Decay of the Risen

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

As I’m sure many other people have noticed, since Zhaitan’s death, the Risen have been getting more haggard and hunched over every couple of months. Without a master to control them, and no way to make more in large numbers, is there going to come a time in the living story where they cease to be?

Where they decay to a point where they just fall apart? And if so, what would take their place in areas like Orr?

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Is this actually happening?

The great forum duppy.

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I wondered about that today, myself. I thought they looked more droopy and haggard but sadly they still move just as fast to attack you. Hoping they also thin out in numbers. If they fall apart there will be lots of flailing limbs lying about, lol…

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Was wondering aswell, i saw one of the Asura undead dragging along a weapon as if he was struggling which i had never seen before.

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’m sure they were always like this. Can we please get video evidence comparing?

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

It’s probably the updated models from awhile back.

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s probably the updated models from awhile back.

The non-coral risen models (human at least) were updated in this last patch to be more hunched over than before, when they were standing mostly straight up.

TBH, I like the old form better, but if it’s as the OP says, makes sense.

However, there’s a huge problem with removing the risen from the game. Two, actually:

1. They’re an intrigal part of the Personal Story, so removing them would make the Personal Story seem… off. It’d lose its “now” moment feeling.
  2. There’s a LOT of hearts and events related solely to risen. Remove risen, you got to remove those events and hearts – or alter them at least.

Given this, I don’t think the Risen will be removed from gameplay. They won’t be a focus in new stories, and they may be reduced in number, but not removed. Especially not in Orr.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: orktorzult.9368

orktorzult.9368

speaking of events i really dont like the ones that deal in killing critters for hides and junk… so my 100% map completion suffers

Charr +warrior, hammerzorz.
NRHRN SHVR PKS
“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!”

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Kain Francois.4328

I wouldn’t mind if Risen were removed, to be honest. They tried to do a throwback to GW1 undead, but it didn’t work. Also, there were no Zombie horsemen.

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Varonica.8307

Varonica.8307

Personally I think the entire point of the personal story is all wrong, but I guess anet thought they had to have something in like that. My thoughts go like this, its supposed ot be a living world, changing over time, but having the personal story reliant on some of the other content means that content can’t be changed easily, the only way being with some huge game release like WoW. When I first started playing I was under the imperssion that the world would change over time, that once the dragons were defeated parts of the world would actually change, the undead gone, or perhaps relegated to a few deep caves of living world dungeons, but NOTHING has changed, it’s not a living world, example;

The great collapse in Dvinities Reach, I find the area fascinating because of its possibilities and I was under the epectatation that this area would show signs of repair, not huge, the wall higher maybe, some paving fixed even after a while, each patch they do gives them the opportunity to make changes to the world that shows that world is living, but its not, it’s static so far.

To my mind the great collapse is the idea location of a new jumping puzzle leading into the undercity catacombs (yes we know they are there, just listen at some of the sewer grates!) and it would make it look like soemthing is actually happening. I express dissapointment, but maybe I was expecting to much from a free to play game. Come up anet, lets have some living world going on here. Instead of putting people on tasks like SAB give me a jumping puzzle in the great collapse, I even volunteer to help design it!

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The Living world is more a set of scenarios that play out in the world, it doesn’t mean the whole world is in fact alive. You cannot design that much so, that it is always changing. The amount of content to create for that to happen would need loads and loads of manpower. Even though that would be awesome.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

If all the Risen would suddenly drop dead (fo realz), kind of like a deactivated droid army, they would sure make a nice fertilizer for rebuilding of Orr.
As much as it’d be cool to see post-Zhaitan days, I wouldn’t want to see this content removed, not even in the expansion. It’s a crucial part of the story.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: zoidberg.7801

zoidberg.7801

There is no way they would be completely removed. They are such a huge part of the game play, and they are practically everywhere. It would also completely take away from Orr, unless we got some new big baddie to come in.

Kaineng 4 lyfe yo
Samuel Stormwalker

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Kain Francois.4328

Why not add an “extra” zone in Orr, where it is post-Zhaitan?

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I’d love to see Orr return to it’s former glory after so many years of death and destruction. Maybe as a new bastion of hope for humanity, since it’s the main race being decimated right now on the Tyrian/Krytan Continent.

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Fiernze.1986

Fiernze.1986

Also: Arah is only available by instance, maybe they could add a “restored” map of Orrin the Arah+ southeast area of Orr. Anet had so many interesting options for post-Orr that it is belittling GW2 to add silly crap like Southsun or god forbid, SAB!

Decay of the Risen

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

My understanding is that since abaddon, anet have been reluctant to fully kill something off. It is entirely possible that whilst zhaitan is physically dead or downed, he still has presence…something akin to sauron in lord of the rings. If he has presence, it will explain orr indefintely.

Or he may not be dead, just dormant again. No one knows if they are killable