Chalice of tears checkpoints

in Living World

Posted by: eliroth.3869

eliroth.3869

Hello!

So i attempted to do this JP with a party today and i noticed that the checkpoints (the steam vents) have no visible indicator nor buff to indicate how many checkpoints you’ve activated. A friend of mine did the jp, suddenly slipped and died yet didnt respawn at the last checkpoint. He did NOT at anytime change map, relog in nor get disconnected yet he did not respawn.

Now I understand the checkpoints are supposed to stop people from cheezing the jp and that leaving the map (to repair armor perhaps), re-logging, disconnecting, or changing instance (not sure what exploit could result from this) resets the checkpoints

But a buff to show how many checkpoints you’ve passed would help tremendously. Also it can disappear so you know you’re no longer elligible for the chest due to change map. At least let the buff remain for disconnects or sudden instance changedue to overflow.

So basically all i’m asking for is a buff that shows checkpoint progress.

Thank you for your time!

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It would be nice I agree.

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’d rather thy removed the tokens from it, so I didn’t have to spend hours doing something I hate (JP’s) in order to complete the collection for something I’d like to have.

For someone my age this JP is the perfect precursor to what certain religions depict hell as.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in Living World

Posted by: Yandalf.1029

Yandalf.1029

I just gathered up the courage to do this JP, took me a good full hour until I reached the upper parts. Right there, as I hit the last checkpoint, I had an incredibly short disconnect, long enough for the client to throw me back at login. The way things currently work, that means all my work was for nothing. That’s enough to get me fed up. I feel like a lot of this JP is wasting my time with fiddly collisions and slippery surfaces that SHOULDN’T be slippery, so this kind of design is just breaking the proverbial camel’s back.
I find this extremely moronic, especially considering GW2 has a stacking buff system that PERSISTS between logins. Wouldn’t it have been possible to enable each checkpoint only if you have the buff of the previous point on you, which’d last for 1-2 hours? There’s events in the base game that manage to do this better than the current way this is set up.