good but I like the “loading screen” style art cutscenes more, like Daniel Dociu had, and whoever you got to draw in a similar style.

I’d rather you wouldn’t use the ingame engine for “dramatic” cutscenes though. Last season Kasmeer’s face looked so weird and elongated and now you-know-who’s face had the same effect. It’s just not meant for showing emotions.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

if it would be possible to make this npc into a general “replay cutscene X from ls chapter Y”-npc, everyone (or at least anyone enjoying lore/cutscenes) would be delighted, i guess.

On the subject of re-watching cut-scenes I’d like to see the Scrying pool make a return to the HoM especially since wardrobe and mini updates mean the only people who have a reason to go there now are rangers and that’s only a one time trip.

^this, totally this

(edited by zaced.7948)

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

On the subject of re-watching cut-scenes I’d like to see the Scrying pool make a return to the HoM especially since wardrobe and mini updates mean the only people who have a reason to go there now are rangers and that’s only a one time trip.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

CIVIL WAR!
/15buttons

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Impressive. That has to be the most beautiful cut-scene I ever saw. Its like a painting that’s alive and got hit with an extra dimension or something

Jaw dropping work.

Whole episode was really well done but this cut scene is without a doubt the cherry on the cake!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was shouting in amazement! Tears were in my eyes! And then … it kept on giving me more. I managed to finish before my guildies so I had to bite my tongue beyond saying “keep going, there’s more.”

Now it’s a hazy blur and I have to rewatch all the cinematics a zillion times to actually notice the details.

Anyway yes, I was on the edge of my seat and I think this is what people want in cliffhangers. It had some major reveals – Wynn’s secret! – and great shocks — the airfleet nuuuuu — and even some immersive involvement since my guild just wrapped up a longish plot that at one point had our airship attacked by Mordy vines from below.

I have to figure out how my three RP’d ’varis are affected. And watch this all again, and do the LS on alts. And farm up eyes and kidneys … but wow, that finale got me so jazzed.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: SemmlerTh.2685

SemmlerTh.2685

All of it was very well done, especially the killing scene (made me cry a little :>) – but especially the cutscenes. I am so hyped right now! Got goosebumps from the cutscenes.. just amazing.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Dunan Atreides.5436

Dunan Atreides.5436

This might be too much info to dole out, but can we get a quick summary or something on how the last animatic was made? I understand it’s part 3d models, part non-photorealistic rendering, and part hand-drawn animation – is there anything procedural about it all, or is pretty much all the roughness handcrafted?

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

I really liked the new cinematics too, and I hope to see more in the future!
But on the other hand I wish there was someway to replay theses awesome videos(and also the others from the personal story,living story 1…) within the game. That NPC in the silverwastes is pretty hidden and inconveniently placed.

Maybe through an NPC or an interactive shrine in your home instance to store theses memories!

Take this as a little feedback

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Kenyon.6150

Kenyon.6150

I would also like to give praise to the amazing team(s) that made these scenes
The sense of scale, dynamics, camera workings were really well done and extremely polished.
Love the combination of 3d and 2d elements. awe-struck!
The only thing I found slightly off was Eir grabbing for her bow on her back while she already had it out a shot earlier? A tiny oversight but that was the only thing I found for the downside list.
Everything else 11/10 and Rythlock is the most bad-kitten charr in history.
Hugs for the entire team if that is allowed, else high-fives all around!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I felt like a 10 year old at Christmas watching those 2 cut-scenes at the end. Just want to watch them over and over. Thanks for putting the npc in, very nice forethought!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: jdmThor.3806

jdmThor.3806

yes, these were so good and unique! was completely blown away. please pass on my highest praises to the relevant people as well

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Praise relayed.

I heard that the fractal trailer was a mix of animated 2D paintings with 3D characters rendered with Maya cameras. Did they do the same thing here? Regardless, all of the cinematics from season 1 to now have been gorgeous. Your animators/painters are phenomenal!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

While I loved the cut scenes myself…

I’m sure the other 6 players that also finished the LS at the same time did NOT appreciate being jumped by Veteran Teragriffs and Elite Mordrem Wolves because someone at ANet thought it would be funny to let an event hang out right there where we pop out at.

We got in 2 dodges if we were lucky enough to get control of our characters fast enough, but we got 2 hit WHIPPED!

Not a very cool follow up guys.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Quick question about the voice work.
Did they manage to finally snag Felicia Day for Zojja or did we get an impersonator?
I ask only because the parts I could hear sounded a bit…off.

Then again it has been quite the while since I’ve heard her do the Zojja voice, people’s voices do change after the years.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Well, I’ll be kitten ed. I did not expect this finale to be anything but dissapointing, but ANet delivered, and it delivered well and in style! The final episode was incredible, the Turai Ossa instance with the same dialogues from GW1 gave me a huge nerdgasm, but the final instance was beyond belief and the end cinematic and possibilities… Wow. Just WOW! Sure, there were some hiccups, but the good outweighs the bad in this by so much that they don’t even matter!

Kudos to all the people at ANet who made this awesome story, you did a fantastic job and deserve every praise you get and more! You are on the right track with this, keep up the good work!

Now… please… for the love of the Six… let January 24th bring us an expansion announcement, and as soon as possible! Let’s take the fight to Mordremoth properly!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Mirelin.3259

Mirelin.3259

I’m having a heck of a time finding this guy – what is his name? Or race? I feel like I’ve talked to every NPC in camp resolve and I can’t find him.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

I almost never write on the forum, (Love reading it) but I would like to thank you guys @ ArenaNet for the whole season, the finale with its amazing cutscenes. It makes me proud to be playing this game from Beta and to be a part of the community! Thank you guys!

Namaste

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

(edited by Vrede.8942)

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m having a heck of a time finding this guy – what is his name? Or race? I feel like I’ve talked to every NPC in camp resolve and I can’t find him.

Vigil Warmaster Wylliam in Camp Resolve, right next to the portal to the Brisban Wildlands.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

But on the other hand I wish there was someway to replay theses awesome videos(and also the others from the personal story,living story 1…) within the game. That NPC in the silverwastes is pretty hidden and inconveniently placed.

Maybe through an NPC or an interactive shrine in your home instance to store theses memories!

Or they could add a tab to log in screen called “replay cinematics” that you have unlocked. Clicking on the tab shows the complete list in order of appearance and you can select which to view at your leisure and without any interference.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

Or they could add a tab to log in screen called “replay cinematics” that you have unlocked. Clicking on the tab shows the complete list in order of appearance and you can select which to view at your leisure and without any interference.

Bobby Stein asked for such feedback to be posted in a separate dedicated thread for it. I made one. Please show your support there as well.

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This was working yesterday right after I completed the episode but today the NPC no longer has the options. I am on the same character as before.

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: BenjaminK.8792

BenjaminK.8792

Strongest cutscene so far! Fast, tense, impressive, dramatic, dark!! Really well done!!!

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I remember that approximately 1½ year ago, I made a post about the lack of Concept Art Cinematics. It felt like you had strayed from that path, and we didn’t really see any of them for a long time.
Obviously your decision was not based on my silly post, but I am extremely happy that those cinematics have made a strong comeback.
I was on TS while watching and we all agreed they were both epic.

Good job!

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Please, may we have the same for the Personal Story final cutscenes?

CGI/Cutscenes

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

ANet has some very talented artists indeed