Death shroud = no aspects :(

in Living World

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Sooo…. Aspects are now time limited. Which means if I can’t maneuver my camera before it expires it does (hello 20 deaths on trying to get to the top of the big rock, I gave up in the end)

But worst of all — death shroud = immediate lost of any aspect. So fighting that stupid sylvari who jumps from rock to rock is basically wonderful example of frustration. All those who specced shroud to remove condition have to re-spec. Half of the damage from shroud is gone.

I understand that only Warriors are beloved children these days, but really?

in Living World

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

How does this favor Warriors? You don’t have any burst skills with aspects lol. If I remember correctly, even Rangers get their pets stowed. Your combat is supposed to be limited with the aspects.

Time limit is because they’re broken and weak. Adds another level of gameplay. And you don’t even need the aspects to fight the sylvari. You can just walk up the ramp and smack his salad face in.

in Living World

Bugabuga.9721

Yeah, but it takes quite a while of running back and forth to kill off the sylvari. Tentacles downstairs keep crippling. Should probably re-roll power necro

in Living World

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

I don’t think your profession/build is the problem here…

in Living World

Bugabuga.9721

It certainly adds up to me having a lot of difficulties with jumping sigh Oh well.

in Living World

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

if you want to be able to fight while having a aspects, play engi: his kits can be equipped and all skills used normally and when stowed again, you still have your aspects. I assume the same goes for ele conjures, though I haven’t tried it yet and bundles might be handled differently.

not to say I like how it works (I’d rather have aspects with stowed weapons and skills with drawn weapons or something, this would make also the stow weapons shortcut more useful) but if that’s your main gripe, you can take one of the classes that can work around the current limitation to avoid more frustration =)

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Using a portal also removes aspects. This annoyed me a few times.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

DCing removes aspects, too, and that can happen to anybody

in Living World

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

if you want to be able to fight while having a aspects, play engi: his kits can be equipped and all skills used normally and when stowed again, you still have your aspects.

I main engie and that’s what I did it on. For sure, it made it easier, as well as being able to stand on the largest rock and grenade him whilst seeing his attacks in plenty of time.

in Living World

Bugabuga.9721

Using a portal also removes aspects. This annoyed me a few times.

Yeah, same as spectral walk — immediately stops it.

By the way, thanks for the suggestion on doing the sylvari fight on engie, everyone!
(I did defeat him on condi necro but it was… annoying )

in Living World

Posted by: Mantis.6102

Mantis.6102

You can beat Aerin in the final stage without using an aspect. Walk up the ramp to the little platform adjacent to main middle platform. Wait there until he jumps to the main middle platform, run out and attack until he jumps, run back to the top of the ramp and wait……Do this about 5-8 times and you win.

[HoD]Accomplished Killer