Confused about living world's story

in Living World

Posted by: ShadowFang.4086

ShadowFang.4086

My necromancer just hit level 80 and since there’s a bug in the Ossuary of the Unquiet Dead, I switched to playing the living world’s story instead. Problem is, I have absolutely no idea who the heck the characters I’m fighting with are and the only thing I know about Scarlet is that she destroyed Lion’s Arch(which is pretty hard to miss). Can someone tell me the plot and who these colourful characters(Majory, Kasmeer, Rox, Taimi, etc.) are? Better yet, is there a way to play the season one living world that I missed?

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

You can find a summary of Season 1, including some descriptions about who the NPC’s you are playing with are, on the wiki page here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_season_1

Further, there isn’t currently any way to replay any parts of Season 1 of the Living World, but it is possible that in the future, ArenaNet will add all the story of Season 1 into the new ‘Story Journal’ and allow all players to experience what occurred during Season 1 (likely, but not certainly, with a small gem fee to unlock if you had not logged in during some parts of Season 1), but currently, there is no way to experience/play it.

in Living World

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

There are many ways to get alot of the information.
1) Watch gameplay videos on YouTube. Players recorded everything from cinematics to actual in-game footage of The Twisted Marionette, etc. Generaly, putting the “episode” name from the wiki into YouTube will yield many resources.
2) Play Fractals. There’s some with Scarlet, Aetherblades, Rox & Bram, etc.
3) Twilight Arbor Aetherpath also has some degree of content, in particular it lets you get a feel of who Scarlet Briar was and what her goals were.
4) Talk to open world NPCs, such as those in Kessex Hills that were put there after the Tower of Nightmares. These NPCs give insight into the events that occured within those areas (Lornar’s Pass, Kessex, Lion’s Arch, etc.). Many revamped Heart quests and similar events also reflect the changes to the environment.
5) You can watch videos of unaltered areas (pre-LS) on YouTube. In particular, Lion’s Arch was competely different before being destroyed.

Taimi is a recent character and most of her exposition has been in season 2 so you don’t really need much backstory on her. She had barely any content in the first season as she was excluded from The Battle of Lion’s Arch.

Although her initial meeting with Braham and Logan is a must-watch.

Keep in mind that some LS content has spoilers for Personal Story. This is because Living Story takes place chronologically after Personal Story.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)