DR Part 2: Trailer

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’m really glad they ditched the old narrator from season one. I didn’t like the distorted voice. Is the narrator for this release the Pale Tree? Seems a lot more fitting to me.

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

So it seems like the summit might not even happen?

Taimi failed at fixing the waypoints, as Mordy homed in on her. She and Braham are moving the device and get attacked by Inquest. I guess that means the Arcane Council will not attend the summit.

The Pale Tree gets attacked as well, and even gets a new animation: holding her arms. I guess it’s something to make her look distressed.

After an assault on the Pale Tree, I doubt any of the leaders would agree on a meeting. The risk is far too great.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Neurochazm.5370

Neurochazm.5370

I knew it: the pale tree is the target of mordremoth. Seemed obvious to me anyhow…

The Pale Tree is working for Mordremoth. She set Scarlet up as a scapegoat to draw attention away from herself.
Having all the leaders gather in her back garden is an brilliant move on her part, now she has them right where she wants them.

I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.

in Living World

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No you didn’t. This episode was more filler than anything else.

Someone needs to learn the difference between filler and plot/character growth.

If it wasn’t painfully clear, not every story piece needs to be filled with kill x boss.

Yep. DBZ had plenty of plot growth. Hardly in story progression occurred during that episode. All you did was run errands for a few people.

Fetch parts for Taimi. Fetch pieces of a crown for Rytlock. Do an event chain for Braham and Eir. This consisted most of the episode.

Your analysis of this episode sounds very bitter and jaded. Maybe if you actually didnt come into it with the glass half empty approach you could actually appreciate the fact that the following things happened between all of what you listed….

Eir and Braham are on civil speaking terms and are sharing a significant bonding moment. Something they have not had since Braham decided to leave and be his own man.

Rytlock has decided to end the plight of the Ascalonians and in doing so has pathed the way for Rox to be her own woman and lead where he cannot.

Taimi has managed to create a new tool to reduce the amount of magic required for waypoints to function, serving two fold in halting Mordremoth’s feasting leaving him weakened but also providing the universe with more reliable waypoints.

And to top it off we have a world first. The prospective leaders of each race convening for a summit.

If that is not story growth and plot progression then i don’t know what else to tell you.
Maybe you should stick to DBZ if all you can get behind is the tournament style battle royal next villain mentality.

in Living World

Posted by: Dorian Ordenda.1398

Dorian Ordenda.1398

Taimi looks a little nervous there. Hmmmm. Not a good sign.

in Living World

Posted by: Yuino.2684

Yuino.2684

If it wasn’t painfully clear, not every story piece needs to be filled with kill x boss.

Yep. DBZ had plenty of plot growth. Hardly in story progression occurred during that episode. All you did was run errands for a few people.

Fetch parts for Taimi. Fetch pieces of a crown for Rytlock. Do an event chain for Braham and Eir. This consisted most of the episode.

But it’s a part of the story. A filler would be, if we would have gone to the beach with each of the characters. (I took the beach as an example because most animes use beach episodes as filler episodes. Looking at you, K-On!)

in Living World

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Anyone noticed the that the mouth plant flower(Mordem Thraser maw) appears right in the location where Omadd’s machine is?

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Yuino.2684

Anyone noticed the that the mouth plant flower(Mordem Thraser maw) appears right in the location where Omadd’s machine is?

Is it? I personally focused more on the point that where ever the Mordem Trasher rose up there was also a waypoint.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Did you notice the lights went out and there was a switching noise. Like somebody flipped off a circuit breaker. Figure it was done for dramatic effect of the video, but for a bio-illuminated setting was kinda…off.

Maybe the Sylvari have a Michael Winslow-type in their midst who does lots of sfx on demand?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Is it? I personally focused more on the point that where ever the Mordem Trasher rose up there was also a waypoint.

Nah he didn’t rise up where Omadd’s machine is. That’s the new area we’ll be going to. You can check it out the new area by doing a little jumping puzzle.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

it seems to me, that if the gw2 world is going to proceed.. the pale tree needs to die
or at least a functioning portion of the dream.. is there some sort of firewall? that if you’re evil you can’t sense the dream, because it would be pretty convenient for evil sylvari to have intimate knowledge of their entire race.. anyway, just a random thought in my head.. i think the tree avatar is going to die, but the sylvari will still be a functional race.. i kept getting an impression from the source material that the pale tree didn’t give a leaf about the non-firstborne sylvari.. basically what i’m saying is they knew about mordremoth the entire time and the consequences are in full swing now..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nah he didn’t rise up where Omadd’s machine is. That’s the new area we’ll be going to. You can check it out the new area by doing a little jumping puzzle.

I’ll take your word for it but if it’s not the Machine, it’s exactly the same architecture with blue-barred entrances on each side. Have you seen such a thing in the new area?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

~snip~

First off, I’m not looking at the episode from a particular viewpoint that you suggested such as pessimistic or jaded. I’m looking at it by the amount of content and story progression.

Compare the living story progression from episodes one and two to the current one. There was minimal progression. I was not saying there was no progression, just very little to make it seem to be more of a filler. Now, I’d likely consider part one and two together as something different.

Taimi built the machine but that’s it. It’s not doing anything. Braham’s relationship with his mother has no bearing on the current living story and is about as relevant as Belinda. All that happened with Rytlock is he made an attempt, failed, and is gone.

The only story progression I saw was the decision to form a summit, only half the races agreeing to meet with one occurring off screen, and the development of the waypoint device. All of this could have been done in a single instance. Now if the waypoint device was operational and the summit had actually taken place, I’d say the story made progression.

If episodes were entirely dedicated to each of the members of Destiny’s Edge 2.0, would you consider that filler or story progression of the overall living story arc? That’s essentially what happened in this episode but in more of an expedited manner.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

it seems to me, that if the gw2 world is going to proceed.. the pale tree needs to die
or at least a functioning portion of the dream.. is there some sort of firewall? that if you’re evil you can’t sense the dream, because it would be pretty convenient for evil sylvari to have intimate knowledge of their entire race.. anyway, just a random thought in my head.. i think the tree avatar is going to die, but the sylvari will still be a functional race.. i kept getting an impression from the source material that the pale tree didn’t give a leaf about the non-firstborne sylvari.. basically what i’m saying is they knew about mordremoth the entire time and the consequences are in full swing now..

How can the Sylvari be a functional race with the Pale tree dead?

Also, the Avatar, as far as my knowledge goes, it simply a projection. And illusion the pale tree uses to talk with.

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

~snip~

so players interacting with main characters and completing missions as an initial step toward a strategic defense against impending danger is a filler episode..

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

~snip~

so players interacting with main characters and completing missions as an initial step toward a strategic defense against impending danger is a filler episode..

Nowhere did I state that the entire episode was a filler episode. My initial post said it had more filler than anything else. I elaborated in that statement in a subsequent post. Filler can exist within an episode where little progression in a story arc is made but is fluffed with additional content. That’s where my DBZ reference came in. I was not referring to entire episodes and it seems you’re under the impression that filler is either an entire episode or not. There’s no inbetween.

Understand what I just said and re-read what I wrote previously. It should make more sense about where I am coming from.

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Did you notice the lights went out and there was a switching noise. Like somebody flipped off a circuit breaker. Figure it was done for dramatic effect of the video, but for a bio-illuminated setting was kinda…off.

Plot twist: Mordremoth is the electric company and the Pale Tree didn’t pay her bill.

I didn’t see Trahearne in the trailer (unless he used a Total Makeover kit and somehow became a Mesmer) nor any of the other leaders, so maybe it isn’t the summit that is attacked. They could be envoys, which would be a cop out.

I mean, we all figured it would be — it’s the prime opportunity to decapitate Tyria’s leadership — but the plot line couldn’t be that obvious. Could it?

Could the Pale Tree have initiated the summit to draw out Mordremoth? This could be a ploy to invite the dragon to attack, knowing full well the Grove will be home to the Tyrian leaders’ elite personal guards and couldn’t be more heavily defended.

Hell, since people have it in for the Pale Tree’s motives, her using the rest of Tyria as a shield against Mordremoth isn’t out of her supposed character.

Poor Taimi looks terrified. The Inquest definitely came a-knockin’ now that she’s tampering with the waypoints.

or OR she gathered them together for Mordremoth to kill

A plot twist far too exciting. Don’t bet on it.

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Taimi looks a little nervous there. Hmmmm. Not a good sign.

She’s not nervous… Notice Scruffy in pieces on the ground. She’s shaken, her golem just got destroyed

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’m pretty sure it’s where Omadd’s machine is look at it. The new area does not have anything with blue barrs on it.

Attachments:

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

That is most definitely Omadd’s machine.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

So it look like he attacks the hub. I’m surprised he didn’t strike there first considering all the magical energy that’s there.

in Living World

Posted by: Dorian Ordenda.1398

Dorian Ordenda.1398

Didn’t notice Scruffy in pieces till I watched it 3 times. But I’d be nervous too if my golem fell apart. I’ve never been a huge Taimi fan, but seeing her there, all shaky, rather got to me. As savvy as she is, she still needs protection and care. Anet sure knows how to tug at our heartstrings!

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The grove is going to become the new Lion’s Arch.

Please no… I never cared for LA, but the Grove was what made me get this game in the first place.

Seeing how the biolights turn off and how the Pale Tree behaves, I hope this was done by her and has some deeper meaning than the Grove getting short of leylectricity.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

It’s only logical that thing appears at ommad’s machine because the WP repair machine which interracts with that huge mage above, is also there. That machine just disturbed all magic thingies at the WP central thingy.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Your analysis of this episode sounds very bitter and jaded. Maybe if you actually didnt come into it with the glass half empty approach you could actually appreciate the fact that the following things happened between all of what you listed….

Eir and Braham are on civil speaking terms and are sharing a significant bonding moment. Something they have not had since Braham decided to leave and be his own man.

Rytlock has decided to end the plight of the Ascalonians and in doing so has pathed the way for Rox to be her own woman and lead where he cannot.

Taimi has managed to create a new tool to reduce the amount of magic required for waypoints to function, serving two fold in halting Mordremoth’s feasting leaving him weakened but also providing the universe with more reliable waypoints.

And to top it off we have a world first. The prospective leaders of each race convening for a summit.

If that is not story growth and plot progression then i don’t know what else to tell you.
Maybe you should stick to DBZ if all you can get behind is the tournament style battle royal next villain mentality.

There’s plenty of story, sure. My complaint about the update wouldn’t be that it’s filler, but that the gameplay elements just aren’t all that great. The open world content that doesn’t work very well or suffers from having too many people around didn’t impress. The instances were good though.

in Living World

Yuino.2684

I’m pretty sure it’s where Omadd’s machine is look at it. The new area does not have anything with blue barrs on it.

So it is at Omadd’s machine. But that also means they’re going to put a waypoint there now?

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Perhaps it was to lure the Dragon or test out her device (which appears to have failed)?

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Since there was a red flag for all of this sicne the beginning and as of now every trailer ended up with a mixed bag of follow up to the hype.

I am… not excited…
It was too obvious and to be honest, I do not care what happens at the summit, because I find the whole Idea of the summit at this point of the story (with the information have at this point) much too early.

I somehow cannot get excited about this.

Also… electrical flower lights? are you kidding?

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Worse would be that Nightmare Court is now part of them, and assist the Mordrem.

OR

Other possibility is that we’ll see the first true Mordrem Sylvari…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Living World

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

How can the Sylvari be a functional race with the Pale tree dead?

Also, the Avatar, as far as my knowledge goes, it simply a projection. And illusion the pale tree uses to talk with.

You’re absolutely right. If you speak to the Pale Tree, as a non-Sylvari, she specifically explains that you’re speaking to a projection and that she is actually the entire Grove.

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

you can’t give the grove’s avatar a get out of jail free card.. the hierarchy of all other playable races is susceptible to damage.. if it can’t be done without conflicting player character creation, then it’s substandard game lore..

i can outswim a centaur!

in Living World

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I’ll take your word for it but if it’s not the Machine, it’s exactly the same architecture with blue-barred entrances on each side. Have you seen such a thing in the new area?

Yea I saw something similar in the new area but looking at that scene more closely, it seems you are right. Mordy is attacking the hub again. More rocks have fallen on the lower structure which is probably what threw me off.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Living World

Kalavier.1097

you can’t give the grove’s avatar a get out of jail free card.. the hierarchy of all other playable races is susceptible to damage.. if it can’t be done without conflicting player character creation, then it’s substandard game lore..

This is because Queen Jennah, Knut Whitebear, Smodur the unflinching, and the Arcane council ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR BABIES TO BE MADE.

The Pale tree, KINDA freaking is for the Sylvari race.

basically, it’d cause the same amount of work in a sense as curing the foefire would.

(edited by Kalavier.1097)

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

This is because Queen Jennah, Knut Whitebear, Smodur the unflinching, and the Arcane council ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR BABIES TO BE MADE.

basically, it’d cause the same amount of work in a sense as curing the foefire would.

Unless the death of the Pale Tree somehow acts as a biological trigger for the Sylvari and enables them to reproduce.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Unless the death of the Pale Tree somehow acts as a biological trigger for the Sylvari and enables them to reproduce.

That’d be pretty dumb. I’d expect a new seed get planted and watching it gradually grow during the downtime before Season 3 if the Pale Tree was to be eliminated.

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

i’m thinking we will get a watchwork invasion 2.0 this week
mordremoth unleashes flying seeds that pollute the tyrian continent

i can outswim a centaur!

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

i’m thinking we will get a watchwork invasion 2.0 this week
mordremoth unleashes flying seeds that pollute the tyrian continent

He wouldn’t need flying seeds though, since he can simply grow them from the vines that run beneath a good portion of the zones already.

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

i considered that but it would be pointless to do an “invasion” similar to the scarlet ones in that manner because mordrem would simply be everywhere All the time. . .
and taking from the trailer that something came in from above.. although again, it could have just been dramatic effect.. possibly they were attacked by a very, very tall jungle wurm

i can outswim a centaur!

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Worse would be that Nightmare Court is now part of them, and assist the Mordrem.

OR

Other possibility is that we’ll see the first true Mordrem Sylvari…

What scares me isn’t the Courtiers assisting the Mordrem.
It scares me that they are what true Mordrem Sylvari are.
That there are MordSylvari that are even more cruel and evil than the Courtiers.

The initial “programming” of the tree they rejected still keeps them from reaching their top potential for cruelty.

It would still be exciting to see a threat like that though.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t expect sylvari fully corrupted by Mordremoth to have any capacity for cruelty at all. They’ll just be getting their job done.

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

That’d be pretty dumb. I’d expect a new seed get planted and watching it gradually grow during the downtime before Season 3 if the Pale Tree was to be eliminated.

I don’t see how it’s necessarily dumb. In a beehive, you don’t find the females reproducing until the Queen Bee dies and is replaced. In this sense, if the Pale Tree dies, it might be the biological trigger the Sylvari need to be able to reproduce for themselves.

in Living World

Kalavier.1097

I don’t see how it’s necessarily dumb. In a beehive, you don’t find the females reproducing until the Queen Bee dies and is replaced. In this sense, if the Pale Tree dies, it might be the biological trigger the Sylvari need to be able to reproduce for themselves.

Besides the fact the Pale tree and the Sylvari are drastically different, and as far as we know, the Sylvari lack the specific organs FOR reproduction.

Sure, they have the bits to make love or whatnot, but who says the female Sylvari have anything like a womb?

edit: Oh, and IIRC, Anet said all Sylvari were sterile, and could never have children :P.

in Living World

Posted by: versidia.4520

versidia.4520

The pale tree dies > Malick’s Tree is found and welcome’s other sylvari as their “aunt” > New sylvari grow there > Tengu get out of the dominion and become playable > Caledon forest becomes their starting area.

in Living World

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

When the dragon attacks the humans are no where to be found. After talking to their respective leader they let you know that they would love to help stop the big dragon but a band of 5 level 10 centaurs are currently roaming around Queensdale and taking up 90% of the human army to keep at bay.

in Living World

Kalavier.1097

The pale tree dies > Malick’s Tree is found and welcome’s other sylvari as their “aunt” > New sylvari grow there > Tengu get out of the dominion and become playable > Caledon forest becomes their starting area.

Now the Sylvari starter PS is a ruined jumbled mess because the other tree is in Maguuma wastes or Jungle, and nowhere CLOSE to Caledon forest.

in Living World

versidia.4520

Now the Sylvari starter PS is a ruined jumbled mess because the other tree is in Maguuma wastes or Jungle, and nowhere CLOSE to Caledon forest.

They would get a new starting area and personal story. Having the same story wouldn’t make sense :p.

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

They would get a new starting area and personal story. Having the same story wouldn’t make sense :p.

If the 2nd pale tree becomes the new Sylvari home it would most likely be surrounded by lvl 80 areas. Also I doubt Anet would take away the Sylvari PS they have right now since they were involved with defeating Zhaitan. That would mean every Sylvari that was made in the new tree would get screwed out of the chance to experience Zhaitan’s story.

in Living World

versidia.4520

If the 2nd pale tree becomes the new Sylvari home it would most likely be surrounded by lvl 80 areas. Also I doubt Anet would take away the Sylvari PS they have right now since they were involved with defeating Zhaitan. That would mean every Sylvari that was made in the new tree would get screwed out of the chance to experience Zhaitan’s story.

That’s right. I just want tengu :P.

in Living World

Posted by: lawnpirates.8527

lawnpirates.8527

It looks like the Pale Tree forgot to pay utilities this month.

in Living World

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

If the pale tree dies, one of the first born becomes rooted and grows into a new pale tree, a process resembling Harold the ghoul in fallout 3.

Or, the pale tree dies followed by a new growth from one of her rhyzomes, like a black locust tree.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

(edited by Neko Dudley.2495)