Dailies mess....

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

Q:

While well intentioned the change in dailies is a complete mess. First point of contention-events daily on low level maps.
While I understand that we, as level 80’s get scaled back-our exotics and legendary’s do not. Add to that a level 1-15 map full of level 80’s wanting to get dailys done fast. The net result is a horde of level 80’s just completely demolishing an event in mere seconds, one and 2 shotting every NPC from range with legendary longbows. Not content with TAGGING an event to get credit, they destroy it so fast that others don’t have time to get there and tag. Oftentimes, doing an event daily on a low level map can take up to a very long and frustrating hour.
2nd bone of contention-Fractals as a daily and oftentimes a double dose of it. Like today-fractals are HALF of the daily. Now some of us HATE fractals and do NOT want to spend 2 hours in a Fractal. Dungeon runs as a daily are completely ignored, so are kill X amount of champs or veterans. With the higher health of these larger bosses, it makes it easier for more people to tag yet these options, along with crafting as a daily, are completely ignored. I have gone from doing dailies every day to sighing in frustration when dailies like todays include 4 events on a low level map and TWO fractal choices.
Please either add a bigger choice for dailies or at least re evaluate the very limited choices available now.

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: AnotherNinja.8534

AnotherNinja.8534

I usually just play a quick sPvP game and get them all done in 10 minutes.

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Their intention was to get players to try different aspects of the game so chances are very low that they’ll add more options for a specific game mode which would detract from this. I personally see us having plenty of choices as we have 12 options. Now, if there’s any that I don’t like or want to do, I’m personally making the choice to not do them and artificially limiting my available options as a result.

I will also point out that there are PvP custom arenas that were specifically for doing the dailies. I’ve heard that they’re very laid back and casual with people chatting with each other as they help each other complete their daily. I highly suggest checking this out as it may be worth doing for the days where there aren’t many PvE specific achievements that you want to do.

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I wish they’d go back to the wider variety of options for dailies, too. And give everyone 1 AP for each daily they want to complete.

Nowadays, I do something I’ve never really done before much – I sPvP for the dailies since this is now the easiest and fastest way to get them done.

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Ziantra.8502

I understand what you all are saying but here’s the thing. I have NEVER liked player killing in any form and when I bought this game it was marketed as a PVE game. Some of us only care to PVE and for players like me, the dailies have been whittled away till we get to this-4 lame choices and often a double up with the Fractals. I really don’t want to be herded into WvW or PVP because it makes me miserable, which negates the reason I bought this game-to have fun doing what I like to do, which is PVE.
They took away monthlies and we’re left with…4 events in metrica, go hit 4 ore rocks in Diessa and 2 Fractals.

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Ziantra.8502

I would think adding a “complete a dungeon run” would also be encouraging members to try an aspect of the game they might not have-no? And we USED to have a crafting daily, no one is being encouraged to try crafting anymore. I’m not asking for completely different options, just maybe rotate some of the old options that are still appropriate for the aim anet wants to achieve.

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

What has this got to do with living world though?

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

So those 10 AP from the daily completion are important enough to come here and complain, but not important enough to make 2 steps in WvW and cap a ruin or a sentry? Or stepping into a PvP match for 2 minutes? Wow…

This thing with the new dailies is one of the biggest non-issues in this game. Spending the resources it would take to change them, on literally anything else is a far better option.

Dailies mess....

in Living World

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

maybe i’m just used to them more but i enjoy the event dailys in the low level zones i know where things are and have all the way points, also your given 12 options between PvE PvP and WvW and you don’t have to do 3 from any 1 you could do 1 objective in pve pvp and wvw and get your daily credit